Serina Cucuzza is a strategic thinker and futurist, who is passionate about "connecting " people, projects and institutions for impact . Having over 15 years of exposure and experience across high technology industries including biotechnology, medical devices, diagnostics, medical research, clinical trial CROs, and early-stage VCs.
She currently leads the Commercialisation Innovation and Industry Partnerships (CIIP) team at Burnet where she is supported by a team of specialists across IP and legal, Business Development and Commercial Project management. Serina is experienced in stakeholder management both internal and external and has a strong knowledge and expertise in strategic development, product development, business planning, governance and deal negotiation and market analysis.
With extensive networks in the local biotech and medtech industry she enjoys bringing together people, projects and institutions to create new opportunities for impact, ultimately for patients!
- Masters of Business Administration (Executive Program)
- Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- BSc (Hons), Melbourne University, Victoria, Australia
- BCom, Melbourne University, Australia
- Board member of AusBiotech Ltd
- Member of the Investment Review Committee for the Medical Research Commercialisation Fund
- Secretary of the Burnet Institute Board's IP and Commercialisation Committee