Dr Pham was trained as medical doctor in Vietnam and completed his PhD at Burnet Institute under Associate Professors Stanley Luchters and David Anderson, and Professor Suzanne Crowe AM.
Dr Pham has more than 15 years experience in the field of public health, including 10 years working for the Vietnam Ministry of Health on health system strengthening and health policy focused on infectious diseases.
Before commencing his PhD at Burnet, Dr Pham served as project director and program team leader at different International Public Health Organisations in Vietnam including Management Science for Health (MSH), PATH and Pathfinder International.
Dr Pham’s areas of interest include validation and implementation of novel point-of-care diagnostic technologies; maternal and newborn/child health; adolescent health; infectious diseases (HIV/AIDS, STIs, Viral hepatitis); health system/health policy research; health financing/cost-effectiveness and modelling study.
Mentioned in: ABC News 12 Aug 2021
- 2018: PhD, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- 2005: MPH, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
- 1998: MD, Hanoi Medical University, Vietnam
- 2018: Adjunct Research Fellow, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University.
- 2018: Burnet Institute Fellow, International Development
- 2021-22: Research Excellence Awards, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2019: Harold Michell Foundation Postdoctoral Travel Award, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2017: CROFTS Publication Award, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2014: Postgraduate Excellence Award, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- 2003: Fulbright scholarship, US Department of States, United States
- 2023: Senior Research Fellow, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2018: Senior Research Officer, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2014-2017: Research Officer/PhD candidate, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2013: Project Director, Leadership Management and Governance project, Management Science for Health (MSH), Vietnam
- 2011-2012: Program team leader, Reproductive Health and Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects, PATH, Vietnam
- 2009-2010: Program manager, policy and health system strengthening sub-program, Pathfinder International, Vietnam
- 2000-2009: Public health specialist, Ministry of Health of Vietnam