The objective of this work is to review and address gaps in the availability, quality, and use of SRH and SGBV data generated by health facility data collection and reporting systems.
Phase 1: 2020-2022
Phase 2: 2023-2026
The project involves:
- A gap analysis of the health management information systems (HMIS) in each country to assess the extent to which it is able to meet data requirements
- Presentation of recommendations for HMIS strengthening for SRH and GBV
- Planning and implementation of key recommendations in collaboration with country partners
Improved routine data quality and use in decision-making will impact community health and wellbeing.
A strengthened HMIS and improved information use enables informed decisions for healthcare delivery, the identification and response to health emergencies, monitoring progress towards health goals to inform policy and planning, and improved resource allocation.
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
- UNFPA Pacific Sub-Regional Office
- UNFPA country offices and Ministries of Health in Fiji, Kiribati, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Vanuatu
Meet the project team. Together, we are translating research into better health, for all.