Shannon joined the Burnet Institute in March 2022 as a Project Officer before transitioning to her position as a Research Assistant in 2023. Her primary roles are to provide support to primary investigators, project administration, planning, coordination, monitoring and reporting across the EC Australia Partnership. This involves coordinating, planning, and communicating with a range of stakeholders through the preparation of high-quality reports and manuscripts, briefs and strategy documents.
Shannon also has experience working in government at the Department of Education and Training and completed her Master of Public Health by research where she explored the lived experiences of young women and their interactions with health care providers.
- 2020: Master of Public Health, La Trobe University, Australia
- 2018: Bachelor of Biomedical Science, La Trobe University, Australia
- 2023-present: Research Assistant, EC Australia, Burnet Institute
- 2022-2023: Project Officer, EC Australia, Burnet Institute
- 2022: Project Officer, Department of Education and Training
- 2021-2022: Trainee Administrative Officer, Department of Education and Training