Long has worked as a business and data analyst across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. He has a wealth of local and international experience, where he has been responsible for designing and developing information systems. He has previously worked on evidence-based approaches to designing nursing care rosters in aged care settings and is interested in exploring new data collection methods to facilitate evidence-based research.
- 2013: GradCertSc (Applied Statistics), Swinburne University of Technology;
- 2005: MCom (Information Systems), University of New South Wales;
- 2000: BCom, University of Sydney
- 2015-current: Data Manager, Burnet Institute;
- 2010-2015: Data Analyst, Applied Aged Care Solutions, Melbourne;
- 2007-2009: Business/Data Analyst, Binhminh Community Development Company, Hanoi, Vietnam