Coralie is currently working under the Malaria Virulence and Drug Discovery group, investigating the mode of action of egress and invasion inhibitors identified by Madeline Dans from the ‘Pathogen Box' (compound library provided by Medicines for Malaria Venture).
She graduated from the Swiss Institute of Technologies (EPFL, Lausanne, CH) with a Bachelor and Masters in Life Sciences and Technologies.
In 2020, she completed a PhD in Molecular Parasitology at La Trobe University (Melbourne, AUS) under the supervision of Dr Teresa Carvalho and Prof Christian Doerig. Her PhD research focused on the interrelationship between the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum and its host red blood cell signalling pathways, taking both cellular approaches (flow cytometry and microscopy) and molecular approaches (Western Blots, proteomics and phosphoproteomics, small inhibitory molecules). Throughout her PhD project, she collaborated with eminent experts, such as the Creek group for proteomic work (Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Melbourne, AUS) and the Regev–Rudzki group for extracellular vesicles work (Weizmann Institute, Revohot, ISR, where she spent a month in training).
Coralie has published several first-authored articles and has presented at local and international conferences including the'Molecular Approaches to Malaria Conference' (2020) and the & 'First World Malaria Congress' (2018). She co-organised an online international parasitology conference: Parasitravaganza (2020).
- 2020: PhD, La Trobe University, Australia
- 2015: MSc, Swiss Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2013: BSc, Swiss Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2020–2021: Australian Society for Parasitology: Student Representative; co-founder and member of the ASP Climate-Focus Group
- 2018–2019: PAM HDR Committee (Committee for post-graduate students in the Physiology Anatomy and Microbiology department, La Trobe University): Co-founder and treasurer
- 2014–2015: AGEPoly (EPFL Student Union): Student Representative
- 2013–2014: UNES (Swiss Student Union): member of the commission for equality
- 2020: 3 Minute Thesis competition, La Trobe University finalist (1st Prize School of Life Sciences)
- 2019: Highly commended Science Bite Talk, PAM Research Symposium, La Trobe University
- 2018: Visualise Your Thesis competition, 1st Prize La Trobe University
- 2018–2019: Demonstrating for microbiology practical classes, La Trobe University, Australia
- 2016: Private academic support, ACADOMIA, France & Switzerland
- 2013–2014: Research Assistant, McKinney lab, Swiss Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland