Dr Thi Nguyen joined Burnet Institute in 2019 as a Data Manager. Before joining Burnet, Thi was a Research Fellow in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore where he was responsible for designing and developing natural language processing algorithms for infectious disease surveillance.
Thi received a PhD and a first-class honours degree, both in computer science, from La Trobe University in 2013 and 2008 respectively. Thi commenced a Master of Biostatistics in 2020 at the University of Melbourne to expand his knowledge of public health, epidemiology and biostatistics.
Thi is interested in health data analysis, data management, biostatistics, machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing.
- 2019 - present: Data Manager, Burnet Institute, Melbourne
- 2019: Research Collaborator and Academic, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2013-2015: Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- 2009-2013: PhD Candidate, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2020 – present: Master of Biostatistics, University of Melbourne, Melbourne
- 2013: PhD (CompSci), La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2008: Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons), La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2007: Bachelor of Computer Science, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- A point-of-care lateral flow assay for neutralising antibodies against SARS-CoV-2.
Fulford TS, Van H, Gherardin NA, Zheng S, Ciula M, Drummer HE, Redmond S, Tan HX, Boo I, Center RJ, Li F, Grimley SL, Wines BD, Nguyen THO, Mordant FL, Ellenberg P, Rowntree LC, Kedzierski L, Cheng AC, Doolan DL, Matthews G, Bond K, Hogarth PM, McQuilten Z, Subbarao K, Kedzierska K, Juno JA, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ, Williamson DA, Purcell DFJ, Anderson DA, Godfrey DI
EBioMedicine. 2021 Dec; 74:103729
- Robust and prototypical immune responses toward influenza vaccines in the high-risk group of Indigenous Australians.
Hensen L, Nguyen THO, Rowntree LC, Damelang T, Koutsakos M, Aban M, Hurt A, Harland KL, Auladell M, van de Sandt CE, Everitt A, Blacker C, Oyong DA, Loughland JR, Webb JR, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Flanagan KL, Plebanski M, Wheatley A, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Miller A, Clemens EB, Doherty PC, Nelson J, Davies J, Tong SYC, Kedzierska K
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2021 Oct; 118(41):e2109388118
- Defective Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Immune Responses in an Immunocompromised Individual With Prolonged Viral Replication.
Claire L Gordon, Olivia C Smibert, Natasha E Holmes, Kyra Y L Chua, Morgan Rose, George Drewett, Fiona James, Effie Mouhtouris, Thi H O Nguyen, Wuji Zhang, Lukasz Kedzierski, Louise C Rowntree, Brendon Y Chua, Leon Caly, Mike G Catton, Julian Druce, Michelle Sait, Torsten Seemann, Norelle L Sherry, Benjamin P Howden, Katherine Kedzierska, Jason C Kwong, Jason A Trubiano
Open Forum Infect Dis. 2021 Sep; 8(9):ofab359
- Immune responses in COVID-19 respiratory tract and blood reveal mechanisms of disease severity.
Wuji Zhang, Brendon Chua, Kevin Selva, Lukasz Kedzierski, Thomas Ashhurst, Ebene Haycroft, Suzanne Shoffner, Luca Hensen, David Boyd, Fiona James, Effie Mouhtouris, Jason Kwong, Kyra Chua, George Drewett, Ana Copaescu, Julie Dobson, Louise Rowntree, Jennifer Habel, Lilith Allen, Hui-Fern Koay, Jessica Neil, Matthew Gartner, Christina Lee, Patiyan Andersson, Torsten Seemann, Norelle Sherry, Fatima Amanat, Florian Krammer, Sarah Londrigan, Linda Wakim, Nicholas King, Dale Godfrey, Laura Mackay, Paul Thomas, Suellen Nicholson, Kelly Arnold, Amy Chung, Natasha Holmes, Olivia Smibert, Jason Trubiano, Claire Gordon, Thi Nguyen, Katherine Kedzierska
Res Sq. 2021 Aug; Preprint