Dr. Tharindu Wickramaarachchi is a health modeller based in Melbourne specialising in infectious diseases. He has over eight years of experience in modelling vector borne diseases, with focus on the transmission of dengue in Sri Lanka. Dr Wickramaarachchi joined the Burnet Institute in 2020 to support COVID-19 modelling in lower-middle income country settings.
He has a background in applied mathematics and computing with expertise in non-linear differential equations, mathematical formulation of real-world systems, and uncertainty quantification in multi-factor driven systems and computing.
- PhD in Mathematical Modeling, University of Colombo, 2015
- BSc Hons, First Class, Mathematical Finance, University of Colombo, 2011
- Mathematical Modeller in Health, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia, 2020 to present
- Lecturer in Mathematics, The Open University of Sri Lanka, Colombo, 2015 to 2020
- Research Assistant in Mathematical Modeling, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2012 to 2015
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer, Virtusa PVT Ltd, 2011 to 2012