REGISTER HERE for this free event, being held virtually via Zoom.
WHAT: World AIDS Day Community Forum
WHEN: 11am to Midday AEDT, Tuesday 1 December
Burnet Institute is hosting a Community Forum via Zoom as part of World AIDS Day, 1 December 2020.
Join us as members of Victoria’s CALD communities talk about their unique challenges accessing health services, issues of health literacy, disclosure and relationships.
You can add the link to calendar during registration. You will also receive an email confirming your registration with all details.
Moderated by Dr Chris Lemoh (Monash Health), the panelists include:
- Carol El-Hayek (Burnet Institute),
- Valentina Gamarra (Living Positive Victoria),
- Dr Tafi Marukutira (Burnet Institute),
- Hope Mathumbu (Victorian African Health Action Network - VAHAN), and
- Vicky Saputra (Living Positive Victoria).
This event is part of a full program of 2020 World AIDS Day events produced by Living Positive Victoria. Please note there are unique registrations for each event.
REGISTER HERE for the opening event which will run across Living Positive Victoria social media accounts.
9:00am Official Community Launch
Hosted by Living Positive Victoria.
- Christabel Millar, President of Living Positive Victoria
- The Hon. Martin Foley MLA , The Victorian Minister of Health
- Keynote Speaker Chad Hughes, Burnet Institute, Deputy Program Director Disease Elimination, Acting Regional Director Mekong
- Two positive speakers from Living Positive Victoria; Bruce Sanchez and Bev Trotter
1:00pm – 5.45pm mHIVE World AIDS Day Symposium
This event is hosted by Burnet in conjunction with RMIT.
Welcome address: Prof Sharon Lewin, Director, Doherty Institute
Official Opening: Dr Anneliese van Diemen, Victorian Deputy Chief Health Officer (Communicable Disease), Department of Health and Human Services
Session One Keynote Presentation
Chair: Prof Sharon Lewin
Dr David Ho, Director, Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center, Columbia University
Dr Jillian Lau, Research Fellow, The Alfred Hospital
Session Two Community Perspectives
Chair: Prof Melissa Churchill
Community Forum – Living with HIV in a COVID-19 world
Mr Richard Keane (CEO, Living Positive Victoria), Ms Heather Ellis (Positive Women Victoria), Mr Dean Beck (ENUF Ambassador)
Moderated by Assoc Prof Graham Brown (Centre for Social Impact, University of New South Wales)
Oral Abstract Session
Young Investigators – Selected from abstracts
Official Closing & Presentation of Young Investigator Awards
Award Presentation: ViiV major sponsor representative
Official Closing: Prof Gilda Tachedjian, Head, Life Sciences Discipline, Burnet Institute