Elizabeth is a medical doctor with background in primary health and obstetrics, who is passionate about women’s health research, global health policy and clinical education in low-resourced settings.
She obtained her medical degree from the University of Notre Dame, Fremantle and completed her postgraduate training at Royal Perth Hospital and King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women in Perth where she completed her Diploma of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (DRANZCOG) from the Royal Australian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
She holds a Master of Reproductive Medicine and Master of Women’s Health Medicine from the University of New South Wales.
In 2022, Elizabeth was awarded a National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Postgraduate Scholarship for her PhD titled, ‘Developing and evaluating an evidence-based training program for improving labour and childbirth care in India.’ She is a Senior Research Officer at the Burnet Institute and is co-ordinating the WHO Labour Care Guide pilot trial in India alongside her supervisor, A/Prof Joshua Vogel.
- 2022 – Present: Lecturer in Reproductive and Neonatal Health, College of Medicine & Dentistry, James Cook University (JCU), Townsville
- 2021: Diplomate, The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG)
- 2017 – 2020: Clinical tutor, School of Women’s and Infant’s Health, The University of Western Australia (UWA), Perth, Western Australia.
- 2022 – Present: Senior Research Officer, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia
- 2021: Registrar (Emergency Medicine), Mater Hospital, Brisbane, Australia.
- 2017 – 2020: Registrar (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) King Edward Memorial Hospital, Perth, Western Australia
- 2016: Intern, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia.
- 2021 – Present: Doctor of Philosophy (Public Health) - Burnet Institute / Monash University, Melbourne.
- 2021: Diploma of Obstetrics and Gynecology (DRANZCOG) – Royal Australian College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- 2020: Diploma of Child Health – University of Sydney
- 2016: Master of Women’s Health Medicine – University of New South Wales
- 2015: Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Surgery – University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle.
- 2012: Master of Reproductive Medicine – University of New South Wales
- 2010: Bachelor of Medical Science – University of New South Wales
- NHMRC Postgraduate Scholarship (2022 – 2024)
- Monash University RTP Scholarship (2021)
- Implementing the WHO Labour Care Guide to reduce the use of Caesarean section in four hospitals in India: protocol and statistical analysis plan for a pragmatic, stepped-wedge, cluster-randomized pilot trial.
Vogel JP, Pingray V, Althabe F, Gibbons L, Berrueta M, Pujar Y, Somannavar M, Vernekar SS, Ciganda A, Rodriguez R, Welling SA, Revankar A, Bendigeri S, Kumar JA, Patil SB, Karinagannanavar A, Anteen RR, Pavithra MR, Shetty S, Latha B, Megha HM, Gaddi SS, Chikkagowdra S, Raghavendra B, Armari E, Scott N, Eddy K, Homer CSE, Goudar SS
Reprod Health. 2023 Jan; 20(1):18
News Articles (1)