After enjoying a rewarding 15-year sports broadcasting career with ABC Radio Sport, covering everything from lawn bowls at the 1994 Commonwealth Games in Canada, to interviewing English cricket legend David Gower in a cab on the way to the airport, to broadcasting the ‘USA Dream Team’s’ duel against the Boomers at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, it was time to break out.
Roles in sports management at the 2007 World Swimming Championships Corporation and Netball Australia were followed by short-term PR contracts.
Then, in 2009 the Burnet door opened and Tracy stepped through into a very different world - one of ‘science meets public health’, ground-breaking research and committed public health specialists wanting to make a difference for vulnerable communities.
The ‘Burnet experience’ has been a positive one, filled with daily challenges such as increasing the media profile of the organisation and its talented staff, creating new opportunities to promote its work, and rolling out the social media strategy and new website development.
- 2014 - Deputy Australian Team Media Manager - Glasgow Commonwealth Games
- 2010 - Australian Team Media Manager - Delhi Commonwealth Games
- 2008 - Media Liaison Officer, Australian Olympic Team - Beijing Olympics
- 2006 - Media Liaison Officer, Australian Olympic Team - Torino Winter Olympics
- 2006 - Media Liaison Officer, Australian Team - Melbourne Commonwealth Games
- 2004 - Media Liaison Officer, Australian Olympic Team - Athens Olympics
- 2002 - Broadcaster, ABC Radio, Manchester Commonwealth Games
- 2000 - Broadcaster, ABC Radio, Sydney Olympics
- 1998 - Broadcaster, ABC Radio, Kuala Lumpur Commonwealth Games
- 1996 - Broadcaster, ABC Radio, Atlanta Olympics
- 1994 - Broadcaster, ABC Radio, Victoria Commonwealth Games,Canada
Broadcaster, ABC Radio, World Championships
- 1999 Netball, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 1994 Basketball, Sydney
- 1990 Basketball, Kuching and Kuala Lumpur
- 2019: Executive General Manager, Marketing and Communications, Burnet Institute
- 2017: Head, Communications, Burnet Institute
- 2010: Deputy Head, Public Affairs and Communications, Burnet Institute
- 2009/10: Events Media Manager, Burnet Institute
- 2009: Communications Consultant, Australian Sports Commission
- 2007/09: Public Affairs & Communications Manager, Netball Australia
- 2006/07: Manager, Media Services & Broadcast, World Swimming Championships Corp.
- 2005/07: Media Consultant, Netball Australia
- 2004/05: Board Director, Hockey Australia
- 2004/06: Media & Communications Manager, Netball Victoria
- 2004/06: Media & Communications Consultant – VicSport
- 1989/02: Sport Broadcaster and Executive Producer– Grandstand, ABC Radio Sport
- 1987/89 : Current Affairs Producer – ABC Radio Regional network
Graduate Certificate of Business (Sports Management)
Deakin University* 2003/04
- Management (Distinction),
- Sport Management (High Distinction),
- Facilities and Event Management (High Distinction)
- (one subject to complete)
Bachelor of Arts
Journalism (Sports Studies)
Graduated 1994 - Media Major.
- Cricket Victoria ‘Most Outstanding Media Award - Print, TV, Radio’
- WNBL Journalist of the Year - won four times
News Articles (3)