Romesh joined Burnet at the start of 2018 to work on Optima TB and HCV modelling. He completed his undergraduate studies and PhD in Physics at the University of Sydney. After working on software development for the Optima HIV project in 2015, he took up a postdoctoral research position at the Oxford Centre for Human Brain Activity where he worked on biophysical modelling of neural activity. Now back in Australia, Romesh is based in Perth. His research interests include quantitative predictive modelling and optimization, with a particular focus on data-driven model validation.
- 2018-: Senior Research Officer, Burnet Institute
- 2016-2017: Postdoctoral Scientist, Oxford Centre for Human Brain Activity
- 2014-2015: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Brain Dynamics Group, School of Physics, University of Sydney
- 2015-2016: Consultant Developer (Optima HIV), Kirby Institute, University of New South Wales
- 2014-2015: Analyst, Cingulate Consulting
- 2011-2014: PhD (Physics) The University of Sydney
- 2007-2010: BSc (Advanced) (Honours 1) Physics
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2020 Nov; Epub ahead of print
- Estimating risks associated with early reopening in Victoria. (Policy Brief prepared for the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services)
Abeysuriya R, Delport D, Hellard M, Scott N
Know-C19 Hub. 2020 Sep
- The role of masks in reducing the risk of new waves of COVID-19 in low transmission settings: a modeling study
Stuart RM, Abeysuriya RG, Kerr CC, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Gray R, Hellard M, Scott N
medRxiv. 2020 Sep; Preprint Epub ahead of print
- Bayesian Optimisation of Large-Scale Biophysical Networks.
Hadida J, Sotiropoulos SN, Abeysuriya RG, Woolrich MW, Jbabdi S
NeuroImage. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- A unified model of melatonin, 6-sulfatoxymelatonin, and sleep dynamics.
Romesh G Abeysuriya, Steven W Lockley, Peter A Robinson, Svetlana Postnova
J Pineal Res. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- A biophysical model of dynamic balancing of excitation and inhibition in fast oscillatory large-scale networks.
Romesh G Abeysuriya, Jonathan Hadida, Stamatios N Sotiropoulos, Saad Jbabdi, Robert Becker, Benjamin A E Hunt, Matthew J Brookes, Mark W Woolrich
PLoS Comput Biol. 2018 Feb; 14(2):e1006007
News Articles (1)