Romesh joined Burnet at the start of 2018 to work on Optima TB and HCV modelling. He completed his undergraduate studies and PhD in Physics at the University of Sydney. After working on software development for the Optima HIV project in 2015, he took up a postdoctoral research position at the Oxford Centre for Human Brain Activity where he worked on biophysical modelling of neural activity. Now back in Australia, Romesh is based in Perth. His research interests include quantitative predictive modelling and optimization, with a particular focus on data-driven model validation.
- 2018-: Senior Research Officer, Burnet Institute
- 2016-2017: Postdoctoral Scientist, Oxford Centre for Human Brain Activity
- 2014-2015: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Brain Dynamics Group, School of Physics, University of Sydney
- 2015-2016: Consultant Developer (Optima HIV), Kirby Institute, University of New South Wales
- 2014-2015: Analyst, Cingulate Consulting
- 2011-2014: PhD (Physics) The University of Sydney
- 2007-2010: BSc (Advanced) (Honours 1) Physics
- Modelling the Victorian roadmap (PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT)
Abeysuriya R, Delport D, Sacks-Davis R, Hellard M, Scott N
Know-C19. 2021 Sep; September:1-23
- Covasim: An agent-based model of COVID-19 dynamics and interventions.
Kerr CC, Stuart RM, Mistry D, Abeysuriya RG, Rosenfeld K, Hart GR, Núñez RC, Cohen JA, Selvaraj P, Hagedorn B, George L, Jastrzębski M, Izzo AS, Fowler G, Palmer A, Delport D, Scott N, Kelly SL, Bennette CS, Wagner BG, Chang ST, Oron AP, Wenger EA, Panovska-Griffiths J, Famulare M, Klein DJ
PLoS Comput Biol. 2021 Jul; 17(7):e1009149
- COVID-19 NSW outbreak (PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT)
Scott N, Hellard M, Abeysuriya R
Know-C19 Public Health Report. 2021 Jul
- COVASIM modelling: Impact of vaccines on epidemic outcomes. (PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT)
Abeysuriya R, Hellard M, Scott N
Know-C19. 2021 Jun; June:1-2
- Controlling COVID-19 via test-trace-quarantine.
Kerr CC, Mistry D, Stuart RM, Rosenfeld K, Hart GR, Núñez RC, Cohen JA, Selvaraj P, Abeysuriya RG, Jastrzębski M, George L, Hagedorn B, Panovska-Griffiths J, Fagalde M, Duchin J, Famulare M, Klein DJ
Nat Commun. 2021 May; 12(1):2993
- Role of masks, testing and contact tracing in preventing COVID-19 resurgences: a case study from New South Wales, Australia
Stuart RM, Abeysuriya RG, Kerr CC, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Gray RT, Hellard M, Scott N
BMJ Open. 2021 Apr; 11(4):e045941
- Estimating and mitigating the risk of COVID-19 epidemic rebound associated with reopening of international borders in Vietnam: a modelling study
Pham QD, Stuart RM, Nguyen TV, Luong QC, Tran QD, Pham TQ, Phan LT, Dang TQ, Tran DN, Do HT, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Abeysuriya RG, Oron AP, Kerr CC
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Apr; 9(7):e916-e924
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2021 Feb; 214(2):79-83
- Bayesian Optimisation of Large-Scale Biophysical Networks.
Hadida J, Sotiropoulos SN, Abeysuriya RG, Woolrich MW, Jbabdi S
NeuroImage. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- A unified model of melatonin, 6-sulfatoxymelatonin, and sleep dynamics.
Romesh G Abeysuriya, Steven W Lockley, Peter A Robinson, Svetlana Postnova
J Pineal Res. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- A biophysical model of dynamic balancing of excitation and inhibition in fast oscillatory large-scale networks.
Romesh G Abeysuriya, Jonathan Hadida, Stamatios N Sotiropoulos, Saad Jbabdi, Robert Becker, Benjamin A E Hunt, Matthew J Brookes, Mark W Woolrich
PLoS Comput Biol. 2018 Feb; 14(2):e1006007
News Articles (6)