Troy is a Bundjalung man from the Northern NSW and is a highly regarded leader in Aboriginal health with over twenty years' experience. He has held high-level positions and has managed state and national projects working for both State and National peak Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations and Hepatitis Australia.
In 2005 he was employed as the NSW Sexual Health Coordinator for Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council of NSW and 2006-2007 worked for Hepatitis Australia as the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Policy & Programs Officer. In 2015 Troy was employed at Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation in Northern NSW as the Healthy for Life and Programs Manager and acted as the Executive Officer for a period in 2018. In this role he managed a multi-disciplinary team of health professional and was responsible for the coordination of public health programs including Alcohol & Other Drugs, Diabetes, Chronic Care Co-ordination, Hearing Health, Child & Maternal Health and Immunisation Programs.
Acknowledged for his exceptional leadership in the region Troy received the North Coast Primary Health Care Excellence Award. His focus to improve population-based health outcomes was marked by enhancing better systems utilisation and benchmarking data from patient information systems. Troy provided strategic leadership and management to existing organisational functions and provided support to the CEO on business and operational plans. He prided himself on promoting and building a strong internal workplace culture and promoted positive imaging of the organisations brand at local, state and national levels.
Beyond his professional role, Troy expertise extends to event coordination and facilitation. Notably he served as the MC for the NSW Agency of Clinical Innovation's, Aboriginal Chronic Disease Network Conference in 2017 & 2018.
Fredericks B, Ward J, Bradfield A, McAvoy S, Spierings S, Combo T, Toth-Peter A. (2021, December 22). Understanding health responses to COVID-19 in urban Indigenous communities in Brisbane.
- 2014: Certificate IV in Mental Health
- 2005: Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- 1998: Certificate in Research and Evaluation, Macquarie University
- 2015-2017 Human research Ethics Committee Northern and Mid North Coast of NSW
- 2016 -2019 School of Medicine Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Committee, Western Sydney University
- 2016 National Data Validation Working Group, Department of Health, Australian Government
- 2013 Board of Director, Gallang Place Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Corporation
- 2013 Affiliate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- 2006 Scientific Committee, Australian research Centre in Sex Health and Society
- 2000 Member, The Australian College of Health Service Executives
- 2016: Excellence in Primary Health Care Awards, North Coast Primary Health Network
- 2005: Best Poster Presentation Social Research, Best Oral Presentation Indigenous Health, Australasian Society of HIV Medicine Conference 2005
- 2015 – 2020: Healthy for Life and Programs Manager & Acting Executive Officer, Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation
- 2011 – 2015: SEWB Workforce Coordinator, Queensland Aboriginal Islander Health Council
- 2014 (secondment): National Telehealth Officer, National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO)
- 2013 (secondment): State Service Delivery Manager, Link-Up Queensland