Rachael works as an International Health Research Officer and Project Manager in the Vector Borne Disease and Tropic Public Health (VBDTPH) Working Group at Burnet Institute.
Health Systems Research has been a particular area of interest since completing her studies from the University of Melbourne, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in 2015 and Master of Public Health in 2018 and now, throughout her time at Burnet Institute. Previously, Rachael has spent time with the Comprehensive Rural Healthcare Project (CRHP) in Jamkhed, India, conducted a food hygiene scoping review for WaterAid Cambodia and was previously a project officer for the University of Melbourne Health Initiative Material Aids Program.
Since 2018, Rachael has joined the VBDTPH Working Group supporting multiple projects however, primarily the STRIVE PNG project based in Papua New Guinea (PNG). STRIVE PNG has adopted a strong partnership model through a consortium that brings together 12 organisations across PNG and Australia. In collaboration with STRIVE's in-country Project Partnership Manager, Rachael supports the partnership brokering between the consortium organisations, the project management from Melbourne and alongside the PNG based research team supports the health systems strengthening component of STRIVE.
- 2013-2015, Bachelor of Science, University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2018, Introduction to Financial Accounting, The University of Pennsylvania
- 2017-2018, Master of Public Health, University of Melbourne, Australia
- 2019, Good Clinical Practice Training
- 2019, Health Systems Strengthening, University of Melbourne Online Course
- 2016, Research Assistant, Hospital De Clinicas, Buenos Aires
- 2017, Project Officer, Material Aid Program, University of Melbourne Health Initiative
- 2018, Research Officer, WaterAid Cambodia
Reports + Policy Briefs
- COVID-19 and its impacts on primary health services and public health infectious disease programs in Papua New Guinea. (PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT) Newland J, Neuendorf N, , Vallely L, Mek A, Vengiau G, Farquhar R, Boli-Neo R, Seymour M, Wratten M, Aeno H, Nake Trumb R, Kerry Z, Huang KL, Maalsen A, Homer C, Robinson L, Majumdar S, Vallely A, Laman M, Pomat W, Kelly-Hanku A. WHO Papua New Guinea Commisioned Report. December, 2022.