Dr. Phone has been Burnet Institute's Myanmar Country Representative since 2013. His expertise is in program management and managerial leadership in the public health and pharmaceutical sectors. His professional experience includes seven years as a program coordinator for Burnet Institute, and more than nine years in the product management and marketing departments of multinational pharmaceutical companies, namely GlaxoSmithKline and Les Laboratoires Servier.
Before joining the private sector, he worked for the Myanmar Ministry of Health in clinical and public health. In his role as Burnet's Country Representative, he manages numerous public health projects and research projects in HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis, and hepatitis C; in maternal, neonatal and child health; and in adolescent health.
Under a Humphrey Fellowship granted by the Institute of International Education on behalf of the U.S. Department of State, he studied at the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Administration, Syracuse University, New York State, in 2011 and 2012. There, he completed a diploma of Leadership of International and Non-Government Organisations.
- 2012: Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship, Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Administration, Syracuse University, New York, USA
- 2012: Diploma in Leadership of International and Non-government Organizations, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Administration, Syracuse University, New York, USA
- 1993: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B., B.S), University of Medicine (1), Yangon, Myanmar
- An elected member of the international partner constituency representing the Myanmar Health Sector Coordination Committee, which is the national coordinating body for all health sector issues, including multilateral development partners, NGOs and the private sector
- A member of the Board of Directors, Local Resource Centre, Myanmar
- A member of the Board of Directors, Business Kind, Myanmar
- A life member of the Myanmar Medical Association
- A life member of the Preventive and Social Medicine Society
- A member of the task force to develop a knowledge broker group to support evidence-based health policy decision-making in Myanmar
- 2013-Present: Country Representative, Burnet Institute Myanmar
- 2007-2013: Program Coordinator, Burnet Institute Myanmar
- 2005-2017: Product Manager, GlaxoSmithKline
- 1998-2005: Product Executive, Les Laboratoires Servier
- 1995-1998: Medical officer, Myanmar Ministry of Health