Josh is a public health registrar passionate about health system strengthening. He joins the Burnet after just completing a Masters in Business Administration in Madrid, Spain and an internship in health system resilience at the Organization for Economic Development and Cooperation (OECD) in Paris.
Prior to this, Josh was a public health registrar in Brisbane, and a medical registrar in various rural hospitals throughout Tasmania, New South Wales and Queensland. He completed his first two years as a doctor at the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne and graduated with an MD/MPH from the University of Melbourne in 2016 during which he undertook research and clinical placements in Thailand, Timor Leste and Nepal.
- 2022: MBA, IE University, Spain
- 2016: MPH, University of Melbourne
- 2016: MD, University of Melbourne
- 2011: B Biomedicine, University of Melbourne
- Feb 2023 - current: Public Health Registrar, Burnet Institute
- Dec 2022 – Feb 2023, Intern, OECD Paris
- Nov 2020- Dec 2021, Public Health Registrar, MSPHU, Qld.
- Jan 2019 – Nov 2020, Locum Medical Registrar, Various Hospitals
- Jan 2017 – Dec 2018, Intern & Resident, Alfred Health, Melbourne
- 2022: Top Student – International MBA, IE Business School
- 2022: 3rd Annual Gilead Pharma Case Competition Winner
- 2022: IE3 Collaboration Award, IE Business School
- 2016: Global Scholars Award, University of Melbourne
- 2015: Andrew Colgate Newell Scholarship, University of Melbourne
- 2014: Global Health Mentoring Program Scholarship, University of Melbourne
- 2012: John Flynn Placement Program Scholarship, ACRRM
- 2009: Kwong Lee Dow Scholarship, University of Melbourne