Iru joined the Burnet Institute in October 2017 as a peer counsellor for TB patients. Prior to joining Burnet, she was working as a treatment supporter with World Vision International in the RID-TB project in Daru, Papua New Guinea. Her roles include providing education, and psychological support to patients and their families, facilitating patient referrals and working collaboratively with other clinical staff to ensure patient needs are met. Iru was part of a documentary done by the World Bank on TB program in Daru in 2018.
- 2019: SASA – Examining Power, Root Cause, types of Violence Against Women Training;
- 2019: Child Protection Training – Daru PNG;
- 2017: Certificate on Gender Based Violence and Trauma Informed Care Training; Certificate in Standard Patient Education Counselling sessions training; Certificate in TB Treatment Supporter
- 2017- Present: Peer Counsellor, Burnet Institute;
- Prior to 2017: Treatment Support Officer, World Vision