Desmond Samson is a Peer Counsellor with the South Fly TB program, Western Province, Papua New Guinea. His role includes providing education, and psychological support to patients and their families, facilitating patient referrals and working collaboratively with other clinical staff to ensure patient needs are met.
Prior to joining Burnet, Desmond worked with Tingim Laip as a Field Officer supporting MSM and transgender populations.
Desmond was also at Save the Children as a Data Entry Officer in charge of key populations.
- 2019: SASA – Examining Power, Root Cause, types of Violence Against Women Training – Daru, PNG
- 2019: Certificate in Standard Patient Education Counselling Sessions Training (theory)
- 2019: Child Protection Training; 2014: Child Rights Training
- 2014: HIV and Law Training
- 2014: Sexual and Reproductive Health; 2014: First Aid Training; 2013: Monitoring and Evaluation Training
- 2013: Peer Educators Training
- 2013: Trainer of Trainers Training
- 2010: Introduction to Basic HIV/AIDS