To achieve greater equity in health within vulnerable communities requires an urgent need to develop and promote new strategies, tools and policies.
Burnet is working with many communities to better understand and address the underlying factors that prevent access to crucial health care services such as family planning, postnatal and newborn care, vaccination, HIV prevention, care and support and nutrition.
Our working groups work to achieve better health outcomes for vulnerable communities by:
- Strengthening health systems
- Improving service delivery
- Empowering communities
Our working group contributes to:
- Improving sexual and reproductive health for men and women - Advancement of gender equality, and prevention of gender-based violence
- Increasing the capacity of health professionals, researchers, policy makers through education and training
- Strengthening health systems so that they are more responsive to the health needs of individuals and communities
- Empowering communities to improve health seeking behaviours and health literacy
communities to improve health seeking behaviours and health literacy.
Lisa has more than 18 years experience in international health and development with a particular focus on community health programming, child welfare, and social development, in the fields of HIV and AIDS, TB and malaria.
Meet the working group. Together, we are translating research into better health, for all.