COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
June, 2020 (1)
- Characteristics of gay and bisexual men who rarely use HIV risk reduction strategies during condomless anal intercourse: Results from the FLUX national online cohort study.
Kolstee J, Holt M, Jin J, Hammoud MA, Degenhardt L, Maher L, Lea T, Prestage G
PLoS One. 2020 Jun; 15(6):e0233922
May, 2020 (21)
- A Mobile Phone-Based Sexual and Reproductive Health Intervention for Female Sex Workers in Kenya: Development and Qualitative Study.
Ampt FH, L'Engle K, Lim MSC, Plourde KF, Mangone E, Mukanya CM, Gichangi P, Manguro G, Hellard M, Stoové M, Chersich MF, Jaoko W, Agius PA, Temmerman M, Wangari W, Luchters S
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2020 May; 8(5):e15096
- Striving for hepatitis C elimination - the role of a vaccine.
Hellard M, Drummer H, Scott N
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 May; Epub ahead of print
- Cross-sectional metabolic profiles of mental health in population-based cohorts of 11- to 12-year-olds and mid-life adults: The Longitudinal Study of Australian Children.
Lange K, Lycett K, Ellul S, Saffery R, Mensah F, Carlin J, Gold L, Edwards B, Azzopardi P, Sawyer M, Juonala M, Burgner D, Wake M
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2020 May; Epub ahead of print
- Infection-induced plasmablasts are a nutrient sink that impairs humoral immunity to malaria.
Vijay R, Guthmiller JJ, Sturtz AJ, Surette FA, Rogers KJ, Sompallae RR, Li F, Pope RL, Chan JA, de Labastida Rivera F, Andrew D, Webb L, Maury WJ, Xue HH, Engwerda CR, McCarthy JS, Boyle MJ, Butler NS
Nat Immunol. 2020 May; Epub ahead of print
- The most promising treatments for COVID-19.
Lewin S, Copolov D, Crabb B, Cuthbertson A, Doherty P, Hoy W, Kelleher A, Majumdar S, Tachedjian G
Rapid Res Infor Forum. 2020 May
- A core outcome set for pre-eclampsia research: An international consensus development study.
Duffy JMN, Cairns AE, Richards-Doran D, van 't Hooft J, Gale C, Brown M, Chappell LC, Grobman WA, Fitzpatrick R, Karumanchi SA, Khalil A, Lucas DN, Magee LA, Mol BW, Stark M, Thangaratinam S, Wilson MJ, von Dadelszen P, Williamson PR, Ziebland S, McManus RJ; International Collaboration to Harmonise Outcomes for Pre-eclampsia (iHOPE). including CSE Homer as Collaborator
BJOG. 2020 May; Epub ahead of print
- COVID-19 in Africa: care and protection for frontline healthcare workers.
Chersich MF, Gray G, Fairlie L, Eichbaum Q, Mayhew S, Allwood B, English R, Scorgie F, Luchters S, Simpson G, Haghighi MM, Pham MD, Rees H
Global Health. 2020 May; 16(1):46
- The Need for the Right Socio-Economic and Cultural Fit in the COVID-19 Response in Sub-Saharan Africa: Examining Demographic, Economic Political, Health, and Socio-Cultural Differentials in COVID-19 Morbidity and Mortality.
Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020 May; 17(10):E3445
- Sexual Behaviors and Violence in Pornography: Systematic Review and Narrative Synthesis of Video Content Analyses.
Carrotte ER, Davis AC, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2020 May; 22(5):e16702
- The most promising vaccines for COVID-19.
Cunningham A, Chappell K, Copolov D, Crabb B, Cuthbertson A, Doherty P, Drummer H, Foley C, Godfrey D, Halton J, Kelleher A , Majumdar S, McDonald C, Munro T, Purcell D, Young P
Rapid Res Infor Forum. 2020 May
- Psychometric properties of measures of substance use: a systematic review and meta-analysis of reliability, validity and diagnostic test accuracy.
Santos GM, Strathdee SA, El-Bassel N, Patel P, Subramanian D, Horyniak D, Cook RR, McCullagh C, Marotta P, Choksi F, Kang B, Allen I, Shoptaw S
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2020 May; 20(1):106
- Adherence in chronic hepatitis B: associations between medication possession ratio and adverse viral outcomes.
Allard NL, MacLachlan JH, Dev A, Dwyer J, Srivatsa G, Spelman T, Thompson AJ, Cowie BC
BMC Gastroenterol. 2020 May; 20(1):140
- A Natural Peptide Antigen within the Plasmodium Ribosomal Protein RPL6 Confers Liver TRM Cell-Mediated Immunity against Malaria in Mice.
Valencia-Hernandez AM, Ng WY, Ghazanfari N, Ghilas S, de Menezes MN, Holz LE, Huang C, English K, Naung M, Tan PS, Tullett KM, Steiner TM, Enders MH, Beattie L, Chua YC, Jones CM, Cozijnsen A, Mollard V, Cai Y, Bowen DG, Purcell AW, La Gruta NL, Villadangos JA, de Koning-Ward T, Barry AE, Barchet W, Cockburn IA, McFadden GI, Gras S, Lahoud MH, Bertolino P, Schittenhelm RB, Caminschi I, Heath WR, Fernandez-Ruiz D
Cell Host Microbe. 2020 May; Epub ahead of print
- Understanding mental health and its determinants from the perspective of adolescents: A qualitative study across diverse social settings in Indonesia.
Willenberg L, Wulan N, Medise BE, Devaera Y, Riyanti A, Ansariadi A, Wiguna T, Kaligis F, Fisher J, Luchters S, Jameel A, Sawyer SM, Tran T, Kennedy E, Patton GC, Wiweko B, Azzopardi PS
Asian J Psychiatr. 2020 May; 52:102148
- High sustained viral response rate in patients with hepatitis C using generic sofosbuvir and daclatasvir in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Zhang M, O'Keefe D, Iwamoto M, Sann K, Kien A, Hang V, Brucker C, Jolivet P, Ly S, Chhit D, Balkan S, Marquardt T, Le Paih M, Dousset JP
J Viral Hepat. 2020 May; Epub ahead of print
- Scaling up tuberculosis preventive therapy for contacts in high transmission settings
Majumdar SS, Triasih R, Grham SM
Lancet Glob Health. 2020 May; 8:e617-e618
- Global and regional prevalence, burden, and risk factors for carotid atherosclerosis: a systematic review, meta-analysis, and modelling study.
Song P, Fang Z, Wang H, Cai Y, Rahimi K, Zhu Y, Fowkes FGR, Fowkes FJI, Rudan I
Lancet Glob Health. 2020 May; 8(5):e721-e729
- Shifting the paradigm: using disease outbreaks to build resilient health systems.
Durski KN, Osterholm M, Majumdar SS, Nilles E, Bausch DG, Atun R
BMJ Glob Health. 2020 May; 5(5):e002499
- Development and validation of serological markers for detecting recent Plasmodium vivax infection.
Longley RJ, White MT, Takashima E, Brewster J, Morita M, Harbers M, Obadia T, Robinson LJ, Matsuura F, Liu ZSJ, Li-Wai-Suen CSN, Tham WH, Healer J, Huon C, Chitnis CE, Nguitragool W, Monteiro W, Proietti C, Doolan DL, Siqueira AM, Ding XC, Gonzalez IJ, Kazura J, Lacerda M, Sattabongkot J, Tsuboi T, Mueller I
Nat Med. 2020 May; 26(5):741-749
- Illicit drug use and harms in Australia in the context of COVID-19 and associated restrictions: Anticipated consequences and initial responses.
Dietze PM, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 May; 39(4):297-300
- Enhancing the hepatitis B care cascade in Australia: a cost-effectiveness model.
Xiao Y, Howell J, van Gemert C, Thompson AJ, Seaman CP, McCulloch K, Scott N, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2020 May; 27(5):526-536
April, 2020 (17)
- A strategic framework to ease community-wide Covid-19 suppression measures.
Coghlan B, Majumdar SS, Pedrana A, Hellard ME, Crabb BS
MJA. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Minimum costs to manufacture new treatments for COVID-19.
Hill A, Wang J, Levi J, Heath K, Fortunak J
J Virus Erad. 2020 Apr; 6(2):61-69
- Trends in HIV and STI testing among gay bisexual and other men who have sex with men following rapid scale-up of PrEP in Victoria, Australia.
Ryan KE, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Armishaw J, Lal L, Nguyen L, Murphy D, Traeger M, Hellard M, Hoy J, Stoové M, Wright E; PrEPX Study team
Sex Transm Dis. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Bacterial and fungal infections in COVID-19 patients: A matter of concern.
Zhou P, Liu Z, Chen Y, Xiao Y, Huang X, Fan XG
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Enhancing the antigenicity and immunogenicity of monomeric forms of hepatitis C virus E2 for use as a preventive vaccine.
Center RJ, Boo I, Phu L, McGregor J, Poumbourios P, Drummer HE
J Biol Chem. 2020 Apr; 295(21):7179-7192
- Epidemic thunderstorm asthma susceptibility from sensitization to ryegrass (Lolium perenne) pollen and major allergen Lol p 5.
Hew M, Lee J, Varese N, Aui PM, McKenzie CI, Wines BD, Aumann H, Rolland JM, Hogarth PM, van Zelm MC, O'Hehir RE
Allergy. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Targeting CD300f to enhance hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in acute myeloid leukemia.
Abadir E, Silveira PA, Gasiorowski RE, Ramesh M, Romano A, Mekkawy AH, Lo TH, Kabani K, Sutherland S, Pietersz GA, Ho PJ, Bryant CE, Larsen SR, Clark GJ
Blood Adv. 2020 Apr; 4(7):1206-1216
- Infectious KoRV-related retroviruses circulating in Australian bats.
Hayward JA, Tachedjian M, Kohl C, Johnson A, Dearnley M, Jesaveluk B, Langer C, Solymosi PD, Hille G, Nitsche A, Sánchez CA, Werner A, Kontos D, Crameri G, Marsh GA, Baker ML, Poumbourios P, Drummer HE, Holmes EC, Wang LF, Smith I, Tachedjian G
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020 Apr; 117(7):9529–9536
- Inflammatory and antimicrobial properties differ between vaginal Lactobacillus isolates from South African women with non-optimal versus optimal microbiota.
Manhanzva MT, Abrahams AG, Gamieldien H, Froissart R, Jaspan H, Jaumdally SZ, Barnabas SL, Dabee S, Bekker LG, Gray G, Passmore JS, Masson L
Sci Rep. 2020 Apr; 10(1):6196
- Misoprostol for the prevention of post-partum haemorrhage in Mozambique: an analysis of the interface between human rights, maternal health and development.
Hobday K, Zwi AB, Homer C, Kirkham R, Hulme J, Wate PZ, Prata N
BMC Int Health Hum Rights. 2020 Apr; 20(1):9
- Caring for the carers: Ensuring the provision of quality maternity care during a global pandemic.
Wilson AN, Ravaldi C, Scoullar MJL, Vogel JP, Szabo RA, Fisher JRW, Homer CSE
Women Birth. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Young Aboriginal people's engagement with STI testing in the Northern Territory, Australia.
Bell S, Aggleton P, Ward J, Murray W, Silver B, Lockyer A, Ferguson T, Fairley CK, Whiley D, Ryder N, Donovan B, Guy R, Kaldor J, Maher L
BMC Public Health. 2020 Apr; 20(1):459
- "Bed Bugs and Beyond": An ethnographic analysis of North America's first women-only supervised drug consumption site.
Boyd J, Lavalley J, Czechaczek S, Mayer S, Kerr T, Maher L, McNeil R
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Tuberculosis contact investigation and short-course preventive therapy among young children in Africa.
Schwoebel V, Koura KG, Adjobimey M, Gnanou S, Wandji AG, Gody JC, Delacourt C, Detjen A, Graham SM, Masserey E, Mselatti P, Roggi A, Trébucq A
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2020 Apr; 24(4):452-460
- Antimicrobial resistance in the Pacific Island countries and territories.
Loftus M, Stewardson A, Naidu R, Coghlan B, Jenney A, Kepas J, Lavu E, Munamua A, Peel T, Sahai V, Tekoaua R, Tudravu L, Zinihite J, Cheng A, Rafai E, Peleg A
BMJ Glob Health. 2020 Apr; 5(4)
- Engaging sub-Saharan African migrant families in Australia: broadening definitions of family, community, and culture.
Mugadza HT, Akombi BJ, Tetteh VW, Stout B, Renzaho AMN
Commun Work Fam. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Non-consensual sharing of personal sexually explicit imagery among young people in Australia: results from an online survey.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Apr; 17(2):182-186
March, 2020 (27)
- Effectiveness of an Ecological Momentary Intervention for Reducing Risky Alcohol Consumption Among Young Adults: Protocol for a Three-Arm Randomized Controlled Trial.
Wright C, Dietze PM, Kuntsche E, Livingston M, Agius PA, Room R, Raggatt M, Hellard M, Lim MSC
JMIR Res Protoc. 2020 Mar; 9(3):e14190
- Multi-functional antibodies are induced by the RTS,S malaria vaccine and associated with protection in a phase I/IIa trial.
Kurtovic L, Atre T, Feng G, Wines BD, Chan JA, Boyle MJ, Drew DR, Hogarth PM, Fowkes FJI, Bergmann-Leitner ES, Beeson JG
J Infect Dis. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Midwives in a pandemic: A call for solidarity and compassion.
O'Connell M, Crowther S, Ravaldi C, Homer C
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(3):205-206
- Unmet Need for Family Planning and Experience of Unintended Pregnancy Among Female Sex Workers in Urban Cameroon: Results From a National Cross-Sectional Study.
Bowring AL, Schwartz S, Lyons C, Rao A, Olawore O, Njindam IM, Nzau J, Fouda G, Fako GH, Turpin G, Levitt D, Georges S, Tamoufe U, Billong SC, Njoya O, Zoung-Kanyi AC, Baral S
Glob Health Sci Pract. 2020 Mar; 8(1):82-99
- Language of Health of Young Australian Adults: A Qualitative Exploration of Perceptions of Health, Wellbeing and Health Promotion via Online Conversations.
Molenaar A, Choi TS, Brennan L, Reid M, Lim MS, Truby H, McCaffrey TA
Nutrients. 2020 Mar; 12(4)
- Measuring hepatitis C virus elimination as a public health threat:beyond global targets.
van Santen DK, Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Scott N, Prins M, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Antibiotic prescribing in neonatal sepsis: an Australian nationwide survey.
McMullan B, Cooper C, Spotswood N, James R, Jones C, Konecny P, Blyth C, Karen T
BMJ Paediatr Open. 2020 Mar; 4(1):e000643
- Direct assessment of mental health and metabolic syndrome amongst Indonesian adolescents: a study design for a mixed-methods study sampled from school and community settings.
Azzopardi PS, Willenberg L, Wulan N, Devaera Y, Medise B, Riyanti A, Ansariadi A, Sawyer S, Wiguna T, Kaligis F, Fisher J, Tran T, Agius PA, Borschmann R, Brown A, Cini K, Clifford S, Kennedy EC, Pedrana A, Pham MD, Wake M, Zimmet P, Durrant K, Wiweko B, Luchters S
Glob Health Action. 2020 Mar; 13(1):1732665
- PfCERLI1 is a conserved rhoptry associated protein essential for Plasmodium falciparum merozoite invasion of erythrocytes.
Liffner B, Frölich S, Heinemann GK, Liu B, Ralph SA, Dixon MWA, Gilberger TW, Wilson DW
Nat Commun. 2020 Mar; 11(1):1411
- Monocytes from men living with HIV exhibit heightened atherogenic potential despite long term viral suppression with ART.
Angelovich TA, Trevillyan JM, Hoy JF, Wong ME, Agius PA, Hearps AC, Jaworowski A
AIDS. 2020 Mar; 34(4):513-518
- Australia needs to increase testing to achieve hepatitis C elimination.
Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Wade AJ, Stoové M, Pedrana A, Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- C-Reactive Protein and Its Structural Isoforms: An Evolutionary Conserved Marker and Central Player in Inflammatory Diseases and Beyond.
McFadyen JD, Zeller J, Potempa LA, Pietersz GA, Eisenhardt SU, Peter K
Subcell Biochem. 2020 Mar; 94:499-520
- Sharing the costs of structural interventions: What can models tell us?
Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- The validation of organisational culture assessment instrument in healthcare setting: results from a cross-sectional study in Vietnam.
Van Huy N, Thu NTH, Anh NLT, Au NTH, Phuong NT, Cham NT, Minh PD
BMC Public Health. 2020 Mar; 20(1):316
- Reinfection following successful direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C infection among people who inject drugs.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Hellard M, Bruneau J, Feld JJ, Cooper C, Powis J, Litwin AH, Marks P, Dalgard O, Conway B, Moriggia A, Stedman C, Read P, Bruggmann P, Lacombe K, Dunlop A, Applegate TL, Matthews GV, Fraser C, Dore GJ, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Harnessing the immune system via FcgammaR function in immune therapy: A pathway to next-gen mAbs.
Chenoweth AM, Wines BD, Anania JC, Mark Hogarth P
Immunol Cell Biol. 2020 Mar
- Protecting Chinese Healthcare Workers While Combating the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
Zhou P, Huang Z, Xiao Y, Huang X, Fan XG
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print:1-4
- Screening the Medicines for Malaria Venture Pathogen Box for invasion and egress inhibitors of the blood stage of Plasmodium falciparum reveals several inhibitory compounds.
Dans MG, Weiss GE, Wilson DW, Sleebs BE, Crabb BS, de Koning-Ward TF, Gilson PR
Int J Parasitol. 2020 Mar; 50(3):235-252
- Community pharmacy naloxone supply, before and after rescheduling as an over-the-counter drug: sales and prescriptions data, 2014-2018.
Tse WC, Sanfilippo P, Lam T, Dietze P, Nielsen S
Med J Aust. 2020 Mar; 212(7):314-320
- Survey of Australian maternity hospitals to inform development and implementation of a stillbirth prevention 'bundle of care'.
Andrews CJ, Ellwood D, Middleton PF, Homer CSE, Reinebrant HE, Donnolley N, Boyle FM, Gordon A, Nicholl M, Morris J, Gardener G, Davies-Tuck M, Wallace EM, Flenady VJ
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(3):251-258
- The cost of vaginal birth at home, in a birth centre or in a hospital setting in New South Wales: A micro-costing study.
Scarf VL, Yu S, Viney R, Lavis L, Dahlen H, Foureur M, Homer C
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(3):286-293
- Gaps in the HIV diagnosis and care cascade for migrants in Australia, 2013-2017: A cross-sectional study.
Marukutira T, Gray RT, Douglass C, El-Hayek C, Moreira C, Asselin J, Donovan B, Vickers T, Spelman T, Crowe S, Guy R, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS Med. 2020 Mar; 17(3):e1003044
- Editorial: Words matter; language matters.
Homer C, Wilson A, Davis D
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(2):105-106
- The safety of combined triple drug therapy with ivermectin, diethylcarbamazine and albendazole in the neglected tropical diseases co-endemic setting of Fiji: A cluster randomised trial.
Hardy M, Samuela J, Kama M, Tuicakau M, Romani L, Whitfeld MJ, King CL, Weil GJ, Grobler AC, Robinson LJ, Kaldor JM, Steer AC
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2020 Mar; 14(3):e0008106
- Induction of labour indications and timing: A systematic analysis of clinical guidelines.
Coates D, Homer C, Wilson A, Deady L, Mason E, Foureur M, Henry A
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(3):219-230
- Potential health gains among key populations in West and Central Africa through savings from lower-cost HIV treatment.
Stuart RM, Kelly SL, Martin-Hughes R, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2020 Mar; 34(3):439-446
- Recognising the challenges of providing care for Thai pregnant adolescents: Healthcare professionals' views.
Jittitaworn W, Fox D, Catling C, Homer CSE
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(2):e192-e190
February, 2020 (30)
- Motivations for crystal methamphetamine-opioid co-injection/co-use amongst community-recruited people who inject drugs: a qualitative study.
Palmer A, Scott N, Dietze P, Higgs P
Harm Reduct J. 2020 Feb; 17(1):14
- Programmatic versus personalised approaches to managing the global epidemic of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis.
Chakaya JM, Marais B, du Cros P, Ntoumi F, Mfinanga S, Kapata N, Hasnain SE, Nathavitharana R, Zumla A
Lancet Respir Med. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Understanding the Experiences and Needs of Migrant Women Affected by Female Genital Mutilation Using Maternity Services in Australia.
Turkmani S, Homer CSE, Dawson AJ
Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020 Feb; 17(5):E1491
- Point-of-care HIV testing can help achieve UNAIDS targets.
Hellard M, Ryan KE, Stoové M
Lancet HIV. 2020 Feb; 7(4):e216-e217
- A digital pornography literacy resource co-designed with vulnerable young people: Development of "The Gist"
Davis AC, Wright CC, Murphy S, Dietze P, Temple-Smith MJ, Hellard ME, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Feb; 22(6):e15964
- Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted - should we be treating people with immune-tolerant chronic hepatitis B to prevent hepatocellular carcinoma?
Howell DJ, Chan HL, Feld JJ, Hellard ME, Thompson AJ
Gastroenterology. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Third- and fourth-degree tears: A review of the current evidence for prevention and management.
Wilson AN, Homer CSE
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Tuberculosis in pregnant women and neonates: A meta-review of current evidence.
Snow KJ, Bekker A, Huang GK, Graham SM
Paediatr Respir Rev. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Investing in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adolescents: a foundation for achieving health equity.
Azzopardi P, Blow N, Purcell T, Brown N, Ritchie T, Brown A
Med J Aust. 2020 Feb; 212(5):202-204
- The effect of Instagram #fitspiration images on young women's mood, body image, and exercise behaviour.
Prichard I, Kavanagh E, Mulgrew KE, Lim MSC, Tiggemann M
Body Image. 2020 Feb; 33:1-6
- New Potential Axes of HIV Neuropathogenesis with Relevance to Biomarkers and Treatment.
Angelovich TA, Churchill MJ, Wright EJ, Brew BJ
Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Inter-relationships among key reproductive health indicators in sub-Saharan Africa focusing on the central role of maternal literacy.
Woldegiorgis MA, Meyer D, Hiller JE, Mekonnen W, Bhowmik J
Int Health. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- A quasi-experimental text messaging trial to improve adolescent sexual and reproductive health and smoking knowledge in Indonesia.
Pedrana AE, Pina J, Padmawati RS, Zuhrina R, Lazuardi L, Lim MSC, Hellard ME, Prabandari YS
Sex Health. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Blood donation amongst people who inject drugs in Australia: research supporting policy change.
Quinn B, Pearson R, Cutts J, Seed C, Scott N, Hoad V, Dietze P, Wilson D, Maher L, Thompson A, Farrell M, Harrod M, Caris S, Pink J, Kotsiou G, Hellard M
Vox Sang. 2020 Feb; 115(3):162-70
- Fc functional antibody responses to adjuvanted versus unadjuvanted seasonal influenza vaccination in community-dwelling older adults.
Vanderven HA, Barr I, Reynaldi A, Wheatley AK, Wines BD, Davenport MP, Hogarth PM, Kent SJ
Vaccine. 2020 Feb; 38(10):2368-2377
- The provision of midwife-led care in low-and middle-income countries: An integrative review.
Michaela Michel-Schuldt, Alison McFadden, Mary Renfrew, Caroline Homer
Midwifery. 2020 Feb; 84:102659
- The effects of sublingual nitroglycerin administration in coronary computed tomography angiography.
Kutaiba N, Lukies M, Galea M, Begbie M, Smith G, Kearney L, Spelman T, Lim RP
Clin Imaging. 2020 Feb; 60(2):194-199
- Is another relationship possible? Connoisseurship and the doctor-patient relationship for men who consume performance and image-enhancing drugs.
Fraser S, Fomiatti R, Moore D, Seear K, Aitken C
Soc Sci Med. 2020 Feb; 246:112720
- 2020 is the International Year of the Midwife: Announcing a special issue.
Women Birth. 2020 Feb; 33(1):1-2
- Investigating possible syndemic relationships between structural and drug use factors, sexual HIV transmission and viral load among men of colour who have sex with men in Los Angeles County.
Quinn B, Gorbach PM, Okafor CN, Heinzerling KG, Shoptaw S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Feb; 39(2):116-127
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis for female sex workers: ensuring women's family planning needs are not left behind.
Bowring AL, Ampt FH, Schwartz S, Stoové MA, Luchters S, Baral S, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25442
- Trends in late and advanced HIV diagnoses among migrants in Australia; implications for progress on Fast-Track targets: A retrospective observational study.
Marukutira T, Gunaratnam P, Douglass C, Jamil MS, McGregor S, Guy R, Gray RT, Spelman T, Horyniak D, Higgins N, Giele C, Crowe SM, Stoove M, Hellard M
Medicine. 2020 Feb; 99(8):e19289
- HIV incidence and factors associated with testing positive for HIV among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Myanmar: data from community-based HIV testing services.
Veronese V, Traeger M, Oo ZM, Tun TT, Oo NN, Maung H, Hughes C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25454
- Indications for, and timing of, planned caesarean section: A systematic analysis of clinical guidelines.
Coates D, Homer C, Wilson A, Deady L, Mason E, Foureur M, Henry A
Women Birth. 2020 Feb; 33(1):22-34
- The future in their hands: Graduating student midwives' plans, job satisfaction and the desire to work in midwifery continuity of care.
Evans J, Taylor J, Browne J, Ferguson S, Atchan M, Maher P, Homer CS, Davis D
Women Birth. 2020 Feb; 33(1):e59-e66
- Why are vaccines against many human viral diseases still unavailable; an historic perspective?
Tannock GA, Kim H, Xue L
J Med Virol. 2020 Feb; 92(2):129-138
- Prevalence of daily tobacco smoking participation among HIV-positive and HIV-negative Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Wilkinson A, Quinn B, Draper B, White S, Hellard M, Stoové M
HIV Med. 2020 Feb; 21(2):e3-e4
- Distinguishing human peripheral blood CD16(+) myeloid cells based on phenotypic characteristics.
Fromm PD, Silveira PA, Hsu JL, Papadimitrious MS, Lo TH, Ju X, Kupresanin F, Romano A, Hsu WH, Bryant CE, Kong B, Abadir E, Mekkawy A, M McGuire H, Groth BFS, Cunningham I, Newman E, Gibson J, Hogarth PM, Hart DNJ, Clark GJ
J Leukoc Biol. 2020 Feb; 107(2):323-339
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of primary versus hospital-based specialist care for direct acting antiviral hepatitis C treatment.
Palmer AY, Wade AJ, Draper B, Howell J, Doyle JS, Petrie D, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME, Scott N
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Feb; 76:102633
- Upscaling prevention, testing and treatment to control hepatitis C as a public health threat in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: A cost-effectiveness model.
Scott N, Mohamed Z, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Lemoine M, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print:102634
January, 2020 (48)
- Responding to the health needs of women from migrant and refugee backgrounds-Models of maternity and postpartum care in high-income countries: A systematic scoping review.
Rogers HJ, Hogan L, Coates D, Homer CSE, Henry A
Health Soc Care Community. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A systematic scoping review of clinical indications for induction of labour.
Coates D, Makris A, Catling C, Henry A, Scarf V, Watts N, Fox D, Thirukumar P, Wong V, Russell H, Homer C
PLoS One. 2020 Jan; 15(1):e0228196
- Cost-effectiveness of transplanting lungs and kidneys from donors with potential hepatitis C exposure or infection.
Scott N, Snell G, Westall G, Pilcher D, Raggatt M, Walker RG, Hellard M, Peleg AY, Doyle J
Sci Rep. 2020 Jan; 10(1):1459
- The invisible burden of malaria-attributable stillbirths.
Fowkes FJI, Davidson E, Moore KA, McGready R, Simpson JA
Lancet. 2020 Jan; 395(10220):268
- Strengthening routine immunization in Papua New Guinea: a cross-sectional provincial assessment of front-line services.
Morgan CJ, Saweri OPM, Larme N, Peach E, Melepia P, Au L, Scoullar MJL, Reza MS, Vallely LM, McPake BI, Beeson JG
BMC Public Health. 2020 Jan; 20(1):100
- Pregnancy-specific malarial immunity and risk of malaria in pregnancy and adverse birth outcomes: a systematic review.
Cutts JC, Agius PA, Zaw Lin, Powell R, Moore K, Draper B, Simpson JA, Fowkes FJI
BMC Med. 2020 Jan; 18(1):14
- Modelling the impact of migrants on the success of the HIV care and treatment program in Botswana.
Marukutira T, Scott N, Kelly SL, Birungi C, Makhema JM, Crowe S, Stoove M, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2020 Jan; 15(1):e0226422
- "That's the Lowest Place on Earth!" Experiences of the Carceral Spaces of Australian Police Custody for Marginalized Young Men.
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Qual Health Res. 2020 Jan; 30(6):880-893
- Mapping out a research agenda on alcohol and other drug stigma: Commentary on Seear.
Maher L, Iversen J, Geddes l
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Social domains of discrimination against people who inject drugs: Links with health and wellbeing.
Couto E Cruz C, Salom C, Parsell C, Dietze P, Burns L, Alati R
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 77:102620
- Distinct Immune Responses Elicited From Cervicovaginal Epithelial Cells by Lactic Acid and Short Chain Fatty Acids Associated With Optimal and Non-optimal Vaginal Microbiota.
Delgado-Diaz DJ, Tyssen D, Hayward JA, Gugasyan R, Hearps AC, Tachedjian G
Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2020 Jan; 9:446
- TNF-Block Genotypes Influence Susceptibility to HIV-Associated Sensory Neuropathy in Indonesians and South Africans.
Gaff J, Octaviana F, Pillay P, Mbenda HGN, Ariyanto IA, Gan JA, Cherry CL, Kamerman P, Laws SM, Price P
Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Jan; 21(2)
- Population-level diagnosis and care cascade for chlamydia in Australia.
Gray RT, Callander D, Hocking JS, McGregor S, McManus H, Dyda A, Moreira C, Braat S, Hengel B, Ward J, Wilson DP, Donovan B, Kaldor JM, Guy RJ
Sex Transm Infect. 2020 Jan; 96(2):131-136
- CD4 T cell metabolism is a major contributor of
HIV infectivity and reservoir persistence.
Taylor HE, Palmer CS
Immunometab. 2020 Jan; 2(1)::e200005
- 'Think Hep B' in primary care: A before-and-after evaluation of a self-guided learning package.
Xiao Y, van Gemert C, Howell J, Adamson E, Towell V, Cowie BC, Thompson AJ, Hellard M
Aust J Gen Pract. 2020 Jan; 49(1-2):66-69
- Structural Insights Into PfARO and Characterization of its Interaction With PfAIP.
Geiger M, Brown C, Wichers JS, Strauss J, Lill A, Thuenauer R, Liffner B, Wilcke L, Lemcke S, Heincke D, Pazicky S, Bachmann A, Löw C, Wilson DW, Filarsky M, Burda PC, Zhang K, Junop M, Gilberger TW
J Mol Biol. 2020 Jan; 432(4):878-896
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C in primary care compared to hospital-based care: a randomised controlled trial in people who inject drugs.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Gane E, Stedman C, Draper B, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Petrie D, Scott N, Higgs P, Agius PA, Roney J, Stothers L, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Patterns of drug, alcohol use and injection equipment sharing among people with recent injecting drug use or receiving opioid agonist treatment during and following hepatitis C virus treatment with direct-acting antiviral therapies.
Artenie AA, Cunningham EB, Dore GJ, Conway B, Dalgard O, Powis J, Bruggmann P, Hellard M, Cooper C, Read P, Feld JJ, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Lacombe K, Stedman C, Litwin AH, Marks P, Matthews GV, Quiene S, Erratt A, Bruneau J, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Family planning and Afghan refugee women and men living in Melbourne, Australia: new opportunities and transcultural tensions.
Russo A, Lewis B, Ali R, Abed A, Russell G, Luchters S
Cult Health Sex. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Plasma levels of the soluble form of the FcgammaRIIa receptor vary with receptor polymorphisms and are elevated in rheumatoid arthritis.
Qiao J, Dunne E, Wines B, Kenny D, McCarthy GM, Hogarth PM, Xu K, Andrews RK, Gardiner EE
Platelets. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- "A spray bottle and a lollipop stick": An examination of policy prohibiting sterile injecting equipment in prison and effects on young men with injecting drug use histories.
Walker S, Seear K, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Male involvement interventions and improved couples' emotional relationships in Tanzania and Zimbabwe: 'When we are walking together, I feel happy'.
Comrie-Thomson L, Mavhu W, Makungu C, Nahar Q, Khan R, Davis J, Stillo E, Hamdani S, Luchters S, Vaughan C
Cult Health Sex. 2020 Jan; 22(6):722-739
- Sex discrepancies in the protective effect of opioid agonist therapy on incident hepatitis C infection.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Wand H, Esmaeili A, Tsui J, Hellard M, Dore G, Grebely J, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Prins M, Morris MD, Shoukry NH, Lloyd AR, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Page K, Maher L; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; 70(1):123-131
- ‘Not my child’: parenting, pornography, and views on education.
Davis AC, Wright C, Curtis M, Hellard ME, Lim MSC, Temple-Smith MJ
J Fam Studies. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Complement in malaria immunity and vaccines.
Kurtovic L, Boyle MJ, Opi DH, Kennedy AT, Tham WH, Reiling L, Chan JA, Beeson JG
Immunol Rev. 2020 Jan; 293(1):38-56
- Moving towards hepatitis C micro-elimination among people living with HIV in Australia: the CEASE study.
Martinello M, Yee J, Bartlett SR, Read P, Baker D, Post JJ, 7, 8, Finlayson R, Bloch M, Doyle J, Shaw D, Hellard M, Petoumenos K, Lin L, Marks P, Applegate T, Dore GJ, Matthews GV; CEASE study team
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The prognostic significance of attenuated psychotic symptoms in help-seeking youth.
Hazan H, Spelman T, Amminger GP, Hickie I, McGorry PD, Phillips LJ, Purcell R, Wood SJ, Yung AR, Nelson B
Schizophr Res. 2020 Jan; 215:277-83
- Successful elevation of circulating acetate and propionate by dietary modulation does not alter T-regulatory cell or cytokine profiles in healthy humans: a pilot study.
Gill PA, van Zelm MC, Ffrench RA, Muir JG, Gibson PR
Eur J Nutr. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Adherence to once-daily and twice-daily direct acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C infection among people with recent injection drug use or current opioid agonist therapy.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Litwin AH, Gane E, Cooper C, Lacombe K, Hellard M, Read P, Powis J, Dalgard O, Bruneau J, Matthews GV, Feld JJ, Dillon JF, Shaw D, Bruggmann P, Conway B, Fraser C, Marks P, Dore GJ, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Hepatitis C virus testing, liver disease assessment and treatment uptake among people who inject drugs pre- and post-universal access to direct-acting antiviral treatment in Australia: The LiveRLife study.
Bajis S, Grebely J, Hajarizadeh B, Applegate T, Marshall AD, Harrod ME, Byrne J, Bath N, Read P, Edwards M, Gorton C, Hayllar J, Cock V, Peterson S, Thomson C, Weltman M, Jefferies M, Wood W, Haber P, Ezard N, Martinello M, Maher L, Dore GJ; LiveRLife Study Group.
J Viral Hepat. 2020 Jan; 27(3):281-293
- The Elimination of Hepatitis C as a Public Health Threat.
Hellard M, Schroeder SE, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Aitken C
Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2020 Jan; 10(4):a036939
- Treading lightly: Finding the best way to use public health surveillance of hepatitis C diagnoses to increase access to cure.
Stoové M, Wallace J, Higgs P, Pedrana A, Goutzamanis S, Latham N, Scott N, Treloar C, Crawford S, Doyle J, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 75:102596
- Adolescent tuberculosis.
Snow KJ, Cruz AT, Seddon JA, Ferrand RA, Chiang SS, Hughes JA, Kampmann B, Graham SM, Dood PJ, Houben RM, Denholm JT, Sawyer SM, Kranzer K
Lancet Child Adolesc Health. 2020 Jan; 4(1):68-79
- Designing, implementing and evaluating the overdose response with take-home naloxone model of care: An evaluation of client outcomes and perspectives.
Lintzeris N, Monds LA, Bravo M, Read P, Harrod ME, Gilliver R, Wood W, Nielsen S, Dietze PM, Lenton S, Shanahan M, Jauncey M, Jefferies M, Hazelwood S, Dunlop AJ, Greenaway M, Haber P, Ezard N, Malcom A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Jan; 39(1):55-65
- B cell immunodominance in primary hepatitis C virus infection.
Brasher NA, Eltahla AA, Underwood A, Boo I, Rizzetto S, Walker M, Rodrigo C, Luciani F, Maher L, Drummer HE, Tedla N, Lloyd AR, Bull RA
J Hepatol. 2020 Jan; 72(4):670-679
- Directly observed hepatitis C treatment with opioid substitution therapy in community pharmacies: A qualitative study.
Gunn J, Higgs P
Res Social Adm Pharm. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Why is adolescent drinking declining? A systematic review and narrative synthesis.
Vashishtha R, Livingston M, Pennay A, Dietze P, MacLean S, Holmes J, Herring R, Caluzzi G, Lubman D,
Addiction Res Theor. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- "They just don't care about us!": Police custody experiences for young men with histories of injecting drug use
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Aust NZ J Criminol. 2020 Jan; 53(1):102-120
- Use of alcohol swabs to clean injecting sites among people who regularly inject drugs in Australia.
Gibbs D, Peacock A, O'Keefe D, Butler K, Bruno R, Lenton S, Burns L, Larney S.
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Jan; 39(1):83-92
- A descriptive analysis of young women.
Davis AC, Temple-Smith MJ, Carrotte E, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Jan; 17:69-76
- Eclampsia in Australia and New Zealand: A prospective population-based study.
Pollock W, Peek MJ, Wang A, Li Z, Ellwood D, Homer CSE, Jackson Pulver L, McLintock C, Vaughan G, Knight M, Sullivan EA
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Commentary on Arunogiri et al. (2019): Findings from surveillance of patterns of drug use and related harms need careful interpretation, promotion and response.
Dietze P, Horyniak D
Addiction. 2020 Jan; 115(3):480-481
- Maintaining the healthy body: Blood management and hepatitis C prevention among men who inject performance and image-enhancing drugs.
Fomiatti R, Lenton E, Latham JR, Fraser S, Moore D, Seear K, Aitken C
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 75:102592
- Perceptions of extended-release buprenorphine injections for opioid use disorder among people who regularly use opioids in Australia.
Larance B, Degenhardt L, Grebely J, Nielsen S, Bruno R, Dietze P, Lancaster K, Larney S, Santo T Jr, Shanahan M, Memedovic S, Ali R, Farrell M
Addiction. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Standardised shorter regimens versus individualised longer regimens for multidrug-resistant TB.
Abidi S, Achar J, Neino MMA, Bang D, Benedetti A, Brode S, Campbell JR, Casas E, Conradie F, Dravniece G, du Cros P, Falzon D, Jaramillo E, Kuaban C, Lan Z, Lange C, Li PZ, Makhmudova M, Maug AKJ, Menzies D, Migliori GB, Miller A, Myrzaliev B, Ndjeka N, Noeske J, Parpieva N, Piubello A, Schwoebel V, Sikhondze W, Singla R, Souleymane MB, Trébucq A, Van Deun A, Viney K, Weyer K, Zhang BJ, Khan FA
Eur Respir J. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Cohort Profile: The Kaloleni/Rabai Community Health and Demographic Surveillance System.
Ngugi AK, Odhiambo R, Agoi F, Lakhani A, Orwa J, Obure J, Mang'ong'o D, Luchters S, Munywoki C, Omar A, Temmerman M
Int J Epidemiol. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Commentary on Barre et al. (2019): Identifying remaining barriers to hepatitis C treatment in the DAA era.
Sacks-Davis R, van Santen DK, DoyleJS
Addiction. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Response to Kwon et al. "Estimating the number of people who inject drugs and syringe coverage in Australia, 2005-2016".
O'Keefe D, Aitken C, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2020 Jan; 207:107800
- Eliminate HIV (14)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (22)
- Eliminate Malaria (10)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (77)
- Disease Elimination (101)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (64)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Health Security (47)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- HIV and AIDS (16)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (4)
- Maternal and Child Health (22)
- Malaria (11)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (6)
- Hepatitis B (4)
- Hepatitis C (21)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (16)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (4)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Young People's Health (14)
- Justice Health (1)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (8)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (1)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (1)
- Global Adolescent Health (3)
- Antimicrobial resistance (2)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (10)