There is a quick, simple test to detect malaria, but the poorest and most vulnerable are often missing out.
June, 2017 (4)
- Improvements in Spectrum's fit to program data tool.
Mahiane SG, Marsh K, Grantham K, Crichlow S, Caceres K, Stover J
AIDS. 2017 Jun; 31(Suppl 1):S23-S30
- Post-treatment control in an adult with perinatally acquired HIV following cessation of antiretroviral therapy.
McMahon JH, Chang J, Tennakoon S, Dantanarayana A, Solomon A, Cherry C, Doherty R, Cameron P, Lewin SR
AIDS. 2017 Jun; 31(9):1344-1346
- Dropout in clinical trials of pharmacological treatment for methamphetamine dependence: the role of initial abstinence.
Cook R, Quinn B, Heinzerling K, Shoptaw S
Addiction. 2017 Jun; 112(6):1077-1085
- Antibody recognition of aberrant glycosylation on the surface of cancer cells.
Soliman C, Yuriev E, Ramsland PA
Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2017 Jun; 44:1-8
May, 2017 (12)
- Anorectal swabs as a marker of male-to-male sexual exposure in STI surveillance systems.
Ampt FH, El Hayek C, Agius PA, Bowring AL, Bartnik N, VAN Gemert C, Fairley CK, Chow EPF, Bradshaw CS, Stephens N, Lim MSC, Hellard ME
Epidemiol Infect. 2017 May; Epub ahead of print
- Genie in a blotter: A comparative study of LSD and LSD analogues' effects and user profile.
Coney LD, Maier LJ, Ferris JA, Winstock AR, Barratt MJ
Hum Psychopharmacol. 2017 May; Epub ahead of print
- New psychoactive substances: Purchasing and supply patterns in Australia.
Sutherland R, Bruno R, Peacock A, Dietze P, Breen C, Burns L, Barratt MJ
Hum Psychopharmacol. 2017 May; Epub ahead of print
- Trends in reports of driving following illicit drug consumption among regular drug users in Australia, 2007-2013: Has random roadside drug testing had a deterrent effect?
Horyniak D, Dietze P, Lenton S, Alati R, Bruno R, Matthews A, Breen C, Burns L
Accid Anal Prev. 2017 May; 104:146-155
- Prevention of postpartum haemorrhage by community-based auxiliary midwives in hard-to-reach areas of Myanmar: a qualitative inquiry into acceptability and feasibility of task shifting.
Than KK, Mohamed Y, Oliver V, Myint T, La T, Beeson JG, Luchters S
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017 May; 17(1):146
- Frequent emergency department presentations among people who inject drugs: A record linkage study.
Nambiar D, Stoové M, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 May; 44:115-120
- Mediation of the effect of malaria in pregnancy on stillbirth and neonatal death in an area of low transmission: observational data analysis.
Moore KA, Fowkes FJI, Wiladphaingern J, Wai NS, Paw MK, Pimanpanarak M, Carrara VI, Raksuansak J, Simpson JA, White NJ, Nosten F, McGready R
BMC Med. 2017 May; 15(1):98
- Differences in emergency ambulance demand between older adults living in residential aged care facilities and those living in the community in Melbourne, Australia.
Cantwell K, Morgans A, Smith K, Livingston M, Dietze P
Australas J Ageing. 2017 May; Epub ahead of print
- Biofuel production and its impact on food security in low and middle
income countries: Implications for the post-2015 sustainable development
Renzaho AMN, Jamara JK, Toole M
Renw Sustain Energy Rev. 2017 May; 78:503-516
- Measuring the effectiveness of in-hospital and on-base Prevent Alcohol and Risk-related Trauma in Youth (P.A.R.T.Y.) programs on reducing alcohol related harms in naval trainees: P.A.R.T.Y. Defence study protocol.
Watterson J, Gabbe B, Dietze P, Thompson J, Oborn M, Rosenfeld JV
BMC Public Health. 2017 May; 17(1):380
- First-trimester artemisinin derivatives and quinine treatments and the risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes in Africa and Asia: A meta-analysis of observational studies.
Dellicour S, Sevene E, McGready R, Tinto H, Mosha D, Manyando C, Rulisa S, Desai M, Ouma P, Oneko M, Vala A, Rupérez M, Macete E, Menéndez C, Nakanabo-Diallo S, Kazienga A, Valéa I, Calip G, Augusto O, Genton B, Njunju EM, Moore KA, d'Alessandro U, Nosten F, Ter Kuile F, Stergachis A
PLoS Med. 2017 May; 14(5):e1002290
- Medication adherence, condom use and sexually transmitted infections in Australian PrEP users: interim results from the Victorian PrEP Demonstration Project.
Lal L, Audsley J, Murphy D, Fairley CK, Stoove M, Roth N, Moore R, Tee BK, Puratmaja N, Anderson PL, Leslie D, Grant RM, De Wit J, Wright E; VicPrEP Study Team.
AIDS. 2017 May; Eprint ahead of print
April, 2017 (21)
- Review article: delivering precision oncology in intermediate-stage liver cancer.
Pinato DJ, Howell J, Ramaswami R, Sharma R
Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- New HIV testing technologies in the context of a concentrated epidemic and evolving HIV prevention: qualitative research on HIV self-testing among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Yangon, Myanmar.
Wirtz AL, Clouse E, Veronese V, Thu KH, Naing S, Baral SD, Beyrer C
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Apr; 20:21796
- How much alcohol is consumed outside of the lifetime risk guidelines in Australia?
Callinan S, Livingston M, Room R, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- HIV-1 and SIV Predominantly Use CCR5 Expressed on a Precursor Population to Establish Infection in T Follicular Helper Cells.
Xu Y, Phetsouphanh C, Suzuki K, Aggrawal A, Graff-Dubois S, Roche M, Bailey M, Alcantara S, Cashin K, Sivasubramaniam R, Koelsch KK, Autran B, Harvey R, Gorry PR, Moris A, Cooper DA, Turville S, Kent SJ, Kelleher AD, Zaunders J
Front Immunol. 2017 Apr; 8:376
- The role of lactic acid production by probiotic Lactobacillus species in vaginal health.
Tachedjian G, Aldunate M, Bradshaw CS, Cone RA
Res Microbiol. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Correlates of sexually transmissible infection testing among a sample of at-risk young Australians.
Douglass CH, Vella AM, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Aust J Prim Health. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Immunity as a predictor of anti-malarial treatment failure: a systematic review.
O'Flaherty K, Maguire J, Simpson JA, Fowkes FJI
Malar J. 2017 Apr; 16(1):158
- Vaccine vial monitor availability and use in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review.
Eriksson P, Gessner BD, Jaillard P, Morgan C, Le Gargasson JB
Vaccine. 2017 Apr; 35(17):2155-2161
- Assessing causality in drug policy analyses: How useful are the Bradford Hill criteria in analysing take-home naloxone programs?
Olsen A, McDonald D, Lenton S, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Palliative care in humanitarian crises: always something to offer.
Powell RA, Schwartz L, Nouvet E, Sutton B, Petrova M, Marston J, Munday D, Radbruch L
Lancet. 2017 Apr; 389(10078):1498-1499
- Increased syphilis testing of men who have sex with men: greater detection of asymptomatic early syphilis and relative reduction in secondary syphilis.
Chow EPF, Callander D, Fairley CK, Zhang L, Donovan B, Guy R, Lewis DA, Hellard M, Read P, Ward A, Chen MY; ACCESS collaboration.
Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Longitudinal analysis of change in individual-level needle and syringe coverage amongst a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Scott N, Aitken C, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017 Apr; 176:7-13
- Vaginal lactic acid elicits an anti-inflammatory
response from human cervicovaginal epithelial
cells and inhibits production of pro-inflammatory
mediators associated with HIV acquisition.
Hearps AC, Tyssen D, Srbinovski D, Bayigga L, Diaz DJD, Aldunate M, Cone RA, Gugasyan R, Anderson DJ, Tachedjian G
Mucosal Immunol. 2017 Apr; Eprint ahead of print
- Less frequent CD4 monitoring in virologically suppressed HIV.
McMahon J, Crowe SM
Lancet HIV. 2017 Apr; Eprint ahead of print
- Porphyromonas gingivalis antibody levels and diagnosis of coronary artery disease in HIV-positive individuals.
Berquist VL, Hearps AC, Ford P, Jaworowski A, Leishman SJ, Hoy JF, Trevillyan JM
J Periodontal Res. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Utility of risk-based chlamydia testing in primary care: analysis of retrospective surveillance data among women in Melbourne, Australia.
Wilkinson AL, McNamee K, El-Hayek C, Chow EP, Bradshaw CS, Roth N, Tee BK, Stoové M, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Challenges for achieving safe
and effective radical cure of Plasmodium vivax:
a round table discussion of the APMEN Vivax
Thriemer K, Ley B, Bobogare A, Dysoley L, Alam MS, Pasaribu AP, Sattabongkot J, Jambert E, Domingo GJ, Commons R, Auburn S, Marfurt J, Devine A, Aktaruzzaman MM, Sohel N, Namgay R, Drukpa T, Sharma SN, Sarawati E, Samad I, Theodora M, Nambanya S, Ounekham S, Mudin RN, Da Thakur G, Makita LS, Deray R, Lee SE, Boaz L, Danansuriya MN, Mudiyanselage SD, Chinanonwait N, Kitchakarn S, Nausien J, Naket E, Duc TN, Do Manh H, Hong YS, Cheng Q, Richards JS, Kusriastuti R, Satyagraha A, Noviyanti R, Ding XC, Khan WA, Swe Phru C, Guoding Z, Qi G, Kaneko A, Miotto O, Nguitragool W, Roobsoong W, Battle K, Howes RE, Roca-Feltrer A, Duparc S, Bhowmick IP, Kenangalem E, Bibit JA, Barry A, Sintasath D, Abeyasinghe R, Sibley CH, McCarthy J, von Seidlein L, Baird JK, Price RN
Malar J. 2017 Apr; 16:141
- Defining the next generation of Plasmodium vivax diagnostic tests for control and elimination: Target product profiles.
Ding XC, Ade MP, Baird JK, Cheng Q, Cunningham J, Dhorda M, Drakeley C, Felger I, Gamboa D, Harbers M, Herrera S, Lucchi N, Mayor A, Mueller I, Sattabongkot J, Ratsimbason A, Richards J, Tanner M, González IJ
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017 Apr; 11(4):e0005516
- Dorsal longitudinal foreskin cut is associated with reduced risk of HIV, syphilis and genital herpes in men: a cross-sectional study in Papua New Guinea.
Vallely AJ, MacLaren D, David M, Toliman P, Kelly-Hanku A, Toto B, Tommbe R, Kombati Z, Kaima P, Browne K, Manineng C, Simeon L, Ryan C, Wand H, Hill P, Law G, Siba PM, McBride WJ, Kaldor JM
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Apr; 20(1):21358
- Geographic differences in temporal incidence trends of hepatitis C virus infection among people who inject drugs: The InC3 Collaboration.
Morris MD, Shiboski S, Bruneau J, Hahn JA, Hellard M, Prins M, Cox AL, Dore G, Grebely J, Kim AY, Lauer GM, Lloyd A, Rice T, Shoukry N, Maher L, Page K; International Collaboration of Incident HIV and HCV in Injecting Cohorts (InC3).
Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Apr; 64(7):860-869
- A survey of hepatitis C management by Victorian GPs after PBS-listing of direct-acting antiviral therapy.
Wade A, Draper B, Doyle J, Allard N, Grinzi P, Thompson A, Hellard M
Aust Fam Physician. 2017 Apr; 46(4):235-240
March, 2017 (17)
- "Fitspiration" on Social Media: A Content Analysis of Gendered Images.
Carrotte ER, Prichard I, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2017 Mar; 19(3):e95
- Correlates of alcohol consumption on heavy drinking occasions of young risky drinkers: event versus personal characteristics.
Dietze P, Agius PA, Livingston M, Callinan S, Jenkinson R, Lim MS, Wright CJ, Room R
Addiction. 2017 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Effect of combination antiretroviral therapy on HIV-1-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses in subtype B- and subtype C-infected cohorts.
Madhavi V, Kulkarni A, Shete A, Lee WS, Mclean MR, Kristensen AB, Ghate M, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Kelleher A, Cooper DA, Amin J, Emery S, Thakar M, Kent SJ
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- HIV-specific ADCC - new technologies to study ADCC and importance for the HIV vaccine field.
Wines BD, Billings H, Mclean MR, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
Curr HIV Res. 2017 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- No adverse safety or virological changes two years following vorinostat in HIV-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapy.
Mota TM, Rasmussen TA, Rhodes A, Tennakoon S, Dantanarayana A, Wightman F, Hagenauer M, Roney J, Spelman T, Purcell DF, McMahon J, Hoy JF, Prince HM, Elliott JH, Lewin SR
AIDS. 2017 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Host immunity to Plasmodium falciparum and the assessment of emerging artemisinin resistance in a multinational cohort.
Ataide R, Ashley EA, Powell R, Chan JA, Malloy MJ, O'Flaherty K, Takashima E, Langer C, Tsuboi T, Dondorp AM, Day NP, Dhorda M, Fairhurst RM, Lim P, Amaratunga C, Pukrittayakamee S, Hien TT, Htut Y, Mayxay M, Faiz MA, Beeson JG, Nosten F, Simpson JA, White NJ, Fowkes FJ
PNAS. 2017 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- The cause-specific morbidity and mortality, and referral patterns of all neonates admitted to a tertiary referral hospital in the northern provinces of Vietnam over a one year period.
Miles M, Dung KT, Ha LT, Liem NT, Ha K, Hunt RW, Mulholland K, Morgan C, Russell FM
PLoS One. 2017 Mar; 12(3):e0173407
- Monitoring HIV-associated neurocognitive disorder using screenings: a critical review including guidelines for clinical and research use.
Kamminga J, Lal L, Wright EJ, Bloch M, Brew BJ, Cysique LA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep. 2017 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Shear sensitive nanocapsule drug release for site specific inhibition of occlusive thrombus formation.
Molloy CP, Yao Y, Kammoun H, Bonnard T, Hoefer T, Alt K, Tovar-Lopez F, Rosengarten G, Ramsland PA, van der Meer AD, van den Berg A, Murphy AJ, Hagemeyer CE, Peter K, Westein E
J Thromb Haemost. 2017 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Antibody responses to Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax and prospective risk of Plasmodium spp. infection postpartum.
McLean ARD, Boel M, McGready R, Ataide R, Drew D, Tsuboi T, James G. Beeson JG, Francois Nosten, Julie A. Simpson and Freya J. I. Fowkes
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017 Mar; 96(5):1197-1204
- Plasmodium falciparum parasites deploy RhopH2 into the host erythrocyte to obtain nutrients, grow and replicate.
Counihan N, Chisholm SA, Bullen HE, Srivastava A, Sanders PR, Jonsdottir TK, Weiss GE, Ghosh S, Crabb BS, Creek DJ, Gilson PR, de Koning-Ward TF
eLife. 2017 Mar; 6(pii):e23217
- The risk of global epidemic replacement with drug resistant M. tuberculosis strains.
McBryde ES, Meehan MT, Doan TN, Ragonnet R, Marais BJ, Guernier V, Trauer JM
Int J Infect Dis. 2017 Mar; 56:14-20
- Distinctive expression of Interleukin-23 receptor subunits on human Th17 and gammadelta T cells.
Wines BD, Yap ML, Powell MS, Tan PS, Ko KK, Orlowski E, Hogarth PM
Immunol Cell Biol. 2017 Mar; 95(3):272-279
- Measuring transitions in sexual risk among Men Who Have Sex With Men: The novel use of latent class and latent transition analysis in HIV sentinel surveillance.
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Tee BK, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
Am J Epidemiol. 2017 Mar; 185(8):627-635
- Wilkinson et al. Respond to "Latent Transition Analyses in Clinical Cohorts".
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Tee BK, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
Am J Epidemiol. 2017 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Treatment scale-up to achieve global HCV incidence and mortality elimination targets: a cost-effectiveness model.
Scott N, McBryde ES, Thompson A, Doyle JS, Hellard ME
Gut. 2017 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- The effects of needle-sharing and opioid substitution therapy on incidence of hepatitis C virus infection and reinfection in people who inject drugs.
Aitken CK, Agius PA, Higgs PG, Stoové MA, Bowden DS, Dietze PM
Epidemiol Infect. 2017 Mar; 145(4):796-801
February, 2017 (32)
- The potential benefit of scaling up malaria prevention to reduce low birth weight in Africa.
Beeson JG, Simpson JA
PLoS Med. 2017 Feb; 14(2):e1002244
- Using simulation modelling to examine the impact of venue lockout and last-drink policies on drinking-related harms and costs to licensees.
Scott N, Livingston M, Reporter I, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- A haplotype spanning P2X7R, P2X4R and CAMKK2 may mark susceptibility to pulmonary non-tuberculous mycobacterial disease.
Halstrom S, Cherry CL, Black M, Thomson R, Goullee H, Baltic S, Allcock R, Temple SE, Price P
Immunogenetics. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Integrase-resistant HIV in an antiretroviral-naive patient in Australia.
Rafiei N, Woolley I, Korman TM, Chibo D, Gooey M, McMahon JH
AIDS. 2017 Feb; 31(4):598-600
- The cationic small molecule GW4869 is cytotoxic to high phosphatidylserine-expressing myeloma cells.
Vuckovic S, Vandyke K, Rickards DA, McCauley Winter P, Brown SH, Mitchell TW, Liu J, Lu J, Askenase PW, Yuriev E, Capuano B, Ramsland PA, Hill GR, Zannettino AC, Hutchinson AT
Br J Haematol. 2017 Feb; 177(3):423-440
- Naturally Acquired Binding-Inhibitory Antibodies to Plasmodium vivax Duffy Binding Protein in Pregnant Women Are Associated with Higher Birth Weight in a Multicenter Study.
Requena P, Arévalo-Herrera M, Menegon M, Martínez-Espinosa FE, Padilla N, Bôtto-Menezes C, Malheiro A, Hans D, Castellanos ME, Robinson L, Samol P, Kochar S, Kochar SK, Kochar DK, Desai M, Sanz S, Quintó L, Mayor A, Rogerson S, Mueller I, Severini C, Del Portillo HA, Bardají A, Chitnis CC, Menéndez C, Dobaño C
Front Immunol. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Kazakhstan can achieve ambitious HIV targets despite expected donor withdrawal by combining improved ART procurement mechanisms with allocative and implementation efficiencies.
Shattock AJ, Benedikt C, Bokazhanova A, Đurić P, Petrenko I, Ganina L, Kelly SL, Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Vinichenko T, Zhang S, Hamelmann C, Manova M, Masaki E, Wilson DP, Gray RT
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0169530
- The bacterial peptidoglycan-sensing molecules NOD1 and NOD2 promote CD8+ thymocyte selection.
Martinic MM, Caminschi I, O'Keeffe M, Thinnes TC, Grumont R, Gerondakis S, McKay DB, Nemazee D, Gavin AL
J Immunol. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- The Plasmodium rhoptry associated protein complex is important for parasitophorous vacuole membrane structure and intraerythrocytic parasite growth.
Ghosh S, Kennedy K, Sanders P, Matthews K, Ralph SA, Counihan NA, de Koning-Ward TF
Cell Microbiol. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Integration of the cancer-related inflammatory response as a stratifying biomarker of survival in hepatocellular carcinoma treated with sorafenib.
Howell J, Pinato DJ, Ramaswami R, Arizumi T, Ferrari C, Gibbin A, Burlone ME, Guaschino G, Toniutto P, Black J, Sellers L, Kudo M, Pirisi M, Sharma R
Oncotarget. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Spatial patterns of multidrug resistant tuberculosis and relationships to socio-economic, demographic and household factors in northwest Ethiopia.
Alene KA, Viney K, McBryde ES, Clements AC
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0171800
- Structure and characterisation of a key epitope in the conserved C-terminal domain of the malaria vaccine candidate MSP2.
Seow J, Morales RA, MacRaild CA, Krishnarjuna B, McGowan S, Dingjan T, Jaipuria G, Rouet R, Wilde KL, Atreya HS, Richards JS, Anders RF, Christ D, Drinkwater N, Norton RS
J Mol Biol. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Haemolysis in G6PD heterozygous females treated with primaquine for Plasmodium vivax malaria: A nested cohort in a trial of radical curative regimens.
Chu CS, Bancone G, Moore KA, Win HH, Thitipanawan N, Po C, Chowwiwat N, Raksapraidee R, Wilairisak P, Phyo AP, Keereecharoen L, Proux S, Charunwatthana P, Nosten F, White NJ
PLoS Med. 2017 Feb; 14(2):e1002224
- Motivations for new psychoactive substance use among regular psychostimulant users in Australia.
Sutherland R, Bruno R, Peacock A, Lenton S, Matthews A, Salom C, Dietze P, Butler K, Burns L, Barratt MJ
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Feb; 43:23-32
- Early childhood development: impact of national human development, family poverty, parenting practices and access to early childhood education.
Tran TD, Luchters S, Fisher J
Child Care Health Dev. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Diagnosis and treatment of Listeria monocytogenes endophthalmitis: A systematic review.
Chersich MF, Takkinen J, Charlier C, Leclercq A, Adams PE, Godbole G, Altmeyer U, Friesema IH, Labbé Sandelin L, Jenkin L, Fontana L, Aldigeri R, Venter F, Luchters SM, Lecuit M, Cimino L
Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- High levels of transmitted HIV drug resistance in a study in Papua New Guinea.
Lavu E, Kave E, Mosoro E, Markby J, Aleksic E, Gare J, Elsum IA, Nano G, Kaima P, Dala N, Gurung A, Bertagnolio S, Crowe SM, Myatt M, Hearps AC, Jordan MR
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0170265
- Relapse to opioid use occurs sooner in opioid dependent persons released from compulsory drug detention centres compared to voluntary methadone treatment centres in Malaysia.
Wegman MP, Altice FL, Kaur S, Rajandaran V, Osornprasop S, Wilson D, Wilson DP, Kamarulzaman A
Lancet Glob Health. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Impact of vision impairment and self-reported barriers to vision care: The views of elders in Nuwara Eliya district, Sri Lanka.
Holmes W, Shajehan R, Kitnasamy S, Abeywickrama C, Arsath Y, Gnanaraj F, Inbaraj S, Jayakody G, Durrant K, Luchters S
Glob Public Health. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Differing rates of antibody acquisition to merozoite antigens in malaria: implications for immunity and surveillance.
McCallum FJ, Persson KM, Fowkes FJ, Reiling L, Mugyenyi CK, Richards JS, Simpson JA, Williams TN, Gilson PR, Hodder AN, Sanders PR, Anders RF, Narum DL, Chitnis C, Crabb BS, Marsh K, Beeson JG.
J Leukoc Biol. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Peripheral artery disease: epidemiology and global perspectives.
Fowkes FG, Aboyans V, Fowkes FJ, McDermott MM, Sampson UK, Criqui MH
Nature Reviews Cardiology. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- A critical examination of the definition of 'psychoactive effect' in Australian drug legislation.
Barratt MJ, Seear K, Lancaster K
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Feb; 40:16-25
- Comparing non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis drug regimens for HIV: insights from a linked HIV surveillance system.
Pierce AB, El-Hayek C, McCarthy D, Armishaw J, Watson K, Wilkinson A, Price B, Wright EJ, Hoy JF, Stoové MA
Sex Health. 2017 Feb; 14(2):179-87
- Associations of occupational standing with musculoskeletal symptoms: a systematic review with meta-analysis.
Coenen P, Willenberg L, Parry S, Shi JW, Romero L, Blackwood DM, Maher CG, Healy GN, Dunstan DW, Straker LM
Br J Sports Med. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Targeted direct-acting antiviral treatment for chronic hepatitis C: a financial reality or an obstacle to elimination?
Hellard M, Pedrana A, Scott N
J Hepatol. 2017 Feb; 66(2):270-272
- Plasmodium vivax vaccine research - we've only just begun.
Tham WH, Beeson JG, Rayner JC
Int J Parsitol. 2017 Feb; 47(2-3):111-118
- An optimized hepatitis C virus E2 glycoprotein core adopts a functional homodimer that efficiently blocks virus entry.
McCaffrey K, Boo I, Owczarek CM, Hardy MP, Perugini MA, Fabri L, Scotney P, Poumbourios P, Drummer HE
J Virol. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- HCV reinfection incidence among individuals treated for recent infection.
Martinello M, Grebely J, Petoumenos K, Gane E, Hellard M, Shaw D, Sasadeusz J, Applegate TL, Dore GJ, Matthews GV
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors reduce HIV-1 virus production from latently infected resting CD4+ T cells following latency reversal.
Zerbato JM, Tachedjian G, Sluis-Cremer N
Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Host cell remodeling in malaria parasites: a new pool of potential drug targets.
Gilson PR, Chisholm SA, Crabb BS, de Koning-Ward TF
Int J Parasitol. 2017 Feb; 47(2-3):119-127
- The effect of common anticoagulants in detection and quantification of malaria parasitemia in human red blood cells by ATR-FTIR spectroscopy.
Martin M, Perez-Guaita D, Andrew DW, Richards JS, Wood BR, Heraud P
Analyst. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Effectiveness of an integrated community- and clinic-based intervention on HIV testing, HIV knowledge, and sexual risk behavior of young men who have sex with men in Myanmar.
Aung PP, Ryan C, Bajracharya A, Pasricha N, Thein ZW, Agius PA, Sein TT, Willenberg L, Soe EM, Zaw NT, Tun W, Yam E, Luchters S
J Adolesc Health. 2017 Feb; 60(2S2):S45-S53
January, 2017 (32)
- The role of respect in interactions with police among substance-using African refugee young people in Melbourne, Australia
Horyniak D, Higgs P, Cogger S, Dietze P
J Ethn Crim Just. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A comparison of three quantitative methods to estimate G6PD activity in the Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh.
Ley B, Alam MS, O'Donnell JJ, Hossain MS, Kibria MG, Jahan N, Khan WA, Thriemer K, Chatfield MD, Price RN, Richards JS
PLoS One. 2017 Jan; 12(1):e0169930
- Feasibility of antiretroviral treatment monitoring in the era of decentralized HIV care: a systematic review.
Pham MD, Romero L, Parnell B, Anderson DA, Crowe SM, Luchters S
AIDS Res Ther19. 2017 Jan; 14(1):3
- On-target sorafenib toxicity predicts improved survival in hepatocellular carcinoma: a multi-centre, prospective study.
Howell J, Pinato DJ, Ramaswami R, Bettinger D, Arizumi T, Ferrari C, Yen C, Gibbin A, Burlone ME, Guaschino G, Sellers L, Black J, Pirisi M, Kudo M, Thimme R, Park JW, Sharma R
Alimentary Pharmacology and therapeutics. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Optimization of 2-anilino 4-amino substituted quinazolines into potent antimalarial agents with oral in vivo activity.
Gilson PR, Tan C, Jarman KE, Lowes KN, Curtis JM, Nguyen W, Di Rago AE, Bullen HE, Prinz B, Duffy S, Baell JB, Hutton CA, Jousset Sabroux H, Crabb BS, Avery VM, Cowman AF, Sleebs BE
J Med Chem. 2017 Jan; 60(3):1171-1188
- High rates of multidrug-resistant and rifampicin-resistant tuberculosis among re-treatment cases: where do they come from?
Ragonnet R, Trauer JM, Denholm JT, Marais BJ, McBryde ES
BMC Infect Dis. 2017 Jan; 17(1):36
- Limited naturally occurring escape in broadly neutralizing antibody epitopes in hepatitis C glycoprotein E2 and constrained sequence usage in acute infection.
Rodrigo C, Walker MR, Leung P, Eltahla AA, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Dwivedi S, Bruneau J, Morris MD, Cox AL, Osburn W, Kim AY, Schinkel J, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Hellard M, Prins M, Luciani F, Lloyd AR, Bull RA; InC3 Study Group
Infect Genet Evol. 2017 Jan; 49:88-96
- Inhibition of placental mTOR signaling provides a link between placental malaria and reduced birthweight.
Dimasuay KG, Aitken EH, Rosario F, Njie M, Glazier J, Rogerson SJ, Fowkes FJ, Beeson JG, Powell T, Jansson T, Boeuf P
BMC Med. 2017 Jan; 15(1):1
- Investigating Differences Between Drugs Used in the Australian Night-Time Economy: Demographics, Substance Use, and Harm.
Pennay A, Jenkinson R, Quinn B, Droste NT, Peacock A, Lubman DI, Miller PG
Subst Use Misuse. 2017 Jan; 52(1):71-81
- Limited provision of diagnostic services to Victorians living with hepatitis C antibodies, 2001-2012: a multi-level modelling analysis.
Snow K, Scott N, Clothier HJ, MacLachlan JH, Cowie B
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A cross-sectional study of HIV and STIs among male sex workers attending Australian sexual health clinics.
Callander D, Read P, Prestage G, Minichiello V, Chow EP, Lewis DA, McNulty A, Ali H, Hellard M, Guy R, Donovan B
Sex Transm Infect. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Is IPT more effective in high-burden settings? Modelling the effect of tuberculosis incidence on IPT impact.
Ragonnet R, Trauer JM, McBryde ES, Houben RM, Denholm JT, Handel A, Sumner T
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2017 Jan; 21(1):60-66
- Analysis of resistance-associated substitutions in acute hepatitis C virus infection by deep sequencing across six genotypes and three continents.
Eltahla AA, Rodrigo C, Betz-Stablein B, Grebely J, Applegate T, Luciani F, Schinkel J, Dore GJ, Page K, Bruneau J, Morris MD, Cox AL, Kim AY, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Hellard M, Prins M, Lloyd AR, Bull RA; InC3 Study Group.
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jan; 24(1):37-42
- Multidetector (64+) Computed Tomography Angiography of the Lower Limb in Symptomatic Peripheral Arterial Disease: Assessment of Image Quality and Accuracy in a Tertiary Care Setting.
Lim JC, Ranatunga D, Owen A, Spelman T, Galea M, Chuen J, Lim RP
J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Relationships Between Integration and Drug Use Among Deported Migrants in Tijuana, Mexico.
Horyniak D, Pinedo M, Burgos JL, Ojeda VD.
J Immigr Minor Health. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- "We Might Get Some Free Beers": Experience and Motivation for Transactional Sex Among Behaviorally Bisexual Men in Vientiane, Laos.
Bowring AL, Pasomsouk N, Hughes C, van Gemert C, Higgs P, Sychareun V, Hellard M, Power R
Arch Sex Behav. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Findings and lessons learnt from implementing Australia's first health service based take-home naloxone program.
Chronister KJ, Lintzeris N, Jackson A, Ivan M, Dietze P, Lenton S, Kearley J, van Beek I
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Phylogenetic analysis of full-length, early infection, hepatitis C virus genomes among people with intravenous drug use: the InC3 Study.
Rodrigo C, Eltahla AA, Bull RA, Luciani F, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Bruneau J, Morris MD, Cox AL, Osburn W, Kim AY, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Schinkel J, Prins M, Hellard M, Lloyd AR; InC3 Collaborative
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jan; 24(1):43-52
- Increased glucose transporter-1 EXPRESSION on intermediate monocytes from HIV-infected women with subclinical cardiovascular disease.
Butterfield TR, Hanna DB, Kaplan RC, Kizer JR, Durkin HG, Young MA, Nowicki MJ, Tien PC, Golub ET, Floris-Moore MA, Titanji K, Fischl MA, Heath SL, Martinson J, Crowe SM, Palmer CS, Landay AL, Anzinger JJ
AIDS. 2017 Jan; 31(2):199-205
- HIV-1 Pr55Gag binds genomic and spliced RNAs with different affinity and stoichiometry.
Bernacchi S, Abd El-Wahab EW, Dubois N, Hijnen M, Smyth RP, Mak J, Marquet R, Paillart JC
RNA Biol. 2017 Jan; 14(1):90-103
- Decreased levels of platelet-derived soluble glycoprotein VI detected prior to the first diagnosis of coronary artery disease in HIV-positive individuals.
Trevillyan JM, Gardiner EE, Andrews RK, Maisa A, Hearps AC, Al-Tamimi M, Crowe SM, Hoy JF
Platelets. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A molecular transmission network of recent hepatitis C infection in people with and without HIV: Implications for targeted treatment strategies.
Bartlett SR, Wertheim JO, Bull RA, Matthews GV, Lamoury FM, Scheffler K, Hellard M, Maher L, Dore GJ, Lloyd AR, Applegate TL, Grebely J
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Prevalence and risk factors of Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Trichomonas vaginalis and other sexually transmissible infections among women attending antenatal clinics in three provinces in Papua New Guinea: a cross-sectional survey.
Vallely LM, Toliman P, Ryan C, Rai G, Wapling J, Tomado C, Huliafi S, Munnull G, Rarau P, Phuanukoonnon S, Wand H, Siba P, Mola GD, Kaldor JM, Vallely AJ
Sex Health. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The core domain of hepatitis C virus glycoprotein E2 generates potent cross-neutralizing antibodies.
Vietheer P, Boo I, Gu J, McCaffrey K, Edwards S, Owczarek C, Hardy MP, Fabri L, Center RJ, Poumbourios P, Drummer HE
Hepatol. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Beliefs in antiretroviral treatment and self-efficacy in HIV management are associated with distinctive HIV treatment trajectories.
Mao L, de Wit J, Adam P, Post JJ, Slavin S, Cogle A, Wright E, Kidd M
AIDS Behav. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Treatment outcomes in patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Northwest Ethiopia.
Alene KA, Viney K, McBryde ES, Tesfahun A, Clements AC
Trop Med Int Health. 2017 Jan; 22(3):351-362
- Antibody-mediated targeting of antigen to C-type lectin-like receptors Clec9A and Clec12A elicits different vaccination outcomes.
Macri C, Dumont C, Panozza S, Lahoud MH, Caminschi I, Villadangos JA, Johnston AP, Mintern JD
Mol Immunol. 2017 Jan; 81:143-150
- CD14 is not involved in the uptake of synthetic CpG oligonucleotides.
Li J, Ahmet F, O'Keeffe M, Lahoud MH, Heath WR, Caminschi I
Mol Immunol. 2017 Jan; 81:52-58
- The management of infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis in young children post-2015: an opportunity to close the policy-practice gap.
Expert Rev Respir Med. 2017 Jan; 11(1):41-49
- The clinical role of circulating free tumor DNA in gastrointestinal malignancy.
Howell JA, Khan SA, Knapp S, Thursz MR, Sharma R
Transl Res. 2017 Jan; 183:137-154
- Commentary on Vrolijk et al. (2017): The paradox of the quality control problem.
Barratt MJ, Ritter A
Addiction. 2017 Jan; 112(1):101-102
- Recent insights into humoral immunity targeting Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax malaria.
Boyle MJ, Reiling L, Osier FH, Fowkes FJ
Int J Parasitol. 2017 Jan; 47(2-3):99-104
- HIV and AIDS
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Maternal and Child Health
- Immune Disease and Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Injecting Drug Use
- Healthy Ageing
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Young People's Health
- Justice Health
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance
- Influenza and Emerging Infectious Diseases