Dr Jack Richards and his team are working hard to develop a diagnostic test that will enable effective treatment and eradication of malaria.
April, 2018 (10)
- Aiming for elimination: outcomes of a consultation pathway supporting regional general practitioners to prescribe direct acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C.
Wade AJ, McCormack A, Roder C, McDonald K, Davies M, Scott N, Wardrop M, Athan E, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- The malaria PTEX component PTEX88 interacts most closely with HSP101 at the host-parasite interface.
Chisholm SA, Kalanon M, Nebl T, Sanders PR, Matthews KM, Dickerman BK, Gilson PR, de Koning-Ward TF
FEBS J. 2018 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Methamphetamine-type stimulant use in Lao PDR: qualitative findings from users aged 15-25 years in Vientiane Capital and Vientiane Province.
Sychareun V, Santavasy B, Chanlivong N, Fischer A, Thomson N, Power R, Durham J
Harm Reduct J. 2018 Apr; 15(1):17
- Experiences of liver health related uncertainty and self-reported stress among people who inject drugs living with hepatitis C virus: a qualitative study.
Goutzamanis S, Doyle JS, Thompson A, Dietze P, Hellard M, Higgs P; TAP study group.
BMC Infect Dis. 2018 Apr; 18(1):151
- Hepatitis C Patients Receiving Opioid Substitution Therapy Experience Improvement in Patient-Reported Outcomes Following Treatment with Interferon-Free Regimens.
Stepanova M, Thompson A, Doyle J, Younossi I, de Avila L, Younossi ZM
J Infect Dis. 2018 Apr; 217(17):1033-1043
- Which attributes within target product profiles for tuberculosis diagnostics are the most important to focus on?
Adepoyibi T, Lilis L, Greb H, Boyle D
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2018 Apr; 22(4):425-428
- Global developments in HIV neurology.
Wright EJ, Thakur KT, Bearden D, Birbeck GL
Handb Clin Neurol. 2018 Apr; 152:265-287
- Undiagnosed HIV infections among gay and bisexual men increasingly contribute to new infections in Australia.
Gray RT, Wilson DP, Guy RJ, Stoové M, Hellard ME, Prestage GP, Lea T, de Wit J, Holt M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25104
- Linkage and retention in HCV care for HIV-infected populations: early data from the DAA era.
Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Rauch A, Beguelin C, Pedrana AE, Matthews GV, Prins M, van der Valk M, Klein MB, Saeed S, Lacombe K, Chkhartishvili N, Altice FL, Hellard ME
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21 Suppl 2:e25051
- How should HIV resources be allocated? Lessons learnt from applying Optima HIV in 23 countries.
Stuart RM, Grobicki L, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Panovska-Griffiths J, Skordis J, Keiser O, Estill J, Baranczuk Z, Kelly SL, Reporter I, Kedziora DJ, Shattock AJ, Petravic J, Hussain SA, Grantham KL, Gray RT, Yap XF, Martin-Hughes R, Benedikt CJ, Fraser-Hurt N, Masaki E, Wilson DJ, Gorgens M, Mziray E, Cheikh N, Shubber Z, Kerr CC, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25097
March, 2018 (21)
- Do people with intersecting identities report more high-risk alcohol use and lifetime substance use?
Demant D, Oviedo-Trespalacios O, Carroll JA, Ferris JA, Maier L, Barratt MJ, Winstock AR
Int J Public Health. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Differential evolution of antiretroviral restriction factors in pteropid bats as revealed by APOBEC3 gene complexity.
Hayward JA, Tachedjian M, Cui J, Cheng AZ, Johnson A, Baker M, Harris RS, Wang LF, Tachedjian G
Mol Biol Evol. 2018 Mar
- Human papilloma virus correlates of high grade cervical dysplasia in HIV-infected women in Mombasa, Kenya: a cross-sectional analysis.
Menon S, Luchters S, Rossi R, Callens S, Kishor M, Bogers J, Vanden Broeck D
Virol J. 2018 Mar; 15(1):54
- Broad activity of diphenyleneiodonium analogues against Mycobacterium tuberculosis, malaria parasites and bacterial pathogens.
Nguyen N, Wilson DW, Nagalingam G, Triccas JA, Schneider EK, Li J, Velkov T, Baell J
Eur J Med Chem. 2018 Mar; 148:507-518
- Human immunization with a polymorphic malaria vaccine candidate induced antibodies to conserved epitopes that promote functional antibodies to multiple parasite strains.
Feng G, Boyle MJ, Cross N, Chan JA, Reiling L, Osier F, Stanisic D, Mueller I, Anders RF, McCarthy JS, Richards JS, Beeson JG
J Infect Dis. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Increasing amphetamine use and forensic involvement among clients of three residential Indigenous alcohol and other drug services in Victoria, Australia.
Goutzamanis S, Higgs P, Richardson M, MacLean S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Comfort Relying on HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis and Treatment as Prevention for Condomless Sex: Results of an Online Survey of Australian Gay and Bisexual Men.
Holt M, Draper BL, Pedrana AE, Wilkinson AL, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Optima Nutrition: an allocative efficiency tool to reduce childhood stunting by better targeting of nutrition-related interventions.
Pearson R, Killedar M, Petravic J, Kakietek JJ, Scott N, Grantham KL, Stuart RM, Kedziora DJ, Kerr CC, Skordis-Worrall J, Shekhar M, Wilson DP
BMC Public Health. 2018 Mar; 18(1):384
- Loss of NF-kappaB1 Causes Gastric Cancer with Aberrant Inflammation and Expression of Immune Checkpoint Regulators in a STAT-1-Dependent Manner.
O'Reilly LA, Putoczki TL, Mielke LA, Low JT, Lin A, Preaudet A, Herold MJ, Yaprianto K, Tai L, Kueh A, Pacini G, Ferrero RL, Gugasyan R, Hu Y, Christie M, Wilcox S, Grumont R, Griffin MDW, O'Connor L, Smyth GK, Ernst M, Waring P, Gerondakis S, Strasser A
Immunity. 2018 Mar; 48(3):570-583
- Optimization by Adaptive Stochastic Descent.
Kerr CC, Dura-Bernal S, Smolinski TG, Chadderdon GL, Wilson DP
PLoS One. 2018 Mar; 13(3):e0192944
- Proteome-wide mapping of immune features onto Plasmodium protein three-dimensional structures.
Guy AJ, Irani V, Beeson JG, Webb B, Sali A, Richards JS, Ramsland PA
Sci Rep. 2018 Mar; 8(1):4355
- The global Optima HIV allocative efficiency model: targeting resources in efforts to end AIDS.
Kelly SL, Martin-Hughes R, Stuart RM, Yap XF, Kedziora DJ, Grantham KL, Hussain SA, Reporter I, Shattock AJ, Grobicki L, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Skordis-Worrall J, Baranczuk Z, Keiser O, Estill J, Petravic J, Gray RT, Benedikt CJ, Fraser N, Gorgens M, Wilson D, Kerr CC, Wilson DP
Lancet HIV. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Combating low birth weight due to malaria infection in pregnancy.
Beeson JG, Scoullar MJL, Boeuf P
Sci Transl Med. 2018 Mar; 10(431):eaat1506
- Treatment as Prevention for Hepatitis C (TraP Hep C) - a nationwide elimination programme in Iceland using direct-acting antiviral agents.
Olafsson S, Tyrfingsson T, Runarsdottir V, Bergmann OM, Hansdottir I, Björnsson ES, Johannsson B, Sigurdardottir B, Fridriksdottir RH, Löve A, Hellard M, Löve TJ, Gudnason T, Heimisdottir M, Gottfredsson M
J Intern Med. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Comparing Australian gay and bisexual men with undiagnosed and recently diagnosed HIV infection to those in the National HIV Registry.
Down I, Prestage G, Brown G, Ellard J, Guy R, Hellard M, Wilson D, de Wit J, Stoové M, Holt M
Sex Health. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Effects of Pre-exposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV Infection on Sexual Risk Behavior in Men Who Have Sex with Men: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Traeger MW, Schroeder SE, Wright EJ, Hellard ME, Cornelisse VJ, Doyle JS, Stoové MA
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- The impact of OxyContin reformulation at the Sydney Medically Supervised Injecting Centre: Pros and cons.
Jauncey M, Livingston M, Salmon AM, Dietze P.
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Mar; 53:17-22
- Rising Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea Incidence and Associated Risk Factors Among Female Sex Workers in Australia: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
Callander D, McManus H, Guy R, Hellard M, O'Connor CC, Fairley CK, Chow EPF, McNulty A, Lewis DA, Carmody C, Schmidt HA, Kim J, Donovan B
Sex Transm Dis. 2018 Mar; 45(3):199-206
- Distinct functions for the membrane proximal ectodomain region (MPER) of HIV-1 gp41 in cell-free and cell-cell viral transmission and cell-cell fusion.
Narasimhulu VGS, Bellamy-McIntyre AK, Laumaea AE, Lay CS, Harrison DN, King HAD, Drummer HE, Poumbourios P
J Biol Chem. 2018 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- A tale of two countries: progress towards UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets in Botswana and Australia.
Marukutira T, Stoové M, Lockman S, Mills LA, Gaolathe T, Lebelonyane R, Jarvis JN, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Luchters S, Crowe SM, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Mar; 21(3):e25090
- Beliefs in antiretroviral treatment and self-efficacy in HIV management are associated with distinctive HIV treatment trajectories.
Mao L, de Wit J, Adam P, Post JJ, Slavin S, Cogle A, Wright E, Kidd M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Mar; 22(3):887-895
February, 2018 (35)
- Antibody Responses to a Quadrivalent Hepatitis C Viral-Like Particle Vaccine Adjuvanted with Toll-Like Receptor 2 Agonists.
Christiansen D, Earnest-Silveira L, Chua B, Boo I, Drummer HE, Grubor-Bauk B, Gowans EJ, Jackson DC, Torresi J
Viral Immunol. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Self-adjuvanting nanoemulsion targeting dendritic cell receptor Clec9A enables antigen-specific immunotherapy.
Zeng B, Middelberg AP, Gemiarto A, MacDonald K, Baxter AG, Talekar M, Moi D, Tullett KM, Caminschi I, Lahoud MH, Mazzieri R, Dolcetti R, Thomas R
J Clin Invest. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- The cell surface phenotype of human dendritic cells.
Clark GJ, Silveira PA, Hogarth PM, Hart DNJ
Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Are people who inject drugs frequent users of emergency department services? A cohort study (2008-2013).
Nambiar D, Spelman T, Stoové M, Dietze P
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Feb; 53(3):457-465
- Does training people to administer take-home naloxone increase their knowledge? Evidence from Australian programs.
Dietze PM, Draper B, Olsen A, Chronister KJ, van Beek I, Lintzeris N, Dwyer R, Nelson M, Lenton S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Escape of Hepatitis C virus from epitope I neutralization increases sensitivity of other neutralization epitopes.
Gu J, Hardy J, Boo I, Vietheer P, McCaffrey K, Alhammad Y, Chopra A, Gaudieri S, Poumbourios P, Coulibaly F, Drummer HE
J Virol. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Adolescence and the next generation.
Patton GC, Olsson CA, Skirbekk V, Saffery R, Wlodek ME, Azzopardi PS, Stonawski M, Rasmussen B, Spry E, Francis K, Bhutta ZA, Kassebaum NJ, Mokdad AH, Murray CJL, Prentice AM, Reavley N, Sheehan P, Sweeny K, Viner RM, Sawyer SM
Nature. 2018 Feb; 554(7693):458-466
- Evaluation of a tuberculosis active case finding project in peri-urban areas, Myanmar: 2014-2016.
Aye S, Majumdar SS, Oo MM, Tripathy JP, Satyanarayana S, Kyaw NTT, Kyaw KWY, Oo NL, Thein S, Thu MK, Soe KT, Aung ST
Int J Infect Dis. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Predictors of injecting cessation among a cohort of people who inject drugs in Tijuana, Mexico.
Horyniak D, Strathdee SA, West BS, Meacham M, Rangel G, Gaines TL
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2018 Feb; 185:298-304
- Structural basis for antibody targeting of the broadly expressed microbial polysaccharide poly-N-acetyl glucosamine.
Soliman C, Walduck AK, Yuriev E, Richards JS, Cywes-Bentley C, Pier GB, Ramsland PA
J Biol Chem. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- A portable microfluidic Aptamer-Tethered Enzyme Capture (APTEC) biosensor for malaria diagnosis.
Fraser LA, Kinghorn AB, Dirkzwager RM, Liang S, Cheung YW, Lim B, Shiu SC, Tang MSL, Andrew D, Manitta J, Richards JS, Tanner JA
Biosensors and Bioelectronics. 2018 Feb; 100:591-596
- Identification of Native and Post-Translationally Modified HLA-B*57:01-Restricted HIV Envelope Derived Epitopes Using Immunoproteomics.
Ramarathinam SH, Gras S, Alcantara S, Yeung AWS, Mifsud NA, Sonza S, Illing PT, Glaros EN, Center RJ, Thomas S, Kent SJ, Ternette N, Purcell DFJ, Rossjohn J, Purcell AW
Proteomics. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Risk of unplanned caesarean birth in Vietnamese-born women in Victoria, Australia: A cross-sectional study.
Agius PA, Davey MA, Small R
Women Birth. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Acceptability of Peer-Delivered HIV Testing and Counselling Among Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM) and Transgender Women (TW) in Myanmar.
Veronese V, Oo ZM, Thein ZW, Aung PP, Draper BL, Hughes C, Ryan C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- No Neurocognitive Advantage for Immediate Antiretroviral Treatment in adults with greater than 500 CD4+ T Cell Counts.
Wright EJ, Grund B, Robertson KR, Cysique L, Brew BJ, Collins GL, Poehlman-Roediger M, Vjecha M, Penalva de Oliveira A, Standridge B, Carey C, Avihingsanon A, Florence E, Lundgren JD, Arenas-Pinto A, Mueller NJ, Winston A, Nsubuga MS, Lal L, Price RW; INSIGHT START Neurology Substudy Group
AIDS. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Effect of nutrient supplementation on the acquisition of humoral immunity to Plasmodium falciparum in young Malawian children.
Barua P, Chandrasiri UP, Beeson JG, Dewey KG, Maleta K, Ashorn P, Rogerson SJ
Malar J. 2018 Feb; 17(1):74
- The implausible "in vivo" role of hydrogen peroxide as an antimicrobial factor produced by vaginal microbiota.
Tachedjian G, O'Hanlon DE, Ravel J
Microbiome. 2018 Feb; 6(1):29
- Establishment of a yeast-based VLP platform for antigen presentation.
Wetzel D, Rolf T, Suckow M, Kranz A, Barbian A, Chan JA, Leitsch J, Weniger M, Jenzelewski V, Kouskousis B, Palmer C, Beeson JG, Schembecker G, Merz J, Piontek M
Microb Cell Fact. 2018 Feb; 17(1):17
- Implications of survey labels and categorisations for understanding drug use in the context of sex among gay and bisexual men in Melbourne, Australia.
Ryan KE, Wilkinson AL, Pedrana A, Quinn B, Dietze P, Hellard M, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- People Born In Non-Main English Speaking Countries Are Less Likely To Start Hiv Treatment Early In Australia: A National Cohort Analysis, 2014-15.
Gunaratnam P, McManus H, Watchirs-Smith L, McGregor S, Callander D, Brown G, Lobo R, O'Connor CC, Hellard M, Medland N, Lewis D, Palmer C, Law M, Gray R, Donovan B, Guy R; ACCESS Steering Committee
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2018 Feb; 77(3):e31-e34
- Functional conservation of the AMA1 host-cell invasion ligand between P. falciparum and P. vivax: a novel platform to accelerate vaccine and drug development.
Drew DR, Sanders PR, Weiss G, Gilson PR, Crabb BS, Beeson JG
J Infect Dis. 2018 Feb; 217(3):498-507
- Impact of vision impairment and self-reported barriers to vision care: The views of elders in Nuwara Eliya district, Sri Lanka.
Holmes W, Shajehan R, Kitnasamy S, Abeywickrama C, Arsath Y, Gnanaraj F, Inbaraj S, Jayakody G, Durrant K, Luchters S
Glob Public Health. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Achieving hepatitis C elimination in Europe - to treatment scale up and beyond.
Hellard M, Scott N, Sacks Davis R, Pedrana A
J Hepatol. 2018 Feb; 68(3):383-385
- Ex vivo expression of chemokine receptors on cells surrounding cutaneous nerves in patients with HIV-associated sensory neuropathy.
Mountford J, Octaviana F, Estiasari R, Setiawan DD, Ariyanto I, Lee S, Gaff J, Chew C, Jackaman C, Kamerman P, Cherry C, Price P
AIDS. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Modelling the elimination of hepatitis C as a public health threat in Iceland: a goal attainable by 2020.
Scott N, Ólafsson S, Gottfreðsson M, Tyrfingsson T, Rúnarsdóttir V, Hansdottir I, Benitez Hernandez U, Sigmundsdóttir G, Hellard M
J Hepatol. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Pill testing or drug checking in Australia: Acceptability of service design features.
Barratt MJ, Bruno R, Ezard N, Ritter A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Feb; 37(2):226-236
- Identifying Immune Correlates of Protection Against Plasmodium falciparum Through a Novel Approach to Account for Heterogeneity in Malaria Exposure.
Valmaseda A, Macete E, Nhabomba A, Guinovart C, Aide P, Bardají A, Bassat Q, Nhampossa T, Maculuve S, Casellas A, Quintó L, Sanz S, Jiménez A, Feng G, Langer C, Reiling L, Reddy KS, Pandey A, Chitnis CE, Chauhan VS, Aguilar R, Aponte JJ, Dobaño C, Beeson JG, Gaur D, Menéndez C, Alonso PL, Mayor A
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Feb; 66(4):586-593
- Higher transplacental pathogen-specific antibody transfer among pregnant women randomized to triple antiretroviral treatment versus short course zidovudine.
Bosire R, Farquhar C, Nduati R, Broliden K, Luchters S, Van de Perre P, De Vincenzi I, Merkel M, Wachuka V, Mbori-Ngacha D, John-Stewart G, Lohman-Payne B, Reilly M
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Declining prevalence of undiagnosed HIV in Melbourne: results from community-based bio-behavioural studies of gay and bisexual men.
Stoové M, Asselin J, Pedrana A, Lea T, Hellard M, Wilson D, Prestage G, de Wit J, Holt M
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2018 Feb; 42(1):57-61
- Perturbed CD8+ T cell immunity across universal influenza epitopes in the elderly.
Nguyen THO, Sant S, Bird NL, Grant EJ, Clemens EB, Koutsakos M, Valkenburg SA, Gras S, Lappas M, Jaworowski A, Crowe J, Loh L, Kedzierska K
J Leuk Biol. 2018 Feb; 103(2):321-339
- The association between intentional overdose and same-sex sexual intercourse in a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Bowring A, Aitken C, Dietze P
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Glut1 expression level on inflammatory monocytes is associated with markers of cardiovascular disease risk in HIV-infected individuals.
Anzinger JJ, Butterfield TR, Gouillou M, McCune JM, Crowe SM, Palmer CS
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2018 Feb; 77(2):e28-e30
- Associations of occupational standing with musculoskeletal symptoms: a systematic review with meta-analysis.
Coenen P, Willenberg L, Parry S, Shi JW, Romero L, Blackwood DM, Maher CG, Healy GN, Dunstan DW, Straker LM
Br J Sports Med. 2018 Feb; 52(3):176-83
- Patient characteristics, procedural and safety outcomes of bariatric surgery in England: a retrospective Cohort Study-2006-2012.
Sun S, Borisenko O, Spelman T, Ahmed AR
Obes Surg. 2018 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Colocalization of intracellular specific IgA (icIgA) with influenza virus in patients' nasopharyngeal aspirate cells.
Kok TW, Costabile M, Tannock GA, Li P
J Virol Methods. 2018 Feb; 252:8-14
January, 2018 (46)
- Association between visual inspection of the cervix with acetic acid examination and high-risk human papillomavirus infection, Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Trichomonas vaginalis in Papua New Guinea.
Vallely AJ, Toliman PJ, Ryan C, Rai G, Wapling J, Gabuzzi J, Kumbia A, Kombuk B, Kombati Z, Vallely LM, Kelly-Hanku A, Wand H, Tabrizi SN, Mola GDL, Kaldor JM
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Exploiting immune cell metabolic machinery for functional HIV cure and the prevention of inflammaging.
Palmer CS, Palchaudhuri R, Albargy H, Abdel-Mohsen M, Crowe SM
F1000Res. 2018 Jan; 7:125
- Evaluating antibody functional activity and strain-specificity of vaccine candidates for malaria in pregnancy using in vitro phagocytosis assays.
Hommel M, Chan JA, Umbers AJ, Langer C, Rogerson SJ, Smith JD, Beeson JG
Parasit Vectors. 2018 Jan; 11(1):69
- Involving men to improve maternal and newborn health: A systematic review of the effectiveness of interventions.
Tokhi M, Comrie-Thomson L, Davis J, Portela A, Chersich M, Luchters S
PLoS One. 2018 Jan; 13(1):e0191620
- Injection Drug Use Trajectories Among Migrant Populations: A Narrative Review.
Melo JS, Mittal ML, Horyniak D, Strathdee SA, Werb D
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Gene delivery of medium chain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase (MCAD) induces physiological cardiac hypertrophy and protects against pathological remodelling.
Bernardo BC, Weeks KL, Pongsukwechkul T, Gao X, Kiriazis H, Cemerlang N, Boey EJ, Tham YK, Johnson CJ, Qian H, Du XJ, Gregorevic P, McMullen JR
Clin Sci (Lond). 2018 Jan; 132(3):381-397
- CD83 is a new potential biomarker and therapeutic target for Hodgkin lymphoma.
Li Z, Ju X, Lee K, Clarke C, Hsu JL, Abadir E, Bryant CE, Pears S, Sunderland N, Heffernan S, Hennessy A, Lo TH, Pietersz GA, Kupresanin F, Fromm PD, Silveira PA, Tsonis C, Cooper WA, Cunningham I, Brown C, Clark GJ, Hart DNJ; Australia National Health and Medical Research Council Development Grant; Cancer Institute NSW Translationl Program Grant.
Haematologica. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Adverse effects of amphotericin B in children; a retrospective comparison of conventional and liposomal formulations.
Andrew EC, Curtis N, Coghlan B, Cranswick N, Gwee A
Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- What Behaviors Do Young Heterosexual Australians See in Pornography? A Cross-Sectional Study.
Davis AC, Carrotte ER, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
J Sex Res. 2018 Jan; 55(3):310-319
- The associations of poor psychiatric well-being among incarcerated men with injecting drug use histories in Victoria, Australia.
Cossar R, Stoové M, Kinner SA, Dietze P, Aitken C, Curtis M, Kirwan A, Ogloff JRP
Health Justice. 2018 Jan; 6(1):1
- A reliable and easy to transport quality control method for chlamydia and gonorrhoea molecular point of care testing.
Badman SG, Causer LM, Guy R, Wand H, Donovan B, Tabrizi SN, Speers D, Shephard MD, Vallely A, Whiley D; TTANGO investigators including Natoli L and Anderson D
Pathology. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The effect of female sex on hepatitis C incidence among people who inject drugs: results from the international multi-cohort InC3 Collaborative.
Esmaeili A, Mirzazadeh A, Morris MD, Hajarizadeh B, Sacks HS, Maher L, Grebely J, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Hellard M, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Shoukry NH, Dore GJ, Lloyd AR, Prins M, Page K; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Jan; 66(1):20-28
- Sofosbuvir and velpatasvir for hepatitis C virus infection in people with recent injection drug use (SIMPLIFY): an open-label, single-arm, phase 4, multicentre trial.
Grebely J, Dalgard O, Conway B, Cunningham EB, Bruggmann P, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Bruneau J, Hellard M, Litwin AH, Marks P, Quiene S, Siriragavan S, Applegate TL, Swan T, Byrne J, Lacalamita M, Dunlop A, Matthews GV, Powis J, Shaw D, Thurnheer MC, Weltman M, Kronborg I, Cooper C, Feld JJ, Fraser C, Dillon JF, Read P, Gane E, Dore GJ; SIMPLIFY Study Group
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018 Jan; 3(3):153-161
- Multi-clonal evolution of multi-drug-resistant/extensively drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a high-prevalence setting of Papua New Guinea for over three decades.
Bainomugisa A, Lavu E, Hiashiri S, Majumdar S, Honjepari A, Moke R6, Dakulala P, Hill-Cawthorne GA, Pandey S, Marais BJ, Coulter C, Coin L
Microb Genom. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The potential of task shifting selected maternal interventions to auxiliary midwives in Myanmar: a mixed-method study.
Than KK, Tin KN, La T, Thant KS, Myint T, Beeson JG, Luchters S, Morgan A
BMC Public Health. 2018 Jan; 18(1):99
- Concomitant medication polypharmacy, interactions and imperfect adherence are common in Australian adults on suppressive ART.
Siefried KJ, Mao L, Cysique LA, Rule J, Giles ML, Smith DE, Mcmahon J, Read TR, Ooi C, Tee BK, Bloch M, de Wit J, Carr A; PAART study investigators.
AIDS. 2018 Jan; 32(1):35-48
- The experiences of patients with advanced cancer and caregivers presenting to Emergency Departments: A qualitative study.
Philip J, Remedios C, Breen S, Weiland T, Willenberg L, Boughey M, Jelinek G, Lane H, Marck C, Weil J
Palliat Med. 2018 Jan; 32(2):439-446
- Mesoscale Nanoparticles: An Unexpected Means for Selective Therapeutic Targeting of Kidney Diseases!
Yap ML, Wang XW, Pietersz GA, Peter K
Hypertension. 2018 Jan; 71 (1):61-63
- Diagnosis and treatment of Listeria monocytogenes endophthalmitis: A systematic review.
Chersich MF, Takkinen J, Charlier C, Leclercq A, Adams PE, Godbole G, Altmeyer U, Friesema IH, Labbé Sandelin L, Jenkin L, Fontana L, Aldigeri R, Venter F, Luchters SM, Lecuit M, Cimino L
Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Health and wellbeing of Indigenous adolescents in Australia: a systematic synthesis of population data.
Azzopardi PS, Sawyer SM, Carlin JB, Degenhardt L, Brown N, Brown AD, Patton GC.
Lancet. 2018 Jan; 391(10122):766-782
- Measuring and understanding the attitudes of Australian gay and bisexual men towards biomedical HIV prevention using cross-sectional data and factor analyses.
Wilkinson AL, Draper BL, Pedrana AE, Asselin J, Holt M, Hellard ME, Stoové M
Sex Transm Infect. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Assessing causality in drug policy analyses: How useful are the Bradford Hill criteria in analysing take-home naloxone programs?
Olsen A, McDonald D, Lenton S, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- How much alcohol is consumed outside of the lifetime risk guidelines in Australia?
Callinan S, Livingston M, Room R, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Jan; 37(1):42-47
- Epidemiology of chronic hepatitis B virus in Ireland using routinely collected surveillance and administrative data, 2004-2014.
van Gemert CE, Murphy N, Mitchell TA, Hellard ME, Thornton L
Ir J Med Sci. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Critical examination of evidence for the nutritional status of children in Papua New Guinea - a systematic review.
McGlynn PJ, Renzaho AΜ, Pham MD, Toole M, Fisher J, Luchters S
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2018 Jan; 27(1):1-18
- Adaptive reprogramming of NK cells in X-linked lymphoproliferative syndrome.
Opat S, Hearps A, Thia K, Yuen A, Rogers B, Chachage M, Moore G, Shortt J, Ryland G, Blombery P, Schwarer AP, Noori T, Trapani JA, Jaworowski A, Voskoboinik I
Blood. 2018 Jan; 131(6): 699-702
- Deportation of non-citizen military veterans: A critical analysis of implications for the right to health.
Horyniak D, Bojorquez I, Armenta RF, Davidson PJ
Glob Public Health. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print:1-13
- Understanding the Targeting and Uptake of HIV Testing Among Gay and Bisexual Men Attending Sexual Health Clinics.
Jamil MS, McManus H, Callander D, Prestage G, Ali H, O'Connor CC, Chen M, McNulty AM, Knight V, Duck T, Keen P, Gray J, Medland N, Hellard M, Lewis DA, Grulich AE, Kaldor JM, Fairley CK, Donovan B, Guy RJ; ACCESS and NSW Partnership Project Steering Committees.
AIDS Behav. 2018 Jan; 22(2):513-521
- Managing opioid overdose in pregnancy with take-home naloxone.
Blandthorn J, Bowman E, Leung L, Bonomo Y, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Knowledge of naloxone and take-home naloxone programs among a sample of people who inject drugs in Australia: Variations across capital cities.
Dietze PM, Stare M, Cogger S, Nambiar D, Olsen A, Burns L, Lenton S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Assessing individual-level needle and syringe coverage parameters and the measurement of coverage in Melbourne, Australia: methods and impacts.
O'Keefe D, Scott N, Aitken C, Dietze P
J Public Health. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Narratives of Young Men With Injecting Drug Use Histories Leaving Adult Prison.
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print:306624X17747829
- Eliminating hepatitis C virus as a public health threat among HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a multi-modelling approach to understand differences in sexual risk behaviour.
Scott N, Stoové M, Wilson DP, Keiser O, El-Hayek C, Doyle J, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25059
- The City of Johannesburg can end AIDS by 2030: modelling the impact of achieving the Fast-Track targets and what it will take to get there.
Stuart RM, Fraser-Hurt N, Kerr CC, Mabusela E, Madi V, Mkhwanazi F, Pillay Y, Barron P, Muzah B, Matsebula T, Gorgens M, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25068
- Findings and lessons learnt from implementing Australia's first health service based take-home naloxone program.
Chronister KJ, Lintzeris N, Jackson A, Ivan M, Dietze P, Lenton S, Kearley J, van Beek I
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Frailty in men living with HIV: a cross-sectional comparison of three frailty instruments.
Yeoh HL, Cheng A, Palmer C, Crowe SM, Hoy JF
Antivir Ther. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Psychological factors associated with painful versus non-painful HIV-associated sensory neuropathy.
Pillay P, Wadley AL, Cherry CL, Karstaedt AS, Kamerman PR
AIDS Behav. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Alcohol consumption trends in Australia: Comparing surveys and sales-based measures.
Livingston M, Callinan S, Raninen J, Pennay A, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Will growth in cryptomarket drug buying increase the harms of illicit drugs?
Aldridge J, Stevens A, Barratt MJ
Addiction. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Acceptability and HIV prevention benefits of a peer-based model of rapid point of care HIV testing for Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Leitinger D, Ryan KE, Brown G, Pedrana A, Wilkinson AL, Ryan C, Hellard M, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Jan; 22(1):178-189
- Syndromic management of sexually transmissible infections in resource-poor settings: a systematic review with meta-analysis of the abnormal vaginal discharge flowchart for Neisseria gonorrhoea and Chlamydia trachomatis.
van Gemert C, Hellard M, Bradshaw CS, Fowkes FJI, Agius PA, Stoove M, Bennett CM
Sex Health. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Blood-borne virus transmission in an urban, culturally diverse neighbourhood: results from a cross-sectional bio-behavioural survey using innovative outreach methods in a hard-to-reach population.
Peach E, Cogger S, Byron K, Francis P, O'Keefe D, Higgs P, Stoove M, Elmore K, Dietze P, Hellard M
Sex health. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Cohort Profile: Building a New Life in Australia (BNLA): the longitudinal study of humanitarian migrants.
Edwards B, Smart D, De Maio J, Silbert M, Jenkinson R
Int J Epidemiol. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Achieving 90-90-90 HIV targets will not be enough to achieve the HIV incidence reduction target in Australia.
Scott N, Stoové M, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) responses to seasonal influenza vaccination in older adults.
Vanderven HA, Jegaskanda S, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Carmuglia S, Rockman S, Chung AW, Kent SJ
J Infect Dis. 2018 Jan; 217(1):12-23
- Internal funding required to improve HIV care.
Brownstein H, Higgs P
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Eliminate HIV (27)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (2)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (10)
- Eliminate Malaria (8)
- Maternal and Child Health (52)
- International Operations (2)
- Disease Elimination (93)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (65)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (3)
- Health Security (Expansion Program) (35)
- Healthy Ageing (Expansion Program) (48)
- Latest Research Advances (0)
- HIV and AIDS (33)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (5)
- Maternal and Child Health (5)
- Malaria (8)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (4)
- Hepatitis B (1)
- Hepatitis C (11)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (14)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (9)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (3)
- Young People's Health (2)
- Justice Health (1)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (1)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (5)
- Influenza and Emerging Infectious Diseases (3)