Sepsis is a lethal disease in Australia and globally. There has never been a greater need to develop a test that can provide a rapid diagnosis.
September, 2017 (11)
- Vδ2+ T cell response to malaria correlates with protection from infection but is attenuated with repeated exposure.
Jagannathan P, Lutwama F, Boyle MJ, Nankya F, Farrington LA, McIntyre TI, Bowen K, Naluwu K, Nalubega M, Musinguzi K, Sikyomu E, Budker R, Katureebe A, Rek J, Greenhouse B, Dorsey G, Kamya MR, Feeney ME
Sci Rep. 2017 Sep; 7(1):11487
- Maximizing the impact of malaria funding through allocative efficiency: using the right interventions in the right locations.
Scott N, Hussain SA, Martin-Hughes R, Fowkes FJI, Kerr CC, Pearson R, Kedziora DJ, Killedar M, Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Malar J. 2017 Sep; 16(1):368
- Metabolically active CD4+ T cells expressing Glut1 and OX40 preferentially harbor HIV during in vitro infection.
Palmer CS, Duette GA, Wagner MCE, Henstridge DC, Saleh S, Pereira C, Zhou J, Simar D, Lewin SR, Ostrowski M, McCune JM, Crowe SM
FEBS Lett. 2017 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Synthetic cannabinoid use among high school seniors.
Palamar JJ, Barratt MJ, Coney L, Martins SS
Pediatrics. 2017 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Identification of heparin modifications and polysaccharide inhibitors of Plasmodium falciparum merozoite invasion that have potential for novel drug development.
Boyle MJ, Skidmore M, Dickerman B, Cooper L, Devlin A, Yates E, Horrocks P, Freeman C, Chai W, Beeson JG
Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Methods for the field evaluation of quantitative G6PD diagnostics: a review.
Ley B, Bancone G, von Seidlein L, Thriemer K, Richards JS, Domingo GJ, Price RN
Malar J. 2017 Sep; 16(1):361
- Maximizing research study effectiveness in malaria elimination settings: a mixed methods study to capture the experiences of field-based staff.
Canavati SE, Quintero CE, Haller B, Lek D, Yok S, Richards JS, Whittaker MA
Malar J. 2017 Sep; 16(1):362
- Development of multiplexed infectious disease lateral flow assays: Challenges and opportunities.
Mohd Hanafiah K, Arifin N, Bustami Y, Noordin R, Garcia M, Anderson D
Diagnostics. 2017 Sep; 7(3):E51
- SIDT2 transports extracellular dsRNA into the cytoplasm for innate immune recognition.
Nguyen TA, Smith BRC, Tate MD, Belz GT, Barrios MH, Elgass KD, Weisman AS, Baker PJ, Preston SP, Whitehead L, Garnham A, Lundie RJ, Smyth GK, Pellegrini M, O'Keeffe M, Wicks IP, Masters SL, Hunter CP, Pang KC
Immunity. 2017 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Anorectal swabs as a marker of male-to-male sexual exposure in STI surveillance systems.
Ampt FH, El Hayek C, Agius PA, Bowring AL, Bartnik N, Van Gemert C, Fairley CK, Chow EPF, Bradshaw CS, Stephens N, Lim MSC, Hellard ME
Epidemiol Infect. 2017 Sep; 145(12):2530-2535
- Knowledge and practices of chronic hepatitis B virus testing by general practitioners in Victoria, Australia, 2014-15.
van Gemert C, Howell J, Wang J, Stoové M, Cowie B, Allard N, Enright C, Dunn E, Towell V, Hellard M
Aust Fam Physician. 2017 Sep; 46(9):683-689
August, 2017 (25)
- Assessment of metabolic and mitochondrial dynamics in CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in virologically suppressed HIV-positive individuals on combination antiretroviral therapy.
Masson JJR, Murphy AJ, Lee MKS, Ostrowski M, Crowe SM, Palmer CS
PLoS One. 2017 Aug
- Acceptability and HIV prevention benefits of a peer-based model of rapid point of care HIV testing for Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Leitinger D, Ryan KE, Brown G, Pedrana A, Wilkinson AL, Ryan C, Hellard M, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2017 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Syndromic management of sexually transmissible infections in resource-poor settings: a systematic review with meta-analysis of the abnormal vaginal discharge flowchart for Neisseria gonorrhoea and Chlamydia trachomatis.
van Gemert C, Hellard M, Bradshaw CS, Fowkes FJI, Agius PA, Stoove M, Bennett CM
Sex Health. 2017 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- HIV-1 Env- and Vpu-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses associated with elite control of HIV.
Madhavi V, Wines BD, Amin J, Emery S; ENCORE1 study group, Lopez E, Kelleher A; Sydney LTNP study group, Center RJ, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Stratov I
J Virol. 2017 Aug; 91(18):e00700-17
- Associations of prolonged standing with musculoskeletal symptoms - A systematic review of laboratory studies.
Coenen P, Parry S, Willenberg L, Shi JW, Romero L, Blackwood DM, Healy GN, Dunstan DW, Straker LM
Gait Posture. 2017 Aug; 58(310-318)
- Child and adolescent mortality across Malaysia's epidemiological transition: A systematic analysis of global burden of disease data.
Abdul-Razak S, Azzopardi PS, Patton GC, Mokdad AH, Sawyer SM
J Adolesc Health. 2017 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Patterns of protective associations differ for antibodies to P.falciparum-infected erythrocytes and merozoites in immunity against malaria in children.
Chan JA, Stanisic DI, Duffy MF, Robinson LJ, Lin E, Kazura JW, King CL, Siba PM, Fowkes FJ, Mueller I, Beeson JG
Eur J Immunol. 2017 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Higher transplacental pathogen-specific antibody transfer among pregnant women randomized to triple antiretroviral treatment versus short course zidovudine.
Bosire R, Farquhar C, Nduati R, Broliden K, Luchters S, Van de Perre P, De Vincenzi I, Merkel M, Wachuka V, Mbori-Ngacha D, John-Stewart G, Lohman-Payne B, Reilly M
Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2017 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- WHISPER or SHOUT study: protocol of a cluster-randomised controlled trial assessing mHealth sexual reproductive health and nutrition interventions among female sex workers in Mombasa, Kenya.
Ampt FH, Mudogo C, Gichangi P, Lim MSC, Manguro G, Chersich M, Jaoko W, Temmerman M, Laini M, Comrie-Thomson L, Stoové M, Agius PA, Hellard M, L'Engle K, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2017 Aug; 7(8):e017388
- A prospective cohort study of hospital separations among people who inject drugs in Australia: 2008-2013.
Nambiar D, Stoové M, Hickman M, Dietze P
BMJ Open. 2017 Aug; 7(8):e014854
- Analysis of clinical HIV-1 strains with resistance to maraviroc reveals strain-specific resistance mutations, variable degrees of resistance, and minimal cross-resistance to other CCR5 antagonists.
Flynn J, Ellenberg P, Duncan R, Ellett A, Zhou J, Sterjovski J, Cashin K, Borm K, Gray L, Lewis M, Jubb B, Westby M, Lee B, Lewin SR, Churchill M, Roche M, Gorry P
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2017 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Partial efficacy of a broadly neutralizing antibody against cell-associated SHIV infection.
Parsons MS, Lloyd SB, Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Amarasena T, Center RJ, Keele BF, Lifson JD, LaBranche CC, Montefiori D, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Swiderek KM, Venturi V, Davenport MP, Kent SJ
Sci Trans Med. 2017 Aug; 9(402):eaaf1483
- Modular programming for tuberculosis control, the "AuTuMN" platform.
Trauer JM, Ragonnet R, Doan TN, McBryde ES
BMC Infect Dis. 2017 Aug; 17(1):546
- Reaching hepatitis C virus elimination targets requires health system interventions to enhance the care cascade.
Scott N, Doyle JS, Wilson DP, Wade A, Howell J, Pedrana A, Thompson A, Hellard ME
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Acquisition, maintenance and adaptation of invasion inhibitory antibodies against Plasmodium falciparum invasion ligands involved in immune evasion.
Tijani MK, Babalola OA, Odaibo AB, Anumudu CI, Asinobi AO, Morenikeji OA, Asuzu MC, Langer C, Reiling L, Beeson JG, Wahlgren M, Nwuba RI, Persson KEM
PLoS One. 2017 Aug; 12(8):e0182187
- Dichotomous miR expression and immune responses following primary blood-stage malaria.
Burel JG, Apte SH, Groves PL, Boyle MJ, Langer C, Beeson JG, McCarthy JS, Doolan DL
JCI Insight. 2017 Aug; 2(15)::e93434
- Will growth in cryptomarket drug buying increase the harms of illicit drugs?
Aldridge J, Stevens A, Barratt MJ
Addiction. 2017 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Increased syphilis testing of men who have sex with men: greater detection of asymptomatic early syphilis and relative reduction in secondary syphilis.
Chow EPF, Callander D, Fairley CK, Zhang L, Donovan B, Guy R, Lewis DA, Hellard M, Read P, Ward A, Chen MY; ACCESS collaboration.
Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Aug; 65(3):389-395
- Anti-HIV-1 ADCC antibodies following latency reversal and treatment interruption.
Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Rasmussen TA, Tolstrup M, Østergaard L, Søgaard OS, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Reynaldi A, Davenport MP, Emery S, Amin J, Cooper DA, Kan VL, Fox J, Gruell H, Parsons MS, Kent SJ
J Virol. 2017 Aug; 91(15):e00603
- Alcohol and other substance use among a sample of young people in the Solomon Islands.
Quinn B, Peach E, Wright CJC, Lim MSC, Davidson L, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Aug; 41(4):358-364
- Young Australians' use of pornography and associations with sexual risk behaviours.
Lim MSC, Agius PA, Carrotte ER, Vella AM, Hellard ME
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Aug; 41(4):438-443
- Therapeutic targeting in nanomedicine: the future lies in recombinant antibodies.
Pietersz GA, Wang X, Yap ML, Lim B, Peter K
Nanomedicine. 2017 Aug; 12(15):1873-1889
- Metabolic reprogramming during hepatitis B disease progression offers novel diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities.
Masson JJ, Billings HW, Palmer CS
Antivir Chem Chemother. 2017 Aug; 25(2):53-57
- Immunometabolic and lipidomic markers associated with the frailtyindex and quality of life in aging HIV+ men on antiretroviral therapy.
Yeoh HL, Cheng AC, Cherry CL, Weir JM, Meikle PJ, Hoy JF, Crowe SM, Palmer CS
EBioMedicine. 2017 Aug; 22:112-21
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C virus infection in the prison setting.
Mbenda HGN, Wadley A, Lombard Z, Cherry C, Price P, Kammerman P
J Neuorvirol. 2017 Aug; 23(4):511-519
July, 2017 (20)
- Multimodal vibrational imaging of cells.
Perez-Guaita D, Kochan K, Martin M, Andrew DW, Heraud P, Richards JS, Wood SR
Vibrat Spect. 2017 Jul; 91:46-58
- Declining prevalence of undiagnosed HIV in Melbourne: results from community-based bio-behavioural studies of gay and bisexual men.
Stoové M, Asselin J, Pedrana A, Lea T, Hellard M, Wilson D, Prestage G, de Wit J, Holt M
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Willingness to use HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis among gay men, other men who have sex with men and transgender women in Myanmar.
Draper BL, Oo ZM, Thein ZW, Aung PP, Veronese V, Ryan C, Thant M, Hughes C, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Jul; 20(1):21885
- Alcohol consumption trends in Australia: Comparing surveys and sales-based measures.
Livingston M, Callinan S, Raninen J, Pennay A, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2017 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- New hepatitis C antiviral treatments eliminate the virus.
Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Higgs P, Stoove M, Dietze PM, Hellard ME
Lancet. 2017 Jul; 390(10092):358-359
- The experience of initiating injection drug use and its social context: A qualitative systematic review and thematic synthesis.
Guise A, Horyniak D, Melo J, McNeill R, Werb D
Addiction. 2017 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- The exported chaperone Hsp70-x supports virulence functions for Plasmodium falciparum blood stage parasites.
Charnaud SC, Dixon MWA, Nie CQ, Chappell L, Sanders PR, Nebl T, Hanssen E, Berriman M, Chan JA, Blanch AJ, Beeson JG, Rayner JC, Przyborski JM, Tilley L, Crabb BS, Gilson PR
PLoS One. 2017 Jul; 12(7):e0181656
- Effects of liver-stage clearance by Primaquine on gametocyte carriage of Plasmodium vivax and P. falciparum.
Wampfler R, Hofmann NE, Karl S, Betuela I, Kinboro B, Lorry L, Silkey M, Robinson LJ, Mueller I, Felger I
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017 Jul; 11(7):e0005753
- Healthcare Access and Quality Index based on mortality from causes amenable to personal health care in 195 countries and territories, 1990-2015: a novel analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015.
GBD 2015 Healthcare Access and Quality Collaborators including Azzopardi P
Lancet. 2017 Jul; 390(10091):231-266
- "Just not all ice users do that": investigating perceptions and potential harms of Australia's Ice Destroys Lives campaign in two studies.
Douglass CH, Early EC, Wright CJC, Palmer A, Higgs P, Quinn B, Dietze PM, Lim MSC
Harm Reduct J. 2017 Jul; 14(1):45
- Psychological factors associated with painful versus non-painful HIV-associated sensory neuropathy.
Pillay P, Wadley AL, Cherry CL, Karstaedt AS, Kamerman PR
AIDS Behav. 2017 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- An exported protein-interacting complex involved in the trafficking of virulence determinants in Plasmodium-infected erythrocytes.
Batinovic S, McHugh E, Chisholm SA, Matthews K, Liu B, Dumont L, Charnaud SC, Schneider MP, Gilson PR, de Koning-Ward TF, Dixon MWA, Tilley L
Nat Commun. 2017 Jul; 8:16044
- Fc functional antibodies in humans with severe H7N9 and seasonal influenza.
Vanderven HA, Liu L, Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Nguyen TH, Wan Y, Wines B, Hogarth PM, Tilmanis D, Reynaldi A, Parsons MS, Hurt AC, Davenport MP, Kotsimbos T, Cheng AC, Kedzierska K, Zhang X, Xu J, Kent SJ
JCI Insights. 2017 Jul; 2(13):92750
- Determinants of knowledge of critical danger signs, safe childbirth and immediate newborn care practices among auxiliary midwives: a cross sectional survey in Myanmar.
Than KK, Morgan A, Pham MD, Beeson JG, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2017 Jul; 7(6):e017180
- Host age and expression of genes involved in red blood cell invasion in Plasmodium falciparum field isolates.
Valmaseda A, Bassat Q, Aide P, Cisteró P, Jiménez A, Casellas A, Machevo S, Aguilar R, Sigaúque B, Chauhan VS, Langer C, Beeson J, Chitnis C, Alonso PL, Gaur D, Mayor A
Sci Rep. 2017 Jul; 7(1):4717
- At the heart of the problem: Health in Johannesburg's inner-city.
Rees H, Delany-Moretlwe S, Scorgie F, Luchters S, Chersich MF
BMC Public Health. 2017 Jul; 17(Suippl 3):554
- Research priorities to achieve universal access to hepatitis C prevention, management and direct-acting antiviral treatment among people who inject drugs.
Grebely J, Bruneau J, Lazarus JV, Dalgard O, Bruggmann P, Treloar C, Hickman M, Hellard M, Roberts T, Crooks L, Midgard H, Larney S, Degenhardt L, Alho H, Byrne J, Dillon JF, Feld JJ, Foster G, Goldberg D, Lloyd AR, Reimer J, Robaeys G, Torrens M, Wright N, Maremmani I, Norton BL, Litwin AH, Dore GJ; International Network on Hepatitis in Substance Users.
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jul; 47:51-60
- Cross-border injection drug use and HIV and hepatitis C virus seropositivity among people who inject drugs in San Diego, California.
Horyniak D, Wagner KD, Armenta RF, Cuevas-Mota J, Hendrickson E, Garfein RS
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Jul; 47:9-17
- Effect of combination antiretroviral therapy on HIV-1-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses in subtype B- and subtype C-infected cohorts.
Madhavi V, Kulkarni A, Shete A, Lee WS, Mclean MR, Kristensen AB, Ghate M, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Kelleher A, Cooper DA, Amin J, Emery S, Thakar M, Kent SJ
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017 Jul; 75(3):345-353
- Gearing up at the Review.
Room R, Dietze P, McKetin R
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2017 Jul; 36(4):441
June, 2017 (36)
- Infection is an independent predictor of death in diffuse large B cell lymphoma.
Dendle C, Gilbertson M, Spelman T, Stuart RL, Korman TM, Thursky K, Opat S, McQuilten Z
Sc Rep. 2017 Jun; 7(1):4395
- Persistence of activated and adaptive-like NK cells in HIV+ individuals despite 2 Years of suppressive combination antiretroviral therapy.
Hearps AC, Agius PA, Zhou J, Brunt S, Chachage M, Angelovich TA, Cameron PU, Giles M, Price P, Elliott J, Jaworowski A
Front Immunol. 2017 Jun; 8:731
- IgG opsonization of merozoites: multiple immune mechanisms for malaria vaccine development.
Hill DL, Schofield L, Wilson DW
Int J Parasitol. 2017 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Characterizing marijuana concentrate users: A web-based survey.
Daniulaityte R, Lamy FR, Barratt M, Nahhas RW, Martins SS, Boyer EW, Sheth A, Carlson RG
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017 Jun; 178:399-40
- Acute HIV infection detection and immediate treatment estimated to reduce transmission by 89% among men who have sex with men in Bangkok.
Kroon EDMB, Phanuphak N, Shattock AJ, Fletcher JLK, Pinyakorn S, Chomchey N, Akapirat S, de Souza MS, Robb ML, Kim JH, van Griensven F, Ananworanich J, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Jun; 20(1):1-9
- Re-examining blood donor deferral criteria relating to injecting drug use.
Quinn B, Seed C, Keller A, Maher L, Wilson D, Farrell M, Caris S, Williams J, Madden A, Thompson A, Pink J, Hellard ME
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jun; 48:9-17
- Targeting activated platelets: A unique and potentially universal approach for cancer imaging.
Yap ML, McFadyen JD, Wang X, Zia NA, Hohmann JD, Ziegler M, Yao Y, Pham A, Harris M, Donnelly PS, Hogarth PM, Pietersz GA, Lim B, Peter K
Theranostics. 2017 Jun; 7(10):2565-2574
- Influence of the number and timing of malaria episodes during pregnancy on prematurity and small-for-gestational-age in an area of low transmission.
Moore KA, Simpson JA, Wiladphaingern J, Min AM, Pimanpanarak M, Paw MK, Raksuansak J, Pukrittayakamee S, Fowkes FJI, White NJ, Nosten F, McGready R
BMC Med. 2017 Jun; 15(1):117
- Molecular simulations of carbohydrates with a fucose-binding Burkholderia ambifaria lectin suggest modulation by surface residues outside the fucose-binding pocket.
Dingjan T, Imberty A, Pérez S, Yuriev E, Ramsland PA
Front Pharmacol. 2017 Jun; 8:393
- Frailty in men living with HIV: a cross-sectional comparison of three frailty instruments.
Yeoh HL, Cheng A, Palmer C, Crowe SM, Hoy JF
Antivir Ther. 2017 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Injecting drug use in low and middle income countries: opportunities to improve care and prevent harm.
O'Keefe D, Stoové M, Doyle J, Dietze P, Hellard M.
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jun; 24(9):714-724
- Pill testing or drug checking in Australia: Acceptability of service design features.
Barratt MJ, Bruno R, Ezard N, Ritter A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2017 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Beyond basic feedback in mobile brief interventions: Designing SMS message content for delivery to young adults during risky drinking events.
Wright CJC, Dietze PM, Lim MSC
JMIR mHealth uHealth. 2017 Jun; 5(6):e79
- Effects of aging on parasite biomass, inflammation, endothelial activation, microvascular dysfunction and disease severity in Plasmodium knowlesi and Plasmodium falciparum malaria.
Barber BE, Grigg MJ, William T, Piera KA, Boyle MJ, Yeo TW, Anstey, NM
J Infect Dis. 2017 Jun; 215:1908-1917
- Changes in risk behaviours during and following treatment for hepatitis C virus infection among people who inject drugs: The ACTIVATE study.
Midgard H, Hajarizadeh B, Cunningham EB, Conway B, Backmund M, Bruggmann P, Bruneau J, Bourgeois S, Dunlop A, Foster GR, Hellard M, Robaeys G, Thurnheer MC, Weltman M, Amin J, Marks PS, Quiene S, Dore GJ, Dalgard O, Grebely J; ACTIVATE Study Group.
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Optimally capturing latency dynamics in models of tuberculosis transmission.
Ragonnet R, Trauer JM, Scott N, Meehan MT, Denholm JT, McBryde ES
Epidemics. 2017 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Synergistic effect of IL-12 and IL-18 induces TIM3 regulation of γδ T cell function and decreases the risk of clinical malaria in children living in Papua New Guinea.
Schofield L, Ioannidis LJ, Karl S, Robinson LJ, Tan QY, Poole DP, Betuela I, Hill DL, Siba PM, Hansen DS, Mueller I, Eriksson EM
BMC Med. 2017 Jun; 15(1):114
- Dimeric Fcγ receptor enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to study HIV-specific antibodies: a new look into breadth of Fcγ receptor antibodies induced by the RV144 Vaccine Trial.
McLean MR, Madhavi V, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ
J Immunol. 2017 Jun; 199(2):816-826
- Efficacy of response-guided directly observed pegylated interferon and self-administered ribavirin for people who inject drugs with hepatitis C virus genotype 2/3 infection: The ACTIVATE study.
Grebely J, Dalgard O, Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Foster GR, Bruggmann P, Conway B, Backmund M, Robaeys G, Swan T, Amin J, Marks PS, Quiene S, Applegate TL, Weltman M, Shaw D, Dunlop A, Hellard M, Bruneau J, Midgard H, Bourgeois S, Staehelin C, Dore GJ; ACTIVATE Study Group.
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Adherence to response-guided pegylated interferon and ribavirin for people who inject drugs with hepatitis C virus genotype 2/3 infection: the ACTIVATE study.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Dalgard O, Amin J, Hellard M, Foster GR, Bruggmann P, Conway B, Backmund M, Robaeys G, Swan T, Marks PS, Quiene S, Applegate TL, Weltman M, Shaw D, Dunlop A, Bruneau J, Midgard H, Bourgeois S, Thurnheer MC, Dore GJ, Grebely J; ACTIVATE Study Group
BMC Infect Dis. 2017 Jun; 17(1):420
- Memory B cells, the HLA-B*57 allele and natural control of HIV infection.
EBioMedicine. 2017 Jun; 21:47-48
- Correlates of Preexposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) use among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Los Angeles, California.
Okafor CN, Gorbach PM, Ragsdale A, Quinn B, Shoptaw S
J Urban Health. 2017 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Where is the science in humanitarian health?
Waldman RJ, Toole MJ
Lancet. 2017 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Upper extremity non-contrast magnetic resonance venography (MRV) compared to contrast enhanced MRV and ultrasound.
Lim RP, Hornsey E, Ranatunga D, Hao H, Smith J, Spelman T, Chuen J, Goodwin M
Clin Imaging. 2017 Jun; 45:51-57
- The utility of drug checking services as monitoring tools and more: A response to Pirona et al.
Giné CV, Vilamala MV, Measham F, Brunt TM, Bücheli A, Paulos C, Valente H, Martins D, Libois B, Tögel-Lins K, Jones G, Karden A, Barratt MJ
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jun; 45:46-47
- Using simulation modelling to examine the impact of venue lockout and last-drink policies on drinking-related harms and costs to licensees.
Scott N, Livingston M, Reporter I, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Jun; 41(3):243-247
- A cross-sectional study of HIV and STIs among male sex workers attending Australian sexual health clinics.
Callander D, Read P, Prestage G, Minichiello V, Chow EP, Lewis DA, McNulty A, Ali H, Hellard M, Guy R, Donovan B
Sex Transm Infect. 2017 Jun; 93(4):299-302
- Monitoring HIV-associated neurocognitive disorder using screenings: a critical review including guidelines for clinical and research use.
Kamminga J, Lal L, Wright EJ, Bloch M, Brew BJ, Cysique LA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep. 2017 Jun; 14(3):83-92
- Less frequent CD4 monitoring in virologically suppressed HIV.
McMahon J, Crowe SM
Lancet HIV. 2017 Jun; 4(6):e233-e234
- Review article: delivering precision oncology in intermediate-stage liver cancer.
Pinato DJ, Howell J, Ramaswami R, Sharma R
Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017 Jun; 45(12):1514-1523
- Improvements in Spectrum's fit to program data tool.
Mahiane SG, Marsh K, Grantham K, Crichlow S, Caceres K, Stover J
AIDS. 2017 Jun; 31(Suppl 1):S23-S30
- Post-treatment control in an adult with perinatally acquired HIV following cessation of antiretroviral therapy.
McMahon JH, Chang J, Tennakoon S, Dantanarayana A, Solomon A, Cherry C, Doherty R, Cameron P, Lewin SR
AIDS. 2017 Jun; 31(9):1344-1346
- Dropout in clinical trials of pharmacological treatment for methamphetamine dependence: the role of initial abstinence.
Cook R, Quinn B, Heinzerling K, Shoptaw S
Addiction. 2017 Jun; 112(6):1077-1085
- Increased in synthetic cannabinoids-related harms: Results from a longitudinal web-based content analysis.
Lamy FR, Daniulaityte R, Nahhas RW, Barratt MJ, Smith AG, Sheth A, Martins SS, Boyer EW, Carlson RG
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Jun; 44:121-129
- Identifying the risks for human transmission of Plasmodium
Richards J, Mueller I
Lancet Planetary Health. 2017 Jun; 1(3):e83
- Antibody recognition of aberrant glycosylation on the surface of cancer cells.
Soliman C, Yuriev E, Ramsland PA
Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2017 Jun; 44:1-8
May, 2017 (27)
- Longitudinal changes in personal wellbeing in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Scott N, Carrotte ER, Higgs P, Stoové MA, Aitken CK, Dietze PM
PLoS One. 2017 May; 12(5):e0178474
- A user-friendly mathematical modelling web interface to assist local decision making in the fight against drug-resistant tuberculosis.
Ragonnet R, Trauer JM, Denholm JT, Marais BJ, McBryde ES
BMC Infect Dis. 2017 May; 17(1):374
- Reducing occupational sitting: Workers' perspectives on participation in a multi-component intervention.
Hadgraft NT, Willenberg L, LaMontagne AD, Malkoski K, Dunstan DW, Healy GN, Moodie M, Eakin EG, Owen N, Lawler SP.
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2017 May; 14(1):72
- Genetics of HIV-associated sensory neuropathy and related pain in Africans.
Ngassa Mbenda HG, Wadley A, Lombard Z, Cherry C, Price P, Kamerman P
J Neurovirol. 2017 May; Epub ahead of print
- How does the use of multiple needles/syringes per injecting episode impact on the measurement of individual level needle and syringe program coverage?
O'Keefe D, McCormack A, Cogger S, Aitken C, Burns L, Bruno R, Stafford J, Butler K, Breen C, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 May; 46:96-106
- An ecological momentary intervention to reduce alcohol consumption in young adults delivered during drinking events: Protocol for a pilot randomized controlled trial.
Wright CJ, Dietze PM, Agius PA, Kuntsche E, Room R, Livingston M, Hellard M, Lim MS
JIMR Research Protocols. 2017 May; 6(5):e95
- A Phase 1 Human Immunodeficiency Virus vaccine trial for cross-profiling the kinetics of serum and mucosal antibody responses to CN54gp140 modulated by two homologous prime-boost vaccine regimens.
Kratochvil S, McKay PF, Kopycinski JT, Bishop C, Hayes PJ, Muir L, Pinder CL, Cizmeci D, King D, Aldon Y, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Held K, Geldmacher C, Dally L, Santos NS, Cole T, Gilmour J, Fidler S, Shattock RJ
Front Immunol. 2017 May; 8:595
- An in vitro model demonstrates the potential of neoplastic human germ cells to influence the tumour microenvironment.
Klein B, Schuppe HC, Bergmann M, Hedger MP, Loveland BE, Loveland KL
Andrology. 2017 May; 5(4):763-770
- Genie in a blotter: A comparative study of LSD and LSD analogues' effects and user profile.
Coney LD, Maier LJ, Ferris JA, Winstock AR, Barratt MJ
Hum Psychopharmacol. 2017 May; 32(3):e2599
- New psychoactive substances: Purchasing and supply patterns in Australia.
Sutherland R, Bruno R, Peacock A, Dietze P, Breen C, Burns L, Barratt MJ
Hum Psychopharmacol. 2017 May; Epub ahead of print
- Trends in reports of driving following illicit drug consumption among regular drug users in Australia, 2007-2013: Has random roadside drug testing had a deterrent effect?
Horyniak D, Dietze P, Lenton S, Alati R, Bruno R, Matthews A, Breen C, Burns L
Accid Anal Prev. 2017 May; 104:146-155
- Prevention of postpartum haemorrhage by community-based auxiliary midwives in hard-to-reach areas of Myanmar: a qualitative inquiry into acceptability and feasibility of task shifting.
Than KK, Mohamed Y, Oliver V, Myint T, La T, Beeson JG, Luchters S
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017 May; 17(1):146
- Simultaneous ATR-FTIR based determination of malaria parasitemia, glucose and urea in whole blood dried onto a glass slide.
Roy S, Perez-Guaita D, Andrew DW, Richards JS, McNaughton D, Heraud P, Wood BR
Anal Chem. 2017 May; 89(10)::5238-5245
- No adverse safety or virological changes two years following vorinostat in HIV-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapy.
Mota TM, Rasmussen TA, Rhodes A, Tennakoon S, Dantanarayana A, Wightman F, Hagenauer M, Roney J, Spelman T, Purcell DF, McMahon J, Hoy JF, Prince HM, Elliott JH, Lewin SR
AIDS. 2017 May; 31(8):1137-1141
- Frequent emergency department presentations among people who inject drugs: A record linkage study.
Nambiar D, Stoové M, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 May; 44:115-120
- Mediation of the effect of malaria in pregnancy on stillbirth and neonatal death in an area of low transmission: observational data analysis.
Moore KA, Fowkes FJI, Wiladphaingern J, Wai NS, Paw MK, Pimanpanarak M, Carrara VI, Raksuansak J, Simpson JA, White NJ, Nosten F, McGready R
BMC Med. 2017 May; 15(1):98
- Differences in emergency ambulance demand between older adults living in residential aged care facilities and those living in the community in Melbourne, Australia.
Cantwell K, Morgans A, Smith K, Livingston M, Dietze P
Australas J Ageing. 2017 May; Epub ahead of print
- Biofuel production and its impact on food security in low and middle
income countries: Implications for the post-2015 sustainable development
Renzaho AMN, Jamara JK, Toole M
Renw Sustain Energy Rev. 2017 May; 78:503-516
- Measuring the effectiveness of in-hospital and on-base Prevent Alcohol and Risk-related Trauma in Youth (P.A.R.T.Y.) programs on reducing alcohol related harms in naval trainees: P.A.R.T.Y. Defence study protocol.
Watterson J, Gabbe B, Dietze P, Thompson J, Oborn M, Rosenfeld JV
BMC Public Health. 2017 May; 17(1):380
- First-trimester artemisinin derivatives and quinine treatments and the risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes in Africa and Asia: A meta-analysis of observational studies.
Dellicour S, Sevene E, McGready R, Tinto H, Mosha D, Manyando C, Rulisa S, Desai M, Ouma P, Oneko M, Vala A, Rupérez M, Macete E, Menéndez C, Nakanabo-Diallo S, Kazienga A, Valéa I, Calip G, Augusto O, Genton B, Njunju EM, Moore KA, d'Alessandro U, Nosten F, Ter Kuile F, Stergachis A
PLoS Med. 2017 May; 14(5):e1002290
- Early childhood development: impact of national human development, family poverty, parenting practices and access to early childhood education.
Tran TD, Luchters S, Fisher J
Child Care Health Dev. 2017 May; 43(3):415-426
- Shear sensitive nanocapsule drug release for site specific inhibition of occlusive thrombus formation.
Molloy CP, Yao Y, Kammoun H, Bonnard T, Hoefer T, Alt K, Tovar-Lopez F, Rosengarten G, Ramsland PA, van der Meer AD, van den Berg A, Murphy AJ, Hagemeyer CE, Peter K, Westein E
J Thromb Haemost. 2017 May; 15(5):972-982
- Medication adherence, condom use and sexually transmitted infections in Australian PrEP users: interim results from the Victorian PrEP Demonstration Project.
Lal L, Audsley J, Murphy D, Fairley CK, Stoove M, Roth N, Moore R, Tee BK, Puratmaja N, Anderson PL, Leslie D, Grant RM, De Wit J, Wright E; VicPrEP Study Team.
AIDS. 2017 May; 31(12):1709-1714
- "We Might Get Some Free Beers": Experience and Motivation for Transactional Sex Among Behaviorally Bisexual Men in Vientiane, Laos.
Bowring AL, Pasomsouk N, Hughes C, van Gemert C, Higgs P, Sychareun V, Hellard M, Power R
Arch Sex Behav. 2017 May; 46(4):1047-1059
- Hepatocellular carcinoma after sustained virologic response: Leave no one behind.
Howell J, Thompson AJ
Gastroenterology. 2017 May; 152(6):1282-1284
- The detection and prevention of unintentional consumption of DOx and 25x-NBOMe at Portugal's Boom Festival.
Martins D, Barratt MJ, Pires CV, Carvalho H, Vilamala MV, Espinosa IF, Valente H
Hum Psychopharmacol. 2017 May; 32(3):e2608
- Six-month exclusive breastfeeding among Myanmar migrants in Samut Sakhon Province, Thailand.
Pitikultang, S, Khin, MM, Siri, S, Taechaboonsermsak, P
SE Asian J Trop Med Pub Health. 2017 May; 48(3):662-673
April, 2017 (22)
- New HIV testing technologies in the context of a concentrated epidemic and evolving HIV prevention: qualitative research on HIV self-testing among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Yangon, Myanmar.
Wirtz AL, Clouse E, Veronese V, Thu KH, Naing S, Baral SD, Beyrer C
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Apr; 20:21796
- How much alcohol is consumed outside of the lifetime risk guidelines in Australia?
Callinan S, Livingston M, Room R, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- HIV-1 and SIV Predominantly Use CCR5 Expressed on a Precursor Population to Establish Infection in T Follicular Helper Cells.
Xu Y, Phetsouphanh C, Suzuki K, Aggrawal A, Graff-Dubois S, Roche M, Bailey M, Alcantara S, Cashin K, Sivasubramaniam R, Koelsch KK, Autran B, Harvey R, Gorry PR, Moris A, Cooper DA, Turville S, Kent SJ, Kelleher AD, Zaunders J
Front Immunol. 2017 Apr; 8:376
- The role of lactic acid production by probiotic Lactobacillus species in vaginal health.
Tachedjian G, Aldunate M, Bradshaw CS, Cone RA
Res Microbiol. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Correlates of sexually transmissible infection testing among a sample of at-risk young Australians.
Douglass CH, Vella AM, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Aust J Prim Health. 2017 Apr; 23(3):272-277
- Immunity as a predictor of anti-malarial treatment failure: a systematic review.
O'Flaherty K, Maguire J, Simpson JA, Fowkes FJI
Malar J. 2017 Apr; 16(1):158
- Vaccine vial monitor availability and use in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review.
Eriksson P, Gessner BD, Jaillard P, Morgan C, Le Gargasson JB
Vaccine. 2017 Apr; 35(17):2155-2161
- Assessing causality in drug policy analyses: How useful are the Bradford Hill criteria in analysing take-home naloxone programs?
Olsen A, McDonald D, Lenton S, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Wilkinson et al. Respond to "Latent Transition Analyses in Clinical Cohorts".
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Tee BK, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
Am J Epidemiol. 2017 Apr; 185(8):639-640
- Palliative care in humanitarian crises: always something to offer.
Powell RA, Schwartz L, Nouvet E, Sutton B, Petrova M, Marston J, Munday D, Radbruch L
Lancet. 2017 Apr; 389(10078):1498-1499
- Longitudinal analysis of change in individual-level needle and syringe coverage amongst a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Scott N, Aitken C, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017 Apr; 176:7-13
- Vaginal lactic acid elicits an anti-inflammatory
response from human cervicovaginal epithelial
cells and inhibits production of pro-inflammatory
mediators associated with HIV acquisition.
Hearps AC, Tyssen D, Srbinovski D, Bayigga L, Diaz DJD, Aldunate M, Cone RA, Gugasyan R, Anderson DJ, Tachedjian G
Mucosal Immunol. 2017 Apr; Eprint ahead of print
- Porphyromonas gingivalis antibody levels and diagnosis of coronary artery disease in HIV-positive individuals.
Berquist VL, Hearps AC, Ford P, Jaworowski A, Leishman SJ, Hoy JF, Trevillyan JM
J Periodontal Res. 2017 Apr; 52(5):930-935
- The effect of common anticoagulants in detection and quantification of malaria parasitemia in human red blood cells by ATR-FTIR spectroscopy.
Martin M, Perez-Guaita D, Andrew DW, Richards JS, Wood BR, Heraud P
Analyst. 2017 Apr; 142(8):1192-1199
- Utility of risk-based chlamydia testing in primary care: analysis of retrospective surveillance data among women in Melbourne, Australia.
Wilkinson AL, McNamee K, El-Hayek C, Chow EP, Bradshaw CS, Roth N, Tee BK, Stoové M, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2017 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Challenges for achieving safe
and effective radical cure of Plasmodium vivax:
a round table discussion of the APMEN Vivax
Thriemer K, Ley B, Bobogare A, Dysoley L, Alam MS, Pasaribu AP, Sattabongkot J, Jambert E, Domingo GJ, Commons R, Auburn S, Marfurt J, Devine A, Aktaruzzaman MM, Sohel N, Namgay R, Drukpa T, Sharma SN, Sarawati E, Samad I, Theodora M, Nambanya S, Ounekham S, Mudin RN, Da Thakur G, Makita LS, Deray R, Lee SE, Boaz L, Danansuriya MN, Mudiyanselage SD, Chinanonwait N, Kitchakarn S, Nausien J, Naket E, Duc TN, Do Manh H, Hong YS, Cheng Q, Richards JS, Kusriastuti R, Satyagraha A, Noviyanti R, Ding XC, Khan WA, Swe Phru C, Guoding Z, Qi G, Kaneko A, Miotto O, Nguitragool W, Roobsoong W, Battle K, Howes RE, Roca-Feltrer A, Duparc S, Bhowmick IP, Kenangalem E, Bibit JA, Barry A, Sintasath D, Abeyasinghe R, Sibley CH, McCarthy J, von Seidlein L, Baird JK, Price RN
Malar J. 2017 Apr; 16:141
- Defining the next generation of Plasmodium vivax diagnostic tests for control and elimination: Target product profiles.
Ding XC, Ade MP, Baird JK, Cheng Q, Cunningham J, Dhorda M, Drakeley C, Felger I, Gamboa D, Harbers M, Herrera S, Lucchi N, Mayor A, Mueller I, Sattabongkot J, Ratsimbason A, Richards J, Tanner M, González IJ
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017 Apr; 11(4):e0005516
- Dorsal longitudinal foreskin cut is associated with reduced risk of HIV, syphilis and genital herpes in men: a cross-sectional study in Papua New Guinea.
Vallely AJ, MacLaren D, David M, Toliman P, Kelly-Hanku A, Toto B, Tommbe R, Kombati Z, Kaima P, Browne K, Manineng C, Simeon L, Ryan C, Wand H, Hill P, Law G, Siba PM, McBride WJ, Kaldor JM
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Apr; 20(1):21358
- Geographic differences in temporal incidence trends of hepatitis C virus infection among people who inject drugs: The InC3 Collaboration.
Morris MD, Shiboski S, Bruneau J, Hahn JA, Hellard M, Prins M, Cox AL, Dore G, Grebely J, Kim AY, Lauer GM, Lloyd A, Rice T, Shoukry N, Maher L, Page K; International Collaboration of Incident HIV and HCV in Injecting Cohorts (InC3).
Clin Infect Dis. 2017 Apr; 64(7):860-869
- A survey of hepatitis C management by Victorian GPs after PBS-listing of direct-acting antiviral therapy.
Wade A, Draper B, Doyle J, Allard N, Grinzi P, Thompson A, Hellard M
Aust Fam Physician. 2017 Apr; 46(4):235-240
- Cohort Profile: The Flu Watch Study.
Fragaszy EB, Warren-Gash C, Wang L, Copas A, Dukes O, Edmunds WJ, Goonetilleke N, Harvey G, Johnson AM, Kovar J, Lim MS, McMichael A, Millett ER, Nazareth I, Nguyen-Van-Tam JS, Tabassum F, Watson JM, Wurie F, Zambon M, Hayward AC and the Flu Watch Group
Int J Epidemiol. 2017 Apr; 46(2):e18
- Differing rates of antibody acquisition to merozoite antigens in malaria: implications for immunity and surveillance.
McCallum FJ, Persson KM, Fowkes FJ, Reiling L, Mugyenyi CK, Richards JS, Simpson JA, Williams TN, Gilson PR, Hodder AN, Sanders PR, Anders RF, Narum DL, Chitnis C, Crabb BS, Marsh K, Beeson JG.
J Leukoc Biol. 2017 Apr; 101(4):913-925
March, 2017 (16)
- "Fitspiration" on Social Media: A Content Analysis of Gendered Images.
Carrotte ER, Prichard I, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2017 Mar; 19(3):e95
- Correlates of alcohol consumption on heavy drinking occasions of young risky drinkers: event versus personal characteristics.
Dietze P, Agius PA, Livingston M, Callinan S, Jenkinson R, Lim MS, Wright CJ, Room R
Addiction. 2017 Mar; 112(8): 1369-1377
- Structure and characterisation of a key epitope in the conserved C-terminal domain of the malaria vaccine candidate MSP2.
Seow J, Morales RA, MacRaild CA, Krishnarjuna B, McGowan S, Dingjan T, Jaipuria G, Rouet R, Wilde KL, Atreya HS, Richards JS, Anders RF, Christ D, Drinkwater N, Norton RS
J Mol Biol. 2017 Mar; 429(6):836-846
- Public-private mix for tuberculosis care and control in Myanmar: a strategy to scale up?
Thet Lwin ZM, Sahu SK, Owiti P, Chinnakali P, Majumdar SS
Public Health Action. 2017 Mar; 7(1):15-20
- Antibody functional assays as measures of Fc receptor-mediated immunity to HIV - New technologies and their Impact on the HIV vaccine field.
Wines BD, Billings H, Mclean MR, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
Curr HIV Res. 2017 Mar; 15(3):202-215
- Host immunity to Plasmodium falciparum and the assessment of emerging artemisinin resistance in a multinational cohort.
Ataide R, Ashley EA, Powell R, Chan JA, Malloy MJ, O'Flaherty K, Takashima E, Langer C, Tsuboi T, Dondorp AM, Day NP, Dhorda M, Fairhurst RM, Lim P, Amaratunga C, Pukrittayakamee S, Hien TT, Htut Y, Mayxay M, Faiz MA, Beeson JG, Nosten F, Simpson JA, White NJ, Fowkes FJ
PNAS. 2017 Mar; 114(13):3515-3520
- The cause-specific morbidity and mortality, and referral patterns of all neonates admitted to a tertiary referral hospital in the northern provinces of Vietnam over a one year period.
Miles M, Dung KT, Ha LT, Liem NT, Ha K, Hunt RW, Mulholland K, Morgan C, Russell FM
PLoS One. 2017 Mar; 12(3):e0173407
- Antibody responses to Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax and prospective risk of Plasmodium spp. infection postpartum.
McLean ARD, Boel M, McGready R, Ataide R, Drew D, Tsuboi T, James G. Beeson JG, Francois Nosten, Julie A. Simpson and Freya J. I. Fowkes
Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017 Mar; 96(5):1197-1204
- Plasmodium falciparum parasites deploy RhopH2 into the host erythrocyte to obtain nutrients, grow and replicate.
Counihan N, Chisholm SA, Bullen HE, Srivastava A, Sanders PR, Jonsdottir TK, Weiss GE, Ghosh S, Crabb BS, Creek DJ, Gilson PR, de Koning-Ward TF
eLife. 2017 Mar; 6(pii):e23217
- The risk of global epidemic replacement with drug resistant M. tuberculosis strains.
McBryde ES, Meehan MT, Doan TN, Ragonnet R, Marais BJ, Guernier V, Trauer JM
Int J Infect Dis. 2017 Mar; 56:14-20
- Distinctive expression of Interleukin-23 receptor subunits on human Th17 and gammadelta T cells.
Wines BD, Yap ML, Powell MS, Tan PS, Ko KK, Orlowski E, Hogarth PM
Immunol Cell Biol. 2017 Mar; 95(3):272-279
- Measuring transitions in sexual risk among Men Who Have Sex With Men: The novel use of latent class and latent transition analysis in HIV sentinel surveillance.
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Tee BK, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
Am J Epidemiol. 2017 Mar; 185(8):627-635
- Multidetector (64+) Computed Tomography Angiography of the Lower Limb in Symptomatic Peripheral Arterial Disease: Assessment of Image Quality and Accuracy in a Tertiary Care Setting.
Lim JC, Ranatunga D, Owen A, Spelman T, Galea M, Chuen J, Lim RP
J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2017 Mar; 41(2):327-333
- Treatment scale-up to achieve global HCV incidence and mortality elimination targets: a cost-effectiveness model.
Scott N, McBryde ES, Thompson A, Doyle JS, Hellard ME
Gut. 2017 Mar; 66(8):1507-1515
- Peripheral artery disease: epidemiology and global perspectives.
Fowkes FG, Aboyans V, Fowkes FJ, McDermott MM, Sampson UK, Criqui MH
Nature Reviews Cardiology. 2017 Mar; 14(3):156-170
- The effects of needle-sharing and opioid substitution therapy on incidence of hepatitis C virus infection and reinfection in people who inject drugs.
Aitken CK, Agius PA, Higgs PG, Stoové MA, Bowden DS, Dietze PM
Epidemiol Infect. 2017 Mar; 145(4):796-801
February, 2017 (28)
- The potential benefit of scaling up malaria prevention to reduce low birth weight in Africa.
Beeson JG, Simpson JA
PLoS Med. 2017 Feb; 14(2):e1002244
- A haplotype spanning P2X7R, P2X4R and CAMKK2 may mark susceptibility to pulmonary non-tuberculous mycobacterial disease.
Halstrom S, Cherry CL, Black M, Thomson R, Goullee H, Baltic S, Allcock R, Temple SE, Price P
Immunogenetics. 2017 Feb; 69(5):287-293
- Nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors reduce HIV-1 virus production from latently infected resting CD4+ T cells following latency reversal.
Zerbato JM, Tachedjian G, Sluis-Cremer N
Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017 Feb; 61(3):e01736-16
- The role of respect in interactions with police among substance-using African refugee young people in Melbourne, Australia
Horyniak D, Higgs P, Cogger S, Dietze P
J Ethn Crim Just. 2017 Feb; 15(2):185-204
- Integrase-resistant HIV in an antiretroviral-naive patient in Australia.
Rafiei N, Woolley I, Korman TM, Chibo D, Gooey M, McMahon JH
AIDS. 2017 Feb; 31(4):598-600
- The cationic small molecule GW4869 is cytotoxic to high phosphatidylserine-expressing myeloma cells.
Vuckovic S, Vandyke K, Rickards DA, McCauley Winter P, Brown SH, Mitchell TW, Liu J, Lu J, Askenase PW, Yuriev E, Capuano B, Ramsland PA, Hill GR, Zannettino AC, Hutchinson AT
Br J Haematol. 2017 Feb; 177(3):423-440
- Naturally Acquired Binding-Inhibitory Antibodies to Plasmodium vivax Duffy Binding Protein in Pregnant Women Are Associated with Higher Birth Weight in a Multicenter Study.
Requena P, Arévalo-Herrera M, Menegon M, Martínez-Espinosa FE, Padilla N, Bôtto-Menezes C, Malheiro A, Hans D, Castellanos ME, Robinson L, Samol P, Kochar S, Kochar SK, Kochar DK, Desai M, Sanz S, Quintó L, Mayor A, Rogerson S, Mueller I, Severini C, Del Portillo HA, Bardají A, Chitnis CC, Menéndez C, Dobaño C
Front Immunol. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Kazakhstan can achieve ambitious HIV targets despite expected donor withdrawal by combining improved ART procurement mechanisms with allocative and implementation efficiencies.
Shattock AJ, Benedikt C, Bokazhanova A, Đurić P, Petrenko I, Ganina L, Kelly SL, Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Vinichenko T, Zhang S, Hamelmann C, Manova M, Masaki E, Wilson DP, Gray RT
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0169530
- The bacterial peptidoglycan-sensing molecules NOD1 and NOD2 promote CD8+ thymocyte selection.
Martinic MM, Caminschi I, O'Keeffe M, Thinnes TC, Grumont R, Gerondakis S, McKay DB, Nemazee D, Gavin AL
J Immunol. 2017 Feb; 198(7):2649-2660
- The Plasmodium rhoptry associated protein complex is important for parasitophorous vacuole membrane structure and intraerythrocytic parasite growth.
Ghosh S, Kennedy K, Sanders P, Matthews K, Ralph SA, Counihan NA, de Koning-Ward TF
Cell Microbiol. 2017 Feb; 19(8):e12733
- Integration of the cancer-related inflammatory response as a stratifying biomarker of survival in hepatocellular carcinoma treated with sorafenib.
Howell J, Pinato DJ, Ramaswami R, Arizumi T, Ferrari C, Gibbin A, Burlone ME, Guaschino G, Toniutto P, Black J, Sellers L, Kudo M, Pirisi M, Sharma R
Oncotarget. 2017 Feb; 8(22):36161-36170
- An optimized hepatitis C virus E2 glycoprotein core adopts a functional homodimer that efficiently blocks virus entry.
McCaffrey K, Boo I, Owczarek CM, Hardy MP, Perugini MA, Fabri L, Scotney P, Poumbourios P, Drummer HE
J Virol. 2017 Feb; 91(5):e01668
- Spatial patterns of multidrug resistant tuberculosis and relationships to socio-economic, demographic and household factors in northwest Ethiopia.
Alene KA, Viney K, McBryde ES, Clements AC
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0171800
- Haemolysis in G6PD heterozygous females treated with primaquine for Plasmodium vivax malaria: A nested cohort in a trial of radical curative regimens.
Chu CS, Bancone G, Moore KA, Win HH, Thitipanawan N, Po C, Chowwiwat N, Raksapraidee R, Wilairisak P, Phyo AP, Keereecharoen L, Proux S, Charunwatthana P, Nosten F, White NJ
PLoS Med. 2017 Feb; 14(2):e1002224
- Motivations for new psychoactive substance use among regular psychostimulant users in Australia.
Sutherland R, Bruno R, Peacock A, Lenton S, Matthews A, Salom C, Dietze P, Butler K, Burns L, Barratt MJ
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Feb; 43:23-32
- Limited provision of diagnostic services to Victorians living with hepatitis C antibodies, 2001-2012: a multi-level modelling analysis.
Snow K, Scott N, Clothier HJ, MacLachlan JH, Cowie B
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Feb; 41(2):193-198
- Diagnosis and treatment of Listeria monocytogenes endophthalmitis: A systematic review.
Chersich MF, Takkinen J, Charlier C, Leclercq A, Adams PE, Godbole G, Altmeyer U, Friesema IH, Labbé Sandelin L, Jenkin L, Fontana L, Aldigeri R, Venter F, Luchters SM, Lecuit M, Cimino L
Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- High levels of transmitted HIV drug resistance in a study in Papua New Guinea.
Lavu E, Kave E, Mosoro E, Markby J, Aleksic E, Gare J, Elsum IA, Nano G, Kaima P, Dala N, Gurung A, Bertagnolio S, Crowe SM, Myatt M, Hearps AC, Jordan MR
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0170265
- Relapse to opioid use occurs sooner in opioid dependent persons released from compulsory drug detention centres compared to voluntary methadone treatment centres in Malaysia.
Wegman MP, Altice FL, Kaur S, Rajandaran V, Osornprasop S, Wilson D, Wilson DP, Kamarulzaman A
Lancet Glob Health. 2017 Feb; 5(2):e198-e207
- Impact of vision impairment and self-reported barriers to vision care: The views of elders in Nuwara Eliya district, Sri Lanka.
Holmes W, Shajehan R, Kitnasamy S, Abeywickrama C, Arsath Y, Gnanaraj F, Inbaraj S, Jayakody G, Durrant K, Luchters S
Glob Public Health. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- A critical examination of the definition of 'psychoactive effect' in Australian drug legislation.
Barratt MJ, Seear K, Lancaster K
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Feb; 40:16-25
- Comparing non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis drug regimens for HIV: insights from a linked HIV surveillance system.
Pierce AB, El-Hayek C, McCarthy D, Armishaw J, Watson K, Wilkinson A, Price B, Wright EJ, Hoy JF, Stoové MA
Sex Health. 2017 Feb; 14(2):179-87
- Associations of occupational standing with musculoskeletal symptoms: a systematic review with meta-analysis.
Coenen P, Willenberg L, Parry S, Shi JW, Romero L, Blackwood DM, Maher CG, Healy GN, Dunstan DW, Straker LM
Br J Sports Med. 2017 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Targeted direct-acting antiviral treatment for chronic hepatitis C: a financial reality or an obstacle to elimination?
Hellard M, Pedrana A, Scott N
J Hepatol. 2017 Feb; 66(2):270-272
- Plasmodium vivax vaccine research - we've only just begun.
Tham WH, Beeson JG, Rayner JC
Int J Parsitol. 2017 Feb; 47(2-3):111-118
- HCV reinfection incidence among individuals treated for recent infection.
Martinello M, Grebely J, Petoumenos K, Gane E, Hellard M, Shaw D, Sasadeusz J, Applegate TL, Dore GJ, Matthews GV
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Feb; 24(5):359-370
- Host cell remodeling in malaria parasites: a new pool of potential drug targets.
Gilson PR, Chisholm SA, Crabb BS, de Koning-Ward TF
Int J Parasitol. 2017 Feb; 47(2-3):119-127
- Effectiveness of an integrated community- and clinic-based intervention on HIV testing, HIV knowledge, and sexual risk behavior of young men who have sex with men in Myanmar.
Aung PP, Ryan C, Bajracharya A, Pasricha N, Thein ZW, Agius PA, Sein TT, Willenberg L, Soe EM, Zaw NT, Tun W, Yam E, Luchters S
J Adolesc Health. 2017 Feb; 60(2S2):S45-S53
January, 2017 (27)
- A comparison of three quantitative methods to estimate G6PD activity in the Chittagong Hill Tracts, Bangladesh.
Ley B, Alam MS, O'Donnell JJ, Hossain MS, Kibria MG, Jahan N, Khan WA, Thriemer K, Chatfield MD, Price RN, Richards JS
PLoS One. 2017 Jan; 12(1):e0169930
- Feasibility of antiretroviral treatment monitoring in the era of decentralized HIV care: a systematic review.
Pham MD, Romero L, Parnell B, Anderson DA, Crowe SM, Luchters S
AIDS Res Ther19. 2017 Jan; 14(1):3
- On-target sorafenib toxicity predicts improved survival in hepatocellular carcinoma: a multi-centre, prospective study.
Howell J, Pinato DJ, Ramaswami R, Bettinger D, Arizumi T, Ferrari C, Yen C, Gibbin A, Burlone ME, Guaschino G, Sellers L, Black J, Pirisi M, Kudo M, Thimme R, Park JW, Sharma R
Alimentary Pharmacology and therapeutics. 2017 Jan; 45(8):1146-1155
- Optimization of 2-anilino 4-amino substituted quinazolines into potent antimalarial agents with oral in vivo activity.
Gilson PR, Tan C, Jarman KE, Lowes KN, Curtis JM, Nguyen W, Di Rago AE, Bullen HE, Prinz B, Duffy S, Baell JB, Hutton CA, Jousset Sabroux H, Crabb BS, Avery VM, Cowman AF, Sleebs BE
J Med Chem. 2017 Jan; 60(3):1171-1188
- High rates of multidrug-resistant and rifampicin-resistant tuberculosis among re-treatment cases: where do they come from?
Ragonnet R, Trauer JM, Denholm JT, Marais BJ, McBryde ES
BMC Infect Dis. 2017 Jan; 17(1):36
- Limited naturally occurring escape in broadly neutralizing antibody epitopes in hepatitis C glycoprotein E2 and constrained sequence usage in acute infection.
Rodrigo C, Walker MR, Leung P, Eltahla AA, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Dwivedi S, Bruneau J, Morris MD, Cox AL, Osburn W, Kim AY, Schinkel J, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Hellard M, Prins M, Luciani F, Lloyd AR, Bull RA; InC3 Study Group
Infect Genet Evol. 2017 Jan; 49:88-96
- Inhibition of placental mTOR signaling provides a link between placental malaria and reduced birthweight.
Dimasuay KG, Aitken EH, Rosario F, Njie M, Glazier J, Rogerson SJ, Fowkes FJ, Beeson JG, Powell T, Jansson T, Boeuf P
BMC Med. 2017 Jan; 15(1):1
- Investigating Differences Between Drugs Used in the Australian Night-Time Economy: Demographics, Substance Use, and Harm.
Pennay A, Jenkinson R, Quinn B, Droste NT, Peacock A, Lubman DI, Miller PG
Subst Use Misuse. 2017 Jan; 52(1):71-81
- Is IPT more effective in high-burden settings? Modelling the effect of tuberculosis incidence on IPT impact.
Ragonnet R, Trauer JM, McBryde ES, Houben RM, Denholm JT, Handel A, Sumner T
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2017 Jan; 21(1):60-66
- Analysis of resistance-associated substitutions in acute hepatitis C virus infection by deep sequencing across six genotypes and three continents.
Eltahla AA, Rodrigo C, Betz-Stablein B, Grebely J, Applegate T, Luciani F, Schinkel J, Dore GJ, Page K, Bruneau J, Morris MD, Cox AL, Kim AY, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Hellard M, Prins M, Lloyd AR, Bull RA; InC3 Study Group.
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jan; 24(1):37-42
- Relationships Between Integration and Drug Use Among Deported Migrants in Tijuana, Mexico.
Horyniak D, Pinedo M, Burgos JL, Ojeda VD.
J Immigr Minor Health. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Findings and lessons learnt from implementing Australia's first health service based take-home naloxone program.
Chronister KJ, Lintzeris N, Jackson A, Ivan M, Dietze P, Lenton S, Kearley J, van Beek I
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Phylogenetic analysis of full-length, early infection, hepatitis C virus genomes among people with intravenous drug use: the InC3 Study.
Rodrigo C, Eltahla AA, Bull RA, Luciani F, Grebely J, Dore GJ, Applegate T, Page K, Bruneau J, Morris MD, Cox AL, Osburn W, Kim AY, Shoukry NH, Lauer GM, Maher L, Schinkel J, Prins M, Hellard M, Lloyd AR; InC3 Collaborative
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jan; 24(1):43-52
- Increased glucose transporter-1 EXPRESSION on intermediate monocytes from HIV-infected women with subclinical cardiovascular disease.
Butterfield TR, Hanna DB, Kaplan RC, Kizer JR, Durkin HG, Young MA, Nowicki MJ, Tien PC, Golub ET, Floris-Moore MA, Titanji K, Fischl MA, Heath SL, Martinson J, Crowe SM, Palmer CS, Landay AL, Anzinger JJ
AIDS. 2017 Jan; 31(2):199-205
- HIV-1 Pr55Gag binds genomic and spliced RNAs with different affinity and stoichiometry.
Bernacchi S, Abd El-Wahab EW, Dubois N, Hijnen M, Smyth RP, Mak J, Marquet R, Paillart JC
RNA Biol. 2017 Jan; 14(1):90-103
- Decreased levels of platelet-derived soluble glycoprotein VI detected prior to the first diagnosis of coronary artery disease in HIV-positive individuals.
Trevillyan JM, Gardiner EE, Andrews RK, Maisa A, Hearps AC, Al-Tamimi M, Crowe SM, Hoy JF
Platelets. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A molecular transmission network of recent hepatitis C infection in people with and without HIV: Implications for targeted treatment strategies.
Bartlett SR, Wertheim JO, Bull RA, Matthews GV, Lamoury FM, Scheffler K, Hellard M, Maher L, Dore GJ, Lloyd AR, Applegate TL, Grebely J
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jan; 24(5):404-411
- Prevalence and risk factors of Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Trichomonas vaginalis and other sexually transmissible infections among women attending antenatal clinics in three provinces in Papua New Guinea: a cross-sectional survey.
Vallely LM, Toliman P, Ryan C, Rai G, Wapling J, Tomado C, Huliafi S, Munnull G, Rarau P, Phuanukoonnon S, Wand H, Siba P, Mola GD, Kaldor JM, Vallely AJ
Sex Health. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The core domain of hepatitis C virus glycoprotein E2 generates potent cross-neutralizing antibodies.
Vietheer P, Boo I, Gu J, McCaffrey K, Edwards S, Owczarek C, Hardy MP, Fabri L, Center RJ, Poumbourios P, Drummer HE
Hepatol. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Beliefs in antiretroviral treatment and self-efficacy in HIV management are associated with distinctive HIV treatment trajectories.
Mao L, de Wit J, Adam P, Post JJ, Slavin S, Cogle A, Wright E, Kidd M
AIDS Behav. 2017 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Treatment outcomes in patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Northwest Ethiopia.
Alene KA, Viney K, McBryde ES, Tesfahun A, Clements AC
Trop Med Int Health. 2017 Jan; 22(3):351-362
- Antibody-mediated targeting of antigen to C-type lectin-like receptors Clec9A and Clec12A elicits different vaccination outcomes.
Macri C, Dumont C, Panozza S, Lahoud MH, Caminschi I, Villadangos JA, Johnston AP, Mintern JD
Mol Immunol. 2017 Jan; 81:143-150
- CD14 is not involved in the uptake of synthetic CpG oligonucleotides.
Li J, Ahmet F, O'Keeffe M, Lahoud MH, Heath WR, Caminschi I
Mol Immunol. 2017 Jan; 81:52-58
- The management of infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis in young children post-2015: an opportunity to close the policy-practice gap.
Expert Rev Respir Med. 2017 Jan; 11(1):41-49
- The clinical role of circulating free tumor DNA in gastrointestinal malignancy.
Howell JA, Khan SA, Knapp S, Thursz MR, Sharma R
Transl Res. 2017 Jan; 183:137-154
- Commentary on Vrolijk et al. (2017): The paradox of the quality control problem.
Barratt MJ, Ritter A
Addiction. 2017 Jan; 112(1):101-102
- Recent insights into humoral immunity targeting Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax malaria.
Boyle MJ, Reiling L, Osier FH, Fowkes FJ
Int J Parasitol. 2017 Jan; 47(2-3):99-104
- HIV and AIDS
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Maternal and Child Health
- Immune Disease and Cancer
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Injecting Drug Use
- Healthy Ageing
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Young People's Health
- Justice Health
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance
- Influenza and Emerging Infectious Diseases