Donate today and join the fight to achieve global malaria elimination targets.
June, 2022 (1)
- Latent Class Analysis of Sexual Behaviours and Attitudes to Sexually Transmitted Infections Among Gay and Bisexual Men Using PrEP.
Traeger MW, Murphy D, Ryan KE, Asselin J, Cornelisse VJ, Wilkinson AL, Hellard ME, Wright EJ, Stoové MA
AIDS Behav. 2022 Jun; 26(6):1808-1820
May, 2022 (24)
- Trends in methamphetamine use, markets and harms in Australia, 2003-2019.
Man N, Sisson SA, McKetin R, Chrzanowska A, Bruno R, Dietze PM, Price O, Degenhardt L, Gibbs D, Salom C, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Engaging women and men in the gender-synchronised, community-based Mbereko+Men intervention to improve maternal mental health and perinatal care-seeking in Manicaland, Zimbabwe: A cluster-randomised controlled pragmatic trial.
Comrie-Thomson L, Webb K, Patel D, Wata P, Kapamurandu Z, Mushavi A, Nicholas MA, Agius PA, Davis J, Luchters S
J Glob Health. 2022 May; 12:04042
- Role of COVID-19 vaccine education in discharge planning to increase community vaccination coverage.
Tse WC, Fahey J, Doyle J, Hellard M, Howell J
Intern Med J. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Effect of COVID-19 restrictions and border closures on vaccine preventable diseases in Victoria, Australia, 2020-2021.
Bhatt P, Strachan J, Easton M, Franklin L, Drewett G
Commun Dis Intell (2018). 2022 May; 46:1-7
- The Use of Social Media as a Persuasive Platform to Facilitate Nutrition and Health Behavior Change in Young Adults: Web-Based Conversation Study.
Friedman VJ, Wright CJC, Molenaar A, McCaffrey T, Brennan L, Lim MSC
J Med Internet Res. 2022 May; 24(5):e28063
- Retreatment for hepatitis C virus direct acting antiviral therapy virological failure in primary and tertiary settings: the REACH-C cohort.
Carson JM, Hajarizadeh B, Hanson J, O'Beirne J, Iser D, Read P, Balcomb A, Davies J, Doyle JS, Yee J, Martinello M, Marks P, Matthews GV, Dore GJ; REACH-C Study Group
J Viral Hepat. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Assuring Bangladesh's future: non-communicable disease risk factors among the adolescents and the existing policy responses.
Biswas T, Azzopardi P, Anwar SN, de Vries TD, Encarnacion-Cruz LM, Hasan MM, Huda MM, Pervin S, Das Gupta R, Mitra DK, Rawal LB, Al Mamun A
J Health Popul Nutr. 2022 May; 41(1):22
- Trace Residue Identification, Characterization and Longitudinal Monitoring of the Novel Synthetic Opioid beta-U10, from Discarded Drug Paraphernalia.
West H, Fitzgerald JL, Hopkins KL, Leeming MG, DiRago M, Gerostamoulos D, Clark N, Dietze P, White JM, Ziogas J, Reid GE
Drug Test Anal. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Understanding the epidemiology, clinical characteristics, knowledge and barriers to treatment and prevention of malaria among returning international laborers in northern Vietnam: a mixed-methods study.
Edgel KA, Canavati S, Le HT, Tran TH, Van Nguyen K, Nguyen TV, Nguyen NT, Tran HM, Ngo TD, Tran DT, Nguyen BTH, Tran LK, Nguyen TM, Whedbee RJ, Milgotina EI, Martin NJ
BMC Infect Dis. 2022 May; 22(1):460
- The impact of opioid agonist treatment on hospitalisations for injecting-related diseases among an opioid dependent population: A retrospective data linkage study.
Colledge-Frisby S, Jones N, Larney S, Peacock A, Lewer D, Brothers TD, Hickman M, Farrell M, Degenhardt L
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2022 May; 236:109494
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis uptake and continuation among key populations in Cameroon: Lessons learned from the CHAMP program.
Ndenkeh JN, Bowring AL, Njindam IM, Folem RD, Hendji Fako GC, Ngueguim FG, Gayou OL, Lepawa K, Minka CM, Batoum CM, Georges S, Temgoua E, Nzima V, Kob DA, Akiy ZZ, Philbrick W, Levitt D, Curry D, Baral S
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Social Media and Online Digital Technology Use Among Muslim Young People and Parents: Qualitative Focus Group Study.
Douglass CH, Borthwick A, Lim MSC, Erbas B, Eren S, Higgs P
JMIR Pediatr Parent. 2022 May; 5(2):e36858
- Reaching people receiving opioid agonist therapy at community pharmacies with hepatitis C virus: An international randomised controlled trial.
Byrne CJ, Radley A, Inglis SK, Beer L, Palmer N, Duc Pham M, Allardice K, Wang H, Robinson E, Hermansson M, Semizarov D, Healy B, Doyle JS, Dillon JF
Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Evolution and spread of a highly drug resistant strain of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Papua New Guinea.
Bainomugisa A, Lavu E, Pandey S, Majumdar S, Banamu J, Coulter C, Marais B, Coin L, Graham SM, du Cros P
BMC Infect Dis. 2022 May; 22(1):437
- Mass drug administration of ivermectin, diethylcarbamazine, plus albendazole compared with diethylcarbamazine plus albendazole for reduction of lymphatic filariasis endemicity in Papua New Guinea: a cluster-randomised trial.
Laman M, Tavul L, Karl S, Kotty B, Kerry Z, Kumai S, Samuel A, Lorry L, Timinao L, Howard SC, Makita L, John L, Bieb S, Wangi J, Albert JM, Payne M, Weil GJ, Tisch DJ, Bjerum CM, Robinson LJ, King CL
Lancet Infect Dis. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Prevalence of alcohol and other drug use in patients presenting to hospital for fall-related injuries: a systematic review.
Lau G, Ang JY, Kim N, Gabbe BJ, Mitra B, Dietze PM, Reeder S, Beck B
Inj Prev. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- Feasibility of decentralised, task-shifted hepatitis C testing and treatment services in urban Myanmar: implications for scale-up.
Draper BL, Yee WL, Shilton S, Bowring A, Htay H, Nwe N, Markby J, Kyi KP, Easterbrook P, Naing W, Win TM, Aung KS, Howell J, Pedrana A, Hellard M
BMJ Open. 2022 May; 12(5):e059639
- Criminal Justice Involvement after Release from Prison following Exposure to Community Mental Health Services among People Who Use Illicit Drugs and Have Mental Illness: a Systematic Review.
Stewart AC, Cossar RD, Quinn B, Dietze P, Romero L, Wilkinson AL, Stoové M
J Urban Health. 2022 May; Epub ahead of print
- The role of naturally acquired antimalarial antibodies in subclinical Plasmodium spp. infection.
O'Flaherty K, Roe M, Fowkes FJI
J Leukoc Biol. 2022 May; 111(5):1097-1105
- The impact of point-of-care hepatitis C testing in needle and syringe exchange programs on linkage to care and treatment uptake among people who inject drugs: An Australian pilot study.
Howell J, Traeger MW, Williams B, Layton C, Doyle JS, Latham N, Draper B, Bramwell F, Membrey D, McPherson M, Roney J, Stoové M, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME, Pedrana A
J Viral Hepat. 2022 May; 29(5):375-384
- Cost-effectiveness of easy-access, risk-informed oral pre-exposure prophylaxis in HIV epidemics in sub-Saharan Africa: a modelling study.
Phillips AN, Bershteyn A, Revill P, Bansi-Matharu L, Kripke K, Boily MC, Martin-Hughes R, Johnson LF, Mukandavire Z, Jamieson L, Meyer-Rath G, Hallett TB, Ten Brink D, Kelly SL, Nichols BE, Bendavid E, Mudimu E, Taramusi I, Smith J, Dalal S, Baggaley R, Crowley S, Terris-Prestholt F, Godfrey-Faussett P, Mukui I, Jahn A, Case KK, Havlir D, Petersen M, Kamya M, Koss CA, Balzer LB, Apollo T, Chidarikire T, Mellors JW, Parikh UM, Godfrey C, Cambiano V; HIV Modelling Consortium.
Lancet HIV. 2022 May; 9(5):e353-e362
- Tracking the decline in Australian adolescent drinking into adulthood.
Livingston M, Callinan S, Vashishtha R, Yuen WS, Dietze P
Addiction. 2022 May; 117(5):1273-1281
- HIV prevention in a time of COVID-19: A report from the HIVR4P // Virtual conference 2021.
Laher F, Richardson SI, Smith P, Sullivan P, Abrahams AG, Asowata OE, Bitangumutwenzi P, Dabee S, Dollah A, Fernandez N, Langat RK, Bose DL, Likhitwonnawut U, Mullick R, Resop RS, Sutar J, Thompson-Hall AN, Traeger MW, Tuyishime M, Wambui J, Bekker LG, Kaleebu P, McCormack S, O'Connor DH, Warren M, Torri T, Thyagarajan B
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2022 May; 38(5):350-358
- Declining drinking among adolescents: Are we seeing a denormalisation of drinking and a normalisation of non-drinking?
Caluzzi G, Livingston M, Holmes J, MacLean S, Lubman D, Dietze P, Vashishtha R, Herring R, Pennay A
Addiction. 2022 May; 117(5):1204-1212
April, 2022 (26)
- Hepatitis C antibody testing among opioid agonist therapy recipients, Victoria, Australia, 2012 to 2020.
Dawe J, Wilkinson AL, Asselin J, Carter A, Pedrana A, Traeger MW, Thomas AJ, Curtis M, Cooper M, Howell J, Doyle JS, Hellard ME, Stoové M; EC Victoria Partnership and the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections (ACCESS).
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Apr; 104:103696
- The relationship between team dynamics with healthcare coordination and clinical work satisfaction among Commune Health Workers: A Bayesian model averaging study.
Ngo TT, Van Nguyen H, Pham TH, Van Nguyen T, Vu KD, Pham MD, Phung D, Thi Tran AN, Nguyen PT, Le PM, Thi Dao AM, Ngo HT, Van Hoang M.
Int J Health Plann Manage. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Pentavalent vaccination in Kenya: coverage and geographical accessibility to health facilities using data from a community demographic and health surveillance system in Kilifi County.
Ogero M, Orwa J, Odhiambo R, Agoi F, Lusambili A, Obure J, Temmerman M, Luchters S, Ngugi A
BMC Public Health. 2022 Apr; 22(1):826
- Age-based differences in quantity and frequency of consumption when screening for harmful alcohol use.
Callinan S, Livingston M, Dietze P, Gmel G, Room R
Addiction. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Factors associated with perceived decline in the quality of drugs during the COVID-19 pandemic: Evidence from community-recruited cohorts of people who use drugs in Vancouver, Canada.
Erica McAdam, Kanna Hayashi, Huiru Dong, Zishan Cui, Kali-Olt Sedgemore, Paul Dietze, Paige Phillips, Dean Wilson, M-J Milloy, Kora DeBeck
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2022 Apr; 236:109471
- Hepatitis B and pregnancy: understanding the experiences of care among pregnant women and recent mothers in metropolitan Melbourne.
Ahad M, Wallace J, Xiao Y, van Gemert C, Bennett G, Darby J, Desmond P, Hall S, Holmes J, Papaluca T, Glasgow S, Thompson A, Hellard M, Doyle J, Howell J
BMC Public Health. 2022 Apr; 22(1):817
- The Overdose Response with Take Home Naloxone (ORTHN) project: Evaluation of health worker training, attitudes and perceptions.
Monds LA, Bravo M, Mills L, Malcolm A, Gilliver R, Wood W, Harrod ME, Read P, Nielsen S, Dietze PM, Lenton S, Bleeker AM, Lintzeris N
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Double shifts, double trouble: Alcohol as a problematic panacea for working mothers.
Gabriel Caluzzi, Cassandra Wright, Emmanuel Kuntsche, Sherry H Stewart, Sandra Kuntsche
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Apr; 104:103699
- Preferences for HIV Testing Services and HIV Self-Testing Distribution Among Migrant Gay, Bisexual, and Other Men Who Have Sex With Men in Australia.
Zhang Y, Wiseman V, Applegate TL, Lourenco RA, Street DJ, Smith K, Jamil MS, Terris-Prestholt F, Fairley CK, McNulty A, Hynes A, Johnson K, Chow EPF, Bavinton BR, Grulich A, Stoové M, Holt M, Kaldor J, Guy R, Ong JJ
Front Med (Lausanne). 2022 Apr; 9:839479
- "Never let a good crisis go to waste": Positives from disrupted maternity care in Australia during COVID-19.
Kluwgant D, Homer C, Dahlen H
Midwifery. 2022 Apr; 110:103340
- Risk of sustained SARS-CoV-2 transmission in Queensland, Australia.
Sanz-Leon P, Stevenson NJ, Stuart RM, Abeysuriya RG, Pang JC, Lambert SB, Kerr CC, Roberts JA
Sci Rep. 2022 Apr; 12(1):6309
- Editorial: Cellular and Molecular Basis in Parasitic Diseases Control: Research Trends.
Mu J, Cao J, Feng G, Zhang Q
Front Cell Dev Biol. 2022 Apr; 10:897858
- The Plasmodium falciparum parasitophorous vacuole protein P113 interacts with the parasite protein export machinery and maintains normal vacuole architecture.
Bullen HE, Sanders PR, Dans MG, Jonsdottir TK, Riglar DT, Looker O, Palmer CS, Kouskousis B, Charnaud SC, Triglia T, Gabriela M, Schneider MP, Chan JA, de Koning-Ward TF, Baum J, Kazura JW, Beeson JG, Cowman AF, Gilson PR, Crabb BS
Mol Microbiol. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- PMRT1, a Plasmodium-Specific Parasite Plasma Membrane Transporter, Is Essential for Asexual and Sexual Blood Stage Development.
Wichers JS, Mesén-Ramírez P, Fuchs G, Yu-Strzelczyk J, Stäcker J, von Thien H, Alder A, Henshall I, Liffner B, Nagel G, Löw C, Wilson D, Spielmann T, Gao S, Gilberger TW, Bachmann A, Strauss J
mBio. 2022 Apr; 13(2):e0062322
- Antiretroviral initiation at >/=800 CD4+ cells/mm3 associated with lower HIV reservoir size.
Rasmussen TA, Ahuja SK, Kuwanda L, Vjecha MJ, Hudson F, Lal L, Rhodes A, Chang J, Palmer S, Auberson-Munderi P, Mugerwa H, Wood R, Badal-Faesen S, Pillay S, Mngqibisa R, LaRosa A, Hildago J, Petoumenos K, Chiu C, Lutaakome J, Kitonsa J, Kabaswaga E, Pala P, Ganoza C, Fisher K, Chang C, Lewin SR, Wright EJ
Clin Infect Dis. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Genital inflammatory status and the innate immune response to contraceptive initiation.
Radzey N, Harryparsad R, Meyer B, Chen PL, Gao X, Morrison C, Taku O, Williamson AL, Mehou-Loko C, d'Hellencourt FL, Buck G, Smit J, Strauss J, Nanda K, Ahmed K, Beksinska M, Serrano M, Bailey V, Masson L, Deese J
Am J Reprod Immunol. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Commentary on Skulberg et al.: Naloxone administration-finding the balance.
Jauncey M, Bartlett M, Roxburgh A
Addiction. 2022 Apr; 117(6):1668-1669
- Anti-Gametocyte Antigen Humoral Immunity and Gametocytemia During Treatment of Uncomplicated Falciparum Malaria: A Multi-National Study.
O'Flaherty K, Chan JA, Cutts JC, Zaloumis SG, Ashley EA, Phyo AP, Drew DR, Dondorp AM, Day NP, Dhorda M, Fairhurst RM, Lim P, Amaratunga C, Pukrittayakamee S, Hien TT, Htut Y, Mayxay M, Faiz MA, Mokuolu OA, Onyamboko MA, Fanello C, Takashima E, Tsuboi T, Theisen M, Nosten F, Beeson JG, Simpson JA, White NJ, Fowkes FJI.
Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2022 Apr; 12:804470
- The United Kingdom and the Netherlands maternity care responses to COVID-19: A comparative study.
van den Berg LMM, Balaam MC, Nowland R, Moncrief G, Topalidou A, Thompson S, Thomson G, de Jonge A, Downe S; ASPIRE-COVID19 Research Team (Including Caroline Homer)
Women Birth. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- More than three times as many Indigenous Australian clients at risk from drinking could be supported if clinicians used AUDIT-C instead of unstructured assessments.
Conigrave JH, Lee KSK, Haber PS, Vnuk J, Doyle MF, Conigrave KM
Addict Sci Clin Pract. 2022 Apr; 17(1):23
- STRIVE PNG: using a partnership-based approach in implementation research to strengthen surveillance and health systems in Papua New Guinea.
Farquhar R, Dori A, MacCana S, Tefuarani N, Lavu E, Barry A, Karl S, Makita L, Robinson L, Laman M
Health Res Policy Syst. 2022 Apr; 20(1):35
- The association of padded headgear with concussion and injury risk in junior Australian football: A prospective cohort study.
Makovec Knight J, Mitra B, McIntosh A, Howard TS, Clifton P, Makdissi M, Rosenfeld JV, Harcourt P, Willmott C
J Sci Med Sport. 2022 Apr; 25(4):312-320
- Mathematical modelling of the mosquito Aedes polynesiensis in a heterogeneous environment.
Heath K, Bonsall MB, Marie J, Bossin HC
Math Biosci. 2022 Apr; 348:108811
- COVID-19 vaccine wastage in the midst of vaccine inequity: causes, types and practical steps.
Lazarus JV, Abdool Karim SS, van Selm L, Doran J, Batista C, Ben Amor Y, Hellard M, Kim B, Kopka CJ, Yadav P
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Apr; 7(4)
- Perspectives on the use of modelling and economic analysis to guide HIV programmes in sub-Saharan Africa.
Modelling to Inform HIV Programmes in sub-Saharan Africa (MIHPSA) Working Group (including Kerr CC)
Lancet HIV. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Plasmodium vivax - How hidden reservoirs hinder global malaria elimination.
Angrisano F, Robinson LJ
Parasitol Int. 2022 Apr; 87:102526
March, 2022 (41)
- Integrating HPV vaccination programs with enhanced cervical cancer screening and treatment, a systematic review.
Wirtz C, Mohamed Y, Engel D, Sidibe A, Holloway M, Bloem P, Kumar S, Brotherton J, Reis V, Morgan C
Vaccine. 2022 Mar; 40(Suppl 1):A116-A123
- Health workers' and hospital administrators' perspectives on mistreatment of women during facility-based childbirth: a multicenter qualitative study in Ghana.
Adu-Bonsaffoh K, Tamma E, Maya E, Vogel JP, Tunçalp Ö, Bohren MA
Reprod Health. 2022 Mar; 19(1):82
- Quality of care for children with acute respiratory infections in health facilities: a comparative analysis of assessment tools.
Quach A, Tosif S, Graham SM, von Mollendorf C, Mulholland K, Graham H, Duke T, Russell FM; ARI Review group
J Glob Health. 2022 Mar; 12:10003
- Randomised controlled trial of active case management to link hepatitis C notifications to treatment in Tasmania, Australia: a study protocol.
Marukutira T, Moore KP, Hellard M, Richmond J, Turner K, Pedrana AE, Melody S, Johnston FH, Owen L, Van Den Boom W, Scott N, Thompson A, Iser D, Spelman T, Veitch M, Stoové MA, Doyle J
BMJ Open. 2022 Mar; 12(3):e056120
- Hepatitis C incidence among patients attending primary care health services that specialise in the care of people who inject drugs, Victoria, Australia, 2009 to 2020.
Wilkinson AL, van Santen DK, Traeger MW, Sacks-Davis R, Asselin J, Scott N, Harney BL, Doyle JS, El-Hayek C, Howell J, Bramwell F, McManus H, Donovan B, Stoové M, Hellard M, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Mar; 103:103655
- Monitoring Menstrual Health Knowledge: Awareness of Menstruation at Menarche as an Indicator.
Hennegan J, Swe ZY, Than KK, Smith C, Sol L, Alberda H, Bukenya JN, Kibira SPS, Makumbi FE, Schwab KJ, Azzopardi PS
Front Glob Womens Health. 2022 Mar; 3:832549
- Tuberculosis in Children and Adolescents: Progress and Perseverance.
Graham SM, Marais BJ, Amanullah F
Pathogens. 2022 Mar; 11(4):392
- Systematic review on the cost and cost-effectiveness of mHealth interventions supporting women during pregnancy.
Carrandi A, Hu Y, Karger S, Eddy KE, Vogel JP, Harrison CL, Callander E
Women Birth. 2022 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Treatment of Rifampicin-Resistant Tuberculosis Disease and Infection in Children: Key Updates, Challenges and Opportunities.
Howell P, Achar J, Huang GKL, Mariandyshev A, Schaaf HS, Garcia-Prats AJ
Pathogens. 2022 Mar; 11(4):381
- Diagnostic Challenges in Childhood Pulmonary Tuberculosis-Optimizing the Clinical Approach.
Gunasekera KS, Vonasek B, Oliwa J, Triasih R, Lancioni C, Graham SM, Seddon JA, Marais BJ
Pathogens. 2022 Mar; 11(4):382
- A pan-genotype hepatitis C virus viral vector vaccine generates T-cells and neutralizing antibodies in mice.
Donnison T, McGregor J, Chinnakannan S, Hutchings C, Center RJ, Poumbourios P, Klenerman P, Drummer HE, Barnes E
Hepatology. 2022 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Equity in antenatal care visits among adolescent mothers: An analysis of 54 country levels trend and projection of coverage from 2000 to 2030.
Rahman M, Hossain F, Islam R, Jung J, Mahmud SR, Hashizume M
J Glob Health. 2022 Mar; 12:04016
- Developing sero-diagnostic tests to facilitate Plasmodium vivax Serological Test-and-Treat approaches: modeling the balance between public health impact and overtreatment.
Obadia T, Nekkab N, Robinson LJ, Drakeley C, Mueller I, White MT
BMC Med. 2022 Mar; 20(1):98
- Understanding how to live with hepatitis B: a qualitative investigation of peer advice for Chinese people living with hepatitis B in Australia.
Wallace J, Xiao Y, Howell J, Thompson A, Allard N, Adamson E, Richmond J, Hajarizadeh B, Eagle M, Doyle J, Hellard M
BMC Public Health. 2022 Mar; 22(1):536
- Antenatal Doppler screening for fetuses at risk of adverse outcomes: a multicountry cohort study of the prevalence of abnormal resistance index in low-risk pregnant women.
Vannevel V, Vogel JP, Pattinson RC, Adanu R, Charantimath U, Goudar SS, Gwako G, Kavi A, Maya E, Osoti A, Pujar Y, Qureshi ZP, Rulisa S, Botha T, Oladapo OT
BMJ Open. 2022 Mar; 12(3):e053622
- Interventions to eliminate hepatitis C: which ones suit your community?
Wade AJ, Doyle JS
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2022 Mar; 7(5):383-384
- 'The Drug Survey App': a protocol for developing and validating an interactive population survey tool for drug use among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians
Conigrave JH, Wilson S, Conigrave KM, Chikritzhs T, Hayman N, Dawson A, Ali R, Perry J, Fitts MS, Degenhardt L, Doyle M, Egert S, Slade T, Ezard N, Dzidowska M, Lee KSK
Addict Sci Clin Pract. 2022 Mar; 17(1):17
- Barriers to accessing HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis for Medicare-ineligible people in Melbourne, Australia: analysis of patients attending the PrEPMe Clinic.
Cornelisse VJ, Armishaw J, Catton M, Murphy D, Wright EJ
Med J Aust. 2022 Mar; 216(6):320-321
- Perspectives of health and community stakeholders on community-delivered models of malaria elimination in Lao People's Democratic Republic: A qualitative study.
Oo MC, Phongluxa K, Oo WH, Kounnavong S, Xayyavong S, Louangphaxay C, Htike W, Cutts JC, Thu KM, Hkawng GN, Fowkes FJI
PLoS One. 2022 Mar; 17(3):e0264399
- Letter to the editor RE: Lake et al., 2022 comment on Fulford et al., 2021 'A point-of-care lateral flow assay for neutralizing antibodies against SARS-CoV-2'.
Anderson DA, Godfrey DI
EBioMedicine. 2022 Mar; 77:103899
- Health service utilisation and access for people who inject drugs during COVID-19.
Efunnuga H, Higgs P, Walker S, O'Keefe D
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Making child's play of tolerance: Defining the immune-viral interplay during combination entecavir and pegylated interferon therapy for immune tolerant hepatitis B infection.
Howell J, Hellard M
Hepatology. 2022 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Preventing a cluster from becoming a new wave in settings with zero community COVID-19 cases.
Abeysuriya RG, Delport D, Stuart RM, Sacks-Davis R, Kerr CC, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Hellard M, Scott N
BMC Infect Dis. 2022 Mar; 22(1):232
- Australian consensus recommendations for the management of hepatitis B.
Lubel JS, Strasser SI, Thompson AJ, Cowie BC, MacLachlan J, Allard NL, Holmes J, Kemp WW, Majumdar A, Iser D, Howell J, Matthews GV
Med J Aust. 2022 Mar; 216(9): 478-486
- Virus-Like Particles Containing the E2 Core Domain of Hepatitis C Virus Generate Broadly Neutralizing Antibodies in Guinea Pigs.
McGregor J, Hardy JM, Lay CS, Boo I, Piontek M, Suckow M, Coulibaly F, Poumbourios P, Center RJ, Drummer HE
J Virol. 2022 Mar; 96(5): e01675-21
- Quantification of the dynamics of antibody response to malaria to inform sero-surveillance in pregnant women.
Dharmaratne ADVTT, Dini S, O'Flaherty K, Price DJ, Beeson J, McGready R, Nosten F, Fowkes FJI, Simpson JA, Zaloumis SG
Malar J. 2022 Mar; 21(1):75
- HIV related stigma associated with social support, alcohol use disorders, depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation among people living with HIV: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Armoon B, Fleury MJ, Bayat AH, Fakhri Y, Higgs P, Moghaddam LF, Gonabadi-Nezhad L
Int J Ment Health Syst. 2022 Mar; 16(1):17
- Can malaria parasites be spontaneously cleared?
Roe MS, O'Flaherty K, Fowkes FJI
Trends Parasitol. 2022 Mar; 38(5):356-364
- "It's not just the hit itself": the social practice of injecting drug use among gay and bisexual men in Australia.
Schroeder SE, Bourne A, Doyle J, Stoove M, Hellard M, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Mar; 103:103642
- Australian women's experiences of receiving maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic: A cross-sectional national survey.
Wilson AN, Sweet L, Vasilevski V, Hauck Y, Wynter K, Kuliukas L, Szabo RA, Homer CSE, Bradfield Z
Birth. 2022 Mar; 49(1):30-39
- Reducing liver disease-related deaths in the Asia-Pacific: the important role of decentralised and non-specialist led hepatitis C treatment for cirrhotic patients.
Draper B, Yee WL, Pedrana A, Kyi KP, Qureshi H, Htay H, Naing W, Thompson AJ, Hellard M, Howell J
Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2022 Mar; 20:100359
- The influence region of origin, area of residence prior to migration, religion, and perceived discrimination on acculturation strategies among sub-Saharan African migrants in Australia.
Renzaho AMN, Mansouri F, Counted V, Polonsky M
J Internat Migrat Integrat. 2022 Mar; 23:141-160
- Reconceptualizing bacterial vaginosis treatment.
Masson L, Abrahams AG, Manhanzva MT
Nat Microbiol. 2022 Mar; 7(3):365-366
- Community perceptions and acceptability of mass drug administration for the control of neglected tropical diseases in Asia-Pacific countries: A systematic scoping review of qualitative research.
Mitchell E, Kelly-Hanku A, Krentel A, Romani L, Robinson LJ, Vaz Nery S, Kaldor J, Steer AC, Bell S
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2022 Mar; 16(3):e0010215
- WHO method for estimating congenital syphilis to inform surveillance and service provision, Paraguay.
Heath K, Alonso M, Aguilar G, Samudio T, Korenromp E, Rowley J, Suleiman A, Shwe YY, Htin KCW, Ishikawa N, Owiredu MN, Taylor M
Bull World Health Organ. 2022 Mar; 100(3):231-236
- An observational prospective cohort study of naloxone use at witnessed overdoses, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Ukraine.
Dietze P, Gerra G, Poznyak V, Campello G, Kashino W, Dzhonbekov D, Kiriazova T, Nikitin D, Terlikbayeva A, Krupchanka D, Busse A
Bull World Health Organ. 2022 Mar; 100(3):187-195
- Adolescent experiences of mistreatment during childbirth in health facilities: secondary analysis of a community-based survey in four countries.
Irinyenikan TA, Aderoba AK, Fawole O, Adeyanju O, Mehrtash H, Adu-Bonsaffoh K, Maung TM, Balde MD, Vogel JP, Plesons M, Chandra-Mouli V, Tunçalp Ö, Bohren MA
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Mar; 5(Suppl 2):e007954
- A profile of the Visitect(R) CD4 and Visitect(R) CD4 advanced disease for management of people living with HIV.
Pham MD, Stoove M, Crowe S, Luchters S, Anderson D`
Expert Rev Mol Diagn. 2022 Mar; 22(3):247-252
- A multi-site, nurse-coordinated hepatitis C model of care in primary care and community services in Melbourne, Australia.
Harney BL, Whitton B, Paige E, Brereton R, Weiss R, Membrey D, Wade AJ, Iser D, Kemp W, Roberts SK, Spelman T, Sacks-Davis R, Hellard ME, Doyle JS
Liver Int. 2022 Mar; 42(3):522-531
- Pregnancy in the time of COVID-19: what are the challenges for maternity care?
Hui L, Knight M, Edlow A, Homer C, Danchin M
Clin Chem. 2022 Mar; 68(3):385–391
- Emergency department presentations in the first weeks following release from prison among men with a history of injecting drug use in Victoria, Australia: A prospective cohort study.
Cossar RD, Stewart AC, Wilkinson AL, Dietze P, Ogloff JRP, Aitken C, Butler T, Kinner SA, Curtis M, Walker S, Kirwan A, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Mar; 101:103532
February, 2022 (32)
- Area-level social and economic factors and the local incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infections in Victoria during 2020.
Roder C, Maggs C, McNamara BJ, O'Brien D, Wade AJ, Bennett C, Pasco JA, Athan E
Med J Austr. 2022 Feb; 216(7):349-356
- Response to commentaries: (De)normalization of drinking and its implications for young people, sociality, culture and epidemiology.
Caluzzi G, Livingston M, Holmes J, MacLean S, Lubman DI, Dietze P, Vashishtha R, Herring R, Pennay A
Addiction. 2022 Feb; 117(5):1217-1219
- The Importance of Prisons in Achieving Hepatitis C Elimination: Insights from the Australian Experience.
Winter RJ, Holmes JA, Papaluca TJ, Thompson AJ
Viruses. 2022 Feb; 14(3):497
- Indonesian midwives' perspectives on changes in the provision of maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic: A qualitative study.
Hazfiarini A, Zahroh RI, Akter S, Homer CSE, Bohren MA
Midwifery. 2022 Feb; 108:103291
- PacBio long-read amplicon sequencing enables scalable high-resolution population allele typing of the complex CYP2D6 locus.
Charnaud S, Munro JE, Semenec L, Mazhari R, Brewster J, Bourke C, Ruybal-Pesántez S, James R, Lautu-Gumal D, Karunajeewa H, Mueller I, Bahlo M
Commun Biol. 2022 Feb; 5(1):168
- A revised mechanism for how Plasmodium falciparum recruits and exports proteins into its erythrocytic host cell.
Gabriela M, Matthews KM, Boshoven C, Kouskousis B, Jonsdottir TK, Bullen HE, Modak J, Steer DL, Sleebs BE, Crabb BS, Koning-Ward TF, Gilson PR
PLoS Pathog. 2022 Feb; 18(2):e1009977
- A Quantitative Approach to Unravel the Role of Host Genetics in IgG-FcgammaR Complex Formation After Vaccination.
Lemke MM, Theisen RM, Bozich ER, McLean MR, Lee CY, Lopez E, Rerks-Ngarm S, Pitisuttithum P, Nitayaphan S, Kratochvil S, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Kent SJ, Chung AW, Arnold KBKelly B Arnold
Front Immunol. 2022 Feb; 13:820148
- Health systems resilience in fragile and shock-prone settings through the prism of gender equity and justice: implications for research, policy and practice.
Mansour W, Arjyal A, Hughes C, Gbaoh ET, Fouad FM, Wurie H, Kyaw HK, Tartaggia J, Hawkins K, Than KK, Kallon LH, Saad MA, Chand O, Win PM, Yamout R, Regmi S, Baral S, Theobald S, Raven J
Confl Health. 2022 Feb; 16(1):7
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptability among people in Australia who inject drugs: Update from the 2021 Illicit Drug Reporting System interviews.
Price O, Dietze PM, Maher L, Crawford S, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Inequalities in women's utilization of postnatal care services in Bangladesh from 2004 to 2017.
Aziz S, Basit A, Sultana S, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
Sci Rep. 2022 Feb; 12(1):2747
- Structure of the Pf12 and Pf41 heterodimeric complex of Plasmodium falciparum 6-cysteine proteins.
Dietrich MH, Chan LJ, Adair A, Boulet C, O'Neill MT, Tan LL, Keremane S, Mok YF, Lo AW, Gilson P, Tham WH
FEMS Microbes. 2022 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Building the concept for WHO Evidence Considerations for Vaccine Policy (ECVP): Tuberculosis vaccines intended for adults and adolescents as a test case.
Kochhar S, Barreira D, Beattie P, Cavaleri M, Cravioto A, Frick MW, Ginsberg AM, Hudson I, Kaslow DC, Kurtz S, Lienhardt C, Madhi SA, Morgan C, Momeni Y, Patel D, Rees H, Rogalski-Salter T, Schmidt A, Semete-Makokotlela B, Voss G, White RG, Zignol M, Giersing B
Vaccine. 2022 Feb; 40(12):1681-1690
- Effectiveness of COVID-19 Vaccines against Delta Variant (B.1.617.2): A Meta-Analysis.
Mahumud RA, Ali MA, Kundu S, Rahman MA, Kamara JK, Renzaho AMN
Vaccines (Basel). 2022 Feb; 10(2):277
- Safety and efficacy of mass drug administration with a single-dose triple-drug regimen of albendazole + diethylcarbamazine + ivermectin for lymphatic filariasis in Papua New Guinea: An open-label, cluster-randomised trial.
Livingstone Tavul, Moses Laman, Cade Howard, Bethuel Kotty, Anna Samuel, Catherine Bjerum, Kobie O'Brian, Steven Kumai, Matthew Amuga, Lina Lorry, Zebedee Kerry, Melvin Kualawi, Stephan Karl, Leo Makita, Lucy N John, Sibauk Bieb, James Wangi, Gary J Weil, Charles W Goss, Daniel J Tisch, William Pomat, Christopher L King, Leanne J Robinson
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2022 Feb; 16(2):e0010096
- Cell biological analysis reveals an essential role for Pfcerli2 in erythrocyte invasion by malaria parasites.
Liffner B, Balbin JM, Shami GJ, Siddiqui G, Strauss J, Frölich S, Heinemann GK, Edwards EM, Alder A, Wichers JS, Creek DJ, Tilley L, Dixon MWA, Gilberger TW, Wilson DW
Commun Biol. 2022 Feb; 5(1):121
- Nanobiotechnology approaches for cardiovascular diseases: site-specific targeting of drugs and nanoparticles for atherothrombosis.
Liu H, Pietersz G, Peter K, Wang X
J Nanobiotechnology. 2022 Feb; 20(1):75
- Depression, anxiety and posttraumatic stress disorder six months following preeclampsia and normotensive pregnancy: a P4 study.
Roberts L, Henry A, Harvey SB, Homer CSE, Davis GK
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2022 Feb; 22(1):108
- Modelling the impact of reopening schools in the UK in early 2021 in the presence of the alpha variant and with roll-out of vaccination against SARS-CoV-2.
J Panovska-Griffiths, R M Stuart, C C Kerr, K Rosenfield, D Mistry, W Waites, D J Klein, C Bonell, R M Viner
J Math Anal Appl. 2022 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Access to, and experiences of, maternity care for women with physical disabilities: A scoping review.
Blair A, Cao J, Wilson A, Homer C
Midwifery. 2022 Feb; 107:103273
- Global diversity and balancing selection of 23 leading Plasmodium falciparum candidate vaccine antigens.
Naung MT, Martin E, Munro J, Mehra S, Guy AJ, Laman M, Harrison GLA, Tavul L, Hetzel M, Kwiatkowski D, Mueller I, Bahlo M, Barry AE
PLoS Comput Biol. 2022 Feb; 18(2):e1009801
- Infection prevention and care bundles addressing health care-associated infections in neonatal care in low-middle income countries: a scoping review.
Molina García A, Cross JH, Fitchett EJA, Kawaza K, Okomo U, Spotswood NE, Chiume M, Ezeaka VC, Irimu G, Salim N, Molyneux EM, Lawn JE; with the NEST360 Infection Prevention, Detection and Care Collaborative Group.
EClinicalMedicine. 2022 Feb; 44:101259
- Updated guidelines for child and adolescent TB.
S M Graham, F Amanullah
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2022 Feb; 26(2):81-84
- Integration of other services with human papillomavirus vaccination; lessons from earlier in the life course highlight the need for new policy and implementation evidence.
Morgan C, Giattas MR, Holroyd T, Pfitzer A, Engel D, Sidibe A, Holloway M, Bloem P, Fields R, Shimp L, Kumar S
Vaccine. 2022 Feb; 40:A94-A99
- Economic burden of female genital mutilation in 27 high-prevalence countries
Tordrup D, Bishop C, Green N, Petzold M, Vallejo FR, Vogel JP, Pallitto C
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Feb; 7(2):e004512
- Factors affecting use of magnesium sulphate for pre-eclampsia or eclampsia: a qualitative evidence synthesis.
Eddy KE, Vogel JP, Islamiah Zahroh R, Bohren MA
BJOG. 2022 Feb; 129(3):379-391
- Understanding preferences for type of take-home naloxone device: international qualitative analysis of the views of people who use opioids.
Neale J, Farrugia A, Campbell AN, Dietze P, Dwyer R, Fomiatti R, Jones JD, Comer SD, Fraser S, Strang J
Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy. 2022 Feb; 29(2):109-120
- Turning the tide on hepatitis C-related liver transplantation: the return on investment in hepatitis C treatment in Australia and New Zealand.
Howell J, Majumdar A, Fink M, Byrne M, McCaughan G, Strasser SI, Crawford M, Hodgkinson P, Stuart KA, Tallis C, Chen J, Wigg A, Jones R, Jaques B, Jeffrey G, Adams L, Wallace MC, Munn S, Gane E, Thompson A, Gow P
Liver Transpl. 2022 Feb; 28(2):236-246
- An antigenically diverse, representative panel of envelope glycoproteins for HCV vaccine development.
Salas JH, Urbanowicz RA, Guest JD, Frumento N, Figueroa A, Clark KE, Keck Z, Cowton VM, Cole SJ, Patel AH, Fuerst TR, Drummer HE, Major M, Tarr AW, Ball JK, Law M, Pierce BG, Foung SKH, Bailey JR
Gastroenterology. 2022 Feb; 162(2):562-574
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptability among people in Australia who inject drugs: Implications for vaccine rollout.
Dietze PM, Hall C, Price O, Stewart AC, Crawford S, Peacock A, Maher L
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Feb; 41(2):484-487
- Alcohol consumption and illicit drug use among young music festival attendees in Australia
Douglass CH, Raggatt, M, Wright CJC, Reddan H, O'Connell H, Lim MSC, Dietze PM
Drugs - Educt Prevent Pol. 2022 Feb; 29(2):175-181
- Does naloxone provision lead to increased substance use? A systematic review to assess if there is evidence of a 'moral hazard' associated with naloxone supply.
Tse WC, Djordjevic F, Borja V, Picco L, Lam T, Olsen A, Larney S, Dietze P, Nielsen S
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Feb; 100:103513
- Critical timing and extent of public health interventions to control outbreaks dominated by SARS-CoV-2 variants in Australia: a mathematical modelling study.
Zou Z, Fairley CK, Shen M, Scott N, Xu X, Li Z, Li R, Zhuang G, Zhang L
Int J Infect Dis. 2022 Feb; 115:154-165
January, 2022 (75)
- Intent to Be Vaccinated against COVID-19 in Victoria, Australia.
Heath K, Altermatt A, Saich F, Pedrana A, Fletcher-Lartey S, Bowring AL, Stoové M, Danchin M, Kaufman J, Gibney KB, Hellard M
Vaccines (Basel). 2022 Jan; 10(2)
- The who and what of women's drinking: Examining risky drinking and associated socio-demographic factors among women aged 40-65 years in Australia.
Miller M, Mojica-Perez Y, Livingston M, Kuntsche E, Wright CJC, Kuntsche S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(4):724-731
- First Nations Australians' self-determination in health and alcohol policy development: a Delphi study.
Stearne AE, Lee KSK, Allsop S, Shakeshaft A, Wright M
Health Res Policy Syst. 2022 Jan; 20(1):12
- Private provider incentives in health care: The case of caesarean births.
Yu S, Fiebig DG, Viney R, Scarf V, Homer C
Soc Sci Med. 2022 Jan; 294:114729
- Exploring stigma associated with mental health conditions and alcohol and other drug use among people from migrant and ethnic minority backgrounds: a protocol for a systematic review of qualitative studies.
Douglass CH, Lim MSC, Block K, Onsando G, Hellard M, Higgs P, Livingstone C, Horyniak D
Syst Rev. 2022 Jan; 11(1):12
- Young Adults' Use of Different Social Media Platforms for Health Information: Insights From Web-Based Conversations.
Lim MSC, Molenaar A, Brennan L, Reid M, McCaffrey T
J Med Internet Res. 2022 Jan; 24(1):e23656
- The feasibility of a drug consumption room in the Australian Capital Territory.
Kirwan A, Winter R, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Curtis M, Gough C, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Do Community-based Livelihood Interventions Affect Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Young People in Slum Areas of Uganda: a Difference-in-difference with Kernel Propensity Score Matching Analysis.
Renzaho AMN, Kamara JK, Doh D, Bukuluki P, Mahumud RA, Galukande M
J Urban Health. 2022 Jan; 99:164–189
- More than saving lives: Qualitative findings of the UNODC/WHO Stop Overdose Safely (S-O-S) project.
Walker S, Dietze P, Poznyak V, Campello G, Kashino W, Dzhonbekov D, Kiriazova T, Nikitin D, Terlikbayeva A, Nevendorff L, Busse A, Krupchanka D
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 100:103482
- An accurate method for identifying recent recombinants from unaligned sequences.
Feng Q, Tiedje KE, Ruybal-Pesántez S, Tonkin-Hill G, Duffy MF, Day KP, Shim H, Chan YB
Bioinformatics. 2022 Jan; 38(7):1823-1829
- Population-level genome-wide STR discovery and validation for population structure and genetic diversity assessment of Plasmodium species.
Han J, Munro JE, Kocoski A, Barry AE, Bahlo M
PLoS Genet. 2022 Jan; 18(1):e1009604
- [Potential challenges for large-scale uses of RTS, S/AS01 vaccine in malaria-endemic areas].
Chin J Schistosomiasis Control. 2022 Jan; 33(6):553-554
- The Australian living guidelines for the clinical care of people with COVID-19: What worked, what didn't and why, a mixed methods process evaluation.
Turner T, Elliott J, Tendal B, Vogel JP, Norris S, Tate R, Green S; National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce.
PLoS One. 2022 Jan; 17(1):e0261479
- A Web-Based Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Program (Strong & Deadly Futures) for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander School Students: Protocol for a Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial.
Stapinski L, Routledge K, Snijder M, Doyle M, Champion K, Chapman C, Ward J, Baumgart A, Lee KSK, Teesson M, Newton N
JMIR Res Protoc. 2022 Jan; 11(1):e34530
- "It's a revolving door": Ego-depletion among prisoners with injecting drug use histories as a barrier to post-release success.
Schroeder SE, Drysdale K, Lafferty L, Baldry E, Marshall AD, Higgs P, Dietze P, Stoové M, Treloar C
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 101:103571
- Vector composition, abundance, biting patterns and malaria transmission intensity in Madang, Papua New Guinea: assessment after 7 years of an LLIN-based malaria control programme.
Keven JB, Katusele M, Vinit R, Rodríguez-Rodríguez D, Hetzel MW, Robinson LJ, Laman M, Karl S, Walker ED
Malar J. 2022 Jan; 21(1):7
- Prevalence of common mental disorders in adult Syrian refugees resettled in high income Western countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Nguyen TP, Guajardo MGU, Sahle BW, Renzaho AMN, Slewa-Younan S
BMC Psychiatry. 2022 Jan; 22(1):15
- Switching of opioid agonist treatment modality during imprisonment: A novel marker for increased support need during and following release from prison.
Curtis M, Berk J, Larney S, Rich JD, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 100:103572
- Exploring hepatitis C virus testing and treatment engagement over time in Melbourne, Australia: a study protocol for a longitudinal cohort study (EC-Experience Cohort study).
O'Keefe D, Gunn J, Ryan K, Djordjevic F, Kerr P, Gold J, Elsum I, Layton C, Chan K, Dietze P, Higgs P, Doyle J, Stoové MA, Hellard M, Pedrana AE
BMJ Open. 2022 Jan; 12(1):e057618
- Impact of vaccination and non-pharmaceutical interventions on SARS-CoV-2 dynamics in Switzerland.
Shattock AJ, Le Rutte EA, Robert P Dünner RP, Sen S, Kelly SL, Chitnis N, Penny MA
Epidemics. 2022 Jan; 38:100535
- Pacific island nations face an urgent need for actions and future research on COVID-19.
Gay N, van Gemert C, Merilles OE Jr, Georgel P
Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2022 Jan; 18:100326
- Drink driving among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians: What has been done and where to next?
Fitts MS, Burchill R, Wilson S, Palk GR, Clough AR, Conigrave KM, Slade T, Shakeshaft A, Lee KSK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Barriers to women's disclosure of and treatment for substance use during pregnancy: A qualitative study.
Oni HT, Drake JA, Dietze P, Higgs P, Islam MM
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A summary of the sixth International Workshop on Microbiome in HIV Pathogenesis, Prevention and Treatment.
Sherrill-Mix S, Yang M, Aldrovandi GM, Brenchley J, Bushman F, Collman R, Dandekar S, Klatt NR, Lagenaur LA, Landay A, Paredes R, Tachedjian G, Turpin JA, Serrano-Villar S, Lozupone C, Ghosh M
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2022 Jan; 38(3):173-180
- World Health Organization and knowledge translation in maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition.
STAGE (Strategic Technical Advisory Group of Experts), Duke T, AlBuhairan FS, Agarwal K, Arora NK, Arulkumaran S, Bhutta ZA, Binka F, Castro A, Claeson M, Dao B, Darmstadt GL, English M, Jardali F, Merson M, Ferrand RA, Golden A, Golden MH, Homer C, Jehan F, Kabiru CW, Kirkwood B, Lawn JE, Li S, Patton GC, Ruel M, Sandall J, Sachdev HS, Tomlinson M, Waiswa P, Walker D, Zlotkin S
Arch Dis Child. 2022 Jan; E
- Cohort Profile: The Melbourne Injecting Drug User Cohort Study (SuperMIX).
Van Den Boom W, Quiroga MDM, O'Keefe D, Kumar D, Hill PL, Scott N, Agius PA, Higgs P, Kerr T, Maher L, Hickman M, Stoové M, Dietze P
Int J Epidemiol. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- 'What makes up wine o'clock? Understanding social practices involved in alcohol use among women aged 40-65 years in Australia.
Wright CJC, Miller M, Kuntsche E, Kuntsche S.
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 101:103560
- Adults with Plasmodium falciparum malaria have higher magnitude and quality of circulating T-follicular helper cells compared to children.
Oyong DA, Loughland JR, Soon MSF, Chan JA, Andrew D, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Olver SD, Collinge AD, Varelias A, Beeson JG, Kenangalem E, Price RN, Anstey NM, Minigo G, Boyle MJ
EBioMedicine. 2022 Jan; 75:103784
- Screening for risky drinkers among hospitalised inpatients using the AUDIT: A feasibility, point prevalence and data linkage study.
O'Brien H, Di Rico R, Dean E, Smoker G, Lloyd-Jones M, McKechnie M, Dietze PM, Doyle JS
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Brand inequity in access to COVID-19 vaccines.
Sheel M, McEwen S, Davies SE
Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2022 Jan; 18:100366
- The role of parental control and support in declining adolescent drinking: A multi-level study across 30 European countries.
Vashishtha R, Pennay A, Dietze PM, Livingston M
Alcoho; Alcohol. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Inter-relationships among key reproductive health indicators in sub-Saharan Africa focusing on the central role of maternal literacy.
Woldegiorgis MA, Meyer D, Hiller JE, Mekonnen W, Bhowmik J
Int Health. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Enhancing quality midwifery care in humanitarian and fragile settings: a systematic review of interventions, support systems and enabling environments.
Homer CS, Turkmani S, Wilson AN, Vogel JP, Shah MG, Fogstad H, Langlois EV
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Jan; 7(1)
- Real-world monitoring progress towards the elimination of hepatitis C virus in Australia using sentinel surveillance of primary care clinics; an ecological study of hepatitis C virus antibody tests from 2009 to 2019.
Wilkinson AL, Pedrana A, Traeger MW, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Nguyen L, Polkinghorne V, Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Howell J, Scott N, Dimech W, Guy R, Hellard M, Stoové M; EC Victoria Partnership and the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections (ACCESS)
Epidemiol Infect. 2022 Jan; 150:e7
- SPECIAL ISSUE HIV and CHRONIC PAIN (The Global Task Force for Chronic Pain in People with HIV (PWH): Developing a research agenda in an emerging field).
Merlin JS, Hamm M, de Abril Cameron F, Baker V, Brown DA, Cherry CL, Edelman EJ, Evangeli M, Harding R, Josh J, Kemp HI, Lichius C, Madden VJ, Nkhoma K, O'Brien KK, Parker R, Rice A, Robinson-Papp J, Sabin CA, Slawek D, Scott W, Tsui JI, Uebelacker LA, Wadley AL, Goodin BR
AIDS Care. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Small, slim, sleek, and familiar: user experiences with an ION wearable research alpha prototype transdermal alcohol monitor.
\Wright CJC, Miller M, van Egmond K, Caluzzi G, Anderson-Luxford D, Pennay A, Kuntsche E
Addict Res Theory. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Midwives' experiences of providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia.
Bradfield Z, Hauck Y, Homer CSE, Sweet L, Wilson AN, Szabo RA, Wynter K, Vasilevski V, Kuliukas L
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; 35(3):262-271
- Drug injection in Iranian prisons: evidence from the National Rapid Assessment and Response (RAR) survey, 2017
Karimi SE, Vameghi M, Roshanfekr P, Ahmadi S, Ali D, Higgs P
J Subst Use. 2022 Jan; 27(3): 272-276
- Coming of age: 21 years of providing opioid substitution treatment within an Aboriginal community-controlled primary health service.
Freeburn B, Loggins S, Lee KSK, Conigrave KM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(1):260-264
- The risk and protective factors for suicidal burden among 251 763 school-based adolescents in 77 low- and middle-income to high-income countries: assessing global, regional and national variations.
Mahumud RA, Dawson AJ, Chen W, Biswas T, Keramat SA, Morton RL, Renzaho AMN
Psychol Med. 2022 Jan; 52(2):379-397
- Social impacts of living with chronic hepatitis B in South Sudanese community in Australia.
Mude WW, Fisher CM, Richmond J, Gautier RL, Wallace J
Ethn Health. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print:1-13
- Understanding 'risk' in families living with mixed blood-borne viral infection status: The doing and undoing of 'difference'.
Persson A, Smith AK, Wallace J, Valentine K, Bryant J, Hamilton M, Newman CE
Health. 2022 Jan; 26(3):284-301
- Zero-alcohol beverages: Harm-minimisation tool or gateway drink?
Miller M, Pettigrew S, Wright CJC
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(3):546-549
- Receiving maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic: Experiences of women's partners and support persons.
Vasilevski V, Sweet L, Bradfield Z, Wilson AN, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wynter K
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; 35(3):298-306
- Role of anti-HBs in functional cure of HBeAg+ chronic hepatitis B patients infected with HBV genotype A.
Xu H, Locarnini S, Wong D, Hammond R, Colledge D, Soppe S, Huynh T, Shaw T, Thompson AJ, Revill PA, Hogarth PM, Wines BD, Walsh R, Warner N
J Hepatol. 2022 Jan; 76(1):34-45
- Comparison of routine blood alcohol tests and ICD-10-AM coding of alcohol involvement for major trauma patients.
Lau G, Gabbe BJ, Mitra B, Dietze PM, Braaf S, Beck B
Health Inf Manag. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The economics of sex work and major sporting events: Learning from the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Kazungu J, Richter M, Luchters S, Chersich MF, Quaife M
Soc Sci Humanit Open. 2022 Jan; 5(1):100251
- Examining trends in the representation of young people and alcohol in Australian newspapers over twenty years (2000-2019).
Pennay A, Cook M, MacLean S, Lubman DI, Dietze P, Herring R, Caluzzi G, Vashishtha R, Livingston M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 99:103461
- Childbearing women's experiences of the maternity care system in Australia during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sweet L, Wilson AN, Bradfield Z, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wynter K, Vasilevski V
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; 35(3):223-231
- Correlates of anxiety and depression in a community cohort of people who smoke methamphetamine.
Duncan Z, Kippen R, Sutton K, Ward B, Agius PA, Quinn B, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print:48674211048152
- Psychiatric well-being among men leaving prison reporting a history of injecting drug use: A longitudinal analysis.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Wilkinson AL, Scott N, Dietze P, Quinn B, Kinner SA, Aitken C, Walker S, Curtis M, Butler T, Ogloff JRP, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print:48674211048143
- It is time for us all to embrace person-centred language for people in prison and people who were formerly in prison.
Harney BL, Korchinski M, Young P, Scow M, Jack K, Linsley P, Bodkin C, Brothers TD, Curtis M, Higgs P, Mead TS, Hart A, Kilroy D, Bonn M, Bartlett SR
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 99:103455
- Cost effectiveness of simplified HCV screening-and-treatment interventions for people who inject drugs in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
Mohamed Z, Scott N, Nayagam S, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Thursz MR, Brown AS, Hellard M, Lemoine M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 99:103458
- Predictors of length of treatment, discharge reason, and re-admission to Aboriginal alcohol and other drug residential rehabilitation services in New South Wales, Australia.
James DB, Lee KSK, Dronavalli M, Courtney RJ, Conigrave KM, Conigrave JH, Shakeshaft A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(3):603-615
- 'We are going into battle without appropriate armour': A qualitative study of Indonesian midwives' experiences in providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hazfiarini A, Akter S, Homer CSE, Zahroh RIR, Bohren MA
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The Incidence of Hepatitis C Among Gay, Bisexual, and Other Men Who Have Sex With Men in Australia, 2009-2019.
Harney BL, Sacks-Davis R, van Santen DK, Traeger M, Wilkinson AL, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Bloch M, Matthews G, Donovan B, Guy R, Stoové M, Hellard ME, Doyle JS; Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of Sexually Transmissible Infections and Blood-borne Viruses (ACCESS).
Clin Infect Dis. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of the Prevent Alcohol and Risk-Related Trauma in Youth Program in Reducing Alcohol-Related Harms in Young Naval Trainees.
Watterson JR, Gabbe B, Rosenfeld JV, Ball H, Romero L, Dietze P
Mil Med. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- High effectiveness of broad access direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C in an Australian real-world cohort: The REACH-C Study
Yee J, Carson JM, Hajarizadeh B, Hanson J, O'Beirne J, Iser D, Read P, Balcomb A, Doyle JS, Davies J, Martinello M, Marks P, Dore GJ, Matthews GV; REACH-C Study Group.
Hepatol Commun. 2022 Jan; 6(3):496-512
- An examination of the role of changes in country-level leisure time internet use and computer gaming on adolescent drinking in 33 European countries.
Vashishtha R, Holmes J, Pennay A, Dietze PM, Livingston M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 100:103508
- Indigenous Australian drinking risk: Comparing risk categorisations based on recall of recent drinking occasions to AUDIT-C screening in a representative sample.
Conigrave JH, Conigrave KM, Wilson S, Lee KSK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(3):616-624
- The global and regional burden of sexual behaviours and food insecurity and their combined association on the magnitude of suicidal behaviours among 121,248 adolescent girls: An international observational study in 67 low- and middle-income and high-income countries.
Mahumud RA, Rahman MA, Gow J, Kamara JK, Koly KN, Shahjalal M, Law CK, Hossain MG, Renzaho AMN
J Affect Disord. 2022 Jan; 298:481-491
- Country or region of birth and hospital admission for mental disorders after birth: A study based on population data of New South Wales, Australia, 2003-2009.
Zhao Y, Zhao J, Xu F, Boyce P, Homer CSE
Asia Pac J Public Health. 2022 Jan; 34(2-3):255-257
- The cost and impact of distributing naloxone to people who are prescribed opioids to prevent opioid-related deaths: findings from a modelling study.
Nielsen S, Scott N, Tidhar T, Quiroga MDM, Lenton S, Dietze P
Addiction. 2022 Jan; 117(4):1009-1019
- Initial Experience with the NAVIO Robotic-Assisted Total Knee Replacement-Coronal Alignment Accuracy and the Learning Curve.
Collins K, Agius PA, Fraval A, Petterwood J
J Knee Surg. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Midwifery continuity of care and vaginal birth after caesarean section: A randomised controlled trial.
Homer CSE, Davis DL, Mollart L, Turkmani S, Smith RM, Bullard M, Leiser B, Foureur M
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; 35(3):e294-e301
- Outcomes to measure the effects of pharmacological interventions for pain management for women during labour and birth: A review of systematic reviews and randomised trials.
Tan A, Wilson AN, Eghrari D, Clark H, Tse WC, Bohren MA, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
BJOG. 2022 Jan; 129(6):845-854
- Awareness, Value and Use of the Australian living guidelines for the clinical care of people with COVID-19: An impact evaluation.
Millard T, Elliott JH, Green S, Tendal B, Vogel JP, Norris S, Tate R, Turner T; National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce.
J Clin Epidemiol. 2022 Jan; 143:11-21
- Promoting adolescent health through integrated human papillomavirus vaccination programs: The experience of Togo.
Engel D, Afeli ADJ, Morgan C, Zeck W, Ross DA, Vyankandondera J, Bloem P, Adjeoda KR
Vaccine. 2022 Jan; 40(Suppl 1):A100-A106
- The effectiveness of interventions on nutrition social behaviour change communication in improving child nutritional status within the first 1000 days: Evidence from a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Mahumud RA, Uprety S, Wali N, Renzaho AMN, Chitekwe S
Matern Child Nutr. 2022 Jan; 18(1):e13286
- The EASL-Lancet Liver Commission: protecting the next generation of Europeans against liver disease complications and premature mortality.
Karlsen TH, Sheron N, Zelber-Sagi S, Carrieri P, Dusheiko G, Bugianesi E, Pryke R, Hutchinson SJ, Sangro B, Martin NK, Cecchini M, Dirac MA, Belloni A, Serra-Burriel M, Ponsioen CY, Sheena B, Lerouge A, Devaux M, Scott N, Hellard M, Verkade HJ, Sturm E, Marchesini G, Yki-Järvinen H, Byrne CD, Targher G, Tur-Sinai A, Barrett D, Ninburg M, Reic T, Taylor A, Rhodes T, Treloar C, Petersen C, Schramm C, Flisiak R, Simonova MY, Pares A, Johnson P, Cucchetti A, Graupera I, Lionis C, Pose E, Fabrellas N, Ma AT, Mendive JM, Mazzaferro V, Rutter H, Cortez-Pinto H, Kelly D, Burton R, Lazarus JV, Ginès P, Buti M, Newsome PN, Burra P, Manns MP
Lancet. 2022 Jan; 399(10319):61-116
- Care of older people and people requiring palliative care with COVID-19: guidance from the Australian National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce.
Cheyne S, Lindley RI, Smallwood N, Tendal B, Chapman M, Fraile Navarro D, Good PD, Jenkin P, McDonald S, Morgan D, Murano M, Millard T, Naganathan V, Srikanth V, Tuffin P, Vogel J, White H, Chakraborty SP, Whiting E, William L, Yates PM, Callary M, Elliott J, Agar MR; National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce.
Med J Aust. 2022 Jan; 216(4):203-208
- Patterns of drinking in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as self-reported on the Grog Survey App: A representative urban and remote sample.
Zheng C, Conigrave JH, Conigrave KM, Wilson S, Perry J, Chikritzhs TN, Fitts MS, Lee KSK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2022 Jan; 41(1):114-124
- Costs and impact on HIV transmission of a switch from a criminalisation to a public health approach to injecting drug use in eastern Europe and central Asia: a modelling analysis.
Ward Z, Stone J, Bishop C, Ivakin V, Eritsyan K, Deryabina A, Low A, Cepeda J, Kelly SL, Heimer R, Cook R, Altice FL, Litz T, Terlikbayeva A, El-Bassel N, Havarkov D, Fisenka A, Boshnakova A, Klepikov A, Saliuk T, Deshko T, Vickerman P
Lancet HIV. 2022 Jan; 9(1):e42-e53
- Changes in illicit drug use and markets with the COVID-19 pandemic and associated restrictions: Findings from the Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System, 2016-2020.
Price O, Man N, Bruno R, Dietze P, Salom C, Lenton S, Grigg J, Gibbs D, Wilson T, Degenhardt L, Chan R, Thomas N, Peacock A
Addiction. 2022 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Assessment of the cost-effectiveness of Australia’s risksharing agreement for direct-acting antiviral treatments for hepatitis C: a modelling study.
Scott N, Palmer A, Tidhar T, Stoové M, Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Pedrana A, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard M
Lancet Reg Health - West Pac. 2022 Jan; 18:100316
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (9)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (138)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (92)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (23)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (99)
- Eliminate Malaria (19)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (46)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (6)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (2)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- Commercialisation, Innovation and Industry Partnerships (0)
- HIV and AIDS (14)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (3)
- Maternal and Child Health (29)
- Malaria (23)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (2)
- Hepatitis B (8)
- Hepatitis C (23)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (24)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (34)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (6)
- Young People's Health (4)
- Justice Health (8)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (6)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (5)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (3)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (29)