Evelien works as Senior Research Officer – International Health in the Vector Borne Disease and Tropic Public Health Working Group, contributing to the Partnership for Vivax Elimination (PAVE PNG) project.
She has a diverse background in health research and program management with experience across public health, clinical trials, and medical affairs.
She has worked as a program manager at the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre managing programs to increase access to clinical trials and improve equity in health outcomes. Prior to this she has worked on health research in not-for-profit organisations on projects in Indigenous health in Australia and leprosy in India.
Evelien has over 10 years’ experience working in the pharmaceutical industry in developing and managing clinical trials in Europe and Australia.
- 2020 Research Assistant, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Australia
- 2018-2021 Program Manager, Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Australia
- 2017-2018 Associate Manager - Medical Affairs, Medical Developments International, Australia
- 2015-2017 Associate Manager - Medical Projects, Celgene
- 2012-2015 Project Manager - Medical Affairs, AbbVie, The Netherlands
- 2012 Intern, Menzies School of Health Research, Australia
- 2011 Health Researcher, Schieffelin Institute of Health - Research & Leprosy Centre, India
- 2009-2010 Clinical Research Associate, Genzyme Europe, The Netherlands
- 2007-2009 Clinical Research Associate, Celgene, Australia
- 2006-2007 Clinical Research Associate, PPD, Australia
- 2005-2006 Clinical Research Associate, Boehringer Ingelheim, The Netherlands
- 2012 Master of Science (cum laude), International Public Health, VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2004 Bachelor of Science, Medical Biochemistry, Saxion University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands