Imogen works across the HIV and viral hepatitis research programs. She has a diverse background in program management and research with experience across public health, international health and biomedical research.
Since the completion of a PhD in cancer biology, Imogen has focused on international and public health, working in a range of settings including in Nepal, PNG and Indigenous Australian communities. She’s interested in innovative solutions that facilitate access and provision of health care services for vulnerable communities, and in improving health outcomes and equity through health system strengthening.
- 2019 - present: Research Program Manager, Burnet Institute
- 2018 - 2019: Program Manager, Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre
- 2016 - 2018: Research Fellow, University of Melbourne
- 2014 - 2016: International Clinical Research Fellow, Burnet Institute
- 2013 - 2014: Research and Evaluation Officer, Australia Youth Ambassador for Development, Nepal Network of Cancer Treatment and Research, Nepal
- 2011 - 2013: Postdoctoral Researcher, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- 2018: MPH, Monash University
- 2011: PhD, University of Melbourne
- 2006: BSc (Hons) University of Melbourne
- 2005: BMedSc, Australian National University
- Exploring hepatitis C virus testing and treatment engagement over time in Melbourne, Australia: a study protocol for a longitudinal cohort study (EC-Experience Cohort study).
O'Keefe D, Gunn J, Ryan K, Djordjevic F, Kerr P, Gold J, Elsum I, Layton C, Chan K, Dietze P, Higgs P, Doyle J, Stoové MA, Hellard M, Pedrana AE
BMJ Open. 2022 Jan; 12(1):e057618
- A modelling analysis of financial incentives for hepatitis C testing and treatment uptake delivered through a community-based testing campaign.
Palmer AY, Chan K, Gold J, Layton C, Elsum I, Hellard M, Stoove M, Doyle JS, Pedrana A, Scott N; EC Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Aug; 28(11):1624-1634
- Increasing hepatitis C testing and linkage to care: Results of a testing campaign with incentives at primary care clinics in Melbourne, Australia.
Chan K, Elsum I, Gold J, Layton C, Accadia L, Bryant M, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Purcell I, Dicka J, Forrest M, Crawford S, Hellard M, Pedrana A; Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(3):569-572