Brendan completed a Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) in 2016 through Burnet Institute and Monash University with a project based on STI and HIV risk among men who have sex with men.
Currently Brendan is a research assistant with Burnet Institute and Alfred Hospital Department of Infectious Diseases working on a range of hepatitis C related studies among men who have sex with men and people who inject drugs. He is also completing a Master of Public Health with Monash University.
- 2018- ongoing: Research Assistant, Burnet Institute
- 2017-ongoing: Data Analyst and Research Assistant, The Alfred/Monash University Department of Infectious Diseases
- 2016: Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) Monash University, Australia
- 2015: Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology)/Bachelor of Commerce (Commercial Law) Swinburne University, Australia
- 2018: Academic Scholarship, International Symposium on Hepatitis Care in Substance Users, Portugal
- 2017: Sexual Health Society of Victoria Education Grant, STI & HIV World Congress, Brazil
- Micro-elimination of hepatitis C among people with HIV coinfection: declining incidence and prevalence accompanying a multi-center treatment scale-up trial.
Doyle JS, van Santen DK, Iser D, Sasadeusz J, O'Reilly M, Harney B, Traeger MW, Roney J, Cutts JC, Bowring AL, Winter R, Medland N, Fairley CK, Moore R, Tee B, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Hoy JF, Matthews GV, Prins M, Stoové MA, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Oct; Epub ahead of print
- Quantitative evaluation of an integrated nurse model of care providing hepatitis C treatment to people attending homeless services in Melbourne, Australia.
Harney BL, Whitton B, Lim C, Paige E, McDonald B, Nolan S, Pemberton D, Hellard ME, Doyle JS
Int J Drug Policy. 2019 Oct; 72:195-198
- Risk of Subsequent HIV Infection Following Sexually Transmissible Infections Among Men Who Have Sex With Men.
Harney BL, Agius PA, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Chow EPF, Roth N, Tee BK, Leslie D, Tachedjian G, Hellard M, Stoové M
Open Forum Infect Dis. 2019 Oct; 6(10):ofz376
News Articles (1)