Michael completed a Master of Science in Epidemiology at the University of Melbourne in 2017. During his degree, Michael conducted research on risk compensation and sexually transmitted infections among gay and bisexual men using HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis.
Michael is currently undertaking a PhD at the Burnet Institute with a focus on STI epidemiology and prevention among gay and bisexual men in the era of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis. He is also a research assistant for the ACCESS (Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of STIs and BBVs) project.
- 2017: Master of Science (Epidemiology), University of Melbourne
- 2014: Bachelor of Science, University of Melbourne
- Trends in HIV and STI testing among gay bisexual and other men who have sex with men following rapid scale-up of PrEP in Victoria, Australia.
Ryan KE, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Armishaw J, Lal L, Nguyen L, Murphy D, Traeger M, Hellard M, Hoy J, Stoové M, Wright E; PrEPX Study team
Sex Transm Dis. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- HIV incidence and factors associated with testing positive for HIV among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Myanmar: data from community-based HIV testing services.
Veronese V, Traeger M, Oo ZM, Tun TT, Oo NN, Maung H, Hughes C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25454
- Association of HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis With Incidence of Sexually Transmitted Infections Among Individuals at High Risk of HIV Infection.
Traeger MW, Cornelisse VJ, Asselin J, Price B, Roth NJ, Willcox J, Tee BK, Fairley CK, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Vujovic O, Penn M, Cundill P, Forgan-Smith G, Gall J, Pickett C, Lal L, Mak A, Spelman TD, Nguyen L, Murphy DA, Ryan KE, El-Hayek C, West M, Ruth S, Batrouney C, Lockwood JT, Hoy JF, Hellard ME, Stoové MA, Wright EJ; PrEPX Study Team
JAMA. 2019 Apr; 321(14):1380-1390
News Articles (7)