Anna Roberts holds a Master in International Public Health and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Sydney, Australia and a Bachelor of Arts, Psychology from Furman University, South Carolina.
Anna worked internationally in Bulgaria and Uganda in humanitarian development positions before moving to Australia to complete her MIPH and Law degrees.
While studying law, Anna was a research officer at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC) at the University of New South Wales where she worked on the Global Burden of Disease project where she was involved in estimating the burden of disease attributable to drug use and with the UN Reference Group on HIV and Injection Drug Use where she particularly focused on the particular issues around women who inject drugs.
On completion of her law degree, Anna practiced with Legal Aid, NSW in their civil law Human Rights team looking at matters such as immigration, police and corrective services torts, discrimination and other matters of public interest.
After leaving Legal Aid, Anna served as DCEO of ASHM, Australia’s peak body for medical practitioners working in HIV, viral hepatitis and sexual health.
Anna most recently undertook a Fellowship at the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University Law Center in Washington DC where she worked on a range of human rights for health and global health law topics and projects.
- Admitted as a solicitor in NSW on 11 October 2011
- Management Committee for the HIV/AIDS Legal Centre 2014-2015
- Fellow & Associate: O’Neill Institute for National & Global Health Law, Georgetown University Law School, Washington D.C., USA (09/2015-06/2017)
- Deputy CEO and Division Manager, National Policy & Education Division: ASHM, Sydney, Australia (04/2013-09/2015)
- Lawyer: Legal Aid NSW, Civil Law Division, Sydney, Australia (06/2011-04/2013)
- Seconded Lawyer and Project Coordinator: Public Interest Law Clearing House, Sydney, Australia (06/2011-03-2012)
- Research Officer: National Drug & Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia (10/2007-02/2011)
- Programs Intern: International Rescue Committee, Uganda (2006)
- Youth Development Volunteer: United States Peace Corps, Bulgaria (2003-2005)
- 2010: Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Sydney, Australia
- 2007: Master of International Public Health (with Merit), University of Sydney, Australia
- 2002: Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Furman University, United States
- Nominated for the Pro Bono Partnership of the Year 2012 for Offshore Asylum Seeker Project- secondment project from Legal Aid NSW with Public Interest Law Clearing House