Reece commenced his Doctor of Psychology (Clincical and Forensic) in 2016, under the supervision of Professor James Ogloff from the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science and Associate Professor Mark Stoové. His work focuses on reoffending and mental health in a population of people who inject drugs. As part of his Doctor of Psychology, Reece is working on the PATH Cohort Study using record linkage.
Reece took a chance and ran away with the circus, then ran away from the circus to pursue a career in public mental health. He has a background in youth engagement and health promotion working with the International AIDS Society for AIDS2014, Youth Empowerment Against HIV/AIDS, and Whitelion.
Reece joined the Burnet in 2015 as an Honours student working under the supervision of Paul Dietze, Daniel O’Keefe and Associate Professor Antonio Verdejo-Garcia from the School of Psychological Sciences at Monash University.
- 2015 – BSco.Sci (Psychology), RMIT
- 2016 – BA (Honours) (Psychology), Monash University
- 2016 - Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
- 2015 - New Colombo Plan
PATH Cohort Study
- Integrating episodes of imprisonment and the cascade of care for opioid use disorder.
Cossar R, Stewart A, Winter R, Curtis M, Dietze P, Ogloff JRP, Stoové M
Addiction. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A prospective cohort of people who use methamphetamine in Melbourne and non-metropolitan Victoria, Australia: Baseline characteristics and correlates of methamphetamine dependence.
Quinn B, Ward B, Agius PA, Jenkinson R, Hickman M, Sutton K, Hall C, McKetin R, Farrell M, Cossar R, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Initiation of medications for opioid use disorder shortly before release from prison to promote treatment retention: Strong evidence but compromised policy.
Curtis M, Larney S, Higgs P, Cossar RD, Winter RJ, Stewart AC, Stoové M
J Addict Med. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Lifetime prevalence and correlates of self-harm and suicide attempts among male prisoners with histories of injecting drug use.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Dietze P, Armstrong G, Curtis M, Kinner SA, Ogloff JRP, Kirwan A, Stoové M
Health Justice. 2018 Oct; 6(1):19
- The associations of poor psychiatric well-being among incarcerated men with injecting drug use histories in Victoria, Australia.
Cossar R, Stoové M, Kinner SA, Dietze P, Aitken C, Curtis M, Kirwan A, Ogloff JRP
Health Justice. 2018 Jan; 6(1):1
News Articles (2)