Sherrie is a PhD student with the Burnet Institute at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. She is carrying out global HIV epidemiological modelling and health economics research.
Her research objective is to assess optimal resource allocations to help governments of low- and middle-income countries to design efficient and sustainable strategies to minimize new HIV infections and maximise access to treatment.
She has 12 years of experience in HIV and public health at the international level with UNAIDS in Geneva, Switzerland and at the national level, working with the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- HIV Modelling Consortium – Participant, 2016
- International AIDS Society - Member
- Research Associate, Burnet Institute, Melbourne, Australia, 2015 to present
- Epidemiologist, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Canada 2011–2014
- Epidemiologist, HIV/AIDS Surveillance Section, Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa, Canada, 2011 and 2013
- Epidemiological Data Analyst, UNAIDS, Geneva, Switzerland (remote part-time contractor 2009-2012), 2007–2012
- Data Analyst, Manitoba Public Health, Tuberculosis Control Program, Winnipeg, Canada, 2006–2007
- Project Administrator, National Food Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2005–2006
- Bioinformatician, Public Health Agency of Canada, Winnipeg, Canada, 2002–2005
- Research Assistant/Student, University of Toronto (2002), University of Manitoba (1996–2001)
- PhD Student, Infectious Disease Modelling, Monash University, Australia, 2014–present
- MSc, Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, 1999–2001
- BSc, Genetics Honours, 1st Class, University of Manitoba, 1994–1998
- Sexual Health Society of Victoria (SHSOV) Educational Support Grant ($1,000) - 2016
- Monash Graduate International Postgraduate Research Scholarship ($26,288/year, 3 years) - 2016–17
- University International Postgraduate Award, UNSW Australia ($25,392/year, 3 years) - 2014–16
- SARS Outbreak Special Team Excellence Award, National Microbiology Laboratory, PHAC - 2003
- Manitoba Health Research Council Studentship ($17,900/year, 2 years) - 1998–01
- Phyllis J McAlpine Graduate Fellowship, University of Manitoba ($500) - 2000–01
- Manitoba Medical Service Foundation Poster Competition Award for Excellence ($200) - 2000
- Alumni Association Travel Award, University of Manitoba ($500) - 2000
- Biochemistry and Medical Genetics Travel Award, University of Manitoba ($500) - 2000
- First Class Honours Award for Bachelor of Science Genetics Degree, University of Manitoba - 1998
- Bachelor of Science Dean’s Honours List, University of Manitoba - 1997–98
- Getting it right when budgets are tight: Using optimal expansion pathways to prioritize responses to concentrated and mixed HIV epidemics.
Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Estill J, Grobicki L, Baranczuk Z, Prieto L, Montañez V, Reporter I, Gray RT, Skordis-Worrall J, Keiser O, Cheikh N, Boonto K, Osornprasop S, Lavadenz F, Benedikt CJ, Martin-Hughes R, Hussain SA, Kelly SL, Kedziora DJ, Wilson DP
PLoS One. 2017 Oct; 12(10):e0185077
- Kazakhstan can achieve ambitious HIV targets despite expected donor withdrawal by combining improved ART procurement mechanisms with allocative and implementation efficiencies.
Shattock AJ, Benedikt C, Bokazhanova A, Đurić P, Petrenko I, Ganina L, Kelly SL, Stuart RM, Kerr CC, Vinichenko T, Zhang S, Hamelmann C, Manova M, Masaki E, Wilson DP, Gray RT
PLoS One. 2017 Feb; 12(2):e0169530
- GBD 2015 and HIV estimates from the Optima model.
Kelly SL, Wilson DP
Lancet HIV. 2016 Dec; 3(12):e558
- Optimizing HIV/AIDS resources in Armenia: increasing ART investment and examining HIV programmes for seasonal migrant labourers.
Kelly SL, Shattock AJ, Kerr CC, Stuart RM, Papoyan A, Grigoryan T, Hovhannisyan R, Grigoryan S, Benedikt C, Wilson DP
J Int AIDS Soc. 2016 Jun; 19(1):20772
- Examining caesarean section rates in Canada using the Robson classification system.
Sherrie Kelly, Ann Sprague, Deshayne B Fell, Phil Murphy, Nancy Aelicks, Yanfang Guo, John Fahey, Leeanne Lauzon, Heather Scott, Lily Lee, Brooke Kinniburgh, Monica Prince, Mark Walker
J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013 Mar; 35(3):206-214
- Measuring quality in maternal-newborn care: developing a clinical dashboard.
Ann E Sprague, Sandra I Dunn, Deshayne B Fell, Joann Harrold, Mark C Walker, Sherrie Kelly, Graeme N Smith
J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2013 Jan; 35(1):29-38
- HNF-1alpha G319S, a transactivation-deficient mutant, is associated with altered dynamics of diabetes onset in an Oji-Cree community.
Barbara L Triggs-Raine, Robert D Kirkpatrick, Sherrie L Kelly, Lisa D Norquay, Peter A Cattini, Kazuya Yamagata, Anthony J G Hanley, Bernard Zinman, Stewart B Harris, P Hugh Barrett, Robert A Hegele
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002 Apr; 99(7):4614-4619