In 2015, Caitlin completed her honours project at Burnet Institute using data from the ‘Sex, Drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll’ study. Since then she has worked as a research assistant on multiple projects focused on the surveillance of sexually transmissible infections, treatment and prevention of hepatitis C, and sexual behaviours among young people.
Caitlin commenced her PhD in 2018 at the University of Melbourne. Her project explores alcohol and other drug use among migrant communities in Victoria. She also works as a research assistant for Burnet’s Young People’s Health team and teaches public health research at Monash University.
2015: Bachelor of Health Science (Honours)
- 2015: Monash Jubilee Honours Scholarship. Monash University. Awarded scholarship based on outstanding academic achievement.
- 2013: Year Three Prize Health Science. Monash University. For achieving the highest aggregate mark in Year Two of Bachelor of Health Science.
- 2011: Year One Prize Health Science. Monash University. For achieving the highest aggregate mark in Year One of Bachelor of Health Science.
Coping with COVID-19: Young people’s health and wellbeing in Australia
Evaluation of the Multicultural Drug and Alcohol Service
Exploring alcohol and other drug use among migrant communities in Victoria
Sex, Drugs, and Rock'n'Roll (Big Day Out Study)
SRH survey of Chinese-speaking international students
- Addressing alcohol and other drug use among young people from migrant and ethnic minority backgrounds: Perspectives of service providers in Melbourne, Australia.
Douglass CH, Block K, Horyniak D, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Health Soc Care Community. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Alcohol consumption and illicit drug use among young music festival attendees in Australia
Douglass CH, Raggatt, M, Wright CJC, Reddan H, O'Connell H, Lim MSC, Dietze PM
Drugs - Educt Prevent Pol. 2021 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Comparing sexual behaviours and knowledge between domestic students and Chinese international students in Australia: findings from two cross-sectional studies.
Douglass CH, Qin C, Martin F, Xiao Y, El-Hayek C, Lim MS
Int J STD AIDS. 2020 Jun; 31(8):781-790
- Non-consensual sharing of personal sexually explicit imagery among young people in Australia: results from an online survey.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Apr; 17(2):182-186
- Gaps in the HIV diagnosis and care cascade for migrants in Australia, 2013-2017: A cross-sectional study.
Marukutira T, Gray RT, Douglass C, El-Hayek C, Moreira C, Asselin J, Donovan B, Vickers T, Spelman T, Crowe S, Guy R, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS Med. 2020 Mar; 17(3):e1003044
- Trends in late and advanced HIV diagnoses among migrants in Australia; implications for progress on Fast-Track targets: A retrospective observational study.
Marukutira T, Gunaratnam P, Douglass C, Jamil MS, McGregor S, Guy R, Gray RT, Spelman T, Horyniak D, Higgins N, Giele C, Crowe SM, Stoové M, Hellard M
Medicine. 2020 Feb; 99(8):e19289
- Pathways to ensure universal and affordable access to hepatitis C treatment.
Douglass CH, Pedrana A, Lazarus JV, 't Hoen EFM, Hammad R, Leite RB, Hill A, Hellard M
BMC Med. 2018 Oct; 16(1):175
- Social media use for nutrition outcomes in young adults: a mixed-methods systematic review.
Klassen KM, Douglass CH, Brennan L, Truby H, Lim MSC
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2018 Jul; 15(1):70
- Correlates of in-person and technology-facilitated sexual harassment from an online survey among young Australians.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2018 Jun; 15(4):361-365
- Features of successful sexual health promotion programs for young people: findings from a review of systematic reviews.
Bowring AL, Wright CJC, Douglass C, Gold J, Lim MSC
Health Promot J Austr. 2018 Apr; 29(1):46-57
- "Just not all ice users do that": investigating perceptions and potential harms of Australia's Ice Destroys Lives campaign in two studies.
Douglass CH, Early EC, Wright CJC, Palmer A, Higgs P, Quinn B, Dietze PM, Lim MSC
Harm Reduct J. 2017 Jul; 14(1):45
- Correlates of sexually transmissible infection testing among a sample of at-risk young Australians.
Douglass CH, Vella AM, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Aust J Prim Health. 2017 Apr; 23(3):272-277
News Articles (11)