In 2015, Caitlin completed her honours project at Burnet Institute using data from the ‘Sex, Drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll’ study. Since then she has worked as a research assistant on multiple projects focused on the surveillance of sexually transmissible infections, treatment and prevention of hepatitis C, and sexual behaviours among young people.
Caitlin commenced her PhD in 2018 at the University of Melbourne. Her project explores alcohol and other drug use among migrant communities in Victoria. She also works as a research assistant for Burnet’s Young People’s Health team and teaches public health research at Monash University.
2015: Bachelor of Health Science (Honours)
- 2015: Monash Jubilee Honours Scholarship. Monash University. Awarded scholarship based on outstanding academic achievement.
- 2013: Year Three Prize Health Science. Monash University. For achieving the highest aggregate mark in Year Two of Bachelor of Health Science.
- 2011: Year One Prize Health Science. Monash University. For achieving the highest aggregate mark in Year One of Bachelor of Health Science.
- Pathways to ensure universal and affordable access to hepatitis C treatment.
Douglass CH, Pedrana A, Lazarus JV, 't Hoen EFM, Hammad R, Leite RB, Hill A, Hellard M
BMC Med. 2018 Oct; 16(1):175
- Social media use for nutrition outcomes in young adults: a mixed-methods systematic review.
Klassen KM, Douglass CH, Brennan L, Truby H, Lim MSC
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2018 Jul; 15(1):70
- Correlates of in-person and technology-facilitated sexual harassment from an online survey among young Australians.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2018 Jun; 15(4):361-365
- Features of successful sexual health promotion programs for young people: findings from a review of systematic reviews.
Bowring AL, Wright CJC, Douglass C, Gold J, Lim MSC
Health Promot J Austr. 2018 Apr; 29(1):46-57
- "Just not all ice users do that": investigating perceptions and potential harms of Australia's Ice Destroys Lives campaign in two studies.
Douglass CH, Early EC, Wright CJC, Palmer A, Higgs P, Quinn B, Dietze PM, Lim MSC
Harm Reduct J. 2017 Jul; 14(1):45
- Correlates of sexually transmissible infection testing among a sample of at-risk young Australians.
Douglass CH, Vella AM, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Aust J Prim Health. 2017 Apr; 23(3):272-277
News Articles (7)