Michael has worked for a number of years in social welfare services, including adult intensive case management, homelessness, and youth out-of-home care. Michael completed his Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Social Work (Hon) with Monash University in 2012, including an honours thesis exploring young people’s experiences of residential care and how these experiences related to engagement in offending behaviour. Michael was awarded the 2012 Peter Boss Prize for the highest aggregate mark during the final year of Bachelor of Social Work (Hon) program.
Michael is currently working as a Research Assistant for the PATH Cohort Study and MIX Cohort Study
Michael’s research interests include injecting drug use, homelessness, mental health, young people and post-prison outcomes.
- 2012: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Social Work (Hon) – Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- 2012: Peter Boss Prize – Highest final year aggregate mark for Bachelor of Social Work (Hon) program
- Prison-based harm reduction measures as part of hepatitis C virus treatment.
Curtis M, Higgs P, Stoové M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Dec; 4(12):903
- The Prison and Transition Health (PATH) Cohort Study: Study Protocol and Baseline Characteristics of a Cohort of Men with a History of Injecting Drug Use Leaving Prison in Australia.
Kirwan A, Curtis M, Dietze P, Aitken C, Woods E, Walker S, Kinner S, Ogloff J, Butler T, Stoové M
J Urban Health. 2019 Apr; 96(3):400-410
- Lifetime prevalence and correlates of self-harm and suicide attempts among male prisoners with histories of injecting drug use.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Dietze P, Armstrong G, Curtis M, Kinner SA, Ogloff JRP, Kirwan A, Stoové M
Health Justice. 2018 Oct; 6(1):19
- Acceptability of prison-based take-home naloxone programmes among a cohort of incarcerated men with a history of regular injecting drug use.
Curtis M, Dietze P, Aitken C, Kirwan A, Kinner SA, Butler T, Stoové M
Harm Reduct J. 2018 Sep; 15(1):48
- The associations of poor psychiatric well-being among incarcerated men with injecting drug use histories in Victoria, Australia.
Cossar R, Stoové M, Kinner SA, Dietze P, Aitken C, Curtis M, Kirwan A, Ogloff JRP
Health Justice. 2018 Jan; 6(1):1
News Articles (1)