Naanki is an experienced project and program manager in public health and international development having worked in Myanmar, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka and Malaysia. She has an interest in community-based research projects supporting vulnerable people and communities and ensuring they have access to health services when they need it.
Naanki is a Speech Pathologist and also holds a Masters in Public Health (International Health) and is an Associate of Trinity College London in Public Speaking.
Naanki works across the Institute’s four Programs (Disease Elimination, Maternal Child & Adolescent Health, Behaviours and Health Risks and Health Security), working closely with the Program Directors and Deputy Director, Programs, to implement the strategy of each of the Programs in line with the Institute’s vision and mission.
- 2019 - ongoing: Program Engagement Manager, Burnet Institute
- May 2017 - 2019: Program Manager, Disease Elimination, Burnet Institute
- June 2014 – May 2017: Research & QA Program Manager, Myanmar, Centre for International Health, Burnet Institute
- Nov 2010-June 2014: International Programs Manager, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University
- Dec 2009-Nov 2010: Grade 2 Speech Pathologist, Stream Leader in Neurosciences, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- July 2009-Jan 2010: Clinical Education Supervisor and Lecturer, School of Human Communication Sciences, La Trobe University
- Dec 2007-April 2009: Project Manager, Operational Cleft Australia Foundation
- Oct 2006-Sept 2007: Speech and Language Therapy Course Coordinator, Australia Youth Ambassador for Development, Centre for Rehabilitation of the Paralysed, Bangladesh
- Feb 2004-Sept 2006: Speech Pathologist, Northern Health
- 2012: ATCL (Public Speaking), Trinity College of Music and Drama, London
- 2011: MPH (International Health), Monash University, Australia
- 2003: B. SpPath (Hons), La Trobe University, Australia
- 2009: Paul Harris Fellowship, Rotary Foundation of Rotary International
- Strengthening Noncommunicable Disease Research Capacity and Chronic Disease Outcomes in Low- and Middle-Income Countries in South Asia: Implementation and Evaluation of the ASCEND Program.
Byrnes A, Haregu TN, Pasricha N, Singh K, Thirunavukkarasu S, Wickkramasinghe K, Thankappan KR, Oldenburg B
Asia Pac J Public Health. 2019 Aug; 31(6):536-547
- Relationship between self-efficacy and HIV testing uptake among young men who have sex with men in Myanmar: a cross-sectional analysis.
Pham MD, Aung PP, Agius PA, Pasricha N, Oo SM, Tun W, Bajracharya A, Luchters S
Int J STD AIDS. 2019 Jan; 30(1):20-28
- Effectiveness of repellent delivered through village health volunteers on malaria incidence in villages in South-East Myanmar: a stepped-wedge cluster-randomised controlled trial protocol.
Win Han Oo, Cutts JC, Agius PA, Kyaw Zayar Aung, Poe Poe Aung, Aung Thi, Nyi Nyi Zaw, Htin Kyaw Thu, Wai Yan Min Htay, Ataide R, O'Flaherty K, Ai Pao Yawn, Aung Paing Soe, Beeson JG, Crabb B, Pasricha N, Fowkes FJI
BMC Infect Dis. 2018 Dec; 18(1):663
- Measuring individual-level needle and syringe coverage among people who inject drugs in Myanmar.
O'Keefe D, Aung SM, Pasricha N, Wun T, Linn SK, Lin N, Aitken C, Hughes C, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 May; 58:22-30
- Factors associated with HIV testing among young men who have sex with men in Myanmar: a cross-sectional study.
Pham MD, Aung PP, Paing AK, Pasricha N, Agius PA, Tun W, Bajracharya A, Luchters S
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Nov; 20(3):e25026
- Effectiveness of an integrated community- and clinic-based intervention on HIV testing, HIV knowledge, and sexual risk behavior of young men who have sex with men in Myanmar.
Aung PP, Ryan C, Bajracharya A, Pasricha N, Thein ZW, Agius PA, Sein TT, Willenberg L, Soe EM, Zaw NT, Tun W, Yam E, Luchters S
J Adolesc Health. 2017 Feb; 60(2S2):S45-S53
- Cluster randomised controlled trial of a peer-led lifestyle intervention program: study protocol for the Kerala diabetes prevention program.
Thirunavukkarasu Sathish, Emily D Williams, Naanki Pasricha, Pilvikki Absetz, Paula Lorgelly, Rory Wolfe, Elezebeth Mathews, Zahra Aziz, Kavumpurathu Raman Thankappan, Paul Zimmet, Edwin Fisher, Robyn Tapp, Bruce Hollingsworth, Ajay Mahal, Jonathan Shaw, Damien Jolley, Meena Daivadanam, Brian Oldenburg
BMC Public Health. 2013 Nov; 13:1035
News Articles (1)