Dr Nick Scott, BSc (hons), PhD (Mathematics) is the Head of Modelling & Biostatistics at the Burnet Institute, an Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at Monash University, and an NHMRC Emerging Leader Fellow. He leads a team of modellers who work across a number of infectious diseases and public health problems including:
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis B
- Maternal, Newborn and Child health
- Adolescent Health
His work aims to produce evidence to support decision and policy making, and includes epidemic and economic modelling, cost-effectiveness and return on investment analyses, resource optimisation analyses and statistical analyses.
Dr Scott and his team are consultants to the World Bank, Gates Foundation, Global Fund, United Nations Population Fund and the WHO, and are members of international HIV, TB, malaria and nutrition modelling consortiums.
Listen to Dr Scott on Episode 7 of our How Science Matters podcast
- 2020-ongoing: Head of Modelling & Biostatistics, Burnet Institute
- 2015-ongoing: Adjunct Senior Research Fellow, Monash University
- 2013-2020: Econometrician, Burnet Institute
- 2012-2013: Consultant, Transport Strategy & Operations, URS Australia
- 2008-2012: Graduate Research Student, The University of Melbourne
- 2012: PhD in Mathematics, The University of Melbourne
- 2008: BSc (Hons), The University of Melbourne
- 2022: NHMRC Emerging Leader Fellowship
- 2021: Gust-McKenzie Medal
- 2016: Harold Mitchell Foundation Postdoctoral Travel Fellowship
- 2014-15: Jim and Margaret Beever Fellowship
- 2008-2011: Australian Postgraduate Award
- 2007: University of Melbourne Honours Scholarship
Cost-effectiveness evidence for maternal and perinatal health interventions
Cost-effectiveness of antenatal corticosteroids for women at risk of imminent preterm birth in the early preterm period in low resource countries
COVASIM: Modelling COVID-19
Decision science using Optima
HCV Elimination Modelling
Hepatitis B Modelling
Hepatitis C brief reports
Implementing the WHO Labour Care Guide to reduce the use of Caesarean section in four hospitals in India
Modelling for evidence-based national hepatitis B testing plans
Modelling hepatitis C virus elimination and control policies in Myanmar
Optima HIV Modelling
Optima Malaria Modelling
Optima Nutrition Modelling
Optimal community-delivered malaria elimination models for the Greater Mekong Sub-region
SimDrink: Using simulation modelling to perform alcohol policy experiments
STRIVE PNG: Stronger Surveillance and Systems Support for Rapid Identification and Containment of Resurgent or Resistant Vector-Borne Pathogens in Papua New Guinea
The elimination of hepatitis C as a global public health threat
The International Collaboration on Hepatitis C Elimination in HIV Cohorts (InCHEHC)
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19
The QuickStart Study
Tools for the Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (Kenya, Myanmar and Senegal)
- Reducing malaria transmission in forest-going mobile and migrant populations in Lao PDR and Cambodia: protocol for stepped-wedge cluster-randomised controlled trial.
Htike W, Oo WH, Lynn T, Sovanda L, Agius PA, Oo MC, Galau NH, Thu KM, Zaw AK, Htwe EP, Cutts JC, Kearney EA, Scott N, O'Flaherty K, Wang B, Khamlome B, Vilay P, Siv S, Fowkes FJI
BMC Infect Dis. 2022 Sep; 22(1):747
- Controlled temperature chain for vaccination in low- and middle-income countries: a realist evidence synthesis.
Seaman CP, Kahn AL, Kristensen D, Steinglass R, Spasenoska D, Scott N, Morgan C
Bull World Health Organ. 2022 Aug; 100(8):491-502
- Cost-effectiveness of antenatal corticosteroids and tocolytic agents in the management of preterm birth: A systematic review.
Sebastian E, Bykersma C, Eggleston A, Eddy KE, Chim ST, Zahroh RI, Scott N, Chou D, Oladapo OT, Vogel JP
EClinicalMedicine. 2022 Jul; 49:101496
- The impact of three progressively introduced interventions on second wave daily COVID-19 case numbers in Melbourne, Australia.
Saul A, Scott N, Spelman T, Crabb BS, Hellard M
BMC Infect Dis. 2022 Jun; 22(1):514
- Evaluating the potential cost-effectiveness of microarray patches to expand access to hepatitis B birth dose vaccination in low-and middle-income countries: A modelling study.
Seaman CP, Mvundura M, Frivold C, Morgan C, Jarrahian C, Howell J, Hellard M, Scott N
PLoS Glob Pub Health. 2022 May; 2(5):e0000394
- A log-odds system for waning and boosting of COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness.
Szanyi J, Wilson T, Scott N, Blakely T
Vaccine. 2022 May; 40(28):3821-3824
- Mathematical Modeling for Removing Border Entry and Quarantine Requirements for COVID-19, Vanuatu.
van Gemert C, Tarivonda L, Tapo PS, Natuman S, Clark G, Mariasua J, Scott N, Craig A, Abel M, Cornish MJ, Hellard M, Sacks-Davis R
Emerg Infect Dis. 2022 May; 28(5):1053-1055
- Randomised controlled trial of active case management to link hepatitis C notifications to treatment in Tasmania, Australia: a study protocol.
Marukutira T, Moore KP, Hellard M, Richmond J, Turner K, Pedrana AE, Melody S, Johnston FH, Owen L, Van Den Boom W, Scott N, Thompson A, Iser D, Spelman T, Veitch M, Stoové MA, Doyle J
BMJ Open. 2022 Mar; 12(3):e056120
- Hepatitis C incidence among patients attending primary care health services that specialise in the care of people who inject drugs, Victoria, Australia, 2009 to 2020.
Wilkinson AL, van Santen DK, Traeger MW, Sacks-Davis R, Asselin J, Scott N, Harney BL, Doyle JS, El-Hayek C, Howell J, Bramwell F, McManus H, Donovan B, Stoové M, Hellard M, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Mar; 103:103655
- Preventing a cluster from becoming a new wave in settings with zero community COVID-19 cases.
Abeysuriya RG, Delport D, Stuart RM, Sacks-Davis R, Kerr CC, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Hellard M, Scott N
BMC Infect Dis. 2022 Mar; 22(1):232
- Critical timing and extent of public health interventions to control outbreaks dominated by SARS-CoV-2 variants in Australia: a mathematical modelling study.
Zou Z, Fairley CK, Shen M, Scott N, Xu X, Li Z, Li R, Zhuang G, Zhang L
Int J Infect Dis. 2022 Feb; 115:154-165
- Cost effectiveness of simplified HCV screening-and-treatment interventions for people who inject drugs in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
Mohamed Z, Scott N, Nayagam S, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Thursz MR, Brown AS, Hellard M, Lemoine M
Int J Drug Policy. 2022 Jan; 99:103458
- The EASL-Lancet Liver Commission: protecting the next generation of Europeans against liver disease complications and premature mortality.
Karlsen TH, Sheron N, Zelber-Sagi S, Carrieri P, Dusheiko G, Bugianesi E, Pryke R, Hutchinson SJ, Sangro B, Martin NK, Cecchini M, Dirac MA, Belloni A, Serra-Burriel M, Ponsioen CY, Sheena B, Lerouge A, Devaux M, Scott N, Hellard M, Verkade HJ, Sturm E, Marchesini G, Yki-Järvinen H, Byrne CD, Targher G, Tur-Sinai A, Barrett D, Ninburg M, Reic T, Taylor A, Rhodes T, Treloar C, Petersen C, Schramm C, Flisiak R, Simonova MY, Pares A, Johnson P, Cucchetti A, Graupera I, Lionis C, Pose E, Fabrellas N, Ma AT, Mendive JM, Mazzaferro V, Rutter H, Cortez-Pinto H, Kelly D, Burton R, Lazarus JV, Ginès P, Buti M, Newsome PN, Burra P, Manns MP
Lancet. 2022 Jan; 399(10319):61-116
- The cost and impact of distributing naloxone to people who are prescribed opioids to prevent opioid-related deaths: findings from a modelling study.
Nielsen S, Scott N, Tidhar T, Quiroga MDM, Lenton S, Dietze P
Addiction. 2022 Jan; 117(4):1009-1019
- Assessment of the cost-effectiveness of Australia’s risksharing agreement for direct-acting antiviral treatments for hepatitis C: a modelling study.
Scott N, Palmer A, Tidhar T, Stoové M, Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Pedrana A, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard M
Lancet Reg Health - West Pac. 2022 Jan; 18:100316
- Real-world monitoring progress towards the elimination of hepatitis C virus in Australia using sentinel surveillance of primary care clinics; an ecological study of hepatitis C virus antibody tests from 2009 to 2019.
Wilkinson AL, Pedrana A, Traeger MW, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Nguyen L, Polkinghorne V, Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Howell J, Scott N, Dimech W, Guy R, Hellard M, Stoové M; EC Victoria Partnership and the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections (ACCESS)
Epidemiol Infect. 2022 Jan; 150:e7
- Cohort Profile: The Melbourne Injecting Drug User Cohort Study (SuperMIX).
Van Den Boom W, Quiroga MDM, O'Keefe D, Kumar D, Hill PL, Scott N, Agius PA, Higgs P, Kerr T, Maher L, Hickman M, Stoové M, Dietze P
Int J Epidemiol. 2022 Jan; 51(3):e123-e130
- Psychiatric well-being among men leaving prison reporting a history of injecting drug use: A longitudinal analysis.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Wilkinson AL, Scott N, Dietze P, Quinn B, Kinner SA, Aitken C, Walker S, Curtis M, Butler T, Ogloff JRP, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2022 Jan; 56(8):1034-1043
- Melbourne COVID-19 roadmap modelling 2021 - 15 October 2021.(PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT)
Know-C19. 2021 Oct
- Health and economic benefits of achieving hepatitis C virus elimination in Pakistan: A modelling study and economic analysis.
Lim AG, Scott N, Walker JG, Hamid S, Hellard M, Vickerman P
PLoS Med. 2021 Oct; 18(10):e1003818
- Modelling the Victorian roadmap (PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT)
Abeysuriya R, Delport D, Sacks-Davis R, Hellard M, Scott N
Know-C19. 2021 Sep; September:1-23
- A modelling analysis of financial incentives for hepatitis C testing and treatment uptake delivered through a community-based testing campaign.
Palmer AY, Chan K, Gold J, Layton C, Elsum I, Hellard M, Stoove M, Doyle JS, Pedrana A, Scott N; EC Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Aug; 28(11):1624-1634
- Evaluation of the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of a Community-delivered Integrated Malaria Elimination (CIME) model in Myanmar: protocol for an open stepped-wedge cluster-randomised controlled trial.
Oo WH, Thi A, Htike W, Agius PA, Cutts JC, Win KM, Yi Linn NY, Than WP, Hkawng GN, Thu KM, Oo MC, O'Flaherty K, Kearney E, Scott N, Phyu PP, Htet AT, Myint O, Lwin Yee L, Thant ZP, Mon A, Htike S, Hnin TP, Fowkes FJI
BMJ Open. 2021 Aug; 11(8):e050400
- Covasim: An agent-based model of COVID-19 dynamics and interventions.
Kerr CC, Stuart RM, Mistry D, Abeysuriya RG, Rosenfeld K, Hart GR, Núñez RC, Cohen JA, Selvaraj P, Hagedorn B, George L, Jastrzębski M, Izzo AS, Fowler G, Palmer A, Delport D, Scott N, Kelly SL, Bennette CS, Wagner BG, Chang ST, Oron AP, Wenger EA, Panovska-Griffiths J, Famulare M, Klein DJ
PLoS Comput Biol. 2021 Jul; 17(7):e1009149
- The introduction of a mandatory mask policy was associated with significantly reduced COVID-19 cases in a major metropolitan city.
Scott N, Saul A, Spelman T, Stoove M, Pedrana A, Saeri A, Grundy E, Smith L, Toole M, McIntyre CR, Crabb BS, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2021 Jul; 16(7):e0253510
- The COVID-19 crisis will exacerbate maternal and child undernutrition and child mortality in low- and middle-income countries.
Osendarp S, Akuoku JK, Black RE, Headey D, Ruel M, Scott N, Shekar M, Walker N, Flory A, Haddad L, Laborde D, Stegmuller A, Thomas M, Heidkamp R
Nature Food. 2021 Jul; 2:476-484
- COVID-19 NSW outbreak (PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT)
Scott N, Hellard M, Abeysuriya R
Know-C19 Public Health Report. 2021 Jul
- COVASIM modelling: Impact of vaccines on epidemic outcomes. (PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT)
Abeysuriya R, Hellard M, Scott N
Know-C19. 2021 Jun; June:1-2
- Hepatitis C elimination in Myanmar: Modelling the impact, cost, cost-effectiveness and economic benefits.
Scott N, Win TM, Tidhar T, Htay H, Draper B, Aung PTZ, Xiao Y, Bowring A, Kuschel C, Shilton S, Kyi KP, Naing W, Aung KS, Hellard M
Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2021 May; 10:100129
- Role of masks, testing and contact tracing in preventing COVID-19 resurgences: a case study from New South Wales, Australia
Stuart RM, Abeysuriya RG, Kerr CC, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Gray RT, Hellard M, Scott N
BMJ Open. 2021 Apr; 11(4):e045941
- Prevalence and correlates of simultaneous, multiple substance injection (co-injection) amongst people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Palmer A, Higgs P, Scott N, Agius P, Maher L, Dietze P
Addiction. 2021 Apr; 116(4):876-888
- A mobile phone application for malaria case-based reporting to advance malaria surveillance in Myanmar: a mixed methods evaluation.
Oo WH, Htike W, Cutts JC, Win KM, Thu KM, Oo MC, Hkawng GN, Agius PA, Htoon PP, Scott N, Kearney E, Moreira C, Pedrana A, Stoove M, Thi A, Aung YW, Thein MM, Rosecrans K, Lwin KT, Min AK, Fowkes FJI
Malar J. 2021 Mar; 20(1):167
- A costing analysis of a state-wide, nurse-led hepatitis C treatment model in prison.
Palmer A, Papaluca T, Stoové M, Winter R, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Wilson D, Thompson A, Scott N; EC Victoria Partnership.
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Mar; 94:103203
- Estimating the number of new hepatitis C infections in Australia in 2015, prior to the scale-up of direct-acting antiviral treatment.
Palmer AY, Wilkinson A, Aitken C, Dietze P, Dore GJ, Maher L, Sacks-Davis R, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard M, Scott N
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Mar; 36(8):2270-2274
- A Systematic Review of Interventions Used to Increase Blood Donor Compliance with Deferral Criteria.
Cutts JC, Quinn B, Seed CR, Kotsiou G, Pearson R, Scott N, Wilson DP, Harrod ME, Maher L, Caris S, Thompson AJ, Farrell M, Pink J, Hellard ME
Transfus Med Hemother. 2021 Mar; 48(2):118-129
- A global investment framework for the elimination of hepatitis B.
Howell J, Pedrana A, Schroeder SE, Scott N, Aufegger L, Atun R, Baptista-Leite R, Hirnschal G, Hoen E', Hutchinson SJ, Lazarus JV, Olufunmilayo L, Peck R, Sharma M, Sohn AH, Thompson A, Thursz M, Wilson D, Hellard M
J Hepatol. 2021 Mar; 74(3):535-549
- The cost-effectiveness of tranexamic acid for treatment of postpartum hemorrhage: A systematic review.
Aziz S, Rossiter S, Homer CSE, Wilson AN, Comrie-Thomson L, Scott N, Vogel JP
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2021 Feb; 155(3):331-341
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2021 Feb; 214(2):79-83
- Upscaling prevention, testing and treatment to control hepatitis C as a public health threat in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: A cost-effectiveness model.
Scott N, Mohamed Z, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Lemoine M, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Feb; 88:102634
- Cost-Effectiveness of Testing and Treatment for Hepatitis B Virus and Hepatitis C Virus Infections: An Analysis by Scenarios, Regions, and Income.
Tordrup D, Hutin Y, Stenberg K, Lauer JA, Hutton DW, Toy M, Scott N, Chhatwal J, Ball A
Value Health. 2020 Dec; 23(12):1552-1560
- Striving for hepatitis C elimination - the role of a vaccine.
Hellard M, Drummer H, Scott N
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Dec; 77(11):2991-2992
- Ending malnutrition in all its forms requires scaling up proven nutrition interventions and much more: a 129-country analysis.
Scott N, Delport D, Hainsworth S, Pearson R, Morgan C, Huang S, Akuoku JK, Piwoz E, Shekar M, Levin C, Toole M, Homer CS
BMC Med. 2020 Nov; 18(1):356
- Impact of Victoria's Stage 3 lockdown on COVID-19 case numbers
Saul A, Scott N, Crabb BS, Majumdar SS, Coghlan B, Hellard ME
MJA. 2020 Nov; 213(11):494-496
- Gender inequalities in health and wellbeing across the first two decades of life: an analysis of 40 low-income and middle-income countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
Kennedy E, Binder G, Humphries-Waa K, Tidhar T, Cini K, Comrie-Thomson L, Vaughan C, Francis K, Scott N, Wulan N, Patton G, Azzopardi P
Lancet Glob Health. 2020 Oct; 8(12):e1473-e1488
- Estimating risks associated with early reopening in Victoria. (Policy Brief prepared for the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services)
Abeysuriya R, Delport D, Hellard M, Scott N
Know-C19 Hub. 2020 Sep
- Cost-effectiveness of uterine tamponade devices for the treatment of postpartum haemorrhage: A systematic review.
Vogel JP, Wilson AN, Scott N, Widmer M, Althabe F, Oladapo OT
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2020 Sep; 151(3):333-340
- Authors' response to Letter to the Editor: "Colombian experience in the management of hepatitis C".
Schroeder S, Pedrana A, Scott N, Hellard M
Liver Int. 2020 Sep; 40(12):3142-3143
- Cost-effectiveness of strategies to improve HCV screening, linkage-to-care and treatment in remand prison settings in England.
Mohamed Z, Scott N, Al-Kurdi D, Selvapatt N, Thursz MR, Lemoine M, Brown AS, Nayagam S.
Liver Int. 2020 Aug; 40(12):2950-2960
- Global hepatitis C elimination: an investment framework.
Pedrana A, Howell J, Scott N, Schroeder S, Kuschel C, Lazarus JV, Atun R, Baptista-Leite R, 't Hoen E, Hutchinson SJ, Aufegger L, Peck R, Sohn AH, Swan T, Thursz M, Lesi O, Sharma M, Thwaites J, Wilson DP, Hellard M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020 Jul; 5(10):927-939
- A model of the economic benefits of global hepatitis C elimination: an investment case.
Scott N, Kuschel C, Pedrana A, Schroeder S, Howell J, Thompson A, Wilson DP, Hellard M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020 Jul; 5(10):940-947
- The potential impact of a gel-based point-of-sex intervention in reducing gonorrhoea incidence among gay and bisexual men: a modelling study.
Traeger MW, Tidhar T, Holt M, Williams C, Wright EJ, Stoové MA, Scott N, Hellard ME
Sex Transm Dis. 2020 Jul; 47(10):649-657
- Use of controlled temperature chain and compact prefilled auto-disable devices to reach 2030 hepatitis B birth dose vaccination targets in LMICs: a modelling and cost-optimisation study.
Seaman CP, Morgan C, Howell J, Xiao Y, Spearman CW, Sonderup M, Lesi O, Andersson MI, Hellard ME, Scott N
Lancet Glob Health. 2020 Jul; 8(7):e931-e941
- Enhancing the hepatitis B care cascade in Australia: a cost-effectiveness model.
Xiao Y, Howell J, van Gemert C, Thompson AJ, Seaman CP, McCulloch K, Scott N, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2020 May; 27(5):526-536
- Measuring hepatitis C virus elimination as a public health threat:beyond global targets.
van Santen DK, Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Scott N, Prins M, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2020 Mar; 27(8):770-773
- Australia needs to increase testing to achieve hepatitis C elimination.
Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Wade AJ, Stoové M, Pedrana A, Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2020 Mar; 212(8):365-370
- Motivations for crystal methamphetamine-opioid co-injection/co-use amongst community-recruited people who inject drugs: a qualitative study.
Palmer A, Scott N, Dietze P, Higgs P
Harm Reduct J. 2020 Feb; 17(1):14
- Blood donation amongst people who inject drugs in Australia: research supporting policy change.
Quinn B, Pearson R, Cutts J, Seed C, Scott N, Hoad V, Dietze P, Wilson D, Maher L, Thompson A, Farrell M, Harrod M, Caris S, Pink J, Kotsiou G, Hellard M
Vox Sang. 2020 Feb; 115(3):162-70
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of primary versus hospital-based specialist care for direct acting antiviral hepatitis C treatment.
Palmer AY, Wade AJ, Draper B, Howell J, Doyle JS, Petrie D, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME, Scott N
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Feb; 76:102633
- Cost-effectiveness of transplanting lungs and kidneys from donors with potential hepatitis C exposure or infection.
Scott N, Snell G, Westall G, Pilcher D, Raggatt M, Walker RG, Hellard M, Peleg AY, Doyle J
Sci Rep. 2020 Jan; 10(1):1459
- Modelling the impact of migrants on the success of the HIV care and treatment program in Botswana.
Marukutira T, Scott N, Kelly SL, Birungi C, Makhema JM, Crowe S, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2020 Jan; 15(1):e0226422
- Treading lightly: Finding the best way to use public health surveillance of hepatitis C diagnoses to increase access to cure.
Stoové M, Wallace J, Higgs P, Pedrana A, Goutzamanis S, Latham N, Scott N, Treloar C, Crawford S, Doyle J, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 75:102596
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C in primary care compared to hospital-based care: a randomised controlled trial in people who inject drugs.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Gane E, Stedman C, Draper B, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Petrie D, Scott N, Higgs P, Agius PA, Roney J, Stothers L, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; 70(9):1900-1906
- Profiling Mycobacterium tuberculosis transmission and the resulting disease burden in the five highest tuberculosis burden countries.
Ragonnet R, Trauer JM, Geard N, Scott N, McBryde ES
BMC Med. 2019 Nov; 17(1):208
- The case for a universal hepatitis C vaccine to achieve hepatitis C elimination.
Scott N, Wilson DP, Thompson AJ, Barnes E, El-Sayed M, Benzaken AS, Drummer HE, Hellard ME
BMC Med. 2019 Sep; 17(1):175
- Innovative strategies for the elimination of viral hepatitis at a national level: a country case series.
Schroeder ES, Pedrana A, Scott N, Wilson D, Kuschel C, Aufegger L, Atun R, Baptista-Leite R, Butsashvili M, El-Sayed M, Getahun A, Hamid S, Hammad R, 't Hoen E, Hutchinson SJ, Lazarus JV, Lesi O, Li W, Mohamed RB, Olafsson S, Peck R, Sohn AH, Sonderup M, Spearman CW, Swan T, Thursz M, Walker T, Hellard M, Howell J
Liver Int. 2019 Aug; 39(10):1818-1836
- Additional resource needs for viral hepatitis elimination through universal health coverage: projections in 67 low-income and middle-income countries, 2016-30.
Tordrup D, Hutin Y, Stenberg K, Lauer JA, Hutton DW, Toy M, Scott N, Bulterys M, Ball A, Hirnschall G
Lancet Glob Health. 2019 Jul; 7(9):e1180-e1188
- Treatment access is only the first step to hepatitis C elimination: experience of universal anti-viral treatment access in Australia.
Doyle JS, Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana AE, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME; Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership
Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2019 Mar; 49(9):1223-1229
- Estimating the syphilis epidemic among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men in Australia following changes in HIV care and prevention.
Wilkinson A, Scott N, Tidhar T, Luong P, El-Hayek C , Wilson D, Fairley C, Zhang L, Leslie D , Roth N , Tee BK , Hellard M , Stoové M
Sex Health. 2019 Feb; 16(3):254-262
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C in prisoners using a nurse-led, state-wide model of care.
Papaluca T, McDonald L, Craigie A, Gibson A, Desmond P, Wong D, Winter R, Scott N, Howell J, Doyle J, Pedrana A, Lloyd A, Stoové M, Hellard M, Iser D, Thompson A
J Hepatol. 2019 Jan; 70(5):839-846
- Cost-effectiveness of 3 months of weekly rifapentine and isoniazid compared with other standard treatment regimens for latent tuberculosis infection: a decision analysis study.
Doan TN, Fox GJ, Meehan MT, Scott N, Ragonnet R, Viney K, Trauer JM, McBryde ES
J Antimicrob Chemother. 2019 Jan; 74(1):218-227
- Analysis of time of drug use according to needle and syringe program operating hours in Melbourne, Australia: Effects on individual-level needle and syringe coverage.
O'Keefe D, Aitken C, Scott N, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2018 Aug; 191:259-265
- Implications of population-level immunity for the emergence of artemisinin-resistant malaria: a mathematical model.
Scott N, Ataide R, Wilson DP, Hellard M, Price RN, Simpson JA, Fowkes FJI
Malar J. 2018 Aug; 17(1):279
- Eliminating hepatitis C: the importance of frequent testing of people who inject drugs in high prevalence settings.
Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Thompson A, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Jul; 25(12):1472-1480
- Determining the effective dose of street-level heroin: A new way to consider fluctuations in heroin purity, mass and potential contribution to overdose.
Stam NC, Gerostamoulos D, Gerstner-Stevens J, Scott N, Smith K, Drummer OH, Pilgrim JL
Forensic Sci Int. 2018 Jul; 290:219-226
- Hepatitis C virus notification rates in Australia are highest in socioeconomically disadvantaged areas.
Hainsworth SW, Dietze PM, Wilson DP, Sutton B, Hellard ME, Scott N
PLoS One. 2018 Jun; 13(6):e0198336
- Cost-effectiveness of the controlled temperature chain for the hepatitis B virus birth dose vaccine in various global settings: a modelling study.
Scott N, Palmer A, Morgan C, Lesi O, Spearman CW, Sonderup M, Hellard M
Lancet Glob Health. 2018 Jun; 6(6):e659-e667
- Eliminating HIV/HCV co-infection in gay and bisexual men: is it achievable through scaling up treatment?
Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana AE, Scott N, Doyle JS, Hellard ME
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2018 May; 16(5):411-422
- Aiming for elimination: outcomes of a consultation pathway supporting regional general practitioners to prescribe direct acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C.
Wade AJ, McCormack A, Roder C, McDonald K, Davies M, Scott N, Wardrop M, Athan E, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2018 Apr; 25(9):1089-1098
- Heterogeneity in hepatitis C treatment prescribing and uptake in Australia: a geospatial analysis of a year of unrestricted treatment access.
Scott N, Hainsworth SW, Sacks-Davis R, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Wade A, Hellard M
J Virus Erad. 2018 Apr; 4(2):108-114
- Optima Nutrition: an allocative efficiency tool to reduce childhood stunting by better targeting of nutrition-related interventions.
Pearson R, Killedar M, Petravic J, Kakietek JJ, Scott N, Grantham KL, Stuart RM, Kedziora DJ, Kerr CC, Skordis-Worrall J, Shekhar M, Wilson DP
BMC Public Health. 2018 Mar; 18(1):384
- Achieving 90-90-90 HIV targets will not be enough to achieve the HIV incidence reduction target in Australia.
Scott N, Stoové M, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar; 66(7):1019-1023
- Achieving hepatitis C elimination in Europe - to treatment scale up and beyond.
Hellard M, Scott N, Sacks Davis R, Pedrana A
J Hepatol. 2018 Feb; 68(3):383-385
- Modelling the elimination of hepatitis C as a public health threat in Iceland: a goal attainable by 2020.
Scott N, Ólafsson S, Gottfreðsson M, Tyrfingsson T, Rúnarsdóttir V, Hansdottir I, Benitez Hernandez U, Sigmundsdóttir G, Hellard M
J Hepatol. 2018 Feb; 68(5):932-939
- Eliminating hepatitis C virus as a public health threat among HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a multi-modelling approach to understand differences in sexual risk behaviour.
Scott N, Stoové M, Wilson DP, Keiser O, El-Hayek C, Doyle J, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25059
- Assessing individual-level needle and syringe coverage parameters and the measurement of coverage in Melbourne, Australia: methods and impacts.
O'Keefe D, Scott N, Aitken C, Dietze P
J Public Health. 2018 Jan; 40(3):e336-e342
- Maximizing the impact of malaria funding through allocative efficiency: using the right interventions in the right locations.
Scott N, Hussain SA, Martin-Hughes R, Fowkes FJI, Kerr CC, Pearson R, Kedziora DJ, Killedar M, Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Malar J. 2017 Sep; 16(1):368
- Reaching hepatitis C virus elimination targets requires health system interventions to enhance the care cascade.
Scott N, Doyle JS, Wilson DP, Wade A, Howell J, Pedrana A, Thompson A, Hellard ME
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 Sep; 47:107-116
- Using simulation modelling to examine the impact of venue lockout and last-drink policies on drinking-related harms and costs to licensees.
Scott N, Livingston M, Reporter I, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Jun; 41(3):243-247
- Longitudinal changes in personal wellbeing in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Scott N, Carrotte ER, Higgs P, Stoové MA, Aitken CK, Dietze PM
PLoS One. 2017 May; 12(5):e0178474
- Longitudinal analysis of change in individual-level needle and syringe coverage amongst a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
O'Keefe D, Scott N, Aitken C, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017 Apr; 176:7-13
- Treatment scale-up to achieve global HCV incidence and mortality elimination targets: a cost-effectiveness model.
Scott N, McBryde ES, Thompson A, Doyle JS, Hellard ME
Gut. 2017 Mar; 66(8):1507-1515
- Targeted direct-acting antiviral treatment for chronic hepatitis C: a financial reality or an obstacle to elimination?
Hellard M, Pedrana A, Scott N
J Hepatol. 2017 Feb; 66(2):270-272
- Limited provision of diagnostic services to Victorians living with hepatitis C antibodies, 2001-2012: a multi-level modelling analysis.
Snow K, Scott N, Clothier HJ, MacLachlan JH, Cowie B
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Feb; 41(2):193-198
- Longitudinal changes in psychological distress in a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Scott N, Carrotte ER, Higgs P, Cogger S, Stoové MA, Aitken CK, Dietze PM
Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2016 Aug; 168:140-146
- Individual-level needle and syringe coverage in Melbourne, Australia: a longitudinal, descriptive analysis.
O'Keefe D, Scott N, Aitken C, Dietze P
BMC Health Serv Res. 2016 Aug; 16(1):411
- The Potential Impact of a Hepatitis C Vaccine for People Who Inject Drugs: Is a Vaccine Needed in the Age of Direct-Acting Antivirals?
Stone J, Martin NK, Hickman M, Hellard M, Scott N, McBryde E, Drummer H, Vickerman P
PLoS One. 2016 May; 11(5):e0156213
- The introduction of CCTV and associated changes
in heroin purchase and injection settings in Footscray,
Scott N, Higgs P, Caulkins JP, Aitken C, Cogger S, Dietze P
J Exp Criminol. 2016 Apr; 12(2):265-275
- How is methamphetamine typically purchased
and used in Melbourne, Australia? Reports from a
cohort of people who inject drugs.
Scott N, Caulkins JP, Dietze P
Addiction Research and Theory. 2016 Mar; 24(5):416-425
- The effects of extended public transport operating hours and venue lockout policies on drinking-related harms in Melbourne, Australia: Results from SimDrink, an agent-based simulation model.
Scott N, Hart A, Wilson J, Livingston M, Moore D, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2016 Feb; 32:44-49
- Modelling hepatitis C virus transmission among people who inject drugs: assumptions, limitations and future challenges.
Scott N, Hellard M, McBryde E
Virulence. 2016 Feb; 7(2):201-208
- Cost-effectiveness of treating chronic hepatitis C virus with direct-acting antivirals in people who inject drugs in Australia.
Scott N, Iser D, Thompson A, Doyle J, Hellard M
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016 Feb; 31(4):872-882
- SimDrink: An agent-based NetLogo model of young, heavy drinkers for conducting alcohol policy experiments.
Scott N, Livingston M, Hart A, Wilson J, Moore D, Dietze P
JASS. 2016 Jan; 19(1):10
- Modelling the Impact of Condom Distribution on the Incidence and Prevalence of Sexually Transmitted Infections in an Adult Male Prison System.
Scott N, McBryde E, Kirwan A, Stoové M
PLoS One. 2015 Dec; 10(12):e0144869
- The role of a hepatitis C virus vaccine: modelling the benefits alongside direct-acting antiviral treatments.
Scott N, McBryde E, Vickerman P, Martin NK, Stone J, Drummer H, Hellard M
BMC Med. 2015 Aug; 13:198
- The changing landscape of hepatitis C treatment-not 'can we cure?' but 'who should we cure first?' Is this an ethical approach?
Hellard M, Scott N
Addiction. 2015 Jun; 110(6):984-985
- How patterns of injecting drug use evolve in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Scott N, Caulkins JP, Ritter A, Dietze P
Trend Issues Crime Crim Justice. 2015 Jun; 502:1-20
- Understanding and describing Australian illicit drug markets: Drug price variations and associated changes in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Scott N, Caulkins JP, Dietze P, Ritter A
National Drug Law Enforcement Research Fund. 2015 May; Monograph 58
- Patterns of drug preference and use among people who inject drugs
in Melbourne, Australia
Scott N, Caulkins JP, Ritter A, Dietze P
Addict Res Theory. 2015 Apr; 23(6):459-468
- High-Frequency Drug Purity and Price Series as Tools for Explaining Drug Trends and Harms in Victoria, Australia.
Scott N, Caulkins JP, Ritter A, Quinn C, Dietze P
Addiction. 2015 Jan; 110(1):120-128
News Articles (37)