Professor Hogarth is researching the role of immune system in intractable human diseases, particularly in autoimmunity cancer and inflammation.
The research investigates the fundamental roles of immune cells, their receptors and their antibodies, and how these can be manipulated for the treatment of human disease.
The research program involves basic, applied and translational projects that have led to fundamental discoveries of immune function and to the subsequent development of potential biological and drug therapeutics for the treatment of inflammation, cancer or infection.
Translational projects are examining human receptor gene polymorphisms and protein biomarkers associated with disease.
The applied projects have resulted in new monoclonal antibodies, recombinant engineered receptor proteins as well as designer drugs.
This successful research has been based on fundamental studies of human immune cell function and animal models of disease.
We have extensively investigated the biochemistry, structure and function of major genes and proteins involved in immunity principally studies of cell surface molecules – the mouse Ly antigens and human CD antigens especially the immunoglobulin Fc Receptors.
Recent work has defined the role of antibody based effector systems in tissue inflammation in allergy and auto-immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
Collectively these are long-standing investigations into the role of Fc receptors has defined them to be one of the most important families of cell surface molecules involved in immune responses.
These receptors (antibody receptors) play central roles in normal immune function – resistance to infection and regulation of antibody production and together with new monoclonal antibodies drugs can be harnessed for the treatment of cancer, infection and inflammation.
Because the immune system has such broad reaching effect sand because new technologies have revolutionised research Professor Hogarth’s work has broad implications for understanding and treating a wide range of disparate diseases. These include cancer – leukaemia and myeloma and solid cancers such as breast and colon; autoimmune diseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis including the rarer related diseases, vitiligo, vasculitis and immune-based blood clotting disorders as well as infections such as malaria, HIV and hospital infection. As a result, this research is directly relevant to adults and children alike, to mothers and babies, to men and women and to those with incurable disease or rare immune disorders.
Professor Hogarth has had significant experience in translational research and technology transfer as an inventor and researcher with licenses of his laboratory’s intellectual property to national and international companies.
His corporate roles have included Directing the Austin Research Institute and as Director of Commercialisation and Research Strategy at Burnet Institute.
He was also foundation CEO of the CRC for Biomarker Translation using nucleic acid array and proteomic approaches for the discovery of a consortium developing Mab to new markers of immune cells for therapeutic and diagnostic use. He has been involved directly in the establishment of companies and licensing and partnering negotiations relating to his own and also other Institute and CRC derived IP, including the sourcing of private and public capital for R&D programs.
- NHMRC Senior Principal Research Fellow
- Professor University of Melbourne
- Professor Monash University
- Gottschalk Medal, Australian Academy of Science
- SASPITAS Award, Signals and Signal Processing in the Immune System
A unique approach to anti-inflammatory immune therapy
Anti-COVID-19 biological drugs for prevention and treatment
Antibody mAbs to destroy infection: engineering the next generation treatments
Broadly neutralising anti-HIV antibodies and Fc Receptor function
Discovery of new treatments for myeloma and myelogenous leukemia
New approaches to the treatment of lupus
Predicting quality and potency of monoclonal and natural antibodies
Understanding the connection between inflammation and cancer
- Influenza-specific IgG1(+) memory B-cell numbers increase upon booster vaccination in healthy adults but not in patients with predominantly antibody deficiency.
Hartley GE, Edwards ESJ, Bosco JJ, Ojaimi S, Stirling RG, Cameron PU, Flanagan K, Plebanski M, Hogarth PM, O'Hehir RE, van Zelm MC
Clin Transl Immunology. 2020 Oct; 9(10):e1199
- Plasma levels of the soluble form of the FcgammaRIIa receptor vary with receptor polymorphisms and are elevated in rheumatoid arthritis.
Qiao J, Dunne E, Wines B, Kenny D, McCarthy GM, Hogarth PM, Xu K, Andrews RK, Gardiner EE
Platelets. 2020 Jul; 31(3):392-398
- Epidemic thunderstorm asthma susceptibility from sensitization to ryegrass (Lolium perenne) pollen and major allergen Lol p 5.
Hew M, Lee J, Varese N, Aui PM, McKenzie CI, Wines BD, Aumann H, Rolland JM, Hogarth PM, van Zelm MC, O'Hehir RE
Allergy. 2020 Apr; 75(9):2369-2372
- Multi-functional antibodies are induced by the RTS,S malaria vaccine and associated with protection in a phase I/IIa trial.
Kurtovic L, Atre T, Feng G, Wines BD, Chan JA, Boyle MJ, Drew DR, Hogarth PM, Fowkes FJI, Bergmann-Leitner ES, Beeson JG
J Infect Dis. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Harnessing the immune system via FcgammaR function in immune therapy: A pathway to next-gen mAbs.
Chenoweth AM, Wines BD, Anania JC, Hogarth PM
Immunol Cell Biol. 2020 Mar; 98(4):287-304
- Fc functional antibody responses to adjuvanted versus unadjuvanted seasonal influenza vaccination in community-dwelling older adults.
Vanderven HA, Barr I, Reynaldi A, Wheatley AK, Wines BD, Davenport MP, Hogarth PM, Kent SJ
Vaccine. 2020 Feb; 38(10):2368-2377
- Distinguishing human peripheral blood CD16(+) myeloid cells based on phenotypic characteristics.
Fromm PD, Silveira PA, Hsu JL, Papadimitrious MS, Lo TH, Ju X, Kupresanin F, Romano A, Hsu WH, Bryant CE, Kong B, Abadir E, Mekkawy A, M McGuire H, Groth BFS, Cunningham I, Newman E, Gibson J, Hogarth PM, Hart DNJ, Clark GJ
J Leukoc Biol. 2020 Feb; 107(2):323-339
- Low pH exposure during immunoglobulin G purification methods results in aggregates That avidly bind Fcγ receptors: Implications for measuring Fc dependent antibody functions.
Lopez E, Scott NE, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ, Chung AW
Front Immunol. 2019 Oct; 10:2415
- CD300f epitopes are specific targets for acute myeloid leukemia with monocytic differentiation.
Abadir E, Gasiorowski RE, Lai K, Kupresanin F, Romano A, Silveira PA, Lo TH, Fromm PD, Kennerson ML, Iland HJ, Ho PJ, Hogarth PM, Bradstock K, Hart DNJ, Clark GJ
Mol Oncol. 2019 Oct; 13(10):2107-2120
- Boosting of markers of FcgammaR function in anti-HIV antibodies during structured treatment interruption.
Billings H, Wines B, Dyer W, Center R, Trist HM, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2019 Jul; 35(9):842-852
- The Human FcgammaRII (CD32) Family of Leukocyte FcR in Health and Disease.
Anania JC, Chenoweth AM, Wines BD, Hogarth PM
Front Immunol. 2019 Mar; 10:464
- Activated platelets in the tumor microenvironment for targeting of antibody-drug conjugates to tumors and metastases.
Yap ML, McFadyen JD, Wang X, Ziegler M, Chen YC, Willcox A, Nowell CJ, Scott AM, Sloan EK, Hogarth PM, Pietersz GA, Peter K
Theranostics. 2019 Feb; 9(4):1154-1169
- Two families of Env antibodies efficiently engage Fc-gamma receptors and eliminate HIV-1-infected cells.
Anand SP, Prévost J, Baril S, Richard J, Medjahed H, Chapleau JP, Tolbert WD, Kirk S, Smith AB 3rd, Wines BD, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Pazgier M, Finzi A.
J Virol. 2019 Jan; 93(3):e01823-18
- Fc-dependent functions are redundant to efficacy of anti-HIV antibody PGT121 in macaques.
Parsons MS, Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Amarasena T, Khoury G, Wheatley AK, Reynaldi A, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Davenport MP, Kent SJ
J Clin Invest. 2019 Jan; 129(1):182-191
- The cell surface phenotype of human dendritic cells.
Clark GJ, Silveira PA, Hogarth PM, Hart DNJ
Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2019 Jan; 86(S1):3-14
- Dimeric FcgammaR ectodomains detect pathogenic platelet factor 4-heparin antibodies in heparin induced thromobocytopenia.
Wines BD, Tan CW, Duncan E, McRae S, Baker RI, Andrews RK, Esparon S, Gardiner EE, Hogarth PM
J Thromb Haemost. 2018 Sep; 16(12):2520–2525
- The Rare Anaphylaxis-Associated FcgammaRIIa3 Exhibits Distinct Characteristics From the Canonical FcgammaRIIa1.
Anania JC, Trist HM, Palmer CS, Tan PS, Kouskousis BP, Chenoweth AM, Kent SJ, Mackay GA, Hoi A, Koelmeyer R, Slade C, Bryant VL, Hodgkin PD, Aui PM, van Zelm MC, Wines BD, Hogarth PM
Front Immunol. 2018 Aug; 9:1809
- Anti-influenza Hyperimmune Immunoglobulin Enhances Fc-functional Antibody Immunity during Human Influenza Infection.
Vanderven HA, Wragg K, Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Kristensen AB, Jegaskanda S, Wheatley AK, Wentworth D, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Rockman S; INSIGHT FLU005 Pilot Study Writing Group, Kent SJ
J Infect Dis. 2018 May; Epub ahead of print
- Antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity (ADCC) responses to seasonal influenza vaccination in older adults.
Vanderven HA, Jegaskanda S, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Carmuglia S, Rockman S, Chung AW, Kent SJ
J Infect Dis. 2018 Jan; 217(1):12-23
- Antibody-dependent phagocytosis (ADP) responses following trivalent inactivated influenza vaccination of younger and older adults.
Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Johnston APR, Hogarth PM, Wines BD, Barr I, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ
Vaccine. 2017 Nov; 35(47):6451-6458
- HIV-1 Env- and Vpu-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses associated with elite control of HIV.
Madhavi V, Wines BD, Amin J, Emery S; ENCORE1 study group, Lopez E, Kelleher A; Sydney LTNP study group, Center RJ, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Stratov I
J Virol. 2017 Aug; 91(18):e00700-17
- Partial efficacy of a broadly neutralizing antibody against cell-associated SHIV infection.
Parsons MS, Lloyd SB, Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Amarasena T, Center RJ, Keele BF, Lifson JD, LaBranche CC, Montefiori D, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Swiderek KM, Venturi V, Davenport MP, Kent SJ
Sci Trans Med. 2017 Aug; 9(402):eaaf1483
- Anti-HIV-1 ADCC antibodies following latency reversal and treatment interruption.
Lee WS, Kristensen AB, Rasmussen TA, Tolstrup M, Østergaard L, Søgaard OS, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Reynaldi A, Davenport MP, Emery S, Amin J, Cooper DA, Kan VL, Fox J, Gruell H, Parsons MS, Kent SJ
J Virol. 2017 Aug; 91(15):e00603
- Fc functional antibodies in humans with severe H7N9 and seasonal influenza.
Vanderven HA, Liu L, Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Nguyen TH, Wan Y, Wines B, Hogarth PM, Tilmanis D, Reynaldi A, Parsons MS, Hurt AC, Davenport MP, Kotsimbos T, Cheng AC, Kedzierska K, Zhang X, Xu J, Kent SJ
JCI Insights. 2017 Jul; 2(13):92750
- Effect of combination antiretroviral therapy on HIV-1-specific antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity responses in subtype B- and subtype C-infected cohorts.
Madhavi V, Kulkarni A, Shete A, Lee WS, Mclean MR, Kristensen AB, Ghate M, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Parsons MS, Kelleher A, Cooper DA, Amin J, Emery S, Thakar M, Kent SJ
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017 Jul; 75(3):345-353
- Targeting activated platelets: A unique and potentially universal approach for cancer imaging.
Yap ML, McFadyen JD, Wang X, Zia NA, Hohmann JD, Ziegler M, Yao Y, Pham A, Harris M, Donnelly PS, Hogarth PM, Pietersz GA, Lim B, Peter K
Theranostics. 2017 Jun; 7(10):2565-2574
- Dimeric Fcγ receptor enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to study HIV-specific antibodies: a new look into breadth of Fcγ receptor antibodies induced by the RV144 Vaccine Trial.
McLean MR, Madhavi V, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ
J Immunol. 2017 Jun; 199(2):816-826
- A Phase 1 Human Immunodeficiency Virus vaccine trial for cross-profiling the kinetics of serum and mucosal antibody responses to CN54gp140 modulated by two homologous prime-boost vaccine regimens.
Kratochvil S, McKay PF, Kopycinski JT, Bishop C, Hayes PJ, Muir L, Pinder CL, Cizmeci D, King D, Aldon Y, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Chung AW, Kent SJ, Held K, Geldmacher C, Dally L, Santos NS, Cole T, Gilmour J, Fidler S, Shattock RJ
Front Immunol. 2017 May; 8:595
- Antibody functional assays as measures of Fc receptor-mediated immunity to HIV - New technologies and their Impact on the HIV vaccine field.
Wines BD, Billings H, Mclean MR, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
Curr HIV Res. 2017 Mar; 15(3):202-215
- Distinctive expression of Interleukin-23 receptor subunits on human Th17 and gammadelta T cells.
Wines BD, Yap ML, Powell MS, Tan PS, Ko KK, Orlowski E, Hogarth PM
Immunol Cell Biol. 2017 Mar; 95(3):272-279
- Targeting B cells in treatment of autoimmunity.
Franks SE, Getahun A, Hogarth PM, Cambier JC
Curr Opin Immunol. 2016 Oct; 43:39-45
- Clarifying the Confusion between Cytokine and Fc Receptor "Common Gamma Chain".
Brandsma AM, Hogarth PM, Nimmerjahn F, Leusen JH
Immunity. 2016 Aug; 45(2):225-226
- Dimeric FcgammaR Ectodomains as Probes of the Fc Receptor Function of Anti-Influenza Virus IgG.
Wines BD, Vanderven HA, Esparon SE, Kristensen AB, Kent SJ, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 2016 Jul; 197(4):1507-1516
- Immunomodulation of inflammatory leukocyte markers during intravenous immunoglobulin treatment associated with clinical efficacy in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy.
Dyer WB, Tan JCG, Day T, Kliers L, Kiernan MC, Yiannikas C, Reddel S, Ng K, Mondy P, Dennington PM, Dean MM, Trist HM, dos Remedios C, Hogarth PM, Vuvic S, Irving SO
Brain & Behavior. 2016 May; 6(10):e00516
- What lies beneath: Antibody dependent natural killer cell activation by antibodies to internal influenza virus proteins.
Vanderven HA, Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Jegaskanda S, Rockman S, Laurie K, Barr I, Chen W, Wines B, Hogarth PM, Lambe t, Gilbert SC, Parsons MS, Kent SJ
EBioMed. 2016 Apr; 8:277-290
- Antibody responses with Fc-mediated functions after trivalent influenza vaccination of HIV-infected subjects.
Kristensen AB, Lay WN, Ana-Sosa-Batiz F, Vanderven HA, Madhavi V, Laurie KL, Carolan L, Wines BD, Hogarth M, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ
J Virol. 2016 Apr; 90(12):5724-5734
- The high-affinity receptor for IgG, FcgammaRI, of humans and non-human primates.
Chenoweth AM, Trist HM, Tan PS, Wines BD, Hogarth PM
Immunol Rev. 2015 Nov; 268(1):175-191
- Fc Receptors: Introduction.
Immunol Rev. 2015 Nov; 268(1):1-5
- TLR3 drives IRF6-dependent IL-23p19 expression and p19/EBI3 heterodimer formation in keratinocytes.
Ramnath D, Tunny K, Hohenhaus DM, Pitts CM, Bergot AS, Hogarth PM, Hamilton JA, Kapetanovic R, Sturm RA, Scholz GM, Sweet MJ
Immunol Cell Biol. 2015 Aug; 93(9):771-9
- CD14hi CD16+ monocytes phagocytose antibody-opsonised Plasmodium falciparum infected erythrocytes more efficiently than other monocyte subsets, and require CD16 and complement to do so.
Zhou J, Feng G, Beeson J, Hogarth PM, Rogerson SJ, Yan Y, Jaworowski A.
BMC Med. 2015 Jul; 13(1):154
- The FcγR of humans and non-human primates and their Interaction with IgG: Implications for induction of inflammation, resistance to infection and the use of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies.
Hogarth PM, Anania JC, Wines BD
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2014 Aug; 382:321-352
- ZSWIM1: A novel biomarker in T helper cell differentiation.
Ko KK, Powell MS, Hogarth PM
Immunol Lett. 2014 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Polymorphisms and Interspecies Differences of the Activating and Inhibitory FcgammaRII of Macaca nemestrina Influence the Binding of Human IgG Subclasses.
Trist HM, Tan PS, Wines BD, Ramsland PA, Orlowski E, Stubbs J, Gardiner EE, Pietersz GA, Kent SJ, Stratov I, Burton DR, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 2014 Jan; 192(2):892-903
- Fc receptor-targeted therapies for the treatment of inflammation, cancer and beyond.
Hogarth PM, Pietersz GA
Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2012 Apr; 11(4):311-331
- Functional expression of IgG-Fc receptors in human airway smooth muscle cells. - Reply
Xia YCX, Stewart AG, Mackay GA, Shepherd M, Gerthoffer WT, Hogarth PM
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012 Apr; 46(4):560-561
- Isolation, expansion and characterisation of alloreactive human Th17 and Th1 cells.
Ko KK, Powell MS, Orlowski E, Prickett S, Krumbiegel D, Hogarth PM
Immunol Lett. 2012 Mar; 143(1):116-121
- Interaction of Human, Rat, and Mouse Immunoglobulin A (IgA) with Staphylococcal Superantigen-like 7 (SSL7) Decoy Protein and Leukocyte IgA Receptor.
Wines BD, Ramsland PA, Trist HM, Gardam S, Brink R, Fraser JD, Hogarth PM
J Biol Chem. 2011 Sep; 286(38):33118-33124
- Structural basis for Fc gammaRIIa recognition of human IgG and formation of inflammatory signaling complexes.
Ramsland PA, Farrugia W, Bradford TM, Sardjono CT, Esparon S, Trist HM, Powell MS, Tan PS, Cendron AC, Wines BD, Scott AM, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 2011 Aug
- Functional expression of IgG-Fc receptors in human airway smooth muscle cells.
Xia YC, Schuliga M, Shepherd M, Powell M, Harris T, Lagenbach SY, Tan PS, Gerthoffer WT, Hogarth PM, Stewart AG, Mackay GA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011 May; 44(5):665-672
- Transgenic mice expressing human FcgammaRIIa have enhanced sensitivity to induced autoimmune arthritis as well as elevated Th17 cells.
Van de Velde NC, Mottram PL, Powell MS, Lim B, Holmdahl R, Hogarth PM
Immunol Lett. 2010 May; 130(1-2):82-88
- IgG antibodies produced during subcutaneous allergen immunotherapy mediate inhibition of basophil activation via a mechanism involving both FcgammaRIIA and FcgammaRIIB.
Cady CT, Powell MS, Harbeck RJ, Giclas PC, Murphy JR, Katial RK, Weber RW, Hogarth PM, Johnson S, Bonvini E, Koenig S, Cambier JC
Immunol Lett. 2010 May; 130(1-2):57-65
- Inhibition of destructive autoimmune arthritis in FcgammaRIIa transgenic mice by small chemical entities.
Pietersz GA, Mottram PL, de Velde NCV, Sardjono CT, Esparon S, Ramsland PA, Moloney G, Baell JB, McCarthy TD, Matthews BR, Powell MS, Hogarth PM
Immunol Cell Biol. 2009 Jan; 87(1):3-12
- An FcgammaRIIa-binding peptide that mimics the interaction between FcgammaRIIa and IgG.
Cendron AC, Wines BD, Brownlee RT, Ramsland PA, Pietersz GA, Hogarth PM
Mol Immunol. 2008 Jan; 45(2):307-319
- Dual ITAM-mediated proteolytic pathways for irreversible inactivation of platelet receptors: de-ITAM-izing FcgammaRIIa.
Gardiner EE, Karunakaran D, Arthur JF, Mu FT, Powell MS, Baker RI, Hogarth PM, Kahn ML, Andrews RK, Berndt MC
Blood. 2008 Jan; 111(1):165-174
- FcgammaRII and multi-system autoimmune disease.
van de Velde NC, Mottram PL, Hogarth PM
Springer Semin Immunopathol. 2006 Dec; 28(4):329-338
- Nephritogenic anti-DNA antibodies regulate gene expression in MRL/lpr mouse glomerular mesangial cells.
Qing X, Zavadil J, Crosby MB, Hogarth PM, Hahn BH, Mohan C, Gilkeson GS, Bottinger EP, Putterman C
Arthritis Rheum. 2006 Jul; 54(7):2198-2210
- A common site of the Fc receptor gamma subunit interacts with the unrelated immunoreceptors FcalphaRI and FcepsilonRI.
Wines BD, Trist HM, Ramsland PA, Hogarth PM
J Biol Chem. 2006 Jun; 281(25):17108-17113
- Alteration of the Fc gamma RIIa dimer interface affects receptor signaling but not ligand binding.
Powell MS, Barnes NC, Bradford TM, Musgrave IF, Wines BD, Cambier JC, Hogarth P
J Immunol. 2006 Jun; 176(12):7489-7494
- Raft localisation of FcgammaRIIa and efficient signaling are dependent on palmitoylation of cysteine 208.
Barnes NC, Powell MS, Trist HM, Gavin AL, Wines BD, Hogarth PM
Immunol Lett. 2006 Apr; 104(1-2):118-123
- Selection of a human anti-RhD monoclonal antibody for therapeutic use: impact of IgG glycosylation on activating and inhibitory Fc gamma R functions.
Siberil S, de Romeuf C, Bihoreau N, Fernandez N, Meterreau JL, Regenman A, Nony E, Gaucher C, Glacet A, Jorieux S, Klein P, Hogarth PM, Fridman WH, Bourel D, Beliard R, Teillaud JL
Clin Immunol. 2006 Feb; 118(2-3):170-179
- A competitive mechanism for staphylococcal toxin SSL7 inhibiting the leukocyte IgA receptor, Fc alphaRI, is revealed by SSL7 binding at the C alpha2/C alpha3 interface of IgA.
Wines BD, Willoughby N, Fraser JD, Hogarth PM
J Biol Chem. 2006 Jan; 281(3):1389-1393
- Development of spontaneous multisystem autoimmune disease and hypersensitivity to antibody-induced inflammation in Fcgamma receptor IIa-transgenic mice.
Tan Sardjono C, Mottram PL, van de Velde NC, Powell MS, Power D, Slocombe RF, Wicks IP, Campbell IK, McKenzie SE, Brooks M, Stevenson AW, Hogarth PM
Arthritis Rheum. 2005 Oct; 52(10):3220-3229
- Antigen delivery via two molecules on the CD8- dendritic cell subset induces humoral immunity in the absence of conventional "danger".
Corbett AJ, Caminschi I, McKenzie BS, Brady JL, Wright MD, Mottram PL, Hogarth PM, Hodder AN, Zhan YF, Tarlinton DM, Shortman K, Lew AM
Eur J Immunol. 2005 Oct; 35(10):2815-2825
- Identification of antigen-capturing cells as basophils.
Mack M, Schneider MA, Moll C, Cihak J, Bruhl H, Ellwart JW, Hogarth PM, Stangassinger M, Schlondorff D
J Immunol. 2005 Jan; 174(2):735-741
- The tetraspanin superfamily member CD151 regulates outside-in integrin alphaIIbbeta3 signaling and platelet function.
Lau LM, Wee JL, Wright MD, Moseley GW, Hogarth PM, Ashman LK, Jackson DE
Blood. 2004 Oct; 104(8):2368-2375
- Structural convergence of antibody binding of carbohydrate determinants in Lewis Y tumor antigens.
Ramsland PA, Farrugia W, Bradford TM, Mark Hogarth P, Scott AM
J Mol Biol. 2004 Jul; 340(4):809-818
- Immunoglobulin (Fc) receptors.
Encyclopaedia of Biological Chemistry (Eds William J. Lennarz and M. Daniel Lane) . 2004 Jul; Vol 2:411-416
- Fc receptor gamma chain residues at the interface of the cytoplasmic and transmembrane domains affect association with FcalphaRI, surface expression, and function.
Wines BD, Trist HM, Monteiro RC, Van Kooten C, Hogarth PM
J Biol Chem. 2004 Jun; 279(25):26339-26345
- Physical proximity and functional interplay of PECAM-1 with the Fc receptor Fc gamma RIIa on the platelet plasma membrane.
Thai le M, Ashman LK, Harbour SN, Hogarth PM, Jackson DE
Blood. 2003 Nov; 102(10):3637-3645
- The role of FcgammaRIIa as an inflammatory mediator in rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus.
Tan Sardjono C, Mottram PL, Hogarth PM
Immunol Cell Biol. 2003 Oct; 81(5):374-381
- Soluble FcgammaRIIa inhibits rheumatoid factor binding to immune complexes.
Wines BD, Gavin A, Powell MS, Steinitz M, Buchanan RR, Mark Hogarth P
Immunology. 2003 Jun; 109(2):246-254
- Unique monoclonal antibodies define expression of Fc gamma RI on macrophages and mast cell lines and demonstrate heterogeneity among subcutaneous and other dendritic cells.
Tan PS, Gavin AL, Barnes N, Sears DW, Vremec D, Shortman K, Amigorena S, Mottram PL, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 2003 Mar; 170(5):2549-2556
- Fc receptors are major mediators of antibody based inflammation in autoimmunity.
Curr Opin Immunol. 2002 Dec; 14(6):798-802
- FcgammaRI-deficient mice show multiple alterations to inflammatory and immune responses.
Barnes N, Gavin AL, Tan PS, Mottram P, Koentgen F, Hogarth PM
Immunity. 2002 Mar; 16(3):379-389
- Mutagenesis within human FcepsilonRIalpha differentially affects human and murine IgE binding.
Mackay GA, Hulett MD, Cook JP, Trist HM, Henry AJ, McDonnell JM, Beavil AJ, Beavil RL, Sutton BJ, Hogarth PM, Gould HJ
J Immunol. 2002 Feb; 168(4):1787-1795
- Fc receptor structure and the design of anti-inflammatories: New therapeutics for autoimmune disease
Pietersz GA, Powell MS, Ramsland PA, Hogarth PM
Annual Reports in Medicinal Chemistry. 2002 Jan; 37:217-224
- The interaction of Fc alpha RI with IgA and its implications for ligand binding by immunoreceptors of the leukocyte receptor cluster.
Wines BD, Sardjono CT, Trist HH, Lay CS, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 2001 Feb; 166(3):1781-1789
- Isolation, tissue distribution, and chromosomal localization of a novel testis-specific human four-transmembrane gene related to CD20 and FcepsilonRI-beta.
Hulett MD, Pagler E, Hornby JR, Hogarth PM, Eyre HJ, Baker E, Crawford J, Sutherland GR, Ohms SJ, Parish CR
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001 Jan; 280(1):374-379
- Monoclonal antibodies and synthetic peptides define the active site of FcepsilonRI and a potential receptor antagonist.
Rigby LJ, Trist H, Snider J, Hulett MD, Hogarth PM, Rigby LJ, Epa VC
Allergy. 2000 Jul; 55(7):609-619
- The IgG Fc contains distinct Fc receptor (FcR) binding sites: the leukocyte receptors Fc gamma RI and Fc gamma RIIa bind to a region in the Fc distinct from that recognized by neonatal FcR and protein A.
Wines BD, Powell MS, Parren PW, Barnes N, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 2000 May; 164(10):5313-5318
- Immunoglobulin G3 antibodies specific for the 19-kilodalton carboxyl-terminal fragment of Plasmodium yoelii merozoite surface protein 1 transfer protection to mice deficient in Fc-gammaRI receptors.
Vukovic P, Hogarth PM, Barnes N, Kaslow DC, Good MF
Infect Immun. 2000 May; 68(5):3019-3022
- Domain one of the high affinity IgE receptor, FcepsilonRI, regulates binding to IgE through its interface with domain two.
Rigby LJ, Epa VC, Mackay GA, Hulett MD, Sutton BJ, Gould HJ, Hogarth PM
J Biol Chem. 2000 Mar; 275(13):9664-9672
- Inhibition of hyperacute transplant rejection by soluble proteins with the functional domains of CD46 and FcgammaRII.
Lanteri MB, Powell MS, Christiansen D, Li YQ, Hogarth PM, Sandrin MS, Mckenzie IF, Loveland BE
Transplantation. 2000 Mar; 69(6):1128-1136
- Mouse FcgammaRI: identification and functional characterization of five new alleles.
Gavin AL, Leiter EH, Hogarth PM
Immunogenetics. 2000 Mar; 51(3):206-211
- Fine structure analysis of interaction of FcepsilonRI with IgE.
Hulett MD, Brinkworth RI, McKenzie IF, Hogarth PM
J Biol Chem. 1999 May; 274(19):13345-13352
- Differential dissociation kinetics explain the binding preference of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-6 for insulin-like growth factor-II over insulin-like growth factor-I.
Marinaro JA, Jamieson GP, Hogarth PM, Bach LA
FEBS Lett. 1999 May; 450(3):240-244
- Biochemical analysis and crystallisation of Fc gamma RIIa, the low affinity receptor for IgG.
Powell MS, Barton PA, Emmanouilidis D, Wines BD, Neumann GM, Peitersz GA, Maxwell KF, Garrett TP, Hogarth PM
Immunol Lett. 1999 May; 68(1):17-23
- Crystal structure of the human leukocyte Fc receptor, Fc gammaRIIa.
Maxwell KF, Powell MS, Hulett MD, Barton PA, McKenzie IF, Garrett TP, Hogarth PM
Nat Struct Biol. 1999 May; 6(5):437-442
- Identification of residues in the first domain of human Fc alpha receptor essential for interaction with IgA.
Wines BD, Hulett MD, Jamieson GP, Trist HM, Spratt JM, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 1999 Feb; 162(4):2146-2153
- Recombinant soluble Fc gamma RII inhibits immune complex precipitation.
Gavin AL, Wines BD, Powell MS, Hogarth PM
Clin Exp Immunol. 1995 Dec; 102(3):620-625
- Expression of recombinant soluble Fc epsilon RI: function and tissue distribution studies.
Gavin AL, Snider J, Hulett MD, Mckenzie IF, Hogarth PM
Immunology. 1995 Nov; 86(3):392-398
- Multiple regions of human Fc gamma RII (CD32) contribute to the binding of IgG.
Hulett MD, Witort E, Brinkworth RI, McKenzie IF, Hogarth PM
J Biol Chem. 1995 Sep; 270(36):21188-21194
- Recombinant soluble human Fc gamma RII: production, characterization, and inhibition of the Arthus reaction.
Ierino FL, Hulett MD, McKenzie IF, Hogarth PM
J Exp Med. 1993 Nov; 178(5):1617-1628
- Linkage on chromosome 3 of autoimmune diabetes and defective Fc receptor for IgG in NOD mice.
Prins JB, Todd JA, Rodrigues NR, Ghosh S, Hogarth PM, Wicker LS, Gaffney E, Podolin PL, Fischer PA, Sirotina A, Peterson LB
Science. 1993 Apr; 260(5108):695-698
- Chimeric Fc receptors identify immunoglobulin-binding regions in human Fc gamma RII and Fc epsilon RI.
Hulett MD, McKenzie IF, Hogarth PM
Eur J Immunol. 1993 Mar; 23(3):640-645
- Mapping epitopes of human Fc gamma RII (CDw32) with monoclonal antibodies and recombinant receptors.
Ierino FL, Hulett MD, McKenzie IF, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 1993 Mar; 150(5):1794-1803
- Biochemical characterization of murine Fc gamma RI.
Quilliam AL, Osman N, McKenzie IF, Hogarth PM
Immunology. 1993 Mar; 78(3):358-363
- The human FCG1 gene encoding the high-affinity Fc gamma RI maps to chromosome 1q21.
Dietzsch E, Osman N, McKenzie IF, Garson OM, Hogarth PM
Immunogenetics. 1993 Jan; 38(4):307-309
- Functional recombinant soluble human Fc gamma RII.
Ierino FL, Powell MS, McKenzie IF, Hogarth PM
Transplant Proc. 1992 Oct; 24(5):2326-2327
- Serum soluble Fc gamma RII levels in dialysis and renal transplant recipients.
Ierino FL, Powell MS, McKenzie IF, Hogarth PM
Transplant Proc. 1992 Oct; 24(5):2328
- Ly-15.2 and Ly-21.2 are distinct polymorphisms of the LFA-1 heavy chain.
Hogarth PM, McKenzie IF
Immunogenetics. 1992 Jul; 36(6):396-399
- Effects of PMA, cytokines and dexamethasone on the expression of cell surface Fc receptors and mRNA in U937 cells.
L P Grattage, I F McKenzie, P M Hogarth
Immunol Cell Biol. 1992 Apr; 70 ( Pt 2):97-105
- Expression of the high responder/non-responder human Fc gamma RII. Analysis by PCR and transfection into FcR-COS cells.
Tate BJ, Witort E, McKenzie IF, Hogarth PM
Immunol Cell Biol. 1992 Apr; 70 ( Pt 2):79-87
- Structure and mapping of the gene encoding mouse high affinity Fc gamma RI and chromosomal location of the human Fc gamma RI gene.
Osman N, Kozak CA, McKenzie IF, Hogarth PM
J Immunol. 1992 Mar; 148(5):1570-1575
- Identification of the immunoglobulin binding regions (IBR) of Fc gamma RII and Fc epsilon RI.
Hogarth PM, Hulett MD, Ierino FL, Tate B, Powell MS, Brinkworth RIth
Immunol Rev. 1992 Feb; 125:21-35
- Characterization and expression of an Fc gamma receptor cDNA cloned from rat natural killer cells.
D L Zeger, P M Hogarth, D W Sears
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990 May; 87(9):3425-3429
- Molecular cloning and expression of the mouse high affinity Fc receptor for IgG.
D W Sears, N Osman, B Tate, I F McKenzie, P M Hogarth
J Immunol. 1990 Jan; 144(1):371-378
- Fc receptor gene translocation in a t(1;19) pre-B ALL cell line.
L M Webber, O M Garson, B Tate, I F McKenzie, P M Hogarth
Immunogenetics. 1990 Jan; 31(5-6):356-360
- Mouse macrophage beta subunit (CD11b) cDNA for the CR3 complement receptor/Mac-1 antigen.
D L Zeger, N Osman, M Hennings, I F McKenzie, D W Sears, P M Hogarth
Immunogenetics. 1990 Jan; 31(3):191-197
- Molecular cloning of a human immunoglobulin G Fc receptor.
M L Hibbs, L Bonadonna, B M Scott, I F McKenzie, P M Hogarth
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988 Apr; 85(7):2240-2244
- The structure of the murine Fc receptor for IgG. Assignment of intrachain disulfide bonds, identification of N-linked glycosylation sites, and evidence for a fourth form of Fc receptor.
M L Hibbs, B J Classon, I D Walker, I F McKenzie, P M Hogarth
J Immunol. 1988 Jan; 140(2):544-550
News Articles (12)