Megan is Deputy Program Director (Behaviours and Health Risks) at Burnet Institute and leads the Young People’s Health research group. Her primary area of interest is understanding how digital media impact on public health. She has led trials using these technologies (e.g. mobile phones, smartphone apps, and social media) for health promotion and behaviour change. She has conducted mixed methods research into the impact of digital media on young people’s health and wellbeing. Megan works with young people to centre their experiences and expertise in their own lives.
Her work spans many health topics, including sexual and reproductive health, alcohol and other drug use, mental health and wellbeing, nutrition, and infectious diseases. She uses epidemiological methods, qualitative research, co-design, and health promotion research.
Megan completed her PhD in 2008, with a thesis titled ‘Sex, Drugs, and Young People: Novel Research and Health Promotion Approaches’. She was then awarded an NHMRC Sidney Sax Fellowship to complete her postdoctoral research in infectious disease epidemiology at the University College London Research Department of Infection and Population Health.
- Deputy Program Director (Behaviours and Health Risks), Burnet Institute
- Adjunct Senior Research Fellow, School of Population Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University
- Honorary Senior Research Fellow, Melbourne School of Global and Population Health, University of Melbourne
- 2008: PhD, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- 2003: Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Hons), Monash University, Australia
Coping with COVID-19: Young people’s health and wellbeing in Australia
Exploring alcohol and other drug use among migrant communities in Victoria
New media and technology in health promotion practice
Pornography and Young People
SCOOP: Strengthening COVID-19 Communication in Pregnancy
Sex, Drugs, and Rock'n'Roll (Big Day Out Study)
SRH survey of Chinese-speaking international students
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19
TRYP: Transitions and Risk in Young People project
VOICE - Victorian Online Initiative for Community Engagement
- "You have to drink with a little bit of shame": Alcohol and other drug use among young people from migrant and ethnic minority backgrounds in Melbourne, Australia.
Douglass CH, Block K, Eghrari D, Horyniak D, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
J Ehn Subst Abuse. 2022 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- The Use of Social Media as a Persuasive Platform to Facilitate Nutrition and Health Behavior Change in Young Adults: Web-Based Conversation Study.
Friedman VJ, Wright CJC, Molenaar A, McCaffrey T, Brennan L, Lim MSC
J Med Internet Res. 2022 May; 24(5):e28063
- Social Media and Online Digital Technology Use Among Muslim Young People and Parents: Qualitative Focus Group Study.
Douglass CH, Borthwick A, Lim MSC, Erbas B, Eren S, Higgs P
JMIR Pediatr Parent. 2022 May; 5(2):e36858
- Alcohol consumption and illicit drug use among young music festival attendees in Australia
Douglass CH, Raggatt, M, Wright CJC, Reddan H, O'Connell H, Lim MSC, Dietze PM
Drugs - Educt Prevent Pol. 2022 Feb; 29(2):175-181
- Exploring stigma associated with mental health conditions and alcohol and other drug use among people from migrant and ethnic minority backgrounds: a protocol for a systematic review of qualitative studies.
Douglass CH, Lim MSC, Block K, Onsando G, Hellard M, Higgs P, Livingstone C, Horyniak D
Syst Rev. 2022 Jan; 11(1):12
- Young Adults' Use of Different Social Media Platforms for Health Information: Insights From Web-Based Conversations.
Lim MSC, Molenaar A, Brennan L, Reid M, McCaffrey T
J Med Internet Res. 2022 Jan; 24(1):e23656
- Social media's role in support networks among LGBTQ adolescents: a qualitative study.
Berger MN, Taba M, Marino JL, Lim MSC, Cooper SC, Lewis L, Albury K, Chung KSK, Bateson D, Skinner SR
Sex Health. 2021 Nov; 18(5):421-431
- The Optimise Study: Information access and communication about COVID-19. (PUBLIC HEALTH REPORT)
Saich F, Kwong E, Heath K, Altermatt A, Munari S, Merner B, Hill S, Stoové M, Wilson A, Caddy C, Lim M, Vogel J, Power R, Coghlan B, Cheong M, Bradfield Z, Homer C, Pedrana A, Gibney K, Hellard M
Optimise Study. 2021 Sep; Report 10:1-13
- Effects of Advertising: A Qualitative Analysis of Young Adults' Engagement with Social Media About Food.
Molenaar A, Saw WY, Brennan L, Reid M, Lim MSC, McCaffrey TA
Nutrients. 2021 Jun; 13(6)
- Addressing alcohol and other drug use among young people from migrant and ethnic minority backgrounds: Perspectives of service providers in Melbourne, Australia.
Douglass CH, Block K, Horyniak D, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Health Soc Care Community. 2021 Apr; 29(6):e308-e317
- Young people's needs and preferences for health resources focused on pornography and sharing of sexually explicit imagery.
Wright CJ, Davis A, Vella AM, McGrath-Lester R, Lim MS
Public Health Res Pract. 2021 Mar; 31(1)
- ‘Censorship is cancer’. Young people’s support for pornography-related initiatives.
Lim MSC, Roode K, Davis AC, Wright CJC
Sex Educat. 2021 Jan; 21(6):660-673
- ‘Not my child’: parenting, pornography, and views on education.
Davis AC, Wright C, Curtis M, Hellard ME, Lim MSC, Temple-Smith MJ
J Fam Studies. 2021 Jan; 27(4):573-588
- Effect of a mobile phone intervention for female sex workers on unintended pregnancy in Kenya (WHISPER or SHOUT): a cluster-randomised controlled trial.
Ampt FH, Lim MSC, Agius PA, L'Engle K, Manguro G, Gichuki C, Gichangi P, Chersich MF, Jaoko W, Temmerman M, Stoové M, Hellard M, Luchters S
Lancet Glob Health. 2020 Dec; 8(12):e1534-e1545
- What adolescents think of relationship portrayals on social media: a qualitative study.
Taba M, Lewis L, Cooper SC, Albury K, Chung KS, Lim M, Bateson D, Kang M, Skinner SR
Sex Health. 2020 Nov; 17(5):467-474
- HIV infections among female sex workers in Mombasa, Kenya: current prevalence and trends over 25 years.
Manguro GO, Gichuki C, Ampt FH, Agius PA, Lim MS, Jaoko WG, Hellard M, L'Engle K, Stoové M, Mandaliya K, Chersich MF, Temmerman M, Luchters S, Gichangi P
Int J STD AIDS. 2020 Oct; 31(14):1389-1397
- Beyond Body Weight: Design and Validation of Psycho-Behavioural Living and Eating for Health Segments (LEHS) Profiles for Social Marketing.
Brennan L, Chin S, Molenaar A, Barklamb AM, Lim MS, Reid M, Truby H, Jenkins EL, McCaffrey TA
Nutrients. 2020 Sep; 12(9):E2882
- Using digital communication technology to increase HIV testing among men who have sex with men and transgender women: Systematic review and meta-analysis
Veronese V, Ryan KE, Hughes C, Lim MS, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Jul; 22(7):e14230
- Comparing sexual behaviours and knowledge between domestic students and Chinese international students in Australia: findings from two cross-sectional studies.
Douglass CH, Qin C, Martin F, Xiao Y, El-Hayek C, Lim MS
Int J STD AIDS. 2020 Jun; 31(8):781-790
- A Mobile Phone-Based Sexual and Reproductive Health Intervention for Female Sex Workers in Kenya: Development and Qualitative Study.
Ampt FH, L'Engle K, Lim MSC, Plourde KF, Mangone E, Mukanya CM, Gichangi P, Manguro G, Hellard M, Stoové M, Chersich MF, Jaoko W, Agius PA, Temmerman M, Wangari W, Luchters S
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2020 May; 8(5):e15096
- Sexual Behaviors and Violence in Pornography: Systematic Review and Narrative Synthesis of Video Content Analyses.
Carrotte ER, Davis AC, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2020 May; 22(5):e16702
- Non-consensual sharing of personal sexually explicit imagery among young people in Australia: results from an online survey.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Apr; 17(2):182-186
- Effectiveness of an Ecological Momentary Intervention for Reducing Risky Alcohol Consumption Among Young Adults: Protocol for a Three-Arm Randomized Controlled Trial.
Wright C, Dietze PM, Kuntsche E, Livingston M, Agius PA, Room R, Raggatt M, Hellard M, Lim MSC
JMIR Res Protoc. 2020 Mar; 9(3):e14190
- Language of Health of Young Australian Adults: A Qualitative Exploration of Perceptions of Health, Wellbeing and Health Promotion via Online Conversations.
Molenaar A, Choi TS, Brennan L, Reid M, Lim MS, Truby H, McCaffrey TA
Nutrients. 2020 Mar; 12(4):887
- A digital pornography literacy resource co-designed with vulnerable young people: Development of "The Gist"
Davis AC, Wright CC, Murphy S, Dietze P, Temple-Smith MJ, Hellard ME, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Feb; 22(6):e15964
- The effect of Instagram #fitspiration images on young women's mood, body image, and exercise behaviour.
Prichard I, Kavanagh E, Mulgrew KE, Lim MSC, Tiggemann M
Body Image. 2020 Feb; 33:1-6
- A quasi-experimental text messaging trial to improve adolescent sexual and reproductive health and smoking knowledge in Indonesia.
Pedrana AE, Pina J, Padmawati RS, Zuhrina R, Lazuardi L, Lim MSC, Hellard ME, Prabandari YS
Sex Health. 2020 Feb; 17(2):167-177
- A descriptive analysis of young women.
Davis AC, Temple-Smith MJ, Carrotte E, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Jan; 17:69-76
- Effectiveness of a multi-session positive self, appearance, and functionality program on women's body satisfaction and response to media.
Mulgrew KE, Prichard I, Stalley N, Lim MSC
Body Image. 2019 Sep; 31:102-111
- Correlates of Reduced Alcohol Consumption among a Sample of Young Australians.
Raggatt M, Wright C, Dietze P, Pennay A, Caluzzi G, Lim M
Alcohol Alcohol. 2019 Sep; 54(5):525-531
- A Health Education Website Developed to Meet Young People's Information Needs About Web-Based Pornography and Sharing of Sexually Explicit Imagery (SCOPE): Usability Study.
Davis AC, Wright CJC, Temple-Smith MJ, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
JMIR Form Res. 2019 Aug; 3(3):e12824
- Prospective mixed methods study of online and offline social networks and the development of sexual agency in adolescence: the Social Networks and Agency Project (SNAP) protocol.
Lim MSC, Cooper S, Lewis L, Albury K, Chung KSK, Bateson D, Kang M, Skinner SR
BMJ Open. 2019 May; 9(5):e024329
- Use of long-acting reversible contraception in a cluster-random sample of female sex workers in Kenya.
Ampt FH, Lim MSC, Agius PA, Chersich MF, Manguro G, Gichuki CM, Stoové M, Temmerman M, Jaoko W, Hellard M, Gichangi P, Luchters S
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 May; 146(2):184-191
- Barriers and opportunities in the translation of mobile phone and social media interventions between research and health promotion practice in Australia: a qualitative study of expert perspectives.
Wright CJC, Schwarzman J, Dietze PM, Crockett B, Lim MSC
Health Res Policy Syst. 2019 Jan; 17(1):5
- Personal and reported partner pornography viewing by Australian women, and association with mental health and body image.
Laemmle-Ruff IL, Raggatt M, Wright CJC, Carrotte ER, Davis A, Jenkinson R, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2019 Jan; 16(1):75-79
- Incidence of unintended pregnancy among female sex workers in low-income and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Ampt FH, Willenberg L, Agius PA, Chersich M, Luchters S, Lim MSC
BMJ Open. 2018 Sep; 8(9):e021779
- "I aspire to look and feel healthy like the posts convey": engagement with fitness inspiration on social media and perceptions of its influence on health and wellbeing.
Raggatt M, Wright CJC, Carrotte E, Jenkinson R, Mulgrew K, Prichard I, Lim MSC
BMC Public Health. 2018 Aug; 18(1):1002
- Safe sex in chick lit: a ‘novel’ analysis of sexual health
references in popular women’s fiction.
Lim MSC, Hellard ME, Horyniak
Sex Health. 2018 Jul; 15(5):468-472
- Social media use for nutrition outcomes in young adults: a mixed-methods systematic review.
Klassen KM, Douglass CH, Brennan L, Truby H, Lim MSC
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2018 Jul; 15(1):70
- Mobile Phone-Based Ecological Momentary Intervention to Reduce Young Adults' Alcohol Use in the Event: A Three-Armed Randomized Controlled Trial.
Wright C, Dietze PM, Agius PA, Kuntsche E, Livingston M, Black OC, Room R, Hellard M, Lim MS
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2018 Jul; 6(7):e149
- Communicating health-Optimising young adults' engagement with health messages using social media: Study protocol.
Lombard C, Brennan L, Reid M, Klassen KM, Palermo C, Walker T, Lim MSC, Dean M, Mccaffrey TA, Truby H
Nutr Diet. 2018 Jul; 75(5):509-519
- What People "Like": Analysis of Social Media Strategies Used by Food Industry Brands, Lifestyle Brands, and Health Promotion Organizations on Facebook and Instagram.
Klassen KM, Borleis ES, Brennan L, Reid M, McCaffrey TA, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2018 Jun; 20(6):e10227
- Correlates of in-person and technology-facilitated sexual harassment from an online survey among young Australians.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2018 Jun; 15(4):361-365
- Features of successful sexual health promotion programs for young people: findings from a review of systematic reviews.
Bowring AL, Wright CJC, Douglass C, Gold J, Lim MSC
Health Promot J Austr. 2018 Apr; 29(1):46-57
- This girl can #jointhemovement: Effectiveness of physical functionality-focused campaigns for women's body satisfaction and exercise intent.
Mulgrew KE, McCulloch K, Farren E, Prichard I, Lim MSC
Body Image. 2018 Mar; 24:26-35
- What Behaviors Do Young Heterosexual Australians See in Pornography? A Cross-Sectional Study.
Davis AC, Carrotte ER, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
J Sex Res. 2018 Jan; 55(3):310-319
- Anorectal swabs as a marker of male-to-male sexual exposure in STI surveillance systems.
Ampt FH, El Hayek C, Agius PA, Bowring AL, Bartnik N, Van Gemert C, Fairley CK, Chow EPF, Bradshaw CS, Stephens N, Lim MSC, Hellard ME
Epidemiol Infect. 2017 Sep; 145(12):2530-2535
- WHISPER or SHOUT study: protocol of a cluster-randomised controlled trial assessing mHealth sexual reproductive health and nutrition interventions among female sex workers in Mombasa, Kenya.
Ampt FH, Mudogo C, Gichangi P, Lim MSC, Manguro G, Chersich M, Jaoko W, Temmerman M, Laini M, Comrie-Thomson L, Stoové M, Agius PA, Hellard M, L'Engle K, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2017 Aug; 7(8):e017388
- Alcohol and other substance use among a sample of young people in the Solomon Islands.
Quinn B, Peach E, Wright CJC, Lim MSC, Davidson L, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Aug; 41(4):358-364
- Young Australians' use of pornography and associations with sexual risk behaviours.
Lim MSC, Agius PA, Carrotte ER, Vella AM, Hellard ME
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2017 Aug; 41(4):438-443
- "Just not all ice users do that": investigating perceptions and potential harms of Australia's Ice Destroys Lives campaign in two studies.
Douglass CH, Early EC, Wright CJC, Palmer A, Higgs P, Quinn B, Dietze PM, Lim MSC
Harm Reduct J. 2017 Jul; 14(1):45
- Subjective well-being among young people in five Eastern European countries.
Lim MS, Cappa C, Patton GC
Glob Ment Health (Camb). 2017 Jul; 4:e12
- Beyond basic feedback in mobile brief interventions: Designing SMS message content for delivery to young adults during risky drinking events.
Wright CJC, Dietze PM, Lim MSC
JMIR mHealth uHealth. 2017 Jun; 5(6):e79
- An ecological momentary intervention to reduce alcohol consumption in young adults delivered during drinking events: Protocol for a pilot randomized controlled trial.
Wright CJ, Dietze PM, Agius PA, Kuntsche E, Room R, Livingston M, Hellard M, Lim MS
JIMR Research Protocols. 2017 May; 6(5):e95
- Correlates of sexually transmissible infection testing among a sample of at-risk young Australians.
Douglass CH, Vella AM, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Aust J Prim Health. 2017 Apr; 23(3):272-277
- Cohort Profile: The Flu Watch Study.
Fragaszy EB, Warren-Gash C, Wang L, Copas A, Dukes O, Edmunds WJ, Goonetilleke N, Harvey G, Johnson AM, Kovar J, Lim MS, McMichael A, Millett ER, Nazareth I, Nguyen-Van-Tam JS, Tabassum F, Watson JM, Wurie F, Zambon M, Hayward AC and the Flu Watch Group
Int J Epidemiol. 2017 Apr; 46(2):e18
- "Fitspiration" on Social Media: A Content Analysis of Gendered Images.
Carrotte ER, Prichard I, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2017 Mar; 19(3):e95
- Correlates of alcohol consumption on heavy drinking occasions of young risky drinkers: event versus personal characteristics.
Dietze P, Agius PA, Livingston M, Callinan S, Jenkinson R, Lim MS, Wright CJ, Room R
Addiction. 2017 Mar; 112(8): 1369-1377
- Reach, engagement, and effectiveness: a systematic review of evaluation methodologies used in health promotion via social networking sites.
Lim MS, Wright CJ, Carrotte ER, Pedrana AE
Health Promot J Aust. 2016 Dec; 27(3):187-197
- Safe sex messages within dating and entertainment smartphone apps: A review.
Huang ET, Williams H, Hocking JS, Lim MS.
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2016 Nov; 4(4):e124
- Exploring attitudes towards sexting of young people: a cross-sectional study.
Lim MS, Vella AM, Horyniak DR, Hellard ME
Sexual Health. 2016 Oct; 13(6):530-535
- Who 'likes' alcohol? Young Australians' engagement with alcohol marketing via social media and related alcohol consumption patterns.
Carrotte ER, Dietze PM, Wright CJ, Lim MS
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2016 Sep; 40(5):474-479
- "I am yet to encounter any survey that actually reflects my life": a qualitative study of inclusivity in sexual health research.
Carrotte ER, Vella AM, Bowring AL, Douglass C, Hellard ME, Lim MS
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2016 Jul; 16(1):86
- "Googling" for Cancer: An Infodemiological Assessment of Online Search Interests in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Foroughi F, Lam AK, Lim MSC, Saremi N, Ahmadvand A
JMIR Cancer. 2016 May; 2(1):e5
- An investigation of strategies used in alcohol brand marketing and alcohol-related health promotion on Facebook.
Lim MS, Hare JD, Carrotte ER, Dietze PM
Digital Health. 2016 Apr; 2:1-7
- Participatory development of MIDY (Mobile Intervention for Drinking in Young people).
Wright CJ, Dietze PM, Crockett B, Lim MS
BMC Public Health. 2016 Feb; 16(1):184
- 'A Drink That Makes You Feel Happier, Relaxed and Loving': Young People's Perceptions of Alcohol Advertising on Facebook.
Weaver ER, Wright CJ, Dietze PM, Lim MS
Alcohol Alcohol. 2016 Jan; 51(4):481-486
- Mental Health and Associated Sexual Health Behaviours in a Sample of Young People Attending a Music Festival in Melbourne, Victoria.
Carrotte ER, Vella AM, Hellard ME, Lim MS
Community Ment Health J. 2016 Jan; 52(8):1082-1088
- The impact of pornography on gender-based violence, sexual health and well-being: what do we know?
Lim MS, Carrotte ER, Hellard ME
J Epidemiol Community Health. 2016 Jan; 70(1):3-5
- Challenges to translating new media interventions in community practice: a sexual health SMS program case study.
Wright CJ, Leinberger K, Lim MS
Health Promot J Austr. 2016 Jan; 27(1):70-73
- A verbal invitation and specimen collection on the spot are crucial to maximise sexually transmissible infection testing uptake in non-traditional settings.
Hocking JS, Goller JL, Lim MS
Sex Health. 2015 Dec; 12(6):469-471
- Development and pilot of a framework to evaluate reproductive health call centre services: experience of Marie Stopes international.
Yagnik P, Gold J, Stoove M, Reichwein B, van Gemert C, Corby N, Lim MS
BMC Health Serv Res. 2015 Sep; 15(1):398
- Predictors of "Liking" Three Types of Health and Fitness-Related Content on Social Media: A Cross-Sectional Study.
Carrotte ER, Vella AM, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2015 Aug; 17(8):e205
- Sexual identity, same-sex partners and risk behaviour among a community-based sample of young people in Australia.
Bowring AL, Vella AM, Degenhardt L, Hellard M, Lim MS
Int J Drug Policy. 2015 Feb; 26(2):153-161
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Knowledge, Contraception Uptake, and Factors Associated with Unmet Need for Modern Contraception among Adolescent Female Sex Workers in China.
Lim MS, Zhang XD, Kennedy E, Li Y, Yang Y, Li L, Li YX, Temmerman M, Luchters S
PLoS One. 2015 Jan; 10(1):e0115435
- 'Ice epidemic'? Trends in methamphetamine use from three Victorian surveillance systems.
Lim MS, Cogger S, Quinn B, Hellard ME, Dietze PM
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2015 Jan; 39(2):194-195
- Young people's comparative recognition and recall of an Australian Government Sexual Health Campaign.
Lim MS, Gold J, Bowring AL, Pedrana AE, Hellard ME
Int J STD AIDS. 2015 Jan; 26(6):398-401
- Timing, rates, and causes of death in a large South African tuberculosis programme.
Field N, Lim M, Murray J, Dowdeswell RJ, Glynn JR, Sonnenberg P
BMC Infect Dis. 2014 Dec; 14(1):679
- Young risk takers: Alcohol, illicit drugs, and sexual practices among a sample of music festival attendees.
Jenkinson R, Bowring A, Dietze P, Hellard M, Lim MSC
J Sex Trans Dis. 2014 Dec; 2014:e357239
- The medium and the message: fitting sound health promotion methodology into 160 characters.
Lim MS, Wright C, Hellard ME
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2014 Nov; 2(4):e40
- Early age at first sex: associations with sexual health and sociodemographic factors among a sample of young music festival attendees in Melbourne.
Vella AM, Agius PA, Bowring AL, Hellard ME, Lim MS
Sex Health. 2014 Aug; 11(4):359-365
- Prevalence, correlates, and attitudes towards sexting among young people in Melbourne, Australia
Yeung T, Horyniak D, Vella A, Hellard M, Lim M
Sex Healtrh. 2014 Jul; 11(4):332-339
- Analysis of laboratory testing results collected in an enhanced chlamydia surveillance system in Australia, 2008-2010.
Dimech W, Lim MS, Van Gemert C, Guy R, Boyle D, Donovan B, Hellard M
BMC Infect Dis. 2014 Jun; 14(1):325
- Young people's comfort receiving sexual health information via social media and other sources.
Lim MS, Vella A, Sacks-Davis R, Hellard ME
Int J STD AIDS. 2014 Mar; 25(14):1003-1008
- Trends in chlamydia positivity among heterosexual patients from the Victorian Primary Care Network for Sentinel Surveillance, 2007-2011.
Lim MS, El-Hayek C, Goller JL, Fairley CK, Nguyen PL, Hamilton RA, Henning DJ, McNamee KM, Hellard ME, Stoove MA
Med J Aust. 2014 Feb; 200(3):166-169
- Comparative burden and severity of seasonal and pandemic influenza: Results of the Flu Watch study – England 2006-2011.
Hayward AC, Fragaszy E, Bermingham A, Wang L, Copas A, Edmunds J, Ferguson N, Goonetilleke N, Harvey G, Kovar J, Lim MSC, Millet ERC, Pebody R, Nguyen-Van-Tam JS, McMichael A, Nazareth I, Watson JM, Johnson AM, Zambon M and the Flu Watch Group.
Lancet Respir J. 2014 Feb; 2(6):445-454
- “Let’s Get Wasted!” and Other Apps: Characteristics, Acceptability, and Use of Alcohol-Related Smartphone Applications
Weaver ER, Horyniak DR Jenkinson R, Dietze P, Lim MSC
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2013 Feb; 1(1):E9
- Is rectal gonorrhoea a lead indicator of HIV transmission among men who have sex with men in Victoria, Australia?
Wilkinson AL, Lim MS, Stoové M, Fairley CK, Chen M, El-Hayek C, Denham I, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2013 Jan; 10(2):188-189
- Measuring the accuracy of self-reported height and weight in a community-based sample of young people.
Bowring AL, Peeters A, Freak-Poli R, Lim MS, Gouillou M, Hellard M
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2012 Nov; 12(1):175
- Quantifying errors in the estimation of tuberculosis mortality in a population of South African miners.
P Sonnenberg, M S C Lim, R J Dowdeswell, N Field, J R Glynn, J Murray
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2012 Nov; 16(11):1449-1454
- Trends in sexual behavior, testing, and knowledge in young people; 2006-2011.
Lim MS, Bowring AL, Gold J, Aitken CK, Hellard ME
Sex Transm Dis. 2012 Nov; 39(11):831-834
- Public-Private Partnerships for Health Promotion: The Experiences of the S5 Project.
Gold J, Hellard ME, Lim MS, Dixon H, Wakefield M, Aitken CK.
Amer J Health Educat. 2012 Aug; 43(4):250-53
- Correlates of Chlamydia trachomatis infection in a primary care sentinel surveillance network.
Lim MS, Goller JL, Guy R, Gold J, Stoové M, Hocking JS, Fairley CK, Henning D, McNamee K, Owen L, Sheehan P, Hellard ME
Sex Health. 2012 Jul; 9(3):247-253
- Impact of text and email messaging on the sexual health of young people: a randomised controlled trial.
Lim MS, Hocking JS, Aitken CK, Fairley CK, Jordan L, Lewis JA, Hellard ME
J Epidemiol Community Health. 2012 Jan; 66(1):69-74
- Unnatural deaths in South African platinum miners, 1992-2008.
Megan S C Lim, Jill Murray, Robert J Dowdeswell, Judith R Glynn, Pam Sonnenberg
PLoS One. 2011 Sep; 6(9):e22807
- Impact evaluation of a youth sexually transmissible infection awareness campaign using routinely collected data sources.
Gold J, Goller J, Hellard M, Lim MS, Hocking J, Fairley CK, Spelman T, McNamee K, Clift P, Guy R
Sex Health. 2011 Jun; 8(2):234-241
- Determining the impact of text messaging for sexual health promotion to young people.
Gold J, Lim MS, Hocking JS, Keogh LA, Spelman T, Hellard ME
Sex Transm Dis. 2011 Apr; 38(4):247-252
- A randomised controlled trial using mobile advertising to promote safer sex and sun safety to young people.
Gold J, Aitken CK, Dixon HG, Lim MS, Gouillou M, Spelman T, Wakefield M, Hellard ME
Health Educ Res. 2011 Mar
- What's your "porn star" name? A novel method of identifying research participants.
Lim MS, Bowring A, Gold J, Hellard ME
Sex Transm Dis. 2011 Feb; 38(2):150-151
- Chilean miners: raising awareness of the plight of miners worldwide.
Nigel Field, Jill Murray, Megan Lim, Judith Glynn, Pam Sonnenberg
Lancet. 2011 Jan; 377(9762):299-300
- What's in a message? Delivering sexual health promotion to young people in Australia via text messaging.
Gold J, Lim MS, Hellard ME, Hocking JS, Keogh LA
BMC Public Health. 2010 Dec; 10:792
- Establishing a linked sentinel surveillance system for blood-borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections: methods, system attributes and early findings.
Goller JL, Guy RJ, Gold J, Lim MS, El-Hayek C, Stoové MA, Bergeri I, Fairley CK, Leslie DE, Clift P, White B, Hellard ME
Sex Health. 2010 Dec; 7(4):425-433
- Randomised controlled trial of paper, online and SMS diaries for collecting sexual behaviour information from young people.
Lim MS, Sacks-Davis R, Aitken CK, Hocking JS, Hellard ME
J Epidemiol Community Health. 2010 Oct; 64(10):885-889
- Does the frequency of HIV and STI testing among men who have sex with men in primary care adhere with Australian guidelines?
Guy R, Goller JL, Spelman T, El-Hayek C, Gold J, Lim M, Leslie D, Tee BK, Roth N, Anderson J, Fairley CK, Kaldor J, Hellard M
Sex Transm Infect. 2010 Oct; 86(5):371-376
- Surveillance of drug use among young people attending a music festival in Australia, 2005-2008.
Lim MS, Sacks-Davis R, Aitken CK, Hocking JS, Hellard ME
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2010 Mar; 29(2):150-156
- Using a surveillance system to identify and treat newly acquired hepatitis C infection.
Walsh N, Lim M, Hellard M
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008 Dec; 23(12):1891-1894
- A cross-sectional survey of young people attending a music festival: associations between drug use and musical preference.
Lim MS, Hellard ME, Hocking JS, Aitken CK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2008 Jul; 27(4):439-441
- Enhanced case detection for newly acquired hepatitis C infection: epidemiological findings and health service implications.
Guy R, Devadason D, Lim M, Higgins N, Pedrana A, Gibson K, Lewis J, Spelman T, White B, Kaldor J, Hellard M
Commun Dis Intell. 2008 Jun; 32(2):250-256
- SMS STI: a review of the uses of mobile phone text messaging in sexual health.
Lim MS, Hocking JS, Hellard ME, Aitken CK
Int J STD AIDS. 2008 May; 19(5):287-290
- A new surveillance system for monitoring HIV infection in Victoria, Australia.
Guy R, Lim MSC, Wang YH, Medland N, Anderson J, Rothe N, Hellard ME
Sex Health. 2007 Sep; 4(3):195-199
- Sexual-risk behaviour, self-perceived risk and knowledge of sexually transmissible infections among young Australians attending a music festival.
Lim MS, Hellard ME, Aitken CK, Hocking JS
Sex Health. 2007 Mar; 4(1):51-56
- Blood-borne viruses and risk behaviours among injecting drug users recruited from needle and syringe programs in Victoria's eastern metropolitan region
Lim MS, Sundaram K, Aitken CK, Hellard ME
Aust J Prim Health. 2007 Jan; 13(3):69-76
- Chlamydia testing in general practice - a survey of Victorian general practitioners.
Hocking JS, Lim MS, Vidanapathirana J, Read TR, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2006 Dec; 3(4):241-244
- Acute Hepatitis C treatment Uptake in the Victorian Population.
Walsh N, Lim M, Nguyen O, Von Bibra S, Dore G, and Hellard M
18th Annual Conference. 2006 Oct; Abstract page 153
- Postal surveys of physicians gave superior response rates over telephone interviews in a randomized trial.
Hocking JS, Lim MS, Read T, Hellard M
J Clin Epidemiol. 2006 May; 59(5):521-524
- A profile of HIV testing in Victoria, 1984 to 2004.
Lim M, Guy R, Hellard M
Commun Dis Intell. 2006 Jan; 30(3):366-372
News Articles (45)