Linda completed her PhD in 2005 at the Institute for Tropical Medicine in Hamburg, Germany, investigating the role of heat shock proteins in Leishmania infections.
She then joined Professor James Beeson’s lab at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute for Medical Research as a postdoctoral scientist before moving to the Burnet Institute in 2011 with the rest of the group.
Her work is focused on the role of invasion ligands as targets of protective antibodies in acquired immunity against malaria.
- 2011: Senior Research Officer, Burnet Institute
- Postdoctoral Research Officer, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Victoria, Australia
- 2005: PhD, University of Hamburg, Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine
- Acquisition, maintenance and adaptation of invasion inhibitory antibodies against Plasmodium falciparum invasion ligands involved in immune evasion.
Tijani MK, Babalola OA, Odaibo AB, Anumudu CI, Asinobi AO, Morenikeji OA, Asuzu MC, Langer C, Reiling L, Beeson JG, Wahlgren M, Nwuba RI, Persson KEM
PLoS One. 2017 Aug; 12(8):e0182187
- Differing rates of antibody acquisition to merozoite antigens in malaria: implications for immunity and surveillance.
McCallum FJ, Persson KM, Fowkes FJ, Reiling L, Mugyenyi CK, Richards JS, Simpson JA, Williams TN, Gilson PR, Hodder AN, Sanders PR, Anders RF, Narum DL, Chitnis C, Crabb BS, Marsh K, Beeson JG.
J Leukoc Biol. 2017 Apr; 101(4):913-925
- Recent insights into humoral immunity targeting Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax malaria.
Boyle MJ, Reiling L, Osier FH, Fowkes FJ
Int J Parasitol. 2017 Jan; 47(2-3):99-104
- Evaluating complement-mediated humoral immunity to P. falciparum blood stages.
Boyle MJ, Reiling L, Beeson JG
eBiomedicine. 2016 Dec; 14:9-10
- The association between naturally acquired IgG subclass specific antibodies to the PfRH5 invasion complex and protection from Plasmodium falciparum malaria.
Weaver R, Reiling L, Feng G, Drew DR, Mueller I, Siba PM, Tsuboi T, Richards JS, Fowkes FJ, Beeson JG
Sci Rep. 2016 Sep; 6:33094
- Human antibodies fix complement to inhibit Plasmodium falciparum invasion of erythrocytes and are associated with protection against malaria.
Boyle MJ, Reiling L, Feng GQ, Langer C, Osier FH, Aspeling-Jones H, Cheng YS, Stubbs J, Tetteh KKA, Conway DJ, McCarthy JS, Muller I, Marsh K, Anders RF, Beeson JG
Immunity. 2015 Mar; 42(3):580-590
- Subclass responses and their half-lives for antibodies against EBA175 and PfRh2 in naturally acquired immunity against Plasmodium falciparum malaria.
Ahmed Ismail H, Tijani MK, Langer C, Reiling L, White MT, Beeson JG, Wahlgren M, Nwuba R, Persson KE
Malar J. 2014 Nov; 13(1):425
- Research priorities for the development and implementation of serological tools for malaria surveillance
Elliott SR, Fowkes FJI, Richards JS, Reiling L, Drew DR, Beeson JG
F1000Prime Reports. 2014 Nov; 6:100
- Opsonic phagocytosis of Plasmodium falciparum merozoites: mechanism in human immunity and a correlate of protection against malaria.
Osier FH, Feng G, Boyle MJ, Langer C, Zhou J, Richards JS, McCallum FJ, Reiling L, Jaworowski A, Anders RF, Marsh K, Beeson JG
BMC Med. 2014 Jul; 12(1):108
- Correlates of protection for Plasmodium falciparum malaria vaccine development: current knowledge and future research (Book Chapter)
Beeson JG, Fowkes FJI, Reiling L, Osier FH, Drew DR, Brown GV
Malaria Vaccine Development: Over 40 Years of Trials and Tribulations. 2014 Apr; Chapter 6:81-104
- Identification and prioritization of merozoite antigens as targets of protective human immunity to Plasmodium falciparum malaria for vaccine and biomarker development.
Richards JS, Arumugam TU, Reiling L, Healer J, Hodder AN, Fowkes FJ, Cross N, Langer C, Takeo S, Uboldi AD, Thompson JK, Gilson PR, Coppel RL, Siba PM, King CL, Torii M, Chitnis CE, Narum DL, Mueller I, Crabb BS, Cowman AF, Tsuboi T, Beeson JG
J Immunol. 2013 Jun; 191(2):795-809
- Erythrocyte-Binding Antigens of Plasmodium falciparum Are Targets of Human Inhibitory Antibodies and Function To Evade Naturally Acquired Immunity.
Persson KE, Fowkes FJ, McCallum FJ, Gicheru N, Reiling L, Richards JS, Wilson DW, Lopaticki S, Cowman AF, Marsh K, Beeson JG
J Immunol. 2013 Jun; 191(2):785-794
- Acquired antibodies to merozoite antigens in children from Uganda with uncomplicated or severe Plasmodium falciparum malaria.
Ahmed Ismail H, Ribacke U, Reiling L, Normark J, Egwang T, Kironde F, Beeson JG, Wahlgren M, Persson KE
Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Jun; 20(8):1170-1180
- The Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte invasion ligand Pfrh4 as a target of functional and protective human antibodies against malaria.
Reiling L, Richards JS, Fowkes FJ, Wilson DW, Chokejindachai W, Barry AE, Tham WH, Stubbs J, Langer C, Donelson J, Michon P, Tavul L, Crabb BS, Siba PM, Cowman AF, Mueller I, Beeson JG
PLoS One. 2012 Sep; 7(9):e45253
- Antigenic Characterisation of an Intrinsically Unstructured Protein: Plasmodium falciparum Merozoite Surface Protein 2.
Adda CG, Macraild CA, Reiling L, Wycherley K, Boyle MJ, Kienzle V, Masendycz P, Foley M, Beeson JG, Norton RS, Anders RF
Infect Immun. 2012 Sep; 80(12):4177-4185
- Targets of antibodies against Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes in malaria immunity.
Chan JA, Howell KB, Reiling L, Ataide R, Mackintosh CL, Fowkes FJ, Petter M, Chesson JM, Langer C, Warimwe GM, Duffy MF, Rogerson SJ, Bull PC, Cowman AF, Marsh K, Beeson JG
J Clin Invest. 2012 Sep; 122(9):3227-3238
- Evidence that the erythrocyte invasion ligand PfRh2 is a target of protective immunity against Plasmodium falciparum malaria.
Reiling L, Richards JS, Fowkes FJ, Barry AE, Triglia T, Chokejindachai W, Michon P, Tavul L, Siba PM, Cowman AF, Mueller I, Beeson JG
J Immunol. 2010 Nov; 185(10):6157-6167
- Overexpression of a single Leishmania major gene enhances parasite infectivity in vivo and in vitro.
Reiling L, Chrobak M, Schmetz C, Clos J
Mol Microbiol. 2010 Jun; 76(5):1175-1190
News Articles (3)