Professor Doyle is a clinician-researcher and dual-trained infectious diseases and public health physician. He is an infectious and communicable diseases expert with particular interest in the epidemiology, management and prevention of blood borne viruses (HIV, hepatitis C and hepatitis B).
Professor Doyle specialised in infectious diseases at The Alfred where he still works clinically as a consultant physician. He completed his MPH at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, and his public health fellowship was undertaken at the Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory and Burnet Institute. His PhD at Monash School of Population Health was focused on the effectiveness of early hepatitis C treatment.
Professor Doyle is President-elect of the Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Infectious Diseases at The Alfred and Monash University, and is clinical lead for Alfred Health Population Health Partnership. He is jointly appointed as Deputy Director of Disease Elimination Program and Head of Infectious Diseases Clinical Research at Burnet Institute.
- 2015: PhD, Monash University
- 2014: FAFPHM, Fellow of Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine, Australia
- 2011: FRACP in Infectious Diseases, Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Physicians, Australia
- 2006: MPH, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, United Kingdom
- 2005: BA (Hons), Department of Political Science, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 2002: MBBS, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Member, Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee
- Deputy Program Director, Disease Elimination, Burnet Institute
- Co-Head, Viral Hepatitis Elimination, Burnet Institute
- 2023-ongoing: NHMRC Clinical Research Fellow, Monash University
- Senior Research Fellow, Department of Infectious Diseases, Monash University
- Honorary Research Fellow, Department of Gastroenterology, St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne
- Adjunct Senior Lecturer, School of Population Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University
- Consultant Infectious Diseases Physician, The Alfred Hospital, Victoria, Australia
- 2017: Burnet Institute Gust-McKenzie Medal
- 2014: NHMRC Early Career Fellowship
- 2011: NHMRC Postgraduate Scholarship
- 2015-2016: Postdoctoral Fellowship, Department of Gastroenterology, St Vincent’s Hospital and University of Melbourne
- 2011-2014: PhD Candidate, Burnet Institute, Centre for Population Health
- 2008-2011: Infectious Diseases Fellowship undertaken at the Royal Melbourne, Alfred and St Vincent’s Hospitals, and the Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory, Victoria, Australia