Campbell joined the Burnet Institute in 1995. Since that time he has conducted research on a broad spectrum of topics in the fields of drug use and blood-borne virus epidemiology. With particular expertise in injecting drug use and the hepatitis C virus, Campbell is the author or co-author of over 75 articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- 1993: PhD, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 1989: BSc (Hons), Monash University, Australia
- Senior Research Fellow, Burnet Institute, Victoria, Australia
- Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- CEO, Express Editing Writing and Research