Professor Stoové is Head of the Public Health Discipline and a co-Head of the HIV Elimination Program at Burnet Institute.
He has researched the transmission and impact of sexually transmitted and blood borne viruses among key risk populations for almost 20 years. His research program undertakes sexually transmitted and blood borne virus surveillance nationally and within specific jurisdictions across Australia.
He also specialises in behavioural epidemiology, data linkage, and implementation science projects focused on reducing the transmission and burden of infectious diseases. His projects include bio-behavioural cohort studies of gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men and people who inject drugs.
He has published over 140 peer reviewed papers and assumes various editorial roles for international peer review journal editorial roles as well as conference convening roles. Over the past five years he has attracted in excess of AUD$25 million in research funds as a lead investigator.
- 2017: Head of Public Health Discipline, Burnet Institute
- 2017: Co-Head, Eliminate HIV sub-Program, Disease Elimination Program, Burnet Institute
- 2012: Head, HIV Research; Head, Justice Health Research, Burnet Institute
- 2011: Principal for Sexual and Reproductive Health, Burnet Institute
- 2007-2012: Senior Research Fellow / Head of HIV/STI Research - Centre for Population Health, Burnet Institute, Victoria, Australia
- 2007-present: Honorary Research Fellow - School of Psychology, Deakin University, Victoria, Australia
- 2008-present: Adjunct Research Fellow – Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- 2004: PhD, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia.
- 1999: Grad Dip (Ed) RMIT, Melbourne, Australia
- 1995: BA AppSci (Hons, First Class), Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia.
Access Point Of Care Initiative
ACCESS: The Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of Blood Borne Viruses and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Ageing Well with HIV
Assessing the feasibility of an integrated HIV cascade of care surveillance system in Myanmar (ACCESS Myanmar)
Breaking the cycle: supporting people with drug use histories to avoid reincarceration
co-EC Study: Eliminating hepatitis C/HIV coinfection
Community-Based Rapid HIV Testing Services
COVASIM: Modelling COVID-19
CREIDU: Centre for Research Excellence into Injecting Drug Use
EC Partnership: Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership
Eliminate Hepatitis C Australia Partnership: EC Australia
Evaluation of Malaria Case-Based Reporting using a mobile phone application in Myanmar
HIV Prevention Cohort
Improving Hepatitis B Virus screening in general practice in Victoria
PrEPX: Rapid scale-up of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
PRONTO! Rapid HIV point-of-care testing in Victoria
SHARP: Sexual Health And Risk Prevention Study
TAIPAN: HIV cascade surveillance
The International Collaboration on Hepatitis C Elimination in HIV Cohorts (InCHEHC)
The Optimise Study: Optimising Isolation, Quarantine and Distancing for COVID-19
The Optimise Study: Recruitment Information
The QuickStart Study
PATH Cohort Study
- Micro-elimination of hepatitis C among people with HIV coinfection: declining incidence and prevalence accompanying a multi-center treatment scale-up trial.
Doyle JS, van Santen DK, Iser D, Sasadeusz J, O'Reilly M, Harney B, Traeger MW, Roney J, Cutts JC, Bowring AL, Winter R, Medland N, Fairley CK, Moore R, Tee B, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Hoy JF, Matthews GV, Prins M, Stoové MA, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Oct; Epub ahead of print
- Improved capture of trans and gender-diverse people diagnosed with HIV infection in Victoria following refinement to notification form.
Ryan KE, Wiggins J, Higgins N, El-Hayek C, Stoové M
HIV Med. 2020 Sep; 21(10):E23-E24
- Efficacy and safety of sofosbuvir/velpatasvir/voxilaprevir for HCV NS5A-inhibitor experienced patients with difficult to cure characteristics.
Papaluca T, Roberts SK, Strasser SI, Stuart KA, Farrell G, MacQuillan G, Dore GJ, Wade AJ, George J, Hazeldine S, O'Beirne J, Wigg A, Fisher L, McGarity B, Sawhney R, Sinclair M, Thomas J, Valiozis I, Weltman M, Wilson M, Woodward A, Ahlenstiel G, Haque M, Levy M, Prewett E, Sievert W, Sood S, Tse E, Valaydon Z, Bowden S, Douglas M, New K, O'Keefe J, Hellard M, Doyle J, Stoové M, Thompson AJ
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Integrating episodes of imprisonment and the cascade of care for opioid use disorder.
Reece Cossar, Ashleigh Stewart, Rebecca Winter, Michael Curtis, Paul Dietze, James R P Ogloff, Mark Stoové
Addiction. 2020 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2020 Sep; Preprint Epub ahead of print
- Phylogenetic clustering networks among heterosexual migrants with new HIV diagnoses post-migration in Australia.
Sacks-Davis R, Chibo D, Peach E, Aleksic E, Crowe SM, El Hayek C, Marukutira T, Higgins N, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2020 Sep; 15(9):e0237469
- Using digital communication technology to increase HIV testing among men who have sex with men and transgender women: Systematic review and meta-analysis
Veronese V, Ryan KE, Hughes C, Lim MS, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Jul; 22(7):e14230
- Sustained, low prevalence of undiagnosed HIV among gay and bisexual men in Sydney, Australia coincident with increased testing and pre-exposure prophylaxis use: results from repeated, bio-behavioural studies 2014-2018.
Keen P, Lee E, Grulich AE, Prestage G, Guy R, Stoové MA, Bavinton BR, Asselin J, Hammoud MA, Broady T, Duck T, Holt M
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2020 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- The potential impact of a gel-based point-of-sex intervention in reducing gonorrhoea incidence among gay and bisexual men: a modelling study.
Traeger MW, Tidhar T, Holt M, Williams C, Wright EJ, Stoové MA, Scott N, Hellard ME
Sex Transm Dis. 2020 Jul; 47(10):649-657
- The Preferred Qualities of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing and Self-Testing Among Men Who Have Sex With Men: A Discrete Choice Experiment.
Ong JJ, De Abreu Lourenco R, Street D, Smith K, Jamil MS, Terris-Prestholt F, Fairley CK, McNulty A, Hynes A, Johnson K, Chow EPF, Bavinton B, Grulich A, Stoové M, Holt M, Kaldor J, Guy R
Value Health. 2020 Jul; 23(7):870-879
- The impact of universal access to direct-acting antiviral therapy on the hepatitis C cascade of care among individuals attending primary and community health services.
Traeger MW, Pedrana AE, van Santen DK, Doyle JS, Howell J, Thompson AJ, El-Hayek C, Asselin J, Polkinghorne V, Membrey D, Bramwell F, Carter A, Guy R, Stoové MA, Hellard ME; EC Victoria Partnership and the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of Blood-borne Viruses and Sexually Transmitted Infections (ACCESS)
PLoS One. 2020 Jun; 15(6):e0235445
- Privacy-Preserving Record Linkage of Deidentified Records Within a Public Health Surveillance System: Evaluation Study.
Nguyen L, Stoové M, Boyle D, Callander D, McManus H, Asselin J, Guy R, Donovan B, Hellard M, El-Hayek C
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Jun; 22(6):e16757
- The response to COVID-19 in prisons must consider the broader mental health impacts for people in prison.
Stewart A, Cossar R, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2020 Jun; Epub ahead of print:4867420937806
- A Mobile Phone-Based Sexual and Reproductive Health Intervention for Female Sex Workers in Kenya: Development and Qualitative Study.
Ampt FH, L'Engle K, Lim MSC, Plourde KF, Mangone E, Mukanya CM, Gichangi P, Manguro G, Hellard M, Stoové M, Chersich MF, Jaoko W, Agius PA, Temmerman M, Wangari W, Luchters S
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2020 May; 8(5):e15096
- Trends in human immunodeficiency virus and sexually transmitted Infection testing among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men after rapid scale-up of preexposure prophylaxis in Victoria, Australiaia.
Ryan KE, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Armishaw J, Lal L, Nguyen L, Murphy D, Traeger M, Hellard M, Hoy J, Stoové M, Wright E; PrEPX Study team
Sex Transm Dis. 2020 Apr; 47(8):516-552
- Australia needs to increase testing to achieve hepatitis C elimination.
Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Wade AJ, Stoové M, Pedrana A, Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2020 Mar; 212(8):365-370
- Gaps in the HIV diagnosis and care cascade for migrants in Australia, 2013-2017: A cross-sectional study.
Marukutira T, Gray RT, Douglass C, El-Hayek C, Moreira C, Asselin J, Donovan B, Vickers T, Spelman T, Crowe S, Guy R, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS Med. 2020 Mar; 17(3):e1003044
- Point-of-care HIV testing can help achieve UNAIDS targets.
Hellard M, Ryan KE, Stoové M
Lancet HIV. 2020 Feb; 7(4):e216-e217
- HIV incidence and factors associated with testing positive for HIV among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Myanmar: data from community-based HIV testing services.
Veronese V, Traeger M, Oo ZM, Tun TT, Oo NN, Maung H, Hughes C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25454
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis for female sex workers: ensuring women's family planning needs are not left behind.
Bowring AL, Ampt FH, Schwartz S, Stoové MA, Luchters S, Baral S, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25442
- Prevalence of daily tobacco smoking participation among HIV-positive and HIV-negative Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Wilkinson A, Quinn B, Draper B, White S, Hellard M, Stoové M
HIV Med. 2020 Feb; 21(2):e3-e4
- Trends in late and advanced HIV diagnoses among migrants in Australia; implications for progress on Fast-Track targets: A retrospective observational study.
Marukutira T, Gunaratnam P, Douglass C, Jamil MS, McGregor S, Guy R, Gray RT, Spelman T, Horyniak D, Higgins N, Giele C, Crowe SM, Stoové M, Hellard M
Medicine. 2020 Feb; 99(8):e19289
- "That's the Lowest Place on Earth!" Experiences of the Carceral Spaces of Australian Police Custody for Marginalized Young Men.
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Qual Health Res. 2020 Jan; 30(6):880-893
- Modelling the impact of migrants on the success of the HIV care and treatment program in Botswana.
Marukutira T, Scott N, Kelly SL, Birungi C, Makhema JM, Crowe S, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2020 Jan; 15(1):e0226422
- Treading lightly: Finding the best way to use public health surveillance of hepatitis C diagnoses to increase access to cure.
Stoové M, Wallace J, Higgs P, Pedrana A, Goutzamanis S, Latham N, Scott N, Treloar C, Crawford S, Doyle J, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 75:102596
- "A spray bottle and a lollipop stick": An examination of policy prohibiting sterile injecting equipment in prison and effects on young men with injecting drug use histories.
Walker S, Seear K, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 80:102532
- Prison-based harm reduction measures as part of hepatitis C virus treatment.
Curtis M, Higgs P, Stoové M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Dec; 4(12):903
- Retreatment with Elbasvir, Grazoprevir, Sofosbuvir +/- Ribavirin is effective for GT3 and GT1/4/6 HCV infection after relapse.
Papaluca T, Sinclair M, Gow P, Pianko S, Sievert W, Arachchi N, Cameron K, Bowden S, O'Keefe J, Doyle J, Stoove M, Hellard M, Iser D, Thompson A
Liver Int. 2019 Dec; 39(12):2285-2290
- Prevalence of baseline HCV NS5A resistance associated substitutions in genotype 1a, 1b and 3 infection in Australia
Papalucaa T, .O’Keefe J, Bowden S, Doyle JS, Stoové M, Hellard M, Thompson AJ
J Clin Virol. 2019 Oct; 120:84-87
- Point-of-care hepatitis C testing from needle and syringe programs: An Australian feasibility study.
Williams B, Howell J, Doyle J, Thompson AJ, Draper B, Layton C, Latham N, Bramwell F, Membrey D, Mcpherson M, Roney J, Stoové M, Hellard ME, Pedrana A
Int J Drug Policy. 2019 Oct; 72:91-98
- Two decades of surveillance data show late presentation among a diverse group of women diagnosed with HIV in Victoria, Australia.
Moreira C, Boughey A, Ryan KE, Higgins N, Rotty J, West M, Hellard M, Stoové M, El-Hayek C
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2019 Oct; 43(5):413-418
- A comparative, retrospective analysis of HIV testing among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men in Melbourne, Australia.
Ryan KE, Wilkinson AL, Chow E, Read T, Chen M, Locke P, Leitinger D, Bradshaw C, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Fairley CK, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2019 Oct; 43(5):419-423
- Risk of Subsequent HIV Infection Following Sexually Transmissible Infections Among Men Who Have Sex With Men.
Harney BL, Agius PA, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Chow EPF, Roth N, Tee BK, Leslie D, Tachedjian G, Hellard M, Stoové M
Open Forum Infect Dis. 2019 Oct; 6(10):ofz376
- Gonorrhoea gone wild: rising incidence of gonorrhoea and associated risk factors among gay and bisexual men attending Australian sexual health clinics.
Callander D, Guy R, Fairley CK, McManus H, Prestage G, Chow EPF, Chen M, Connor CCO, Grulich AE, Bourne C, Hellard M, Stoové M, Donovan B
Sex Health. 2019 Sep; 16(5):457-463
- Assessment of service refinement and its impact on repeat HIV testing by client's access to Australia's universal healthcare system: a retrospective cohort study.
Ryan KE, Wilkinson AL, Asselin J, Leitinger DP, Locke P, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 Aug; 22(8):e25353
- Australia’s progress towards hepatitis C elimination. Annual Report 2019
Burnet Institute and Kirby Institute (Prepared by Wilkinson A, Edited by Margaret Hellard M, Stoové, M, Dore G, Grebely J, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Thompson A, Hajarizadeh B, Alavi M, Aitken C)
Annual Report. 2019 Jul
- Clinical outcomes of a cohort of migrants and citizens living with human immunodeficiency virus in Botswana: implications for Joint United Nation Program on HIV and AIDS 90-90-90 targets.
Marukutira T, Yin D, Cressman L, Kariuki R, Malone B, Spelman T, Mawandia S, Ledikwe JH, Semo BW, Crowe S, Stoove M, Hellard M, Dickinson D
Medicine. 2019 Jun; 98(23):e15994
- Use of long-acting reversible contraception in a cluster-random sample of female sex workers in Kenya.
Ampt FH, Lim MSC, Agius PA, Chersich MF, Manguro G, Gichuki CM, Stoové M, Temmerman M, Jaoko W, Hellard M, Gichangi P, Luchters S
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2019 May; 146(2):184-191
- Hepatitis C risk perceptions and attitudes towards reinfection among HIV-diagnosed gay and bisexual men in Melbourne, Australia.
Schroeder SE, Higgs P, Winter R, Brown G, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Doyle J, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2019 May; 22(5):e25288
- Pathology laboratory surveillance in the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS) of sexually transmitted infections and blood borne viruses: Study Protocol.
van Gemert C, Guy R, Stoove M, Dimech W, El-Hayek C, Asselin J, Moreira C, Nguyen L, Callander D, Boyle D, Donovan B, Hellard M
J Med Internet Res. 2019 May; 8(8):e13625
- The Prison and Transition Health (PATH) Cohort Study: Study Protocol and Baseline Characteristics of a Cohort of Men with a History of Injecting Drug Use Leaving Prison in Australia.
Kirwan A, Curtis M, Dietze P, Aitken C, Woods E, Walker S, Kinner S, Ogloff J, Butler T, Stoové M
J Urban Health. 2019 Apr; 96(3):400-410
- Association of HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis With Incidence of Sexually Transmitted Infections Among Individuals at High Risk of HIV Infection.
Traeger MW, Cornelisse VJ, Asselin J, Price B, Roth NJ, Willcox J, Tee BK, Fairley CK, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Vujovic O, Penn M, Cundill P, Forgan-Smith G, Gall J, Pickett C, Lal L, Mak A, Spelman TD, Nguyen L, Murphy DA, Ryan KE, El-Hayek C, West M, Ruth S, Batrouney C, Lockwood JT, Hoy JF, Hellard ME, Stoové MA, Wright EJ; PrEPX Study Team
JAMA. 2019 Apr; 321(14):1380-1390
- Tracking the uptake of outcomes of hepatitis B virus testing using laboratory data in Victoria, 2011-2016; a population-level cohort study.
van Gemert C, Dimech W, Stoové M , Guy R , Howell J , Bowden S, Nicholson S , Pendle S , Donovan B , Hellard M
Sexual Health. 2019 Mar; 16:358-366
- Injecting drug use is an independent risk factor for reincarceration after release from prison: A prospective cohort study.
Winter RJ, Stoové M, Agius PA, Hellard ME, Kinner SA
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2019 Mar; 38(3):254-263
- Mortality among people who inject drugs: Ten-year follow-up of the HCV Cohort
Kimber J, Stoové M, Maher L
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2019 Mar; 38(3):270-273
- Estimating the syphilis epidemic among gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men in Australia following changes in HIV care and prevention.
Wilkinson A, Scott N, Tidhar T, Luong P, El-Hayek C , Wilson D, Fairley C, Zhang L, Leslie D , Roth N , Tee BK , Hellard M , Stoové M
Sex Health. 2019 Feb; 16(3):254-262
- Understanding HIV and hepatitis C virus risk among incarcerated young men with histories of injecting drug use.
Walker S, Stoové M, Wilson M, Higgs P.
Lancet Infect Dis. 2019 Feb; 19(2):130-131
- "We are not gays... don't tell me those things": engaging 'hidden' men who have sex with men and transgender women in HIV prevention in Myanmar.
Veronese V, Clouse E, Wirtz AL, Thu KH, Naing S, Baral SD, Stoové M, Beyrer C
BMC Public Health. 2019 Jan; 19(1):63
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C in prisoners using a nurse-led, state-wide model of care.
Papaluca T, McDonald L, Craigie A, Gibson A, Desmond P, Wong D, Winter R, Scott N, Howell J, Doyle J, Pedrana A, Lloyd A, Stoové M, Hellard M, Iser D, Thompson A
J Hepatol. 2019 Jan; 70(5):839-846
- Drug overdose in the ED: a record linkage study examining emergency department ICD-10 coding practices in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Di Rico R, Nambiar D, Stoové M, Dietze P
BMC Health Serv Res. 2018 Dec; 18(1):945
- Evaluation of PrEP eligibility criteria using sexually transmissible infections as HIV risk markers at enrolment in PrEPX, a large Australian HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis trial.
Cornelisse VJ, Fairley CK, Stoove M, Asselin J, Chow EPF, Price B, Roth NJ, Willcox J, Tee BK, Penn M, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Forgan-Smith G, Wright EJ; PrEPX study team
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Nov; 67(12):1847-52
- Monitoring the Control of Sexually Transmissible Infections and Blood-Borne Viruses: Protocol for the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS).
Callander D, Moreira C, El-Hayek C, Asselin J, van Gemert C, Watchirs Smith L, Nguyen L, Dimech W, Boyle DI, Donovan B, Stoové M, Hellard M, Guy R
JMIR Res Protoc. 2018 Nov; 7(11):e11028
- Assessing the Impacts of Integrated Decision Support Software on Sexual Orientation Recording, Comprehensive Sexual Health Testing, and Detection of Infections Among Gay and Bisexual Men Attending General Practice: Observational Study.
Callander D, Bourne C, Wand H, Stoové M, Hocking JS, de Wit J, Kaldor JM, Donovan B, Pell C, Finlayson R, Baker D, Forssman B, Tee BK, Kefalas B, Duck T, Guy R
JMIR Med Inform. 2018 Nov; 6(4):e10808
- Lifetime prevalence and correlates of self-harm and suicide attempts among male prisoners with histories of injecting drug use.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Dietze P, Armstrong G, Curtis M, Kinner SA, Ogloff JRP, Kirwan A, Stoové M
Health Justice. 2018 Oct; 6(1):19
- Aiming for 90-90-90 - the importance of understanding the risk factors for HIV exposure and advanced HIV infection in migrant populations and other groups who do not report male-to-male sex.
Peach E, Lemoh C, Stoové M, Agius P, El Hayek C, Higgins N, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2018 Oct; 15(5):441-450
- Blood-borne virus transmission in an urban, culturally diverse neighbourhood: results from a cross-sectional bio-behavioural survey using innovative outreach methods in a hard-to-reach population.
Peach E, Cogger S, Byron K, Francis P, O'Keefe D, Higgs P, Stoove M, Elmore K, Dietze P, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2018 Oct; 15(1):54-60
- Acceptability of prison-based take-home naloxone programmes among a cohort of incarcerated men with a history of regular injecting drug use.
Curtis M, Dietze P, Aitken C, Kirwan A, Kinner SA, Butler T, Stoové M
Harm Reduct J. 2018 Sep; 15(1):48
- Characteristics of men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender women (TW) in Myanmar who test frequently for HIV.
Veronese V, Min Oo Z, Win Thein Z, Draper B, Aung PP, Ryan C, Thant M, Hughes C, Stoovè M
J Glob Health Rep. 2018 Jul; 2:e2018040
- “I Lost Me Visits” A critical examination of prison drug policy and Its effects on connection to family for incarcerated young men with histories of injecting drug use.
Walker S, Lancaster K, Stoové M, Higgs P, Wilson M
Contemporary Drug Problems. 2018 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Measuring and understanding the attitudes of Australian gay and bisexual men towards biomedical HIV prevention using cross-sectional data and factor analyses.
Wilkinson AL, Draper BL, Pedrana AE, Asselin J, Holt M, Hellard ME, Stoové M
Sex Transm Infect. 2018 Jun; 94(4):309-3014
- Protocol for an HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Population Level Intervention Study in Victoria Australia: The PrEPX Study.
Ryan KE, Mak A, Stoove M, Price B, Fairley CK, Ruth S, Lal L, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Nguyen L, Batrouney C, Wilson D, Lockwood J, Murphy D, Cornelisse VJ, Roth N, Willcox J, Chang CC, Armishaw J, Tee BK, Penn M, Forgan-Smith G, Williams C, Montgomery J, Byron K, Coelho A, Allen B, Wiggins J, Kelsall J, Vujovic O, West M, Pierce AB, Gallant D, Bell C, de Wit JBF, Hoy JF, Wesselingh SL, Grant RM, Wright EJ
Front Public Health. 2018 May; 6:151
- Implications of survey labels and categorisations for understanding drug use in the context of sex among gay and bisexual men in Melbourne, Australia.
Ryan KE, Wilkinson AL, Pedrana A, Quinn B, Dietze P, Hellard M, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2018 May; 55:183-186
- Undiagnosed HIV infections among gay and bisexual men increasingly contribute to new infections in Australia.
Gray RT, Wilson DP, Guy RJ, Stoové M, Hellard ME, Prestage GP, Lea T, de Wit J, Holt M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Apr; 21(4):e25104
- Re-Wired: treatment and peer support for men who have sex with men who use methamphetamine.
Burgess K, Parkhill G, Wiggins J, Ruth S, Stoovè M
Sex Health. 2018 Apr; 15(2):157-159
- Comfort Relying on HIV Pre-exposure Prophylaxis and Treatment as Prevention for Condomless Sex: Results of an Online Survey of Australian Gay and Bisexual Men.
Holt M, Draper BL, Pedrana AE, Wilkinson AL, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Mar; 22(11):3617-3626
- Achieving 90-90-90 HIV targets will not be enough to achieve the HIV incidence reduction target in Australia.
Scott N, Stoové M, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar; 66(7):1019-1023
- Comparing Australian gay and bisexual men with undiagnosed and recently diagnosed HIV infection to those in the National HIV Registry.
Down I, Prestage G, Brown G, Ellard J, Guy R, Hellard M, Wilson D, de Wit J, Stoové M, Holt M
Sex Health. 2018 Mar; 15(3):276-281
- Effects of Pre-exposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV Infection on Sexual Risk Behavior in Men Who Have Sex with Men: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Traeger MW, Schroeder SE, Wright EJ, Hellard ME, Cornelisse VJ, Doyle JS, Stoové MA
Clin Infect Dis. 2018 Mar; 67(5):676-686
- A tale of two countries: progress towards UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets in Botswana and Australia.
Marukutira T, Stoové M, Lockman S, Mills LA, Gaolathe T, Lebelonyane R, Jarvis JN, Kelly SL, Wilson DP, Luchters S, Crowe SM, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Mar; 21(3):e25090
- Are people who inject drugs frequent users of emergency department services? A cohort study (2008-2013).
Nambiar D, Spelman T, Stoové M, Dietze P
Subst Use Misuse. 2018 Feb; 53(3):457-465
- Acceptability of Peer-Delivered HIV Testing and Counselling Among Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM) and Transgender Women (TW) in Myanmar.
Veronese V, Oo ZM, Thein ZW, Aung PP, Draper BL, Hughes C, Ryan C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Feb; 22(8):2426-2434
- Declining prevalence of undiagnosed HIV in Melbourne: results from community-based bio-behavioural studies of gay and bisexual men.
Stoové M, Asselin J, Pedrana A, Lea T, Hellard M, Wilson D, Prestage G, de Wit J, Holt M
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2018 Feb; 42(1):57-61
- The associations of poor psychiatric well-being among incarcerated men with injecting drug use histories in Victoria, Australia.
Cossar R, Stoové M, Kinner SA, Dietze P, Aitken C, Curtis M, Kirwan A, Ogloff JRP
Health Justice. 2018 Jan; 6(1):1
- Eliminating hepatitis C virus as a public health threat among HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a multi-modelling approach to understand differences in sexual risk behaviour.
Scott N, Stoové M, Wilson DP, Keiser O, El-Hayek C, Doyle J, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2018 Jan; 21(1):e25059
- Narratives of Young Men With Injecting Drug Use Histories Leaving Adult Prison.
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol. 2018 Jan; ;62(12):3681-3707
- Acceptability and HIV prevention benefits of a peer-based model of rapid point of care HIV testing for Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Leitinger D, Ryan KE, Brown G, Pedrana A, Wilkinson AL, Ryan C, Hellard M, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2018 Jan; 22(1):178-189
- Syndromic management of sexually transmissible infections in resource-poor settings: a systematic review with meta-analysis of the abnormal vaginal discharge flowchart for Neisseria gonorrhoea and Chlamydia trachomatis.
van Gemert C, Hellard M, Bradshaw CS, Fowkes FJI, Agius PA, Stoove M, Bennett CM
Sex Health. 2018 Jan; 15(1):1-12
- Trial and error: evaluating and refining a community model of HIV testing in Australia.
Ryan KE, Pedrana A, Leitinger D, Wilkinson AL, Locke P, Hellard ME, Stoové M
BMC Health Serv Res. 2017 Oct; 17(1):692
- Knowledge and practices of chronic hepatitis B virus testing by general practitioners in Victoria, Australia, 2014-15.
van Gemert C, Howell J, Wang J, Stoové M, Cowie B, Allard N, Enright C, Dunn E, Towell V, Hellard M
Aust Fam Physician. 2017 Sep; 46(9):683-689
- A prospective cohort study of hospital separations among people who inject drugs in Australia: 2008-2013.
Nambiar D, Stoové M, Hickman M, Dietze P
BMJ Open. 2017 Aug; 7(8):e014854
- WHISPER or SHOUT study: protocol of a cluster-randomised controlled trial assessing mHealth sexual reproductive health and nutrition interventions among female sex workers in Mombasa, Kenya.
Ampt FH, Mudogo C, Gichangi P, Lim MSC, Manguro G, Chersich M, Jaoko W, Temmerman M, Laini M, Comrie-Thomson L, Stoové M, Agius PA, Hellard M, L'Engle K, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2017 Aug; 7(8):e017388
- Willingness to use HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis among gay men, other men who have sex with men and transgender women in Myanmar.
Draper BL, Oo ZM, Thein ZW, Aung PP, Veronese V, Ryan C, Thant M, Hughes C, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2017 Jul; 20(1):21885
- New hepatitis C antiviral treatments eliminate the virus.
Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Higgs P, Stoove M, Dietze PM, Hellard ME
Lancet. 2017 Jul; 390(10092):358-359
- Injecting drug use in low and middle income countries: opportunities to improve care and prevent harm.
O'Keefe D, Stoové M, Doyle J, Dietze P, Hellard M.
J Viral Hepat. 2017 Jun; 24(9):714-724
- Longitudinal changes in personal wellbeing in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Scott N, Carrotte ER, Higgs P, Stoové MA, Aitken CK, Dietze PM
PLoS One. 2017 May; 12(5):e0178474
- Frequent emergency department presentations among people who inject drugs: A record linkage study.
Nambiar D, Stoové M, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2017 May; 44:115-120
- Medication adherence, condom use and sexually transmitted infections in Australian PrEP users: interim results from the Victorian PrEP Demonstration Project.
Lal L, Audsley J, Murphy D, Fairley CK, Stoove M, Roth N, Moore R, Tee BK, Puratmaja N, Anderson PL, Leslie D, Grant RM, De Wit J, Wright E; VicPrEP Study Team.
AIDS. 2017 May; 31(12):1709-1714
- Wilkinson et al. Respond to "Latent Transition Analyses in Clinical Cohorts".
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Tee BK, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
Am J Epidemiol. 2017 Apr; 185(8):639-640
- Utility of risk-based chlamydia testing in primary care: analysis of retrospective surveillance data among women in Melbourne, Australia.
Wilkinson AL, McNamee K, El-Hayek C, Chow EP, Bradshaw CS, Roth N, Tee BK, Stoové M, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2017 Apr; 14(3):268-273
- The effects of needle-sharing and opioid substitution therapy on incidence of hepatitis C virus infection and reinfection in people who inject drugs.
Aitken CK, Agius PA, Higgs PG, Stoové MA, Bowden DS, Dietze PM
Epidemiol Infect. 2017 Mar; 145(4):796-801
- Measuring transitions in sexual risk among Men Who Have Sex With Men: The novel use of latent class and latent transition analysis in HIV sentinel surveillance.
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Roth N, Tee BK, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
Am J Epidemiol. 2017 Mar; 185(8):627-635
- Comparing non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis drug regimens for HIV: insights from a linked HIV surveillance system.
Pierce AB, El-Hayek C, McCarthy D, Armishaw J, Watson K, Wilkinson A, Price B, Wright EJ, Hoy JF, Stoové MA
Sex Health. 2017 Feb; 14(2):179-87
- Achieving development goals for HIV, tuberculosis and malaria in sub-Saharan Africa through integrated antenatal care: barriers and challenges.
Fowkes FJ, Draper BL, Hellard M, Stoové M
BMC Med. 2016 Dec; 14(1):202
- A longitudinal cohort study of HIV 'treatment as prevention' in gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men: the Treatment with Antiretrovirals and their Impact on Positive And Negative men (TAIPAN) study protocol.
Callander D, Stoové M, Carr A, Hoy JF, Petoumenos K, Hellard M, Elliot J, Templeton DJ, Liaw S, Wilson DP, Grulich A, Cooper DA, Pedrana A, Donovan B, McMahon J, Prestage G, Holt M, Fairley CK, McKellar-Stewart N, Ruth S, Asselin J, Keen P, Cooper C, Allan B, Kaldor JM, Guy R
BMC Infect Dis. 2016 Dec; 16(1):752
- A nurse-led intervention improved blood-borne virus testing and vaccination in Victorian prisons.
Winter RJ, White B, Kinner SA, Stoové M, Guy R, Hellard ME
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2016 Oct; 40(6):592-594
- Resumption of injecting drug use following release from prison in Australia.
Winter RJ, Young JT, Stoové M, Agius PA, Hellard ME, Kinner SA
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016 Sep; 168:104-111
- A 'test and treat' prevention strategy in Australia requires innovative HIV testing models: a cohort study of repeat testing among 'high-risk' men who have sex with men.
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Spelman T, Fairley CK, Leslie D, McBryde ES, Hellard M, Stoové M
Sex Transm Infect. 2016 Sep; 92(6):464-466
- Longitudinal changes in psychological distress in a cohort of people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Scott N, Carrotte ER, Higgs P, Cogger S, Stoové MA, Aitken CK, Dietze PM
Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2016 Aug; 168:140-146
- Characteristics of gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men testing and retesting at Australia’s first shop-front rapid point-of-care HIV testing service.
Ryan KE, Wilkinson AL, Leitinger D, El-Hayek C, Ryan C, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Stoové M
Sex Health. 2016 Aug; 13(6):560-567
- Alcohol and other drug treatment policy in Australia.
Alison Ritter, Mark Stoove
Med J Aust. 2016 Mar; 204(4):138
- It’s time: a case for trialling a needle and syringe program in Australian prisons.
HIV Australia. 2016 Mar; 14(1):6-8
- Improving the identification of priority populations to increase hepatitis B testing rates, 2012.
van Gemert C, Wang J, Simmons J, Cowie B, Boyle D, Stoove M, Enright C, Hellard M
BMC Public Health. 2016 Feb; 16(1):95
- HIV and Sexual Risk Among Men Who Have Sex With Men and Women in Asia: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
Bowring AL, Veronese V, Doyle JS, Stoové M, Hellard M
AIDS Behav. 2016 Jan; 20(10):2243-2265
- One-year changes in methamphetamine use, dependence and remission in a community-recruited cohort.
Quinn B, Stoové MA, Dietze P
J Subst Use. 2016 Jan; 21(3):279-286
- The Impact of a Social Marketing Campaign on HIV and Sexually Transmissible Infection Testing Among Men Who Have Sex With Men in Australia.
Wilkinson AL, Pedrana AE, El-Hayek C, Vella AM, Asselin J, Batrouney C, Fairley CK, Read TR, Hellard M, Stoové M
Sex Transm Dis. 2016 Jan; 43(1):49-56
- Modelling the Impact of Condom Distribution on the Incidence and Prevalence of Sexually Transmitted Infections in an Adult Male Prison System.
Scott N, McBryde E, Kirwan A, Stoové M
PLoS One. 2015 Dec; 10(12):e0144869
- Mortality in the Melbourne injecting drug user cohort study (MIX).
Nambiar D, Agius PA, Stoové M, Hickman M, Dietze P
Harm Reduct J. 2015 Dec; 12(1):55
- Patterns of, and Factors Associated With, Illicit Pharmaceutical Opioid Analgesic Use in a Prospective Cohort of People Who Inject Drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Horyniak D, Agius PA, Degenhardt L, Reddel S, Higgs P, Aitken C, Stoové M, Dietze P
Subst Use Misuse. 2015 Nov; 50(13):1650-1659
- The prevalence and correlates of undiagnosed HIV among Australian gay and bisexual men: results of a national, community-based, bio-behavioural survey.
Holt M, Lea T, Asselin J, Hellard M, Prestage G, Wilson D, de Wit J, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2015 Nov; 18(1):20526
- Going tobacco free in Australian prisons – increasing tattooing harm?
Treloar C, Baldry E, Higgs P, Dietze P, Stoové M, Lloyd A
Int J Prisoner Health. 2015 Nov; 11(4):Viewpoint
- Salvaging a prison needle and syringe program trial in Australia requires leadership and respect for evidence.
Stoové M, Treloar CJ, Maher L, Tyrrell H, Wallace J
Med J Aust. 2015 Oct; 203(8):319-320
- Development and pilot of a framework to evaluate reproductive health call centre services: experience of Marie Stopes international.
Yagnik P, Gold J, Stoove M, Reichwein B, van Gemert C, Corby N, Lim MS
BMC Health Serv Res. 2015 Sep; 15(1):398
- Correlates of property crime in a cohort of recently released prisoners with a history of injecting drug use.
Kirwan A, Quinn B, Winter R, Kinner SA, Dietze P, Stoové M
Harm Reduct J. 2015 Aug; 12(1):23
- Cessation of injecting drug use: The effects of health service utilisation, drug use and demographic factors.
Nambiar D, Agius PA, Stoové M, Hickman M, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2015 Jun; 154:208-213
- Incidence and predictors of non-fatal drug overdose after release from prison among people who inject drugs in Queensland, Australia.
Winter RJ, Stoové M, Degenhardt L, Hellard ME, Spelman T, Jenkinson R, McCarthy DR, Kinner SA
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2015 Jun; 153:43-49
- "Seek, Test, Treat" Lessons from Australia: A Study of HIV testing patterns from a cohort of men who have sex with men.
Wilkinson AL, El-Hayek C, Spelman T, Fairley C, Leslie D, McBryde E, Hellard M, Stoové M
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2015 Mar; 69(4):460-465
- The use of social networking platforms for sexual health promotion: identifying key strategies for successful user engagement.
Veale HJ, Sacks-Davis R, Weaver ERN, Pedrana AE, Stoové MA, Hellard ME
BMC Public Health. 2015 Feb; 15(1):85
- Targeted hepatitis C antibody testing interventions: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Aspinall EJ, Doyle JS, Corson S, Hellard ME, Hunt D, Goldberg D, Nguyen T, Falck-Ytter Y, Morgan RL, Smith B, Stoové M, Wiktor SZ, Hutchinson S
Eur J Epidemiol. 2015 Feb; 30(2):115-129
- Recording the sexual orientation of male patients attending general practice.
Callander D, Bourne C, Pell C, Finlayson R, Forssman B, Baker D, de Wit J, Hocking J, Stoové M, Donovan B, Kaldor J, Guy R
Fam Pract. 2015 Jan; 32(1):35-40
- Sexually transmitted infections among transgender people and men who have sex with men in Port Vila, Vanuatu.
Veronese V, van Gemert C, Bulu S, Kwarteng T, Bergari I, Badman S, Vella A, Stoové M
Western Pac Surveill Response J. 2015 Jan; 6(1):55-59
- A reality check for aspirational targets to end HIV.
Wilson DP, Stoové MA, Hellard M
Lancet HIV. 2015 Jan; 2(1):e11
- Paying the price in an era of HIV treatment as prevention: a retrospective study of the cost burden of HIV treatment for people living with HIV in Victoria, Australia.
Wilkinson AL, McMahon J, Cheah Y, Bradshaw CS, El-Hayek C, Stoové M
Sex Health. 2015 Jan; 12(1):34-38
- Mortality and cause of death in a cohort of people who had ever injected drugs in Glasgow: 1982-2012.
Nambiar D, Weir A, Aspinall EJ, Stoové M, Hutchinson S, Dietze P, Waugh L, Goldberg DJ
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2015 Jan; 147:215-221
- How do drug market changes affect characteristics of injecting initiation and subsequent patterns of drug use? Findings from a cohort of regular heroin and methamphetamine injectors in Melbourne, Australia.
Horyniak D, Stoové M, Degenhardt L, Aitken C, Kerr T, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2015 Jan; 26(1):43-50
- Effects of HIV antiretroviral therapy on sexual and injecting risk-taking behaviour: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Doyle JS, Degenhardt L, Pedrana AE, McBryde ES, Guy R, Stoové MA, Weaver E, Grulich AE, Lo YR, Hellard M
Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Aug; 59(10):1483-1494
- A cross-sectional study describing factors associated with utilisation of GP services by a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Nambiar D, Stoové M, Dietze P
BMC Health Serv Res. 2014 Jul; 14:308
- Commentary on Degenhardt et al. (2014): Access to opioid substitution therapy in prison is not enough—the crucial role of post-release retention in preventing drug-related harms
Stoové MA, Kinner S
Addiction. 2014 Jul; 109(8):1318-1319
- PRONTO! Community-Based HIV Rapid Testing Evaluation Report - Stage 1.
Ryan K, Leitinger D, Pedrana A, Wilkinson A, Stoové M
Report for the Centre for Population Health, Burnet Institute: Melbourne, Australia. 2014 Jul
- Outcome evaluation of HIV prevention initiatives 2012 – 2013 in men who have sex with men in Victoria.
Vella A., Wilkinson A., Pedrana, A., Stoové, M
Technical Report for Centre for Population Health, Burnet Institute: Melbourne, Australia. 2014 Jul
- Chlamydia Prevalence and Associated Behaviours Among Female Sex Workers in Vanuatu: Results from an Integrated Bio-behavioural Survey, 2011.
van Gemert C, Stoové M, Kwarteng T, Bulu S, Bergeri I, Wanyeki I, Badman S, Malverus J, Vella A, Tarivonda L, Johnston LG
AIDS Behav. 2014 May; 18(10):2040-2049
- Moving towards HIV treatment as prevention.
Stoové MA, Pedrana AE, Hellard ME
Microbiol Aust. 2014 May; 35(2):88-90
- No Drama: Key Elements to the Success of an HIV/STI-Prevention Mass-Media Campaign.
Pedrana AE, Hellard ME, Higgs P, Asselin J, Batrouney C, Stoové M
Qual Health Res. 2014 Apr; 24(5):695-705
- Making the most of a brave new world: Opportunities and considerations for using Twitter as a public health monitoring tool.
Stoové MA, Pedrana AE
Prev Med. 2014 Mar; 63:109-111
- Rapid HIV testing increases the rate of HIV detection in men who have sex with men: using rapid HIV testing in a primary care clinic.
Eu B, Roth N, Stoové M, O'Reilly M, Clarke E
Sex Health. 2014 Mar; 11(1):89-90
- Trends in chlamydia positivity among heterosexual patients from the Victorian Primary Care Network for Sentinel Surveillance, 2007-2011.
Lim MS, El-Hayek C, Goller JL, Fairley CK, Nguyen PL, Hamilton RA, Henning DJ, McNamee KM, Hellard ME, Stoove MA
Med J Aust. 2014 Feb; 200(3):166-169
- The sources of pharmaceuticals for problematic users of benzodiazepines and prescription opioids.
Nielsen S, Bruno R, Degenhardt L, Stoové MA, Fischer JA, Carruthers SJ, Lintzeris N
Med J Aust. 2013 Nov; 199(10):696-699
- Opt-Out and Opt-In Testing Increases Syphilis Screening of HIV-Positive Men Who Have Sex with Men in Australia.
Guy R, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Wand H, Carr A, McNulty A, Hoy J, Bourne C, McAllister J, Tee BK, Baker D, Roth N, Stoové M, Chen M
PLoS One. 2013 Aug; 8(8):e71436
- An exploration of self-perceived non-problematic use as a barrier to professional support for methamphetamine users.
Quinn B, Stoové M, Papanastasiou C, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2013 Jul; 24(6):619-23
- Evaluation of the Introduction of Condoms and Dental Dams into Victorian Prisons, Stage Two and Three – Final Report.
Kirwan A, Scott N, McBryde E, Stoové M
Technical Report for Centre for Population Health, Burnet Institute: Melbourne, Australia.. 2013 Jul
- Vanuatu Integrated Bio‐Behavioural Survey and Population Size Estimation with Female Sex Workers in Port Vila, Vanuatu, 2011
van Gemert C, with input from Kwarteng T, Bulu S, Theatre W, Bergeri I, Malverus J, Wanyeki I, Badman S, Tarivonda L, Vella A, Stoové M
- Establishing the Melbourne injecting drug user cohort study (MIX): rationale, methods, and baseline and twelve-month follow-up results.
Horyniak D, Higgs P, Jenkinson R, Degenhardt L, Stoové M, Kerr T, Hickman M, Aitken C, Dietze P
Harm Reduct J. 2013 Jun; 10(1):11
- Sexual Health Promotion on Social Networking Sites: A Process Evaluation of the FaceSpace Project.
Nguyen P, Gold J, Pedrana A, Chang S, Howard S, Ilic O, Hellard M, Stoové M
J Adolesc Health. 2013 Apr; 53(1):98-104
- Increases in newly acquired HIV infections in Victoria, Australia: epidemiological evidence of successful prevention?
Feigin A, El-Hayek C, Hellard M, Pedrana A, Donnan E, Fairley C, Tee BK, Stoové M
Sex Health. 2013 Apr; 10(2):166-170
- Factors associated with professional support access among a prospective cohort of methamphetamine users.
Quinn B, Stoové M, Dietze P
J Subst Abuse Treat. 2013 Mar; 45(2):235-241
- Queer as F**k: Reaching and Engaging Gay Men in Sexual Health Promotion through Social Networking Sites.
Pedrana A, Hellard M, Gold J, Ata N, Chang S, Howard S, Asselin J, Ilic O, Batrouney C, Stoové M
J Med Internet Res. 2013 Feb; 15(2):e25
- The relationship between alcohol use and injecting drug use: Impacts on health, crime and wellbeing.
Dietze P, Jenkinson R, Aitken C, Stoové M, Jolley D, Hickman M, Kerr T
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2013 Feb; 128(1-2):111-115
- Methamphetamine use in Melbourne, Australia: baseline characteristics of a prospective methamphetamine-using cohort and correlates of methamphetamine dependence.
Quinn B, Stoové M, Papanastasiou C, Dietze P
J Subst Use. 2013 Jan; 18(5):349-362
- An urgent need to scale-up injecting drug harm reduction services in Tanzania: Prevalence of blood-borne viruses among drug users in Temeke District, Dar-es-Salaam, 2011.
Bowring AL, Luhmann N, Pont S, Debaulieu C, Derozier S, Asouab F, Toufik A, van Gemert C, Dietze P, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2013 Jan; 24(1):78-81
- Is rectal gonorrhoea a lead indicator of HIV transmission among men who have sex with men in Victoria, Australia?
Wilkinson AL, Lim MS, Stoové M, Fairley CK, Chen M, El-Hayek C, Denham I, Hellard M
Sex Health. 2013 Jan; 10(2):188-189
- A cross-sectional study of emergency department visits by people who inject drugs.
Aitken C, Kerr T, Hickman M, Stoové M, Higgs P, Dietze P
Emerg Med J. 2013 Jan; 30(5):421-422
- Stop the Drama Downunder: A Social Marketing Campaign Increases HIV/Sexually Transmitted Infection Knowledge and Testing in Australian Gay Men.
Pedrana A, Hellard M, Guy R, El-Hayek C, Gouillou M, Asselin J, Batrouney C, Nguyen P, StoovÃ¨ M
Sex Transm Dis. 2012 Aug; 39(8):651-658
- Correlates of Chlamydia trachomatis infection in a primary care sentinel surveillance network.
Lim MS, Goller JL, Guy R, Gold J, Stoové M, Hocking JS, Fairley CK, Henning D, McNamee K, Owen L, Sheehan P, Hellard ME
Sex Health. 2012 Jul; 9(3):247-253
- Modelling antiviral treatment to prevent hepatitis C infection among people who inject drugs in Victoria, Australia.
Hellard ME, Jenkinson R, Higgs P, Stoové MA, Sacks-Davis R, Gold J, Hickman M, Vickerman P, Martin NK
Med J Aust. 2012 Jun; 196(10):638-641
- Identifying newly acquired cases of hepatitis C using surveillance: a literature review.
Sacks-Davis R, Van Gemert C, Bergeri I, Stoové M, Hellard M
Epidemiol Infect. 2012 Jun; 140(11):1925-1934
- Prevalence survey of dermatological conditions in mountainous north India.
Grills N, Grills C, Spelman T, Stoové M, Hellard M, El-Hayek C, Singh R
Int J Dermatol. 2012 May; 51(5):579-587
- Developing health promotion interventions on social networking sites: recommendations from The FaceSpace Project.
Gold J, Pedrana AE, Stoové MA, Chang S, Howard S, Asselin J, Ilic O, Batrouney C, Hellard ME
J Med Internet Res. 2012 Feb; 14(1):e30
- Incidence and risk factors associated with chlamydia in men who have sex with men: a cohort analysis of Victorian Primary Care Network for Sentinel Surveillance data.
Wilkinson A, El-Hayek C, Fairley CK, Leslie D, Roth N, Tee BK, Hellard ME, Stoové M
Sex Transm Infect. 2012 Feb; 88(5):319-324
- High rates of undiagnosed HIV infections in a community sample of gay men in Melbourne, Australia.
Pedrana AE, Hellard ME, Wilson K, Guy R, StoovÃ© M
JAIDS. 2012 Jan; 59(1):94-99
- The difference in self-reported and biological measured HIV prevalence: Implications for HIV prevention.
Pedrana AE, Hellard ME, Guy R, Wilson K, Stoové M
AIDS Behav. 2012 Jan; 16(6):1454-1463
- Sexual history taking and sexually transmissible infection screening practices among men who have sex with men: a survey of Victorian general practitioners.
Barber B, Hellard M, Jenkinson R, Spelman T, Stoové M
Sex Health. 2011 Sep; 8(3):349-354
- Risk factors for HIV seroconversion in men who have sex with men in Victoria, Australia: results from a sentinel surveillance system.
Guy RJ, Spelman T, Stoové M, El-Hayek C, Goller J, Fairley CK, Leslie D, Tee B, Roth N, Grulich AE, Hellard ME
Sex Health. 2011 Sep; 8(3):319-329
- Global epidemiology of hepatitis B and hepatitis C in people who inject drugs: results of systematic reviews.
Nelson PK, Mathers BM, Cowie B, Hagan H, Des Jarlais D, Horyniak D, Degenhardt L
Lancet. 2011 Aug; 378(9791):571-583
- A systematic examination of the use of Online social networking sites for sexual health promotion.
Gold J, Pedrana AE, Sacks-Davis R, Hellard ME, Chang S, Howard S, Keogh L, Hocking JS, Stoové MA
BMC Public Health. 2011 Jul; 11:583
- Counting the cost: estimating the number of deaths among recently released prisoners in Australia.
Kinner SA, Preen DB, Kariminia A, Butler T, Andrews JY, StoovÃ© M, Law M
Med J Aust. 2011 Jul; 195(2):64-68
- The Australian national binge drinking campaign: campaign recognition among young people at a music festival who report risky drinking.
van Gemert C, Dietze P, Gold J, Sacks-Davis R, StoovÃ© M, Vally H, Hellard M
BMC Public Health. 2011 Jun; 11:482
- HIV seroconversions among male non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis service users: a data linkage study.
Pierce AB, Yohannes K, Guy R, Watson KM, Armishaw J, Price B, Hoy JF, Wright EJ, StoovÃ© MA
Sex Health. 2011 Jun; 8(2):179-183
- Pharmaceutical opioid analgesic and heroin dependence: how do treatment-seeking clients differ in Australia?
Nielsen S, Bruno R, Lintzeris N, Fischer J, Carruthers S, StoovÃ© M
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2011 May; 30(3):291-299
- Monitoring emerging drug trends: Psychometrics and validity in earlier warning systems.
Mounteney J, Stoové M, Haugland S
Addiction Res & Theory. 2011 Jan; 19(1):32-39
- The changing age distribution of men who have sex with men diagnosed with HIV in Victoria.
El-Hayek C, Bergeri I, Hellard ME, Pedrana AE, Higgins N, Breschkin A, Stoové M
Med J Aust. 2010 Dec; 193(11-12):655-658
- Establishing a linked sentinel surveillance system for blood-borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections: methods, system attributes and early findings.
Goller JL, Guy RJ, Gold J, Lim MS, El-Hayek C, Stoové MA, Bergeri I, Fairley CK, Leslie DE, Clift P, White B, Hellard ME
Sex Health. 2010 Dec; 7(4):425-433
- The self-reported personal wellbeing of a sample of Australian injecting drug users.
Dietze P, Stoové M, Miller P, Kinner S, Bruno R, Alati R, Burns L
Addiction. 2010 Dec; 105(12):2141-2148
- Examination of the stability and consistency of investigative interviewer performance across similar mock interview contexts
Powell MB, Hughes-Scholes CH, Cavezza C, Stoové MA
Legal Criminolog Psychol. 2010 Jan; 15(2):243-60
- Examination of the consistency of interviewer performance across three distinct interview contexts.
Powell MB, Cavezza C, Hughes-Scholes CH, Stoové MA
Psychol Crime Law. 2010 Jan; 16:585-600
- Interrelationships between HIV/AIDS and risk behavior prejudice among medical students in Southern China.
Chan KY, Yang Y, Li ZR, StoovÃ© MA, Reidpath DD
Curr HIV Res. 2009 Nov; 7(6):601-611
- Overdose deaths following previous non-fatal heroin overdose: record linkage of ambulance attendance and death registry data.
Stoové MA, Dietze PM, Jolley D
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2009 Jul; 28(4):347-352
- The impact of immigration on the burden of HIV infection in Victoria, Australia.
Horyniak D, StoovÃ© M, Yohannes K, Breschkin A, Carter T, Hatch B, Tomnay J, Hellard M, Guy R
Sex Health. 2009 Jun; 6(2):123-128
- Investigation of pharmaceutical misuse amongst drug treatment clients.
S. Nielson, B. Raimondo, Susan Carruthers, J. Fisher, N. Lintzeris, M. Stoové
Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre. 2008 Dec; Final Report 2008
- Stigma, social reciprocity and exclusion of HIV/AIDS patients with illicit drug histories: a study of Thai nurses' attitudes.
Chan KY, Stoové MA, Reidpath DD
Harm Reduct J. 2008 Aug; 5:28
- Mortality among injecting drug users in Melbourne: a 16-year follow-up of the Victorian Injecting Cohort Study (VICS).
StoovÃ© MA, Dietze PM, Aitken CK, Jolley D
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2008 Aug; 96(3):281-285
- Quantifying hepatitis C transmission risk using a new weighted scoring system for the Blood-Borne Virus Transmission Risk Assessment Questionnaire (BBV-TRAQ): applications for community-based HCV surveillance, education and prevention.
Stoové MA, Fry CL, Lintzeris N
Harm Reduct J. 2008 Apr; 5:12
- The acceptability and feasibility of peer worker support role in community based HCV treatment for injecting drug users.
Norman J, Walsh NM, Mugavin J, Stoové MA, Kelsall J, Austin K, Lintzeris N
Harm Reduct J. 2008 Feb; 5:8
- Stigmatization of AIDS patients: disentangling Thai nursing students' attitudes towards HIV/AIDS, drug use, and commercial sex.
Chan KY, StoovÃ© MA, Sringernyuang L, Reidpath DD
AIDS Behav. 2008 Jan; 12(1):146-157
- Mortality in a cohort of opiate and amphetamine users in Perth, Western australia: Comment on Bartu et al. (2006).
Addiction. 2006 Oct; 101(10):1523-4; author reply 1524
- A survey of regular ecstasy users' knowledge and practices around determining pill content and purity: Implications for policy and practice.
Jennifer W. Johnston, Monica J Barratt, Craig L Fry, Stuart Kinner, Mark Stoove, Louisa J. Degenhardt, Jessica F. George, Rebecca Jenkinson, Matthew Dunn, Raimondo Bruno
Int J Drug Policy. 2006 Mar; 17:464-472
- Victorian trends in ecstasy and related drug markets 2004: Findings from the Party Drugs Initiative (PDI)
Mark A Stoové, Anne-Marie Laslett, Monica Barratt
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales Report. 2005 Aug
- The impact of injecting drug use status on hepatitis C-related referral and treatment.
M A Stoové, S M Gifford, G J Dore
Drug Alcohol Dep. 2005 Feb; 77(1):81-86
- Australian men's experiences of living with hepatitis C virus: results from a cross-sectional survey.
Sandra M Gifford, Mary L O'Brien, Anthony Smith, Meredith Temple-Smith, Mark Stoové, Drew Mitchell, Damien Jolley
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2005 Jan; 20(1):79-86
News Articles (81)