Rebecca Winter has worked on the Networks II study of hepatitis C virus infection among injecting drug users at Burnet Institute since 2005.
In her role of Research Assistant she has since worked on and coordinated a range of research projects and evaluations in the fields of illicit and injecting drug use, justice health, hepatitis' B and C, HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
Rebecca is currently enrolled as a PhD student with the Burnet-administered NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence into Injecting Drug Use and Monash University. Her Doctoral research examines drug-related morbidity and mortality among prisoners and ex-prisoners in Victoria and Queensland.
- Burnet Institute Fellow, Victoria, Australia
- 2011: PhD Student, Burnet Institute, NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence into Injecting Drug Use and Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
- 2005: Research Officer, Centre for Population Health, Victoria, Australia
- 2010: MPH, LaTrobe University, Victoria, Australia
- 2002: BA, LaTrobe University, Australia
- 2010: National Health and Medical Postgraduate Scholarship - Dora Lush Public Health Scholarship
- A nurse-led intervention improved blood-borne virus testing and vaccination in Victorian prisons.
Winter RJ, White B, Kinner SA, Stoové M, Guy R, Hellard ME
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2016 Oct; 40(6):592-594
- Resumption of injecting drug use following release from prison in Australia.
Winter RJ, Young JT, Stoové M, Agius PA, Hellard ME, Kinner SA
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016 Sep; 168:104-111
- A longitudinal study of health outcomes for people released from prison in Fiji: the HIP-Fiji project.
Kinner SA, Winter R, Saxton K
Australas Psychiatry. 2015 Dec; 23(6 Suppl):17-21
- Correlates of property crime in a cohort of recently released prisoners with a history of injecting drug use.
Kirwan A, Quinn B, Winter R, Kinner SA, Dietze P, Stoové M
Harm Reduct J. 2015 Aug; 12(1):23
- Incidence and predictors of non-fatal drug overdose after release from prison among people who inject drugs in Queensland, Australia.
Winter RJ, Stoové M, Degenhardt L, Hellard ME, Spelman T, Jenkinson R, McCarthy DR, Kinner SA
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2015 Jun; 153:43-49
- Non-fatal overdose among adult prisoners with a history of injecting drug use in two Australian states.
Moore E, Winter R, Indig D, Greenberg D, Kinner SA
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2013 Nov; 133(1):45-51
- Health in Prisoners in Fiji. Research report prepared by the Burnet Institute and Empower Pacific.
Winter R, Saxton K, Kinner S
Report prepared for the Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC) HIV Response Fund.. 2013 Sep
- Authenticity and diversity: enhancing Australian hepatitis C prevention messages.
Winter RJ, Fraser S, Booker N, Treloar C
Contemp Drug Problems. 2013 Jul; 40(4):505-529
- Hepatitis B virus exposure and vaccination in a cohort of people who inject drugs: What has been the impact of targeted free vaccination?
Winter RJ, Dietze PM, Gouillou M, Hellard ME, Robinson P, Aitken CK
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013 Jan; 28(2):314-322
- Consecutive infections and clearances of different hepatitis C virus genotypes in an injecting drug user.
Aitken CK, Tracy SL, Revill P, Bharadwaj M, Bowden DS, Winter RJ, Hellard ME
J Clin Virol. 2008 Apr; 41(4):293-296
- Integrating enhanced hepatitis C testing and counselling in research.
Winter R, Nguyen O, Higgs P, Armstrong S, Duong D, Thach ML, Aitken C, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2008 Feb; 19(1):66-70