Donate today and help reduce the rate of stillbirth in India and around the globe.
December, 2022 (2)
- Updated WHO recommendations on antenatal corticosteroids and tocolytic therapy for improving preterm birth outcomes.
Vogel JP, Ramson J, Darmstadt GL, Qureshi ZP, Chou D, Bahl R, Oladapo OT
Lancet Glob Health. 2022 Dec; 10(12):e1707-e1708
- Drivers of COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy among women of childbearing age in Victoria, Australia: A descriptive qualitative study.
Oliver J, Kaufman J, Bagot K, Bradfield Z, Homer C, Gibney KB, Danchin M
Vaccine X. 2022 Dec; 12:100240
November, 2022 (4)
- Portable ultrasound technologies for estimating gestational age in pregnant women: a scoping review and analysis of commercially available models.
Eggleston AJ, Farrington E, McDonald S, Aziz S
BMJ Open. 2022 Nov; 12(11):e065181
- Harnessing the nursing and midwifery workforce to boost Australia's clinical research impact.
Eckert M, Rickard CM, Forsythe D, Baird K, Finn J, Gilkison A, Gray R, Homer CS, Middleton S, Neville S, Whitehead L, Sharplin GR, Keogh S
Med J Aust. 2022 Nov; 217(10):514-516
- Systematic evaluation of the pre-eclampsia drugs, dietary supplements and biologicals pipeline using target product profiles.
McDougall ARA, Hastie R, Goldstein M, Tuttle A, Tong S, Ammerdorffer A, Gülmezoglu AM, Vogel JP
BMC Med. 2022 Nov; 20(1):393
- Barriers to women's disclosure of and treatment for substance use during pregnancy: A qualitative study.
Oni HT, Drake JA, Dietze P, Higgs P, Islam MM
Women Birth. 2022 Nov; 35(6):576-581
October, 2022 (4)
- The burden of chronic diseases and patients' preference for healthcare services among adult patients suffering from chronic diseases in Bangladesh.
Mahumud RA, Sultana M, Kundu S, Rahman MA, Mistry SK, Kamara JK, Kamal M, Ali MA, Hossain MG, Brooks C, Khan A, Alam K, Renzaho AMN
Health Expect. 2022 Oct; 25(6):3259-3273
- Expert consensus on novel medicines to prevent preterm birth and manage preterm labour: target product profiles.
McDougall ARA, Tuttle A, Goldstein M, Ammerdorffer A, Aboud L, Gülmezoglu AM, Vogel JP
BJOG. 2022 Oct; Epub ahead of print
- Assessment of the lifetime prevalence and incidence of induced abortion and correlates among female sex workers in Mombasa, Kenya: a secondary cohort analysis.
Simmelink AM, Gichuki CM, Ampt FH, Manguro G, Lim MSC, Agius P, Hellard M, Jaoko W, Stoové MA, L'Engle K, Temmerman M, Gichangi P, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2022 Oct; 12(10):e053218
- The National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce: pregnancy and perinatal guidelines.
Homer CS, Roach V, Cusack L, Giles ML, Whitehead C, Burton W, Downton T, Gleeson G, Gordon A, Hose K, Hunt J, Kitschke J, McDonnell N, Middleton P, Oats JJ, Shand AW, Wilton K, Vogel J, Elliott J, McGloughlin S, McDonald SJ, White H, Cheyne S, Turner T; National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce.
Med J Aust. 2022 Oct; 217(Suppl 9):S14-S19
September, 2022 (6)
- Hungry for more: Australian medical students' competence, attitudes and preferences towards nutrition education.
Bredhauer J, Cone S, Brown L, Moseley G, Wilson A, Perlstein R, Ball L
BMC Med Educ. 2022 Sep; 22(1):692
- Prevention and control of non-communicable diseases in antenatal, intrapartum, and postnatal care: a systematic scoping review of clinical practice guidelines since 2011.
Jung J, Karwal EK, McDonald S, Turner T, Chou D, Vogel JP
BMC Med. 2022 Sep; 20(1):305
- A project to validate the GLU test for preterm birth prediction in First Nations women.
Brown K, Unger HW , Peel M , Doherty DA , Lee M , Kujawa A , Holder S , Tachedjian G, Masson L , Thorn JC, Newnham JP, Payne MS
Microbiol Austr. 2022 Sep; 43(3):130-134
- Global, regional, and national progress in financial risk protection towards universal health coverage, 2000-2030.
Rahman MM, Jung J, Islam MR, Rahman MM, Nakamura R, Akter S, Sato M
Soc Sci Med. 2022 Sep; 312:115367
- Factors affecting the use of antibiotics and antiseptics to prevent maternal infection at birth: A global mixed-methods systematic review.
Eddy KE, Zahroh RI, Bohren MA, Bonet M, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
PLoS One. 2022 Sep; 17(9):e0272982
- Multicountry study protocol of COCOON: COntinuing Care in COVID-19 Outbreak global survey of New, expectant, and bereaved parent experiences.
Loughnan SA, Gautam R, Silverio SA, Boyle FM, Cassidy J, Ellwood D, Homer C, Horey D, Leisher SH, de Montigny F, Murphy M, O'Donoghue K, Quigley P, Ravaldi C, Sandall J, Storey C, Wilson AN, Flenady V (COCOON Global Collaboration)
BMJ Open. 2022 Sep; 12(9):e061550
August, 2022 (3)
- Factors influencing appropriate use of interventions for management of women experiencing preterm birth: A mixed-methods systematic review and narrative synthesis.
Zahroh RI, Hazfiarini A, Eddy KE, Vogel JP, Tunçalp Ӧ, Minckas N, Althabe F, Oladapo OT, Bohren MA
PLoS Med. 2022 Aug; 19(8):e1004074
- Exclusive breastfeeding and women's psychological well-being during the first wave of COVID-19 pandemic in Italy
Ravaldi C, Mosconi l, Wilson AN, Lisa H. Amir LH, Bonaiuti R Ricca V, Vannacci A
Front Public Health. 2022 Aug; 10:965306
- 'What do doctors think they need to know about nutrition?'-a qualitative study of doctors with formal nutrition training.
Caldow G, Palermo C, Wilson AN
BMC Nutr. 2022 Aug; 8(1):85
July, 2022 (6)
- Menstrual health challenges in the workplace and consequences for women’s work and wellbeing: A cross-sectional survey in Mukono, Uganda
Hennegan J, Bukenya JN, Fredrick E. Makumbi FE, Nakamya , Natalie G. Exum NG, Schwab KJ, Kibira SPS
PLoS Glob Pub Health. 2022 Jul; 2(7):e0000589
- Puberty health intervention to improve menstrual health and school attendance among adolescent girls in The Gambia: study methodology of a cluster-randomised controlled trial in rural Gambia (MEGAMBO TRIAL).
Shah V, Phillips-Howard P, Hennegan J, Cavill S, Sonko B, Sinjanka E, Camara Trawally N, Kanteh A, Mendy F, Bah AB, Saar M, Ross I, Schmidt W, Torondel B
Emerg Themes Epidemiol. 2022 Jul; 19(1):6
- Randomised trials in maternal and perinatal health in low and middle-income countries from 2010 to 2019: a systematic scoping review.
Eggleston AJ, Richards A, Farrington E, Tse WC, Williams J, Sella Hewage A, McDonald S, Turner T, Vogel JP
BMJ Open. 2022 Jul; 12(7):e059473
- Cost-effectiveness of antenatal corticosteroids and tocolytic agents in the management of preterm birth: A systematic review.
Sebastian E, Bykersma C, Eggleston A, Eddy KE, Chim ST, Zahroh RI, Scott N, Chou D, Oladapo OT, Vogel JP
EClinicalMedicine. 2022 Jul; 49:101496
- Revalidation and adaptation of the Menstrual Practice Needs Scale (MPNS) in a cross-sectional survey to measure the menstrual experiences of adult women working in Mukono District, Uganda.
Hennegan J, Bukenya JN, Kibira SPS, Nakamya P, Makumbi FE, Exum NG, Schwab KJ
BMJ Open. 2022 Jul; 12(7):e057662
- Community-based doulas for migrant and refugee women: a mixed-method systematic review and narrative synthesis.
Khaw SM, Zahroh RI, O'Rourke K, Dearnley RE, Homer C, Bohren M
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Jul; 7(7):e009098
June, 2022 (4)
- EBNEO commentary: Outcomes following preterm birth: What we think and what is real.
Cripps EK, Dargaville PA, Spotswood NE
Acta Paediatr. 2022 Jun; 111(10):2040-2041
- Strategies to reduce stigma and discrimination in sexual and reproductive healthcare settings: A mixed-methods systematic review
Bohren MA, Vazquez Corona M, Odiase OJ, Wilson AN, Sudhinaraset M, Diamond-Smith N, Berryman J, Tunçalp O, Afulani PA
PLoS Glob Pub Health. 2022 Jun; 2(6):e0000582
- Quality newborn care in East New Britain, Papua New Guinea: measuring early newborn care practices and identifying opportunities for improvement.
Wilson AN, Melepia P, Suruka R, Hezeri P, Kabiu D, Babona D, Wapi P, Spotswood N, Bohren MA, Vogel JP, Kelly-Hanku A, Morgan A, Beeson JG, Morgan C, Vallely LM, Waramin EJ, Scoullar MJL, Homer CSE
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2022 Jun; 22(1):462
- Innovations in the prevention and treatment of postpartum hemorrhage: Analysis of a novel medicines development pipeline database.
McDougall ARA, Goldstein M, Tuttle A, Ammerdorffer A, Rushwan S, Hastie R, Gülmezoglu AM, Vogel JP
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2022 Jun; 158(Suppl 1):31-39
May, 2022 (3)
- Nurse- and midwife-led trials in Australia and New Zealand: Scoping review protocol..
Fish JA, Rickard CM, Gray R, Middleton S, Homer C, Keogh S, Leslie G, Nemeh F, Neville S, Sharplin G, Whitehead L, Yates P, Eckert M
Collegian. 2022 May; 29(5):793-798
- Preferences of Australian healthcare providers regarding education on long-term health after hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: a qualitative study.
Roth H, Morcos V, Roberts LM, Hanley L, Homer CSE, Henry A
BMJ Open. 2022 May; 12(5):e055674
- Engaging women and men in the gender-synchronised, community-based Mbereko+Men intervention to improve maternal mental health and perinatal care-seeking in Manicaland, Zimbabwe: A cluster-randomised controlled pragmatic trial.
Comrie-Thomson L, Webb K, Patel D, Wata P, Kapamurandu Z, Mushavi A, Nicholas MA, Agius PA, Davis J, Luchters S
J Glob Health. 2022 May; 12:04042
April, 2022 (3)
- Global research and learning agenda for building evidence on contraceptive-induced menstrual changes for research, product development, policies, and programs.
Hoppes E, Nwachukwu C, Hennegan J, Blithe DL, Cordova-Gomez A, Critchley H, Doncel GF, Dorflinger LJ, Haddad LB, Mackenzie ACL, Maybin JA, Moley K, Nanda K, Sales Vieira C, Vwalika B, Kibira SPS, Mickler A, OlaOlorun FM, Polis CB, Sommer M, Williams KM, Lathrop E, Mahajan T, Rademacher KH, Solomon M, Wilson K, Wilson LC, Rountree L
Gates Open Res. 2022 Apr; 6:49
- "Never let a good crisis go to waste": Positives from disrupted maternity care in Australia during COVID-19.
Kluwgant D, Homer C, Dahlen H
Midwifery. 2022 Apr; 110:103340
- The United Kingdom and the Netherlands maternity care responses to COVID-19: A comparative study.
van den Berg LMM, Balaam MC, Nowland R, Moncrief G, Topalidou A, Thompson S, Thomson G, de Jonge A, Downe S; ASPIRE-COVID19 Research Team (Including Caroline Homer)
Women Birth. 2022 Apr; Epub ahead of print
March, 2022 (8)
- Health workers' and hospital administrators' perspectives on mistreatment of women during facility-based childbirth: a multicenter qualitative study in Ghana.
Adu-Bonsaffoh K, Tamma E, Maya E, Vogel JP, Tunçalp Ö, Bohren MA
Reprod Health. 2022 Mar; 19(1):82
- Monitoring Menstrual Health Knowledge: Awareness of Menstruation at Menarche as an Indicator.
Hennegan J, Swe ZY, Than KK, Smith C, Sol L, Alberda H, Bukenya JN, Kibira SPS, Makumbi FE, Schwab KJ, Azzopardi PS
Front Glob Womens Health. 2022 Mar; 3:832549
- Systematic review on the cost and cost-effectiveness of mHealth interventions supporting women during pregnancy.
Carrandi A, Hu Y, Karger S, Eddy KE, Vogel JP, Harrison CL, Callander E
Women Birth. 2022 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Equity in antenatal care visits among adolescent mothers: An analysis of 54 country levels trend and projection of coverage from 2000 to 2030.
Rahman M, Hossain F, Islam R, Jung J, Mahmud SR, Hashizume M
J Glob Health. 2022 Mar; 12:04016
- Antenatal Doppler screening for fetuses at risk of adverse outcomes: a multicountry cohort study of the prevalence of abnormal resistance index in low-risk pregnant women.
Vannevel V, Vogel JP, Pattinson RC, Adanu R, Charantimath U, Goudar SS, Gwako G, Kavi A, Maya E, Osoti A, Pujar Y, Qureshi ZP, Rulisa S, Botha T, Oladapo OT
BMJ Open. 2022 Mar; 12(3):e053622
- Australian women's experiences of receiving maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic: A cross-sectional national survey.
Wilson AN, Sweet L, Vasilevski V, Hauck Y, Wynter K, Kuliukas L, Szabo RA, Homer CSE, Bradfield Z
Birth. 2022 Mar; 49(1):30-39
- Pregnancy in the time of COVID-19: what are the challenges for maternity care?
Hui L, Knight M, Edlow A, Homer C, Danchin M
Clin Chem. 2022 Mar; 68(3):385–391
- Adolescent experiences of mistreatment during childbirth in health facilities: secondary analysis of a community-based survey in four countries.
Irinyenikan TA, Aderoba AK, Fawole O, Adeyanju O, Mehrtash H, Adu-Bonsaffoh K, Maung TM, Balde MD, Vogel JP, Plesons M, Chandra-Mouli V, Tunçalp Ö, Bohren MA
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Mar; 5(Suppl 2):e007954
February, 2022 (7)
- Partnership-defined quality approach to companionship during labour and birth in East New Britain, Papua New Guinea: A mixed-methods study
Wilson AN, Melepia P, Suruka R, Hezeri P, Kabiu D, Babona D, Wapi P, Bohren MA, Vogel JP, Kelly-Hanku A, Morgan A, Beeson JG, Morgan C, Spotswood N, Scoullar MJL, Vallely LM, Homer CSE
PLoS Glob Pub Health. 2022 Feb; 2(2):e0000102
- Indonesian midwives' perspectives on changes in the provision of maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic: A qualitative study.
Hazfiarini A, Zahroh RI, Akter S, Homer CSE, Bohren MA
Midwifery. 2022 Feb; 108:103291
- Inequalities in women's utilization of postnatal care services in Bangladesh from 2004 to 2017.
Aziz S, Basit A, Sultana S, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
Sci Rep. 2022 Feb; 12(1):2747
- Depression, anxiety and posttraumatic stress disorder six months following preeclampsia and normotensive pregnancy: a P4 study.
Roberts L, Henry A, Harvey SB, Homer CSE, Davis GK
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2022 Feb; 22(1):108
- Access to, and experiences of, maternity care for women with physical disabilities: A scoping review.
Blair A, Cao J, Wilson A, Homer C
Midwifery. 2022 Feb; 107:103273
- Factors affecting use of magnesium sulphate for pre-eclampsia or eclampsia: a qualitative evidence synthesis.
Eddy KE, Vogel JP, Islamiah Zahroh R, Bohren MA
BJOG. 2022 Feb; 129(3):379-391
- Infection prevention and care bundles addressing health care-associated infections in neonatal care in low-middle income countries: a scoping review.
Molina García A, Cross JH, Fitchett EJA, Kawaza K, Okomo U, Spotswood NE, Chiume M, Ezeaka VC, Irimu G, Salim N, Molyneux EM, Lawn JE; with the NEST360 Infection Prevention, Detection and Care Collaborative Group.
EClinicalMedicine. 2022 Feb; 44:101259
January, 2022 (11)
- Private provider incentives in health care: The case of caesarean births.
Yu S, Fiebig DG, Viney R, Scarf V, Homer C
Soc Sci Med. 2022 Jan; 294:114729
- The effectiveness of interventions on nutrition social behaviour change communication in improving child nutritional status within the first 1000 days: Evidence from a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Mahumud RA, Uprety S, Wali N, Renzaho AMN, Chitekwe S
Matern Child Nutr. 2022 Jan; 18(1):e13286
- Enhancing quality midwifery care in humanitarian and fragile settings: a systematic review of interventions, support systems and enabling environments.
Homer CS, Turkmani S, Wilson AN, Vogel JP, Shah MG, Fogstad H, Langlois EV
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Jan; 7(1)
- Country or region of birth and hospital admission for mental disorders after birth: A study based on population data of New South Wales, Australia, 2003-2009.
Zhao Y, Zhao J, Xu F, Boyce P, Homer CSE
Asia Pac J Public Health. 2022 Jan; 34(2-3):255-257
- Outcomes to measure the effects of pharmacological interventions for pain management for women during labour and birth: A review of systematic reviews and randomised trials.
Tan A, Wilson AN, Eghrari D, Clark H, Tse WC, Bohren MA, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
BJOG. 2022 Jan; 129(6):845-854
- Midwifery continuity of care and vaginal birth after caesarean section: A randomised controlled trial.
Homer CSE, Davis DL, Mollart L, Turkmani S, Smith RM, Bullard M, Leiser B, Foureur M
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; 35(3):e294-e301
- Midwives' experiences of providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia.
Bradfield Z, Hauck Y, Homer CSE, Sweet L, Wilson AN, Szabo RA, Wynter K, Vasilevski V, Kuliukas L
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; 35(3):262-271
- Receiving maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic: Experiences of women's partners and support persons.
Vasilevski V, Sweet L, Bradfield Z, Wilson AN, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wynter K
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; 35(3):298-306
- Childbearing women's experiences of the maternity care system in Australia during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sweet L, Wilson AN, Bradfield Z, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wynter K, Vasilevski V
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; 35(3):223-231
- World Health Organization and knowledge translation in maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition.
STAGE (Strategic Technical Advisory Group of Experts), Duke T, AlBuhairan FS, Agarwal K, Arora NK, Arulkumaran S, Bhutta ZA, Binka F, Castro A, Claeson M, Dao B, Darmstadt GL, English M, Jardali F, Merson M, Ferrand RA, Golden A, Golden MH, Homer C, Jehan F, Kabiru CW, Kirkwood B, Lawn JE, Li S, Patton GC, Ruel M, Sandall J, Sachdev HS, Tomlinson M, Waiswa P, Walker D, Zlotkin S
Arch Dis Child. 2022 Jan; 107(7):644-649
- 'We are going into battle without appropriate armour': A qualitative study of Indonesian midwives' experiences in providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hazfiarini A, Akter S, Homer CSE, Zahroh RIR, Bohren MA
Women Birth. 2022 Jan; 35(5):466-474
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (2)
- Towards Eliminating HIV (21)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (275)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (200)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Health Security and Pandemic Preparedness (106)
- Eliminate Malaria (39)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (15)
- Finance (0)
- Healthy Ageing (2)
- Human Resources (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (9)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Harm Reduction (17)
- Information Technology (0)
- Burnet Vaccine Initiative (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (37)
- Education & Training (0)
- Infectious Diseases Elimination (3)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- Commercialisation, Innovation and Industry Partnerships (0)
- HIV and AIDS (28)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (8)
- Maternal and Child Health (61)
- Malaria (44)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (5)
- Hepatitis B (17)
- Hepatitis C (30)
- Global infectious disease threats (7)
- Injecting Drug Use (41)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (48)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (15)
- Young People's Health (8)
- Justice Health (13)
- Nutrition (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (13)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (16)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (6)
- Influenza (1)
- Global Adolescent Health (8)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (52)