Donate today and help reduce the rate of stillbirth in India and around the globe.
October, 2022 (1)
- Assessment of the lifetime prevalence and incidence of induced abortion and correlates among female sex workers in Mombasa, Kenya: a secondary cohort analysis.
Simmelink AM, Gichuki CM, Ampt FH, Manguro G, Lim MSC, Agius P, Hellard M, Jaoko W, Stoové MA, L'Engle K, Temmerman M, Gichangi P, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2022 Oct; 12(10):e053218
September, 2022 (2)
- Sex, Sexuality, and Intimate Relationships Among Afghan Women and Men of Refugee Background Living in Melbourne, Australia: Experiences, Opportunities, and Transcultural Tensions.
Russo A, Lewis B, Ali R, Abed A, Russell G, Luchters S
Arch Sex Behav. 2022 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Point-of-care HPV DNA testing of self-collected specimens and same-day thermal ablation for the early detection and treatment of cervical pre-cancer in women in Papua New Guinea: a prospective, single-arm intervention trial (HPV-STAT).
Vallely AJB, Saville M, Badman SG, Gabuzzi J, Bolnga J, Mola GDL, Kuk J, Wai M, Munnull G, Garland SM, Brotherton JML, Kelly-Hanku A, Morgan C, Toliman PJ, Kombati Z, Kariwiga G, Babona D, Tan G, Simms KT, Cornall AM, Tabrizi SN, Wand H, Guy R, Canfell K, Kaldor JM
Lancet Glob Health. 2022 Sep; 10(9):e1336-e1346
August, 2022 (2)
- Lactic acid from vaginal microbiota enhances cervicovaginal epithelial barrier integrity by promoting tight junction protein expression.
Delgado-Diaz DJ, Jesaveluk B, Hayward JA, Tyssen D, Alisoltani A, Potgieter M, Bell L, Ross E, Iranzadeh A, Allali I, Dabee S, Barnabas S, Gamieldien H, Blackburn JM, Mulder N, Smith SB, Edwards VL, Burgener AD, Bekker LG, Ravel J, Passmore JS, Masson L, Hearps AC, Tachedjian G
Microbiome. 2022 Aug; 10(1):141
- Adolescent girls' experiences of menstruation and schooling in monastic schools in Magway Region, Myanmar: A mixed-methods exploration.
Swe ZY, Mon NO, Than KK, Azzopardi PS, Kennedy EC, Davis J, Burns LJ, Hennegan J
Front Reprod Health. 2022 Aug; 4:893266
July, 2022 (1)
- Revalidation and adaptation of the Menstrual Practice Needs Scale (MPNS) in a cross-sectional survey to measure the menstrual experiences of adult women working in Mukono District, Uganda.
Hennegan J, Bukenya JN, Kibira SPS, Nakamya P, Makumbi FE, Exum NG, Schwab KJ
BMJ Open. 2022 Jul; 12(7):e057662
June, 2022 (1)
- The Impact of Over-The-Counter Lactic Acid Containing Vaginal Gels on the Integrity and Inflammatory State of the Vaginal Epithelium in vitro.
Tyssen D, Hearps AC, Guntur K, Masson L, Cook S, Moulton SE, Ravel J, Bradshaw CS, Ayehunie S, Tachedjian G
Front Reprod Health. 2022 Jun; 4:915948
April, 2022 (1)
- Genital inflammatory status and the innate immune response to contraceptive initiation.
Radzey N, Harryparsad R, Meyer B, Chen PL, Gao X, Morrison C, Taku O, Williamson AL, Mehou-Loko C, d'Hellencourt FL, Buck G, Smit J, Strauss J, Nanda K, Ahmed K, Beksinska M, Serrano M, Bailey V, Masson L, Deese J
Am J Reprod Immunol. 2022 Apr; 88(2):e13542
March, 2022 (1)
- Reconceptualizing bacterial vaginosis treatment.
Masson L, Abrahams AG, Manhanzva MT
Nat Microbiol. 2022 Mar; 7(3):365-366
February, 2022 (1)
- Economic burden of female genital mutilation in 27 high-prevalence countries
Tordrup D, Bishop C, Green N, Petzold M, Vallejo FR, Vogel JP, Pallitto C
BMJ Glob Health. 2022 Feb; 7(2):e004512
January, 2022 (3)
- Do Community-based Livelihood Interventions Affect Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Young People in Slum Areas of Uganda: a Difference-in-difference with Kernel Propensity Score Matching Analysis.
Renzaho AMN, Kamara JK, Doh D, Bukuluki P, Mahumud RA, Galukande M
J Urban Health. 2022 Jan; 99:164–189
- The global and regional burden of sexual behaviours and food insecurity and their combined association on the magnitude of suicidal behaviours among 121,248 adolescent girls: An international observational study in 67 low- and middle-income and high-income countries.
Mahumud RA, Rahman MA, Gow J, Kamara JK, Koly KN, Shahjalal M, Law CK, Hossain MG, Renzaho AMN
J Affect Disord. 2022 Jan; 298:481-491
- The economics of sex work and major sporting events: Learning from the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
Kazungu J, Richter M, Luchters S, Chersich MF, Quaife M
Soc Sci Humanit Open. 2022 Jan; 5(1):100251
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (2)
- Towards Eliminating HIV (21)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (275)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (200)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Health Security and Pandemic Preparedness (106)
- Eliminate Malaria (39)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (15)
- Finance (0)
- Healthy Ageing (2)
- Human Resources (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (9)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Harm Reduction (17)
- Information Technology (0)
- Burnet Vaccine Initiative (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (37)
- Education & Training (0)
- Infectious Diseases Elimination (3)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- Commercialisation, Innovation and Industry Partnerships (0)
- HIV and AIDS (28)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (8)
- Maternal and Child Health (61)
- Malaria (44)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (5)
- Hepatitis B (17)
- Hepatitis C (30)
- Global infectious disease threats (7)
- Injecting Drug Use (41)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (48)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (15)
- Young People's Health (8)
- Justice Health (13)
- Nutrition (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (13)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (16)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (6)
- Influenza (1)
- Global Adolescent Health (8)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (52)