Donate today to help provide Burnet’s labs with critical equipment.
September, 2021 (4)
- Psychiatric well-being among men leaving prison reporting a history of injecting drug use: A longitudinal analysis.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Wilkinson AL, Scott N, Dietze P, Quinn B, Kinner SA, Aitken C, Walker S, Curtis M, Butler T, Ogloff JRP, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2021 Sep; Epub ahead of print:48674211048143
- Correlates of anxiety and depression in a community cohort of people who smoke methamphetamine.
Duncan Z, Kippen R, Sutton K, Ward B, Agius PA, Quinn B, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2021 Sep; Epub ahead of print:48674211048152
- Strategies to maximise study retention and limit attrition bias in a prospective cohort study of men reporting a history of injecting drug use released from prison: the prison and transition health study.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Walker S, Wilkinson AL, Quinn B, Dietze P, Winter R, Kirwan A, Curtis M, Ogloff JRP, Kinner S, Aitken C, Butler T, Woods E, Stoové M
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2021 Sep; 21(1):185
- Health service utilisation and experiences of stigma among people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Djordjevic F, Ryan K, Gunn J, Brener L, O'Keefe D, Draper B, Schroeder S, Gold J, Treloar C, Broady T, Dietze P, Hellard M, Pedrana A
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Sep; Epub ahead of print
August, 2021 (2)
- The Prison and Transition Health (PATH) cohort study: Prevalence of health, social, and crime characteristics after release from prison for men reporting a history of injecting drug use in Victoria, Australia.
Stewart AC, Cossar RD, Wilkinson AL, Quinn B, Dietze P, Walker S, Butler T, Curtis M, Aitken C, Kirwan A, Winter R, Ogloff J, Kinner S, Stoové M
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2021 Aug; 227:108970
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC) for methamphetamine dependence: A randomised controlled trial.
McKetin R, Dean OM, Turner A, Kelly PJ, Quinn B, Lubman DI, Dietze P, Carter G, Higgs P, Sinclair B, Reid D, Baker AL, Manning V, Pas NT, Thomas T, Bathish R, Raftery DK, Wrobel A, Saunders L, Arunogiri S, Cordaro F, Hill H, Hall S, Clare PJ, Mohebbi M, Berk M
EClinicalMedicine. 2021 Aug; 38:101005
July, 2021 (1)
- Barriers to hepatitis C treatment among secondary needle and syringe program clients and opportunities to intervene.
Gunn J, McNally S, Ryan J, Layton C, Bryant M, Walker S, O'Mahony C, Pedrana A.
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jul; Epub ahead of print:103387
June, 2021 (2)
- Uptake, barriers and correlates of influenza vaccination among people who inject drugs in Australia.
Price O, Dietze P, Sullivan SG, Salom C, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2021 Jun; 226:108882
- Changes in illicit drug use and markets with the COVID-19 pandemic and associated restrictions: Findings from the Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System, 2016-2020.
Price O, Man N, Bruno R, Dietze P, Salom C, Lenton S, Grigg J, Gibbs D, Wilson T, Degenhardt L, Chan R, Thomas N, Peacock A
Addiction. 2021 Jun; Epub ahead of print
May, 2021 (4)
- Injecting network structure determines the most efficient strategy to achieve Hepatitis C elimination in people who inject drugs.
Brown C, Siegele M, Wright M, Cook C, Parkes J, Khakoo SI, Sacks-Davis R, Buchanan RM
J Viral Hepat. 2021 May; 28(9):1274-1283
- The Melbourne safe injecting room attracted people most in need of its service.
Van Den Boom W, Del Mar Quiroga M, Fetene DM, Agius PA, Higgs PG, Maher L, Hickman M, Stoové MA, Dietze PM
Am J Prev Me. 2021 May; 61(2):217-224
- Structural competency in the post-prison period for people who inject drugs: A qualitative case study.
Treloar C, Schroeder S, Lafferty L, Marshall A, Drysdale K, Higgs P, Baldry E, Stoove M, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 May; 95:103261
- COVID-19 vaccination among people who inject drugs: Leaving no one behind.
Iversen J, Peacock A, Price O, Byrne J, Dunlop A, Maher L
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 May; 40(4):517-520
April, 2021 (1)
- Prevalence and correlates of multiple non-fatal opioid overdoses among people who inject drugs who utilise needle syringe programs in Australia.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Darke S, Dietze P, Maher L
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
March, 2021 (4)
- The effect of needle and syringe program and opioid agonist therapy on the risk of HIV, hepatitis B and C virus infection for people who inject drugs in Amsterdam, the Netherlands: findings from an emulated target trial.
van Santen DK, Anders B, Matser A, Maher L, Hickman M, Lodi S, Prins M
Addiction. 2021 Mar; 116(11):3115-3126
- Ketamine Use Among People Who Regularly Use Ecstasy and Other Illicit Stimulants in Australia: Trends and Characteristics of Use, 2009-2019.
Stewart AC, Peacock A, Djordjevic F, Cossar R, Salom C, Lenton S, Dietze P
J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2021 Mar; 82(2):188-196
- The impact of Victoria's real time prescription monitoring system (SafeScript) in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Fetene DM, Higgs P, Nielsen S, Djordjevic F, Dietze P
Med J Aust. 2021 Mar; 214(5):234-234.e1
- Incidence and factors associated with discontinuation of opioid agonist therapy among people who inject drugs in Australia.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Ward H, Maher L
Addiction. 2021 Mar; 116(3):825-835
February, 2021 (4)
- Understanding preferences for type of take-home naloxone device: international qualitative analysis of the views of people who use opioids.
Neale J, Farrugia A, Campbell AN, Dietze P, Dwyer R, Fomiatti R, Jones JD, Comer SD, Fraser S, Strang J
Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy. 2021 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Trends and characteristics of extra-medical use of quetiapine among people who regularly inject drugs in Australia, 2011-2018.
Sutherland R, Jayathilake R, Peacock A, Dietze P, Bruno R, Reddel S, Gisev N
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2021 Feb; 221:108636
- Coding and classification of heroin overdose calls by MPDS dispatch software: Implications for bystander response with naloxone.
Dietze P, Crossin R, Scott D, Smith K, Wilson J, Burgess S, Lubman DI, Cantwell K
Resuscitation. 2021 Feb; 159:13-18
- Integrating episodes of imprisonment and the cascade of care for opioid use disorder.
Cossar R, Stewart A, Winter R, Curtis M, Dietze P, Ogloff JRP, Stoové M
Addiction. 2021 Feb; 116(2):427-428
January, 2021 (7)
- Incidence of HIV and HCV in people who inject drugs: a systematic and meta-analysis review protocol.
Sharhani A, Jorjoran Shushtari Z, Rahmani A, Armoon B, Noroozi M, Ahounbar E, Karimi SE, Higgs P
BMJ Open. 2021 Jan; 11(1):e041482
- Prevalence of HIV, viral hepatitis B/C and tuberculosis and treatment outcomes among people who use drugs: Results from the implementation of the first drop-in-center in Mozambique.
Semá Baltazar C, Kellogg TA, Boothe M, Loarec A, de Abreu E, Condula M, Fazito E, Raymond HF, Temmerman M, Luchters S
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jan; 90:103095
- Lessons learned from the Amsterdam Cohort Studies among people who use drugs: a historical perspective.
van Santen DK, Coutinho RA, van den Hoek A, van Brussel G, Buster M, Prins
Harm Reduct J. 2021 Jan; 18(1):2
- Clinical and demographic characteristics of people who smoke versus inject crystalline methamphetamine in Australia: Findings from a pharmacotherapy trial.
McKetin R, Quinn B, Higgs P, Berk M, Dean OM, Turner A, Kelly PJ, Lubman DI, Carter G, Baker AL, Manning V, Thomas T, Bathish R, Raftery D, Saunders L, Wrobel A, Meehan A, Sinclair B, Reid D, Arunogiri S, Hill H, Cordaro F, Dietze PMWrobel, Alcyone Meehan, Barbara Sinclair, David Reid, Shalini Arunogiri, Harry Hill, Frank Cordaro, Paul M Dietze
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A prospective cohort of people who use methamphetamine in Melbourne and non-metropolitan Victoria, Australia: Baseline characteristics and correlates of methamphetamine dependence.
Quinn B, Ward B, Agius PA, Jenkinson R, Hickman M, Sutton K, Hall C, McKetin R, Farrell M, Cossar R, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Initiation of medications for opioid use disorder shortly before release from prison to promote treatment retention: Strong evidence but compromised policy.
Curtis M, Larney S, Higgs P, Cossar RD, Winter RJ, Stewart AC, Stoové M
J Addict Med. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Perceptions of injectable opioid agonist treatment (iOAT) among people who regularly use opioids in Australia: Findings from a cross-sectional study in three Australian cities.
Nielsen S, Sanfilippo P, Belackova V, Day C, Silins E, Lintzeris N, Bruno R, Grebely J, Lancaster K, Ali R, Bell J, Dietze P, Degenhardt L, Farrell M, Larance B
Addiction. 2021 Jan; 116(6):1482-1494
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (24)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (233)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (166)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (30)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (132)
- Eliminate Malaria (23)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (84)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (7)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- HIV and AIDS (41)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (4)
- Maternal and Child Health (59)
- Malaria (39)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (4)
- Hepatitis B (13)
- Hepatitis C (39)
- Global infectious disease threats (6)
- Injecting Drug Use (29)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (34)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (9)
- Young People's Health (11)
- Justice Health (7)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (5)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (7)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (11)
- Antimicrobial resistance (1)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (55)