Support Burnet’s second-generation COVID-19 vaccine research.
April, 2021 (4)
- To Include or Occlude: Rational Engineering of HCV Vaccines for Humoral Immunity.
Schlotthauer F, McGregor J, Drummer HE
Viruses. 2021 Apr; 13(5):805
- Patient-reported outcomes of the Treatment and Prevention Study: A real-world community-based trial of direct-acting antivirals for hepatitis C among people who inject drugs.
Goutzamanis S, Spelman T, Harney B, Dietze P, Stoové M, Higgs P, Thompson A, Doyle JS, Hellard M; Treatment, Prevention Study group.
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Affordable treatment and political commitment are crucial to eliminate hepatitis C globally.
Hellard M, Pedrana A, Draper B
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Reinfection following successful direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C infection among people who inject drugs.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Hellard M, Bruneau J, Feld JJ, Cooper C, Powis J, Litwin AH, Marks P, Dalgard O, Conway B, Moriggia A, Stedman C, Read P, Bruggmann P, Lacombe K, Dunlop A, Applegate TL, Matthews GV, Fraser C, Dore GJ, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Apr; 72(8):1392-1400
March, 2021 (5)
- Homelessness, unstable housing, and risk of HIV and hepatitis C virus acquisition among people who inject drugs: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Arum C, Fraser H, Artenie AA, Bivegete S, Trickey A, Alary M, Astemborski J, Iversen J, Lim AG, MacGregor L, Morris M, Ong JJ, Platt L, Sack-Davis R, van Santen DK, Solomon SS, Sypsa V, Valencia J, Van Den Boom W, Walker JG, Ward Z, Stone J, Vickerman P; Homelessness, HIV, and HCV Review Collaborative Group.
Lancet Public Health. 2021 Mar; 6(5):E309-E323
- Low incidence of hepatitis C among a cohort of HIV-negative gay and bisexual men using HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in Melbourne, Australia, and the contribution of sexual transmission.
Cornelisse VJ, Traeger MW, Wright EJ, Murphy D, Stoove M, Hellard M, Sacks-Davis R, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Doyle J, Sasawdeusz J
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- A costing analysis of a state-wide, nurse-led hepatitis C treatment model in prison.
Palmer A, Papaluca T, Stoové M, Winter R, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Wilson D, Thompson A, Scott N; EC Victoria Partnership.
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Mar; 94:103203
- Decentralised hepatitis C testing and treatment in rural Cambodia: evaluation of a simplified service model integrated in an existing public health system.
Zhang M, O'Keefe D, Craig J, Samley K, Bunreth V, Jolivet P, Balkan S, Marquardt T, Dousset JP, Le Paih M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Mar; 6(5):371-380
- Estimating the number of new hepatitis C infections in Australia in 2015, prior to the scale-up of direct-acting antiviral treatment.
Palmer AY, Wilkinson A, Aitken C, Dietze P, Dore GJ, Maher L, Sacks-Davis R, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard M, Scott N
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
February, 2021 (1)
- Hepatitis C treatment in a co-located mental health and alcohol and drug service using a nurse-led model of care.
Harney BL, Brereton R, Whitton B, Pietrzak D, Paige E, Roberts SK, Birks S, Saraf S, Hellard ME, Doyle JS
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Feb; 28(5):771-778
January, 2021 (12)
- Incidence of HIV and HCV in people who inject drugs: a systematic and meta-analysis review protocol.
Sharhani A, Jorjoran Shushtari Z, Rahmani A, Armoon B, Noroozi M, Ahounbar E, Karimi SE, Higgs P
BMJ Open. 2021 Jan; 11(1):e041482
- Prevalence of HIV, viral hepatitis B/C and tuberculosis and treatment outcomes among people who use drugs: Results from the implementation of the first drop-in-center in Mozambique.
Semá Baltazar C, Kellogg TA, Boothe M, Loarec A, de Abreu E, Condula M, Fazito E, Raymond HF, Temmerman M, Luchters S
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jan; 90:103095
- Lessons learned from the Amsterdam Cohort Studies among people who use drugs: a historical perspective.
van Santen DK, Coutinho RA, van den Hoek A, van Brussel G, Buster M, Prins
Harm Reduct J. 2021 Jan; 18(1):2
- Micro-elimination of hepatitis C among people with HIV coinfection: declining incidence and prevalence accompanying a multi-center treatment scale-up trial.
Doyle JS, van Santen DK, Iser D, Sasadeusz J, O'Reilly M, Harney B, Traeger MW, Roney J, Cutts JC, Bowring AL, Winter R, Medland N, Fairley CK, Moore R, Tee B, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Hoy JF, Matthews GV, Prins M, Stoové MA, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Efficacy and safety of sofosbuvir/velpatasvir/voxilaprevir for HCV NS5A-inhibitor experienced patients with difficult to cure characteristics.
Papaluca T, Roberts SK, Strasser SI, Stuart KA, Farrell G, MacQuillan G, Dore GJ, Wade AJ, George J, Hazeldine S, O'Beirne J, Wigg A, Fisher L, McGarity B, Sawhney R, Sinclair M, Thomas J, Valiozis I, Weltman M, Wilson M, Woodward A, Ahlenstiel G, Haque M, Levy M, Prewett E, Sievert W, Sood S, Tse E, Valaydon Z, Bowden S, Douglas M, New K, O'Keefe J, Hellard M, Doyle J, Stoové M, Thompson AJ
Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Understanding 'risk' in families living with mixed blood-borne viral infection status: The doing and undoing of 'difference'.
Persson A, Smith AK, Wallace J, Valentine K, Bryant J, Hamilton M, Newman CE
Health. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Upscaling prevention, testing and treatment to control hepatitis C as a public health threat in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: A cost-effectiveness model.
Scott N, Mohamed Z, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Lemoine M, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print:102634
- In support of community-based hepatitis C treatment with triage of people at risk of cirrhosis to specialist care.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Draper B, Howell J, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(1):217-218
- The phases of hepatitis C elimination: achieving WHO elimination targets.
Pedrana A, Munari S, Stoové M, Doyle J, Hellard M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Jan; 6(1):6-8
- The case for simplifying and using absolute targets for viral hepatitis elimination goals
Polaris Observatory Collaborators (including Joseph Doyle)
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(1):12-19
- Letter to the Editor: Recommendations for implementing hepatitis C virus care in homeless shelters: The stakeholder perspective.
Harney B, McColl R, Pedrana A, Morrison E, Doyle J, Hellard M, Higgs P
Hepatol Commun. 2021 Jan; 5(1):146-147
- Increasing hepatitis C testing and linkage to care: Results of a testing campaign with incentives at primary care clinics in Melbourne, Australia.
Chan K, Elsum I, Gold J, Layton C, Accadia L, Bryant M, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Purcell I, Dicka J, Forrest M, Crawford S, Hellard M, Pedrana A; Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(3):569-572
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (14)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (133)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (102)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (14)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (74)
- Eliminate Malaria (14)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (47)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- HIV and AIDS (25)
- Maternal and Child Health (37)
- Malaria (23)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (4)
- Hepatitis B (8)
- Hepatitis C (22)
- Global infectious disease threats (4)
- Injecting Drug Use (15)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (17)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Young People's Health (10)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (5)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (3)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (5)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (30)