Donate today and join the fight to achieve global malaria elimination targets.
December, 2021 (2)
- Preliminary findings on the experiences of care for parents who suffered perinatal bereavement during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Silverio SA, Easter A, Storey C, Jurković D, Sandall J; PUDDLES Global Collaboration (including Homer CSE and Wilson AN)
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2021 Dec; 21(1):840
- Funding received from breastmilk substitute manufacturers and policy positions of national maternity care provider associations: an online cross-sectional review
Qassin S, Homer CSE, Wilson AN
BMJ Open. 2021 Dec; 11(12):e050179
November, 2021 (4)
- The State of the World's Midwifery 2021 report: findings to drive global policy and practice.
Andrea Nove, Petra Ten Hoope-Bender, Martin Boyce, Sarah Bar-Zeev, Luc de Bernis, Geeta Lal, Zoe Matthews, Million Mekuria, Caroline S E Homer
Hum Resour Health. 2021 Nov; 19(1):146
- COVID-19 vaccination perceptions and intentions of maternity care consumers and providers in Australia.
Bradfield Z, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Sweet L, Wilson AN, Szabo RA, Vasilevski V, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE
PLoS One. 2021 Nov; 16(11):e0260049
- Exploring education preferences of Australian women regarding long-term health after hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: a qualitative perspective
Roth H, Henry A, Roberts L, Hanley L, Homer CSE
BMC Women's Health. 2021 Nov; 21(1):384
- Vaginal examinations and mistreatment of women during facility-based childbirth in health facilities: secondary analysis of labour observations in Ghana, Guinea and Nigeria.
Adu-Bonsaffoh K, Mehrtash H, Guure C, Maya E, Vogel JP, Irinyenikan TA, Aderoba AK, Balde MD, Adanu R, Bohren MA, Tuncalp Ö
BMJ Glob Health. 2021 Nov; 5(Suppl 2):e006640
October, 2021 (3)
- Global, regional, and national mortality among young people aged 10-24 years, 1950-2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019.
GBD 2019 Adolescent Mortality Collaborators (including Azzopardi PS)
Lancet. 2021 Oct; 398(10311):1593-1618
- How do women, men, and health providers perceive interventions to influence men's engagement in maternal and newborn health? A qualitative evidence synthesis.
Comrie-Thomson L, Gopal P, Eddy K, Baguiya A, Gerlach N, Sauvé C, Portela A
Soc Sci Med. 2021 Oct; 291:114475
- Utilisation of Skilled Birth Attendant in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Trajectories and Key Sociodemographic Factors.
Walker T, Woldegiorgis M, Bhowmik J
Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021 Oct; 18(20):10722
September, 2021 (1)
- Severe maternal morbidity in the Asia Pacific: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
De Silva M, Panisi L, Lindquist A, Cluver C, Middleton A, Koete B, Vogel JP, Walker S, Tong S, Hastie R
Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2021 Sep; 14:100217
August, 2021 (5)
- Assessing the Impact of Integrated Community-Based Management of Severe Wasting Programs in Conflict-Stricken South Sudan: A Multi-Dimensional Approach to Scalability of Nutrition Emergency Response Programs.
Renzaho AMN, Dachi G, Tesfaselassie K, Abebe KT, Kassim I, Alam Q, Shaban NS, Shiweredo T, Vinathan H, Jaiswal C, Abraham HM, Miluwa KA, Mahumud RA, Ategbo E, Ndiaye B, Ayoya MA
Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021 Aug; 18(17):9113
- Reduced risk of placental parasitemia associated with complement fixation on Plasmodium falciparum by antibodies among pregnant women.
Opi DH, Boyle MJ, McLean ARD, Reiling L, Chan JA, Stanisic DI, Ura A, Mueller I, Fowkes FJI, Rogerson SJ, Beeson JG
BMC Med. 2021 Aug; 19(1):201
- Advocating for midwives in low-to-middle income countries in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Adnani QES, O'Connell MA, Homer CSE
Women Birth. 2021 Aug; 34(6):501-502
- Modelling the cost of place of birth: a pathway analysis.
Scarf VL, Yu S, Viney R, Cheah SL, Dahlen H, Sibbritt D, Thornton C, Tracy S, Homer C
BMC Health Serv Res. 2021 Aug; 21(1):816
- Point-of-care testing and treatment of sexually transmitted and genital infections during pregnancy in Papua New Guinea (WANTAIM trial): protocol for an economic evaluation alongside a cluster-randomised trial.
Batura N, Saweri OP, Vallely A, Pomat W, Homer C, Guy R, Luchters S, Mola G, Vallely LM, Morgan C, Kariwiga G, Wand H, Rogerson S, Tabrizi SN, Whiley DM, Low N, Peeling RW, Siba PM, Riddell M, Laman M, Bolnga J, Robinson LJ, Morewaya J, Badman S, Kelly-Hanku A, Toliman PJ, Peter W, Peach E, Garland S, Kaldor J, Wiseman V
BMJ Open. 2021 Aug; 11(8):e046308
July, 2021 (3)
- Experiences of menstruation in high income countries: A systematic review, qualitative evidence synthesis and comparison to low- and middle-income countries.
Barrington DJ, Robinson HJ, Wilson E, Hennegan J
PLoS One. 2021 Jul; 16(7):e0255001
- Group Pregnancy Care for refugee background women: a codesigned, multimethod evaluation protocol applying a community engagement framework and an interrupted time series design.
Riggs E, Yelland J, Mensah FK, Gold L, Szwarc J, Kaplan I, Small R, Middleton P, Krastev A, McDonald E, East C, Homer C, Nesvadba N, Biggs L, Braithwaite J, Brown SJ
BMJ Open. 2021 Jul; 11(7):e048271
- Formative research to design an implementation strategy for a postpartum hemorrhage initial response treatment bundle (E-MOTIVE): study protocol.
Bohren MA, Lorencatto F, Coomarasamy A, Althabe F, Devall AJ, Evans C, Oladapo OT, Lissauer D, Akter S, Forbes G, Thomas E, Galadanci H, Qureshi Z, Fawcus S, Hofmeyr GJ, Al-Beity FA, Kasturiratne A, Kumarendran B, Mammoliti KM, Vogel JP, Gallos I, Miller S
Reprod Health. 2021 Jul; 18(1):149
June, 2021 (4)
- Developing a multivariate prediction model of antibody features associated with protection of malaria-infected pregnant women from placental malaria.
Aitken EH, Damelang T, Ortega-Pajares A, Alemu A, Hasang W, Dini S, Unger HW, Ome-Kaius M, Nielsen MA, Salanti A, Smith J, Kent S, Hogarth PM, Wines BD, Simpson JA, Chung A, Rogerson SJ
Elife. 2021 Jun; 10:e65776
- Defining Preterm Birth and Stillbirth in the Western Pacific: A Systematic Review.
Connolly M, Phung L, Farrington E, Scoullar MJL, Wilson AN, Comrie-Thomson L, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
Asia Pac J Public Health. 2021 Jun; 33(5):489-501
- High Antibodies to VAR2CSA in Response to Malaria Infection Are Associated With Improved Birthweight in a Longitudinal Study of Pregnant Women.
McLean ARD, Opi DH, Stanisic DI, Cutts JC, Feng G, Ura A, Mueller I, Rogerson SJ, Beeson JG, Fowkes FJI
Front Immunol. 2021 Jun; 12:644563
- Early neonatal death review from two provinces in Papua New Guinea: A retrospective analysis.
Vallely LM, Smith R, Bolnga JW, Babona D, Riddell MA, Mengi A, Au L, Polomon C, Vogel JP, Pomat WS, Vallely AJ, Homer CS
J Paediatr Child Health. 2021 Jun; 57(6):841-846
May, 2021 (6)
- Cross Cultural Workers for women and families from migrant and refugee backgrounds: a mixed-methods study of service providers perceptions.
Rogers HJ, Hogan L, Coates D, Homer CSE, Henry A
BMC Womens Health. 2021 May; 21(1):222
- The prevalence of uterine fundal pressure during the second stage of labour for women giving birth in health facilities: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Farrington E, Connolly M, Phung L, Wilson AN, Comrie-Thomson L, Bohren MA, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
Reprod Health. 2021 May; 18(1):98
- Men's and women's knowledge of danger signs relevant to postnatal and neonatal care-seeking: A cross sectional study from Bungoma County, Kenya.
Roney E, Morgan C, Gatungu D, Mwaura P, Mwambeo H, Natecho A, Comrie-Thomson L, Gitaka JN
PLoS One. 2021 May; 16(5):e0251543
- Impacts of High Environmental Temperatures on Congenital Anomalies: A Systematic Review.
Haghighi MM, Wright CY, Ayer J, Urban MF, Pham MD, Boeckmann M, Areal A, Wernecke B, Swift CP, Robinson M, Hetem RS, Chersich MF, Climate Change And Heat-Health Study Group
Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021 May; 18(9)
- Intravenous oxytocin dosing regimens for postpartum hemorrhage prevention at cesarean section: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Phung LC, Farrington EK, Connolly M, Wilson AN, Carvalho B, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021 May; 225(3):250-263
- Editorial: Outcome reporting in midwifery research.
Matvienko-Sikar, K Homer C
Women Birth. 2021 May; 34(3):203-205
April, 2021 (4)
- Pregnancy - a key moment for engaging women with hepatitis B in care.
Roder C, Chand S, Streat S, Beynon S, Huning E, Dabkowski P, Athan E, Wade AJ
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2021 Apr; 45(3):299-300
- Antenatal Dexamethasone for Early Preterm Birth in Low-Resource Countries. Reply.
Oladapo OT, Vogel JP, Bahl R
N Engl J Med. 2021 Apr; 384(16):e58
- Baby Buddy App for Breastfeeding and Behavior Change: Retrospective Study of the App Using the Behavior Change Wheel.
Musgrave LM, Baum A, Perera N, Homer CS, Gordon A
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2021 Apr; 9(4):e25668
- Rethinking the use of 'vulnerable'.
Munari SC, Wilson AN, Blow NJ, Homer CSE, Ward JE
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2021 Apr; 45(3):197-199
March, 2021 (8)
- Experiences of receiving and providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia: A five-cohort cross-sectional comparison.
Bradfield Z, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Vasilevski V, Kuliukas L, Wilson AN, Szabo RA, Homer CSE, Sweet L
PLoS One. 2021 Mar; 16(3):e0248488
- The development of the WHO Labour Care Guide: an international survey of maternity care providers.
Pingray V, Bonet M, Berrueta M, Mazzoni A, Belizán M, Keil N, Vogel J, Althabe F, Oladapo OT
Reprod Health. 2021 Mar; 18(1):66
- Public health physicians: who are they and why we need more of them - especially in Victoria.
Wilson AN, Moodie R, Grills N
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2021 Mar; 45(2):93-94
- Becoming a mother in the 'new' social world in Australia during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sweet L, Bradfield Z, Vasilevski V, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wilson AN
Midwifery. 2021 Mar; 98:102996
- Healthcare providers experiences of using uterine balloon tamponade (UBT) devices for the treatment of post-partum haemorrhage: A meta-synthesis of qualitative studies.
Finlayson K, Vogel JP, Althabe F, Widmer M, Oladapo OT
PLoS One. 2021 Mar; 16(3):e0248656
- WHO next generation partograph: revolutionary steps towards individualised labour care.
Hofmeyr GJ, Bernitz S, Bonet M, Bucagu M, Dao B, Downe S, Galadanci H, Homer CSE, Hundley V, Lavender T, Levy B, Lissauer D, Lumbiganon P, McConville FE, Pattinson R, Qureshi Z, Souza JP, Stanton ME, Ten Hoope-Bender P, Vannevel V, Vogel JP, Oladapo OT
BJOG. 2021 Mar; 128(10):1658-1662
- Analgesia for vaginal birth: Secondary analysis from the WHO Multicountry Survey on Maternal and Newborn Health.
Souza MA, Cecatti JG, Guida JP, Souza JP, Gulmezoglu AM, Betran AP, R Torloni M, Vogel JP, Costa ML; WHO-MCS study group
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2021 Mar; 152(3):401-408
- Women's sleep position during pregnancy in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review.
Rossiter SK, Aziz S, Wilson AN, Comrie-Thomson L, Stacey T, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
Reprod Health. 2021 Mar; 18(1):53
February, 2021 (6)
- HIV infection and placental malaria reduce maternal transfer of multiple antimalarial antibodies in Mozambican women.
Alonso S, Vidal M, Ruiz-Olalla G, González R, Jairoce C, Manaca MN, Vázquez-Santiago M, Balcells R, Vala A, Ruperez M, Cisteró P, Fuente-Soro L, Angov E, Coppel RL, Gamain B, Cavanagh D, Beeson JG, Nhacolo A, Sevene E, Aponte JJ, Macete E, Aguilar R, Mayor A, Menéndez C, Dobaño C, Moncunill G
J Infect. 2021 Feb; 82(4): 45-57
- Prevalence of abnormal umbilical arterial flow on Doppler ultrasound in low-risk and unselected pregnant women: a systematic review.
Vogel JP, Vannevel V, Robbers G, Gwako G, Lavin T, Adanikin A, Hlongwane T, Pattinson RC, Qureshi ZP, Oladapo OT
Reprod Health. 2021 Feb; 18(1):38
- A cross sectional study of midwifery students' experiences of COVID-19: Uncertainty and expendability.
Kuliukas L, Hauck Y, Sweet L, Vasilevski V, Homer C, Wynter K, Wilson A, Szabo R, Bradfield Z
Nurse Educ Pract. 2021 Feb; 51:102988
- Covid-19 changes to maternity care: Experiences of Australian doctors.
Szabo RA, Wilson AN, Homer C, Vasilevski V, Sweet L, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Bradfield Z
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2021 Feb; 61(3):408-415
- Understanding workforce experiences in the early career period of Australian midwives: insights into factors which strengthen job satisfaction.
Sheehy DA, Smith MR, Gray PJ, Homer C
Midwifery. 2021 Feb; 93:102880
- The impact of planning for COVID-19 on private practising midwives in Australia.
Homer CSE, Davies-Tuck M, Dahlen HG, Scarf VL
Women Birth. 2021 Feb; 34(1):e32-e37
January, 2021 (15)
- Preventing post-partum haemorrhage at home during COVID-19: what are we waiting for?
Hobday K, Prata N, Hulme J, Homer CS
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Jan; 9(3):e245-e246
- Baby Buddy app evaluation-effective uplift in breast feeding despite unclear mechanism.
Blair M, Downe S, Gordon A, Musgrave L, Homer C, Etherington C
mHealth. 2021 Jan; 7:16
- Risk factors and knowledge associated with high unintended pregnancy rates and low family planning use among pregnant women in Papua New Guinea.
Peach E, Morgan C, Scoullar MJL, Fowkes FJI, Kennedy E, Melepia P, Homiehombo P, Au L, Luchters S, Umbers AJ, Vallely A, Vallely LM, Kelly-Hanku A, Robinson LJ, Crabb BS, Elijah A, Siba PM, Pomat W, Beeson JG
Sci Rep. 2021 Jan; 11(1):1222
- Potential impact of midwives in preventing and reducing maternal and neonatal mortality and stillbirths: a Lives Saved Tool modelling study.
Nove A, Friberg IK, de Bernis L, McConville F, Moran AC, Najjemba M, Ten Hoope-Bender P, Tracy S, Homer CSE
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Jan; 9(1):e24-e32
- The first 2 h after birth: prevalence and factors associated with neonatal care practices from a multicountry, facility-based, observational study.
Sacks E, Mehrtash H, Bohren M, Balde MD, Vogel JP, Adu-Bonsaffoh K, Portela A, Aderoba AK, Irinyenikan TA, Maung TM, Thwin SS, Mon NO, Soumah AM, Guure C, Diallo BA, Adeyanju AO, Maya E, Adanu R, Gülmezoglu AM, Tunçalp Ö
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Jan; 9(1):e72-e80
- Respectful language in intrapartum and newborn care.
Ravaldi C, Vannacci A, Homer C
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Jan; 9(1):e17
- Women's experiences of mistreatment during childbirth and their satisfaction with care: findings from a multicountry community-based study in four countries.
Maung TM, Mon NO, Mehrtash H, Bonsaffoh KA, Vogel JP, Aderoba AK, Irinyenikan TA, Balde MD, Pattanittum P, Tuncalp Ö, Bohren M
BMJ Glob Health. 2021 Jan; 5(Suppl 2):e003688
- Addressing pregnancy-related concerns in women with inflammatory bowel disease: Insights from the patient's perspective.
Flanagan EK, Richmond J, Thompson AJ, Desmond PV, Bell SJ
JGHOpen. 2021 Jan; 5(1):28-33
- Perinatal death audit and classification of stillbirths in two provinces in Papua New Guinea: a retrospective analysis.
Vallely LM, Smith R, Bolnga JW, Babona D, Riddell MA, Mengi A, Au L, Polomon C, Vogel JP, Pomat WS, Vallely AJ, Homer CS
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2021 Jan; 153(1):160-168
- Usability, acceptability, and feasibility of the World Health Organization Labour Care Guide: A mixed-methods, multicountry evaluation.
Vogel JP, Comrie-Thomson L, Pingray V, Gadama L, Galadanci H, Goudar S, Laisser R, Lavender T, Lissauer D, Misra S, Pujar Y, Qureshi ZP, Amole T, Berrueta M, Dankishiya F, Gwako G, Homer CSE, Jobanputra J, Meja S, Nigri C, Mohaptra V, Osoti A, Roberti J, Solomon D, Suleiman M, Robbers G, Sutherland S, Vernekar S, Althabe F, Bonet M, Oladapo OT
Birth. 2021 Jan; 48(1):66-75
- Pregnant women voice their concerns and birth expectations during the COVID-19 pandemic in Italy.
Ravaldi C, Wilson A, Ricca V, Homer C, Vannacci A
Women Birth. 2021 Jan; 34(4):335-343
- How addressing menstrual health and hygiene may enable progress across the Sustainable Development Goals.
Sommer M, Torondel B, Hennegan J, Phillips-Howard PA, Mahon T, Motivans A, Zulaika G, Gruer C, Haver J, Caruso BA; Monitoring Menstrual Health and Hygiene Group.
Glob Health Action. 2021 Jan; 14(1):1920315
- Clinical guidelines for caring for women with COVID-19 during pregnancy, childbirth and the immediate postpartum period.
Pavlidis P, Eddy K, Phung L, Farrington E, Connolly M, Lopes R, Wilson AN, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
Women Birth. 2021 Jan; 34(5):455-464
- Counting stillbirths and COVID 19-there has never been a more urgent time.
Homer CSE, Leisher SH, Aggarwal N, Akuze J, Babona D, Blencowe H, Bolgna J, Chawana R, Christou A, Davies-Tuck M, Dandona R, Gordijn S, Gordon A, Jan R, Korteweg F, Maswime S, Murphy MM, Quigley P, Storey C, Vallely LM, Waiswa P, Whitehead C, Zeitlin J, Flenady V
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Jan; 9(1):e10-e11
- Caring for the carers: Ensuring the provision of quality maternity care during a global pandemic.
Wilson AN, Ravaldi C, Scoullar MJL, Vogel JP, Szabo RA, Fisher JRW, Homer CSE
Women Birth. 2021 Jan; 34(3):206-209
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (24)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (236)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (177)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Health Security and Pandemic Preparedness (88)
- Eliminate Malaria (31)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (7)
- Finance (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Human Resources (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Harm Reduction (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Burnet Vaccine Initiative (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (27)
- Education & Training (0)
- Infectious Diseases Elimination (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (0)
- Commercialisation, Innovation and Industry Partnerships (0)
- HIV and AIDS (40)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (5)
- Maternal and Child Health (61)
- Malaria (47)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (5)
- Hepatitis B (10)
- Hepatitis C (35)
- Global infectious disease threats (6)
- Injecting Drug Use (28)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (27)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (9)
- Young People's Health (13)
- Justice Health (6)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (6)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (8)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (3)
- Influenza (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (10)
- Antimicrobial resistance (1)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (54)