Donate today to help provide Burnet’s labs with critical equipment.
October, 2021 (1)
- 'We are going into battle without appropriate armour': A qualitative study of Indonesian midwives' experiences in providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hazfiarini A, Akter S, Homer CSE, Zahroh RIR, Bohren MA
Women Birth. 2021 Oct; Epub ahead of print
September, 2021 (2)
- Childbearing women's experiences of the maternity care system in Australia during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sweet L, Wilson AN, Bradfield Z, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wynter K, Vasilevski V
Women Birth. 2021 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Retroviruses of Bats: a Threat Waiting in the Wings?
Hayward JA, Tachedjian G
mBio. 2021 Sep
August, 2021 (3)
- Advocating for midwives in low-to-middle income countries in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Adnani QES, O'Connell MA, Homer CSE
Women Birth. 2021 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Response strategies for promoting gender equality in public health emergencies: a rapid scoping review.
Steinert JI, Alacevich C, Steele B, Hennegan J, Yakubovich AR
BMJ Open. 2021 Aug; 11(8):e048292
- Unravelling the epidemiology and clinical impact of SARS-CoV-2 infection in neonates.
Sutton HJ, Dargaville PA, Spotswood NE
Acta Paediatr. 2021 Aug; 110(8):2482-2483
July, 2021 (3)
- Covasim: An agent-based model of COVID-19 dynamics and interventions.
Kerr CC, Stuart RM, Mistry D, Abeysuriya RG, Rosenfeld K, Hart GR, Núñez RC, Cohen JA, Selvaraj P, Hagedorn B, George L, Jastrzębski M, Izzo AS, Fowler G, Palmer A, Delport D, Scott N, Kelly SL, Bennette CS, Wagner BG, Chang ST, Oron AP, Wenger EA, Panovska-Griffiths J, Famulare M, Klein DJ
PLoS Comput Biol. 2021 Jul; 17(7):e1009149
- The introduction of a mandatory mask policy was associated with significantly reduced COVID-19 cases in a major metropolitan city.
Scott N, Saul A, Spelman T, Stoove M, Pedrana A, Saeri A, Grundy E, Smith L, Toole M, McIntyre CR, Crabb BS, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2021 Jul; 16(7):e0253510
- Beyond the bubble: neighbours helping neighbours.
Lin YD, du Cros P, Greig J, Lavu EK, Hiasihri S
Intern Med J. 2021 Jul; 51(7):1013-1015
June, 2021 (5)
- Australian women's experiences of receiving maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic: A cross-sectional national survey.
Wilson AN, Sweet L, Vasilevski V, Hauck Y, Wynter K, Kuliukas L, Szabo RA, Homer CSE, Bradfield Z
Birth. 2021 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Changes in illicit drug use and markets with the COVID-19 pandemic and associated restrictions: Findings from the Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System, 2016-2020.
Price O, Man N, Bruno R, Dietze P, Salom C, Lenton S, Grigg J, Gibbs D, Wilson T, Degenhardt L, Chan R, Thomas N, Peacock A
Addiction. 2021 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Adapting active case-finding for TB during the COVID-19 pandemic in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Chan G, Triasih R, Nababan B, du Cros P, Wilks N, Main S, Huang GKL, Lin D, Graham SM, Majumdar SS, Bakker M, Khan A, Khan FA, Dwihardiani B
Public Health Action. 2021 Jun; 11(2):41-49
- Plasma markers of disrupted gut permeability in severe COVID-19 patients.
Giron LB, Dweep H, Yin X, Wang H, Damra M, Goldman AR, Gorman N, Palmer CS, Tang HY, Shaikh MW, Forsyth CB, Balk RA, Zilberstein NF, Liu Q, Kossenkov A, Keshavarzian A, Landay A, Abdel-Mohsen M
Front Immunol. 2021 Jun; 12:686240
- Effective Communication at Different Phases of COVID-19 Prevention: Roles, Enablers and Barriers.
Mohd Hanafiah K, Ng C, Wan AM
Viruses. 2021 Jun; 13(6):1058
May, 2021 (3)
- Controlling COVID-19 via test-trace-quarantine.
Kerr CC, Mistry D, Stuart RM, Rosenfeld K, Hart GR, Núñez RC, Cohen JA, Selvaraj P, Abeysuriya RG, Jastrzębski M, George L, Hagedorn B, Panovska-Griffiths J, Fagalde M, Duchin J, Famulare M, Klein DJ
Nat Commun. 2021 May; 12(1):2993
- Decay of Fc-dependent antibody functions after mild to moderate COVID-19.
Lee WS, Selva KJ, Davis SK, Wines BD, Reynaldi A, Esterbauer R, Kelly HG, Haycroft ER, Tan HX, Juno JA, Wheatley AK, Hogarth PM, Cromer D, Davenport MP, Chung AW, Kent SJ
Cell Rep Med. 2021 May; 2(6):100296
- COVID-19 vaccination among people who inject drugs: Leaving no one behind.
Iversen J, Peacock A, Price O, Byrne J, Dunlop A, Maher L
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 May; 40(4):517-520
April, 2021 (9)
- Receiving maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic: Experiences of women's partners and support persons.
Vasilevski V, Sweet L, Bradfield Z, Wilson AN, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wynter K
Women Birth. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Modelling the potential impact of mask use in schools and society on COVID-19 control in the UK.
Panovska-Griffiths J, Kerr CC, Waites W, Stuart RM, Mistry D, Foster D, Klein DJ, Viner RM, Bonell C
Sci Rep. 2021 Apr; 11(1):8747
- Role of masks, testing and contact tracing in preventing COVID-19 resurgences: a case study from New South Wales, Australia
Stuart RM, Abeysuriya RG, Kerr CC, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Gray RT, Hellard M, Scott N
BMJ Open. 2021 Apr; 11(4):e045941
- Safety and immunogenicity of an MF59-adjuvanted spike glycoprotein-clamp vaccine for SARS-CoV-2: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 1 trial.
Chappell KJ, Mordant FL, Li Z, Wijesundara DK, Ellenberg P, Lackenby JA, Cheung STM, Modhiran N, Avumegah MS, Henderson CL, Hoger K, Griffin P, Bennet J, Hensen L, Zhang W, Nguyen THO, Marrero-Hernandez S, Selva KJ, Chung AW, Tran MH, Tapley P, Barnes J, Reading PC, Nicholson S, Corby S, Holgate T, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Kedzierska K, Purcell DFJ, Ranasinghe C, Subbarao K, Watterson D, Young PR, Munro TP
Lancet Infect Dis. 2021 Apr; 21(10):1383-1394
- Estimating and mitigating the risk of COVID-19 epidemic rebound associated with reopening of international borders in Vietnam: a modelling study
Pham QD, Stuart RM, Nguyen TV, Luong QC, Tran QD, Pham TQ, Phan LT, Dang TQ, Tran DN, Do HT, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Abeysuriya RG, Oron AP, Kerr CC
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Apr; 9(7):e916-e924
- The COVID-19 global pandemic: a review of the Vietnamese Government response.
Tran LTT, Manuama EO, Vo DP, Nguyen HV, Cassim R, Pham M, Bui DS
J Glob Health Rep. 2021 Apr; 5:e2021030
- Rethinking the use of 'vulnerable'.
Munari SC, Wilson AN, Blow NJ, Homer CSE, Ward JE
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2021 Apr; 45(3):197-199
- Systems serology detects functionally distinct coronavirus antibody features in children and elderly.
Selva KJ, van de Sandt CE, Lemke MM, Lee CY, Shoffner SK, Chua BY, Davis SK, Nguyen THO, Rowntree LC, Hensen L, Koutsakos M, Wong CY, Mordant F, Jackson DC, Flanagan KL, Crowe J, Tosif S, Neeland MR, Sutton P, Licciardi PV, Crawford NW, Cheng AC, Doolan DL, Amanat F, Krammer F, Chappell K, Modhiran N, Watterson D, Young P, Lee WS, Wines BD, Mark Hogarth P, Esterbauer R, Kelly HG, Tan HX, Juno JA, Wheatley AK, Kent SJ, Arnold KB, Kedzierska K, Chung AW
Nat Commun. 2021 Apr; 12(1):2037
- Challenges to implementation and strengthening of initial COVID-19 surveillance in Vanuatu: January-April 2020.
Williams W, van Gemert C, Mariasua J, Iavro E, Fred D, Nausien J, Manwo O, Atua V, Pakoa GJ, Taissets A, Knox TB, Buttsworth M, Clark G, Cornish M, Tapo PS, Tarivonda L, Guyant P; Vanuatu Ministry of Health’s National Health Emergency Operations Centre.
Western Pac Surveill Response J. 2021 Apr; 12(2):57-64
March, 2021 (7)
- Experiences of receiving and providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia: A five-cohort cross-sectional comparison.
Bradfield Z, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Vasilevski V, Kuliukas L, Wilson AN, Szabo RA, Homer CSE, Sweet L
PLoS One. 2021 Mar; 16(3):e0248488
- Public health physicians: who are they and why we need more of them - especially in Victoria.
Wilson AN, Moodie R, Grills N
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2021 Mar; 45(2):93-94
- Becoming a mother in the 'new' social world in Australia during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sweet L, Bradfield Z, Vasilevski V, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Homer CSE, Szabo RA, Wilson AN
Midwifery. 2021 Mar; 98:102996
- Midwives' experiences of providing maternity care during the COVID-19 pandemic in Australia.
Bradfield Z, Hauck Y, Homer CSE, Sweet L, Wilson AN, Szabo RA, Wynter K, Vasilevski V, Kuliukas L
Women Birth. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Lessons from COVID-19-free Vanuatu: intensive health operations for Phase 1 of repatriation and quarantine, May-July 2020.
Tapo PS, Knox TB, van Gemert-Doyle C, Manwo O, Iavro E, Williams W, Maurice R, Harrison G, Cornish M, Benjamin M, Atua V, Obed J, Clark G, Guyant P, Leodoro B, Tarivonda L.
Western Pac Surveill Response J. 2021 Mar; 12(1):61-68
- Border screening is an essential component of COVID-19 testing strategies in Vanuatu.
van Gemert C, Tapo PS, Sero K; Vanuatu Ministry of Health–Health Technical Advisory Group
Lancet Infect Dis. 2021 Mar; 21(6):769-770
- Early Outpatient Treatment of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19): A Comment.
Korman TM, McMahon JH
Am J Med. 2021 Mar; 134(3):e220-e221
February, 2021 (10)
- COVID-19 in Ethiopia: a geospatial analysis of vulnerability to infection, case severity and death.
Alene KA, Gelaw YA, Fetene DM, Koye DN, Melaku YA, Gesesew H, Birhanu MM, Adane AA, Muluneh MD, Dachew BA, Abrha S, Aregay A, Ayele AA, Bezabhe WM, Gebremariam KT, Gebremedhin T, Gebremedhin AT, Gebremichael L, Geleto AB, Kassahun HT, Kibret GD, Leshargie CT, Mekonnen A, Mirkuzie AH, Mohammed H, Tegegn HG, Tesema AG, Tesfay FH, Wubishet BL, Kinfu Y
BMJ Open. 2021 Feb; 11(2):e044606
- Risk factors for COVID-19 infection, disease severity and related deaths in Africa: a systematic review.
Gesesew HA, Koye DN, Fetene DM, Woldegiorgis M, Kinfu Y, Geleto AB, Melaku YA, Mohammed H, Alene KA, Awoke MA, Birhanu MM, Gebremedhin AT, Gelaw YA, Shifti DM, Muluneh MD, Tegegne TK, Abrha S, Aregay AF, Ayalew MB, Gebre AK, Gebremariam KT, Gebremedhin T, Gebremichael L, Leshargie CT, Kibret GD, Meazaw MW, Mekonnen AB, Tekle DY, Tesema AG, Tesfay FH, Tesfaye W, Wubishet BL, Dachew BA, Adane AA.
BMJ Open. 2021 Feb; 11(2):e044618
- Adapting harm reduction services during COVID-19: lessons from the supervised injecting facilities in Australia.
Roxburgh A, Jauncey M, Day C, Bartlett M, Cogger S, Dietze P, Nielsen S, Latimer J, Clark N
Harm Reduct J. 2021 Feb; 18(1):20
- A cross sectional study of midwifery students' experiences of COVID-19: Uncertainty and expendability.
Kuliukas L, Hauck Y, Sweet L, Vasilevski V, Homer C, Wynter K, Wilson A, Szabo R, Bradfield Z
Nurse Educ Pract. 2021 Feb; 51:102988
- Covid-19 changes to maternity care: Experiences of Australian doctors.
Szabo RA, Wilson AN, Homer C, Vasilevski V, Sweet L, Wynter K, Hauck Y, Kuliukas L, Bradfield Z
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2021 Feb; 61(3):408-415
- Mathematical modeling as a tool for policy decision making: Applications to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Panovska-Griffiths J, Kerr CC, Waites W, Stuart RM
Handbook Stat. 2021 Feb; 44(Chapter 10):291-326
- The impact of planning for COVID-19 on private practising midwives in Australia.
Homer CSE, Davies-Tuck M, Dahlen HG, Scarf VL
Women Birth. 2021 Feb; 34(1):e32-e37
- Purchasing, consumption, demographic and socioeconomic variables associated with shifts in alcohol consumption during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Callinan S, Mojica-Perez Y, Wright CJC, Livingston M, Kuntsche S, Laslett AM, Room R, Kuntsche E
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Feb; 40(2):183-191
- Complement Factors in COVID-19 Therapeutics and Vaccines.
Kurtovic L, Beeson JG
Trends Immunol. 2021 Feb; 42(2):94-103
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2021 Feb; 214(2):79-83
January, 2021 (12)
- Preventing post-partum haemorrhage at home during COVID-19: what are we waiting for?
Hobday K, Prata N, Hulme J, Homer CS
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Jan; 9(3):e245-e246
- Plasma ACE2 activity is persistently elevated following SARS-CoV-2 infection: implications for COVID-19 pathogenesis and consequences.
Patel SK, Juno JA, Lee WS, Wragg KM, Hogarth PM, Kent SJ, Burrell LM
Eur Respir J. 2021 Jan; 57:2003730
- Changes in HIV preexposure prophylaxis prescribing in Australian clinical services following COVID-19 restrictions.
Traeger MW, Patel P, Guy R, Hellard ME, Stoové MA for the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS)
AIDS. 2021 Jan; 35(1):155-157
- Weekly updates of national living evidence-based guidelines: Methods for the Australian Living Guidelines for Care of People with COVID-19.
Tendal B, Vogel JP, McDonald S, Norris S, Cumpston M, White H, Leder K, Navarro DF, Cheyne S, Chakraborty S, Murano M, Millard T, Callesen HE, Islam RM, Elliott J, Turner T; National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce.
J Clin Epidemiol. 2021 Jan; 131:11-21
- Shared Resource Laboratory Operations: Changes made during Initial Global COVID-19 Lockdown of 2020.
Back JB, Chadick CH, Garcia Vallejo JJ, Orlowski-Oliver E, Patel R, Roe CE, Srivastava J, Walker RV
Cytometry A. 2021 Jan; 99(1):22-32
- Modifying regulatory practices to create a safe and effective working environment within a Shared Resource Laboratory (SRL) during a global pandemic.
Filby A, Haviland DL, Jones DD, López AB, Orlowski-Oliver E, Rieger AM
Cytometry A. 2021 Jan; 99(1):33-41
- Vietnam’s healthcare system decentralization: How well does it respond to global health crises such as covid-19 pandemic?
Nguyen HV, Debattista J, Pham MD, Dao ATM, Gilmour S, Nguyen HL, Nguyen TV, Le PM, Nguyen PT, Tran ATN, Vu KD, Dinh ST, Minh Van Hoang MV
Asia Pac J Health Manag. 2021 Jan; 16(1):i619
- Challenges Associated With the Response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Pandemic in Africa-An African Diaspora Perspective.
Risk Anal. 2021 Jan; 41(5):831-836
- Pregnant women voice their concerns and birth expectations during the COVID-19 pandemic in Italy.
Ravaldi C, Wilson A, Ricca V, Homer C, Vannacci A
Women Birth. 2021 Jan; 34(4):335-343
- Clinical guidelines for caring for women with COVID-19 during pregnancy, childbirth and the immediate postpartum period.
Pavlidis P, Eddy K, Phung L, Farrington E, Connolly M, Lopes R, Wilson AN, Homer CSE, Vogel JP
Women Birth. 2021 Jan; 34(5):455-464
- Counting stillbirths and COVID 19-there has never been a more urgent time.
Homer CSE, Leisher SH, Aggarwal N, Akuze J, Babona D, Blencowe H, Bolgna J, Chawana R, Christou A, Davies-Tuck M, Dandona R, Gordijn S, Gordon A, Jan R, Korteweg F, Maswime S, Murphy MM, Quigley P, Storey C, Vallely LM, Waiswa P, Whitehead C, Zeitlin J, Flenady V
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Jan; 9(1):e10-e11
- Caring for the carers: Ensuring the provision of quality maternity care during a global pandemic.
Wilson AN, Ravaldi C, Scoullar MJL, Vogel JP, Szabo RA, Fisher JRW, Homer CSE
Women Birth. 2021 Jan; 34(3):206-209
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (24)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (233)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (166)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (30)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (132)
- Eliminate Malaria (23)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (84)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (7)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- HIV and AIDS (41)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (4)
- Maternal and Child Health (59)
- Malaria (39)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (4)
- Hepatitis B (13)
- Hepatitis C (39)
- Global infectious disease threats (6)
- Injecting Drug Use (29)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (34)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (9)
- Young People's Health (11)
- Justice Health (7)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (5)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (7)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (11)
- Antimicrobial resistance (1)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (55)