Donate today to help provide Burnet’s labs with critical equipment.
October, 2021 (1)
- Modeling the epidemiological impact of the UNAIDS 2025 targets to end AIDS as a public health threat by 2030.
Stover J, Glaubius R, Teng Y, Kelly S, Brown T, Hallett TB, Revill P, Bärnighausen T, Phillips AN, Fontaine C, Frescura L, Izazola-Licea JA, Semini I, Godfrey-Faussett P, De Lay PR, Benzaken AS, Ghys PD
PLoS Med. 2021 Oct; 18(10):e1003831
September, 2021 (1)
- Recent Advances and New Challenges in Cisgender Women's Gynecologic and Obstetric Health in the Context of HIV.
Deese J, Heffron R, Jaspan H, Masson L, Smit JA, Sibeko S
Clin Obstetr Gynecol. 2021 Sep; 64(3):475-490
August, 2021 (2)
- Operational experiences associated with the implementation of near point-of-care early infant diagnosis of HIV in Myanmar: a qualitative study.
Yee WL, Htay H, Mohamed Y, Nightingale CE, Tin HH, Thein W, Kyaw LL, Yee WW, Aye MM, Badman SG, Vallely AJ, Anderson D, Kelly-Hanku A, Luchters S
BMC Health Serv Res. 2021 Aug; 21(1):863
- Estimation of benzathine penicillin G demand for congenital syphilis elimination with adoption of dual HIV/syphilis rapid diagnostic tests in eleven high burden countries.
Shah S, Garg S, Heath K, Ofili O, Bansal Y, Seghers F, Storey A, Taylor M
PLoS One. 2021 Aug; 16(8):e0256400
July, 2021 (2)
- Development of a novel in vitro primary human monocyte-derived macrophage model to study reactivation of HIV-1 transcription.
Wong ME, Johnson CJ, Hearps AC, Jaworowski A.
J Virol. 2021 Jul; 95(19):00227-21
- Consensus statement on the role of health systems in advancing the long-term well-being of people living with HIV.
Lazarus JV, Safreed-Harmon K, Kamarulzaman A, Anderson J, Leite RB, Behrens G, Bekker LG, Bhagani S, Brown D, Brown G, Buchbinder S, Caceres C, Cahn PE, Carrieri P, Caswell G, Cooke GS, Monforte AD, Dedes N, Del Amo J, Elliott R, El-Sadr WM, Fuster-Ruiz de Apodaca MJ, Guaraldi G, Hallett T, Harding R, Hellard M, Jaffar S, Kall M, Klein M, Lewin SR, Mayer K, Pérez-Molina JA, Moraa D, Naniche D, Nash D, Noori T, Pozniak A, Rajasuriar R, Reiss P, Rizk N, Rockstroh J, Romero D, Sabin C, Serwadda D, Waters L
Nat Commun. 2021 Jul; 12(1):4450
June, 2021 (2)
- Family imaginaries in the disclosure of a blood-borne virus.
Smith AKJ, Persson A, Drysdale K, Bryant J, Valentine K, Wallace J, Hamilton M, Gray RM, Newman CE
Sociol Health Illn. 2021 Jun; 43(6):1422-1436
- Reaching UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets worldwide: predicted benefits and treatment costs with generic manufacture.
Heath K, Levi J, Hill A
AIDS. 2021 Jun; Epub ahead of print
May, 2021 (2)
- Differential Expression of HIV Envelope Epitopes on the Surface of HIV-Infected Macrophages and CD4+ T cells.
Kek H, Laumaea A, Parise S, Poumbourios P, Hearps AC, Jaworowski A
Antiviral Res. 2021 May; 191:105085
- The role of oxidative stress in HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders.
Buckley S, Byrnes S, Cochrane C, Roche M, Estes JD, Selemidis S, Angelovich TA, Churchill MJ
Brain Behav Immun Health. 2021 May; 13:100235
April, 2021 (4)
- Predictors of virological failure among people living with HIV receiving first line antiretroviral treatment in Myanmar: retrospective cohort analysis.
Mesic A, Spina A, Mar HT, Thit P, Decroo T, Lenglet A, Thandar MP, Thwe TT, Kyaw AA, Homan T, Sangma M, Kremer R, Grieg J, Piriou E, Ritmeijer K, Van Olmen J, Lynen L, Oo HN
AIDS Res Ther. 2021 Apr; 18(1):16
- Improved HIV-positive infant survival is correlated with high levels of HIV-specific ADCC activity in multiple cohorts.
Yaffe ZA, Naiman NE, Slyker J, Wines BD, Richardson BA, Hogarth PM, Bosire R, Farquhar C, Ngacha DM, Nduati R, John-Stewart G, Overbaugh J
Cell Rep Med. 2021 Apr; 2(4):100254
- Increased targeted HIV testing and reduced undiagnosed HIV infections among gay and bisexual men.
Patel PG, Keen P, McManus H, Duck T, Callander D, Selvey C, Power C, Gray RT, Knight V, Asselin J, Read P, Johnson K, Bavinton BR, Bowden VJ, Grulich AE, Guy R; NSW HIV Prevention Partnership Project
HIV Med. 2021 Apr; 22(78):605-616
- Added socioeconomic burden of non-communicable disease on HIV/AIDS affected households in the Asia Pacific region: A systematic review.
Wanni Arachchige Dona S, Bohingamu Mudiyanselage S, Watts JJ, Sweeney R, Coghlan B, Majmudar I, Abimanyi-Ochom J
Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2021 Apr; 9:100111
March, 2021 (4)
- Homelessness, unstable housing, and risk of HIV and hepatitis C virus acquisition among people who inject drugs: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Arum C, Fraser H, Artenie AA, Bivegete S, Trickey A, Alary M, Astemborski J, Iversen J, Lim AG, MacGregor L, Morris M, Ong JJ, Platt L, Sack-Davis R, van Santen DK, Solomon SS, Sypsa V, Valencia J, Van Den Boom W, Walker JG, Ward Z, Stone J, Vickerman P; Homelessness, HIV, and HCV Review Collaborative Group.
Lancet Public Health. 2021 Mar; 6(5):E309-E323
- Low incidence of hepatitis C among a cohort of HIV-negative gay and bisexual men using HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in Melbourne, Australia, and the contribution of sexual transmission.
Cornelisse VJ, Traeger MW, Wright EJ, Murphy D, Stoove M, Hellard M, Sacks-Davis R, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Doyle J, Sasawdeusz J
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2021 Mar; 87(4):1011-1015
- SPECIAL ISSUE HIV and CHRONIC PAIN (The Global Task Force for Chronic Pain in People with HIV (PWH): Developing a research agenda in an emerging field).
Merlin JS, Hamm M, de Abril Cameron F, Baker V, Brown DA, Cherry CL, Edelman EJ, Evangeli M, Harding R, Josh J, Kemp HI, Lichius C, Madden VJ, Nkhoma K, O'Brien KK, Parker R, Rice A, Robinson-Papp J, Sabin CA, Slawek D, Scott W, Tsui JI, Uebelacker LA, Wadley AL, Goodin BR
AIDS Care. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- The continuing HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men and transgender women in the ASEAN region: implications for HIV policy and service programming.
van Griensven F, de Lind van Wijngaarden JW, Eustaquio PC, Wignall S, Azwa I, Veronese V, Ferradini L, Phanuphak N, Mills S
Sex Health. 2021 Mar; 18(1):21-30
February, 2021 (3)
- Phospholipid Metabolism Is Associated with Time to HIV Rebound upon Treatment Interruption.
Giron LB, Papasavvas E, Yin X, Goldman AR, Tang HY, Palmer CS, Landay AL, Li JZ, Koethe JR, Mounzer K, Kostman JR, Liu Q, Montaner LJ, Abdel-Mohsen M
mBio. 2021 Feb; 12(1)
- Lactic acid-containing products for bacterial vaginosis and their impact on the vaginal microbiota: A systematic review.
Plummer EL, Bradshaw CS, Doyle M, Fairley CK, Murray GL, Bateson D, Masson L, Slifirski J, Tachedjian G, Vodstrcil LA
PLoS One. 2021 Feb; 16(2):e0246953
- Sharing the costs of structural interventions: What can models tell us?
Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Feb; 88:102702
January, 2021 (3)
- Lessons learned from the Amsterdam Cohort Studies among people who use drugs: a historical perspective.
van Santen DK, Coutinho RA, van den Hoek A, van Brussel G, Buster M, Prins
Harm Reduct J. 2021 Jan; 18(1):2
- Prevalence of latent tuberculosis infection and HIV among people who inject drugs in Iran.
Radfar SR, Nematollahi P, Tayeri K, Dehghan H, Janani M, Higgs P, Mohsenifar S, Noroozi A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; 40(4):572-579
- Rosuvastatin therapy in people with HIV at intermediate cardiovascular risk does not decrease biomarkers of inflammation and immune activation.
Hearps AC, Angelovich TA, Trevillyan JM, Wong ME, Calmy A, Hoy JF, Jaworowski A
J Infect Dis. 2021 Jan; 224(4):667-672
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (24)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (233)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (166)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (30)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (132)
- Eliminate Malaria (23)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (84)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (7)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- HIV and AIDS (41)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (4)
- Maternal and Child Health (59)
- Malaria (39)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (4)
- Hepatitis B (13)
- Hepatitis C (39)
- Global infectious disease threats (6)
- Injecting Drug Use (29)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (34)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (9)
- Young People's Health (11)
- Justice Health (7)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (5)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (7)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (11)
- Antimicrobial resistance (1)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (55)