Support Burnet’s second-generation COVID-19 vaccine research.
April, 2021 (9)
- Human Behavior, Livelihood, and Malaria Transmission in Two Sites of Papua New Guinea.
Rodríguez-Rodríguez D, Katusele M, Auwun A, Marem M, Robinson LJ, Laman M, Hetzel MW, Pulford J
J Infect Dis. 2021 Apr; 223(Supplement_2):S171-S186
- Predictors of virological failure among people living with HIV receiving first line antiretroviral treatment in Myanmar: retrospective cohort analysis.
Mesic A, Spina A, Mar HT, Thit P, Decroo T, Lenglet A, Thandar MP, Thwe TT, Kyaw AA, Homan T, Sangma M, Kremer R, Grieg J, Piriou E, Ritmeijer K, Van Olmen J, Lynen L, Oo HN
AIDS Res Ther. 2021 Apr; 18(1):16
- Role of masks, testing and contact tracing in preventing COVID-19 resurgences: a case study from New South Wales, Australia
Stuart RM, Abeysuriya RG, Kerr CC, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Gray RT, Hellard M, Scott N
BMJ Open. 2021 Apr; 11(4):e045941
- Patient-reported outcomes of the Treatment and Prevention Study: A real-world community-based trial of direct-acting antivirals for hepatitis C among people who inject drugs.
Goutzamanis S, Spelman T, Harney B, Dietze P, Stoové M, Higgs P, Thompson A, Doyle JS, Hellard M; Treatment, Prevention Study group.
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Reinfection following successful direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C infection among people who inject drugs.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Hellard M, Bruneau J, Feld JJ, Cooper C, Powis J, Litwin AH, Marks P, Dalgard O, Conway B, Moriggia A, Stedman C, Read P, Bruggmann P, Lacombe K, Dunlop A, Applegate TL, Matthews GV, Fraser C, Dore GJ, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Apr; 72(8):1392-1400
- Estimating and mitigating the risk of COVID-19 epidemic rebound associated with reopening of international borders in Vietnam: a modelling study
Pham QD, Stuart RM, Nguyen TV, Luong QC, Tran QD, Pham TQ, Phan LT, Dang TQ, Tran DN, Do HT, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Abeysuriya RG, Oron AP, Kerr CC
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Addressing alcohol and other drug use among young people from migrant and ethnic minority backgrounds: Perspectives of service providers in Melbourne, Australia.
Douglass CH, Block K, Horyniak D, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Health Soc Care Community. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Prevalence and correlates of simultaneous, multiple substance injection (co-injection) amongst people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Palmer A, Higgs P, Scott N, Agius P, Maher L, Dietze P
Addiction. 2021 Apr; 116(4):876-888
- Quantifying the evolving contribution of HIV interventions and key populations to the HIV epidemic in Yaounde, Cameroon.
Silhol R, Baral S, Bowring AL, Mukandavire C, Njindam IM, Rao A, Schwartz S, Tamoufe U, Billong SC, Njoya O, Zoung-Kanyi Bissek AC, Garcia Calleja JM, Vickerman P, Mishra S, Boily MC
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2021 Apr; 86(4):396-405
March, 2021 (12)
- A mobile phone application for malaria case-based reporting to advance malaria surveillance in Myanmar: a mixed methods evaluation.
Oo WH, Htike W, Cutts JC, Win KM, Thu KM, Oo MC, Hkawng GN, Agius PA, Htoon PP, Scott N, Kearney E, Moreira C, Pedrana A, Stoove M, Thi A, Aung YW, Thein MM, Rosecrans K, Lwin KT, Min AK, Fowkes FJI
Malar J. 2021 Mar; 20(1):167
- Tuberculosis in migrants to Australia: Outcomes of a national screening program.
Trauer JM, Williams B, Laemmie-Ruff I, Horyniak D, Soares Caplice LV, McBrtde ES, Majumdar SS, Graem SM, Hellard ME
Lancet Reg Health - West Pac. 2021 Mar; 10:100135
- Low incidence of hepatitis C among a cohort of HIV-negative gay and bisexual men using HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in Melbourne, Australia, and the contribution of sexual transmission.
Cornelisse VJ, Traeger MW, Wright EJ, Murphy D, Stoove M, Hellard M, Sacks-Davis R, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Doyle J, Sasawdeusz J
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- A costing analysis of a state-wide, nurse-led hepatitis C treatment model in prison.
Palmer A, Papaluca T, Stoové M, Winter R, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Wilson D, Thompson A, Scott N; EC Victoria Partnership.
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Mar; 94:103203
- Individual efficacy and community impact of ivermectin, diethylcarbamazine and albendazole mass drug administration for lymphatic filariasis control in Fiji: a cluster randomised trial.
Hardy M, Samuela J, Kama M, Tuicakau M, Romani L, Whitfeld MJ, King CL, Weil GJ, Grobler AC, Robinson LJ, Kaldor JM, Steer AC
Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Estimating the number of new hepatitis C infections in Australia in 2015, prior to the scale-up of direct-acting antiviral treatment.
Palmer AY, Wilkinson A, Aitken C, Dietze P, Dore GJ, Maher L, Sacks-Davis R, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard M, Scott N
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- HERV-K Gag RNA and Protein Levels Are Elevated in Malignant Regions of the Prostate in Males with Prostate Cancer.
Rezaei SD, Hayward JA, Norden S, Pedersen J, Mills J, Hearps AC, Tachedjian G
Viruses. 2021 Mar; 13(3):449
- A qualitative exploration of enablers for hepatitis B clinical management among ethnic Chinese in Australia.
Xiao Y, Wallace J, Thompson A, Hellard M, van Gemert C, Holmes JA, Croagh C, Richmond J, Papaluca T, Hall S, Hong T, Demediuk B, Iser D, Ryan M, Desmond P, Visvanathan K, Howell J
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- A global investment framework for the elimination of hepatitis B.
Howell J, Pedrana A, Schroeder SE, Scott N, Aufegger L, Atun R, Baptista-Leite R, Hirnschal G, Hoen E', Hutchinson SJ, Lazarus JV, Olufunmilayo L, Peck R, Sharma M, Sohn AH, Thompson A, Thursz M, Wilson D, Hellard M
J Hepatol. 2021 Mar; 74(3):535-549
- Sex is associated with the persistence of non‐optimal vaginal microbiota following treatment for bacterial vaginosis: a prospective cohort study.
Ratten LK, Plummer EL, Murray GL, Danielewski J, Fairley CK, Garland SM, Hocking JS, Tachedjian G, Chow EPF, Bradshaw CS, Vodstrcil LA
BJOG. 2021 Mar; 128(4):757-67
- A multicenter, community-based, mixed methods assessment of the acceptability of a triple drug regimen for elimination of lymphatic filariasis.
Krentel A, Basker N, Beau de Rochars M, Bogus J, Dilliott D, Direny AN, Dubray C, Fischer PU, Ga AL, Goss CW, Hardy M, Howard C, Jambulingam P, King CL, Laman M, Lemoine JF, Mallya S, Robinson LJ, Samuela J, Schechtman KB, Steer AC, Supali T, Tavul L, Weil GJ
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2021 Mar; 15(3):e0009002
- A Systematic Review of Interventions Used to Increase Blood Donor Compliance with Deferral Criteria.
Cutts JC, Quinn B, Seed CR, Kotsiou G, Pearson R, Scott N, Wilson DP, Harrod ME, Maher L, Caris S, Thompson AJ, Farrell M, Pink J, Hellard ME
Transfus Med Hemother. 2021 Mar; 48(2):118-129
February, 2021 (7)
- The cost-effectiveness of tranexamic acid for treatment of postpartum hemorrhage: A systematic review.
Aziz S, Rossiter S, Homer CSE, Wilson AN, Comrie-Thomson L, Scott N, Vogel JP
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2021 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Hepatitis C treatment in a co-located mental health and alcohol and drug service using a nurse-led model of care.
Harney BL, Brereton R, Whitton B, Pietrzak D, Paige E, Roberts SK, Birks S, Saraf S, Hellard ME, Doyle JS
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Feb; 28(5):771-778
- Magneto-optical diagnosis of symptomatic malaria in Papua New Guinea.
Arndt L, Koleala T, Orbán Á, Ibam C, Lufele E, Timinao L, Lorry L, Butykai Á, Kaman P, Molnár AP, Krohns S, Nate E, Kucsera I, Orosz E, Moore B, Robinson LJ, Laman M, Kézsmárki I, Karl S
Nat Commun. 2021 Feb; 12(1):969
- Lactic acid-containing products for bacterial vaginosis and their impact on the vaginal microbiota: A systematic review.
Plummer EL, Bradshaw CS, Doyle M, Fairley CK, Murray GL, Bateson D, Masson L, Slifirski J, Tachedjian G, Vodstrcil LA
PLoS One. 2021 Feb; 16(2):e0246953
- Optimizing Myanmar's community-delivered malaria volunteer model: a qualitative study of stakeholders' perspectives.
Oo WH , Hoban E, Gold L, Than KK, La T, Thi A, Fowkes FJI
Malar J. 2021 Feb; 20(1):79
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2021 Feb; 214(2):79-83
- Active case‐finding in contacts of people with TB.
Fox GJ, Johnston JC, Nguyen TA, Majumdar SS. Denholm JT, Asldurf H, Nguyen CB, Marks GB, Velen K
Int J Tubercul Lung Dis. 2021 Feb; 25(2):95-101
January, 2021 (19)
- Initial Experience with the NAVIO Robotic-Assisted Total Knee Replacement-Coronal Alignment Accuracy and the Learning Curve.
Collins K, Agius PA, Fraval A, Petterwood J
J Knee Surg. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Risk factors and knowledge associated with high unintended pregnancy rates and low family planning use among pregnant women in Papua New Guinea.
Peach E, Morgan C, Scoullar MJL, Fowkes FJI, Kennedy E, Melepia P, Homiehombo P, Au L, Luchters S, Umbers AJ, Vallely A, Vallely LM, Kelly-Hanku A, Robinson LJ, Crabb BS, Elijah A, Siba PM, Pomat W, Beeson JG
Sci Rep. 2021 Jan; 11(1):1222
- Community demand for comprehensive primary health care from malaria volunteers in South-East Myanmar: a qualitative study.
Oo WH , Hoban E, Gold L, Than KK, La T, Thi A, Fowkes FJI
Malar J. 2021 Jan; 20(1):19
- Microbiology of secondary infections in Buruli ulcer lesions; implications for therapeutic interventions.
Gyamfi E, Narh CA, Quaye C, Abbass A, Dzudzor B, Mosi L
BMC Microbiol. 2021 Jan; 21(1):4
- ‘Not my child’: parenting, pornography, and views on education.
Davis AC, Wright C, Curtis M, Hellard ME, Lim MSC, Temple-Smith MJ
J Fam Studies. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Upscaling prevention, testing and treatment to control hepatitis C as a public health threat in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: A cost-effectiveness model.
Scott N, Mohamed Z, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Lemoine M, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print:102634
- A strategic framework to ease community-wide Covid-19 suppression measures.
Coghlan B, Majumdar SS, Pedrana A, Hellard ME, Crabb BS
MJA. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- In support of community-based hepatitis C treatment with triage of people at risk of cirrhosis to specialist care.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Draper B, Howell J, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(1):217-218
- Parent and child co-resident status among an Australian community-based sample of methamphetamine smokers.
Ward B, Kippen R, Reupert A, Maybery D, Agius PA, Quinn B, Jenkinson R, Hickman M, Sutton K, Goldsmith R, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Micro-elimination of hepatitis C among people with HIV coinfection: declining incidence and prevalence accompanying a multi-center treatment scale-up trial.
Doyle JS, van Santen DK, Iser D, Sasadeusz J, O'Reilly M, Harney B, Traeger MW, Roney J, Cutts JC, Bowring AL, Winter R, Medland N, Fairley CK, Moore R, Tee B, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Hoy JF, Matthews GV, Prins M, Stoové MA, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Implications of HIV self-testing for other sexually transmissible infection testing and broader sexual health needs: a mixed methods study of gay and bisexual men in Australia.
Leitinger D, Ryan K, Wilkinson AL, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Stoové M
Sex Transm Dis. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- A prospective cohort of people who use methamphetamine in Melbourne and non-metropolitan Victoria, Australia: Baseline characteristics and correlates of methamphetamine dependence.
Quinn B, Ward B, Agius PA, Jenkinson R, Hickman M, Sutton K, Hall C, McKetin R, Farrell M, Cossar R, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Increasing hepatitis C testing and linkage to care: Results of a testing campaign with incentives at primary care clinics in Melbourne, Australia.
Chan K, Elsum I, Gold J, Layton C, Accadia L, Bryant M, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Purcell I, Dicka J, Forrest M, Crawford S, Hellard M, Pedrana A; Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(3):569-572
- Changes in HIV preexposure prophylaxis prescribing in Australian clinical services following COVID-19 restrictions.
Traeger MW, Patel P, Guy R, Hellard ME, Stoové MA for the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS)
AIDS. 2021 Jan; 35(1):155-157
- Letter to the Editor: Recommendations for implementing hepatitis C virus care in homeless shelters: The stakeholder perspective.
Harney B, McColl R, Pedrana A, Morrison E, Doyle J, Hellard M, Higgs P
Hepatol Commun. 2021 Jan; 5(1):146-147
- The phases of hepatitis C elimination: achieving WHO elimination targets.
Pedrana A, Munari S, Stoové M, Doyle J, Hellard M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Jan; 6(1):6-8
- Matching action to need: an analysis of Global Burden of Disease 2017 and population health data to focus adolescent health policy and actions in Myanmar.
Cini KI, Win PM, Swe ZY, Than KK, Win TM, Aung YW, Myint AA, Wulan NR, Burns LJ, Kennedy EC, Francis KL, Sanda, Myat SM, Swe S, Ko AK, Yadanar, Hellard M, Hughes CL, Patton GC, Mokdad AH, Azzopardi PS
Glob Health Action. 2021 Jan; 14(1):1844976
- Outcomes with a shorter multidrug-resistant tuberculosis regimen from Karakalpakstan, Uzbekistan.
du Cros P, Khamraev A, Tigay Z, Abdrasuliev T, Greig J, Cooke G, Herboczek K, Pylypenko T, Berry C, Ronnachit A, Lister D, Dietrich S, Ariti C, Safaev K, Nyang'wa BT, Parpieva N, Tillashaikhov M, Achar J
ERJ Open Res. 2021 Jan; 7(1):00537-2020
- Guidelines for the use and interpretation of assays for monitoring autophagy (4th edition)(1).
Klionsky DJ et al (including Philippe Boeuf)
Autophagy. 2021 Jan; 17(1):1-382
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (14)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (133)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (102)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (14)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (74)
- Eliminate Malaria (14)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (47)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- HIV and AIDS (25)
- Maternal and Child Health (37)
- Malaria (23)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (4)
- Hepatitis B (8)
- Hepatitis C (22)
- Global infectious disease threats (4)
- Injecting Drug Use (15)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (17)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (4)
- Young People's Health (10)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (5)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (3)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (5)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (30)