Donate today to help provide Burnet’s labs with critical equipment.
October, 2021 (5)
- Modeling the epidemiological impact of the UNAIDS 2025 targets to end AIDS as a public health threat by 2030.
Stover J, Glaubius R, Teng Y, Kelly S, Brown T, Hallett TB, Revill P, Bärnighausen T, Phillips AN, Fontaine C, Frescura L, Izazola-Licea JA, Semini I, Godfrey-Faussett P, De Lay PR, Benzaken AS, Ghys PD
PLoS Med. 2021 Oct; 18(10):e1003831
- Assessing the feasibility, acceptability and impacts of an education program on hepatitis B testing uptake among ethnic Chinese in Australia: results of a randomised controlled pilot study.
Xiao Y, Wallace J, Ahad M, van Gemert C, Thompson AJ, Doyle J, Lam HY, Chan K, Bennett G, Adamson E, Yussf N, Tang A, Pedrana A, Stoove M, Hellard M, Howell J
BMC Public Health. 2021 Oct; 21(1):1861
- Predictors of length of treatment, discharge reason, and re-admission to Aboriginal alcohol and other drug residential rehabilitation services in New South Wales, Australia.
James DB, Lee KSK, Dronavalli M, Courtney RJ, Conigrave KM, Conigrave JH, Shakeshaft A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Oct; Epub ahead of print
- Cost effectiveness of simplified HCV screening-and-treatment interventions for people who inject drugs in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
Mohamed Z, Scott N, Nayagam S, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Thursz MR, Brown AS, Hellard M, Lemoine M
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Oct; 99:103458
- Key recommendations to strengthen public-private partnership for adolescent health in resource constrained settings: Formative qualitative inquiry in Mongolia, Myanmar and the Philippines.
Azzopardi PS, Hennegan J, Prabhu SM, Dagva B, Balibago MM, Htin PPW, Swe ZY, Kennedy EC
Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2021 Oct; 15:100242
September, 2021 (9)
- Letter in response: Psychiatrists can treat hepatitis C.
Harney BL, Brereton R, Whitton B, Pietrzak D, Paige E, Roberts SK, Birks S, Saraf S, Hellard ME, Doyle JS
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Optima TB: A tool to help optimally allocate tuberculosis spending.
Goscé L, Abou Jaoude GJ, Kedziora DJ, Benedikt C, Hussain A, Jarvis S, Skrahina A, Klimuk D, Hurevich H, Zhao F, Fraser-Hurt N, Cheikh N, Gorgens M, Wilson DJ, Abeysuriya R, Martin-Hughes R, Kelly SL, Roberts A, Stuart RM, Palmer T, Panovska-Griffiths J, Kerr CC, Wilson DP, Haghparast-Bidgoli H, Skordis J, Abubakar I.
PLoS Comput Biol. 2021 Sep; 17(9):e1009255
- Correlates of anxiety and depression in a community cohort of people who smoke methamphetamine.
Duncan Z, Kippen R, Sutton K, Ward B, Agius PA, Quinn B, Dietze P
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2021 Sep; Epub ahead of print:48674211048152
- Psychiatric well-being among men leaving prison reporting a history of injecting drug use: A longitudinal analysis.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Wilkinson AL, Scott N, Dietze P, Quinn B, Kinner SA, Aitken C, Walker S, Curtis M, Butler T, Ogloff JRP, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2021 Sep; Epub ahead of print:48674211048143
- Examining trends in the representation of young people and alcohol in Australian newspapers over twenty years (2000-2019).
Pennay A, Cook M, MacLean S, Lubman DI, Dietze P, Herring R, Caluzzi G, Vashishtha R, Livingston M
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Sep; 99:103461
- Strategies to maximise study retention and limit attrition bias in a prospective cohort study of men reporting a history of injecting drug use released from prison: the prison and transition health study.
Stewart AC, Cossar R, Walker S, Wilkinson AL, Quinn B, Dietze P, Winter R, Kirwan A, Curtis M, Ogloff JRP, Kinner S, Aitken C, Butler T, Woods E, Stoové M
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2021 Sep; 21(1):185
- Health service utilisation and experiences of stigma among people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Djordjevic F, Ryan K, Gunn J, Brener L, O'Keefe D, Draper B, Schroeder S, Gold J, Treloar C, Broady T, Dietze P, Hellard M, Pedrana A
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Sep; Epub ahead of print
- Improvements in transition times through the HIV cascade of care among gay and bisexual men with a new HIV diagnosis in New South Wales and Victoria, Australia (2012-19): a longitudinal cohort study.
van Santen DK, Asselin J, Haber NA, Traeger MW, Callander D, Donovan B, El-Hayek C, McMahon JH, Petoumenos K, McManus H, Hoy JF, Hellard M, Guy R, Stoové M; TAIPAN investigators.
Lancet HIV. 2021 Sep; 8(10):e623-e632
- Comparison of routine blood alcohol tests and ICD-10-AM coding of alcohol involvement for major trauma patients.
Lau G, Gabbe BJ, Mitra B, Dietze PM, Braaf S, Beck B
Health Inf Manag. 2021 Sep; Epub ahead of print
August, 2021 (7)
- The Prison and Transition Health (PATH) cohort study: Prevalence of health, social, and crime characteristics after release from prison for men reporting a history of injecting drug use in Victoria, Australia.
Stewart AC, Cossar RD, Wilkinson AL, Quinn B, Dietze P, Walker S, Butler T, Curtis M, Aitken C, Kirwan A, Winter R, Ogloff J, Kinner S, Stoové M
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2021 Aug; 227:108970
- Effectiveness of treatment for hepatitis C virus reinfection following direct acting antiviral therapy in the REACH-C cohort.
Carson JM, Hajarizadeh B, Hanson J, O'Beirne J, Iser D, Read P, Balcomb A, Davies J, Doyle JS, Yee J, Martinello M, Marks P, Dore GJ, Matthews GV; REACH-C Study Group
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Aug; Epub ahead of print:103422
- A modelling analysis of financial incentives for hepatitis C testing and treatment uptake delivered through a community-based testing campaign.
Palmer AY, Chan K, Gold J, Layton C, Elsum I, Hellard M, Stoove M, Doyle JS, Pedrana A, Scott N; EC Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Routine testing for syphilis and other bacterial sexually transmissible infections is required among people in prison.
Harney B, Doyle J, Hellard M, Stoové M, Winter R
Sex Transm Dis. 2021 Aug; 48(10):e153
- Evaluation of the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of a Community-delivered Integrated Malaria Elimination (CIME) model in Myanmar: protocol for an open stepped-wedge cluster-randomised controlled trial.
Oo WH, Thi A, Htike W, Agius PA, Cutts JC, Win KM, Yi Linn NY, Than WP, Hkawng GN, Thu KM, Oo MC, O'Flaherty K, Kearney E, Scott N, Phyu PP, Htet AT, Myint O, Lwin Yee L, Thant ZP, Mon A, Htike S, Hnin TP, Fowkes FJI
BMJ Open. 2021 Aug; 11(8):e050400
- Zero-alcohol beverages: Harm-minimisation tool or gateway drink?
Miller M, Pettigrew S, Wright CJC
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC) for methamphetamine dependence: A randomised controlled trial.
McKetin R, Dean OM, Turner A, Kelly PJ, Quinn B, Lubman DI, Dietze P, Carter G, Higgs P, Sinclair B, Reid D, Baker AL, Manning V, Pas NT, Thomas T, Bathish R, Raftery DK, Wrobel A, Saunders L, Arunogiri S, Cordaro F, Hill H, Hall S, Clare PJ, Mohebbi M, Berk M
EClinicalMedicine. 2021 Aug; 38:101005
July, 2021 (12)
- Barriers to hepatitis C treatment among secondary needle and syringe program clients and opportunities to intervene.
Gunn J, McNally S, Ryan J, Layton C, Bryant M, Walker S, O'Mahony C, Pedrana A.
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jul; Epub ahead of print:103387
- Covasim: An agent-based model of COVID-19 dynamics and interventions.
Kerr CC, Stuart RM, Mistry D, Abeysuriya RG, Rosenfeld K, Hart GR, Núñez RC, Cohen JA, Selvaraj P, Hagedorn B, George L, Jastrzębski M, Izzo AS, Fowler G, Palmer A, Delport D, Scott N, Kelly SL, Bennette CS, Wagner BG, Chang ST, Oron AP, Wenger EA, Panovska-Griffiths J, Famulare M, Klein DJ
PLoS Comput Biol. 2021 Jul; 17(7):e1009149
- The introduction of a mandatory mask policy was associated with significantly reduced COVID-19 cases in a major metropolitan city.
Scott N, Saul A, Spelman T, Stoove M, Pedrana A, Saeri A, Grundy E, Smith L, Toole M, McIntyre CR, Crabb BS, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2021 Jul; 16(7):e0253510
- Association of dietary intake, physical activity, and sedentary behaviours with overweight and obesity among 282,213 adolescents in 89 low and middle income to high-income countries.
Mahumud RA, Sahle BW, Owusu-Addo E, Chen W, Morton RL, Renzaho AMN
Int J Obes (Lond). 2021 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Consensus statement on the role of health systems in advancing the long-term well-being of people living with HIV.
Lazarus JV, Safreed-Harmon K, Kamarulzaman A, Anderson J, Leite RB, Behrens G, Bekker LG, Bhagani S, Brown D, Brown G, Buchbinder S, Caceres C, Cahn PE, Carrieri P, Caswell G, Cooke GS, Monforte AD, Dedes N, Del Amo J, Elliott R, El-Sadr WM, Fuster-Ruiz de Apodaca MJ, Guaraldi G, Hallett T, Harding R, Hellard M, Jaffar S, Kall M, Klein M, Lewin SR, Mayer K, Pérez-Molina JA, Moraa D, Naniche D, Nash D, Noori T, Pozniak A, Rajasuriar R, Reiss P, Rizk N, Rockstroh J, Romero D, Sabin C, Serwadda D, Waters L
Nat Commun. 2021 Jul; 12(1):4450
- The risk and protective factors for suicidal burden among 251 763 school-based adolescents in 77 low- and middle-income to high-income countries: assessing global, regional and national variations.
Mahumud RA, Dawson AJ, Chen W, Biswas T, Keramat SA, Morton RL, Renzaho AMN
Psychol Med. 2021 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Perceived physical health outcomes of direct-acting antiviral treatment for hepatitis C: a qualitative study.
Goutzamanis S, Horyniak D, Doyle JS, Hellard M, Higgs P; Treatment and Prevention Study group
Harm Reduct J. 2021 Jul; 18(1):73
- A scoping review of adolescent health indicators.
Newby H, Marsh AD, Moller AB, Adebayo E, Azzopardi PS, Carvajal L, Fagan L, Friedman HS, Ba MG, Hagell A, Morgan A, Saewyc E, Guthold R
J Adolesc Health. 2021 Jul; 69(3):365-374
- Profile and correlates of colorimetric reagent kit use among people who use ecstasy/MDMA and other illegal stimulants in Australia.
Peacock A, Gibbs D, Price O, Barratt MJ, Ezard N, Sutherland R, Hill PL, Grigg J, Lenton S, Page R, Salom C, Hughes C, Bruno R
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jul; 97:103334
- A parallel test of the SCRAM-CAM transdermal monitors ensuring reliability.
van Egmond K, Wright CJC, Livingston M, Kuntsche E
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Coming of age: 21 years of providing opioid substitution treatment within an Aboriginal community-controlled primary health service.
Freeburn B, Loggins S, Lee KSK, Conigrave KM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- A call for standardised age-disaggregated health data.
Diaz T, Strong KL, Cao B, Guthold R, Moran AC, Moller AB, Requejo J, Sadana R, Thiyagarajan JA, Adebayo E, Akwara E, Amouzou A, Aponte Varon JJ, Azzopardi PS, Boschi-Pinto C, Carvajal L, Chandra-Mouli V, Crofts S, Dastgiri S, Dery JS, Elnakib S, Fagan L, Jane Ferguson B, Fitzner J, Friedman HS, Hagell A, Jongstra E, Kann L, Chatterji S, English M, Glaziou P, Hanson C, Hosseinpoor AR, Marsh A, Morgan AP, Munos MK, Noor A, Pavlin BI, Pereira R, Porth TA, Schellenberg J, Siddique R, You D, Vaz LME, Banerjee A
Lancet Healthy Longev. 2021 Jul; 2(7):e436-e443
June, 2021 (11)
- Screening for risky drinkers among hospitalised inpatients using the AUDIT: A feasibility, point prevalence and data linkage study.
O'Brien H, Di Rico R, Dean E, Smoker G, Lloyd-Jones M, McKechnie M, Dietze PM, Doyle JS
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Uptake, barriers and correlates of influenza vaccination among people who inject drugs in Australia.
Price O, Dietze P, Sullivan SG, Salom C, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2021 Jun; 226:108882
- Changes in illicit drug use and markets with the COVID-19 pandemic and associated restrictions: Findings from the Ecstasy and Related Drugs Reporting System, 2016-2020.
Price O, Man N, Bruno R, Dietze P, Salom C, Lenton S, Grigg J, Gibbs D, Wilson T, Degenhardt L, Chan R, Thomas N, Peacock A
Addiction. 2021 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Declining drinking among adolescents: Are we seeing a denormalisation of drinking and a normalisation of non-drinking?
Caluzzi G, Livingston M, Holmes J, MacLean S, Lubman D, Dietze P, Vashishtha R, Herring R, Pennay A
Addiction. 2021 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Cascade of care during the first 36 months of the treatment as prevention for hepatitis C (TraP HepC) programme in Iceland: a population-based study.
Olafsson S, Fridriksdottir RH, Love TJ, Tyrfingsson T, Runarsdottir V, Hansdottir I, Bergmann OM, Björnsson ES, Johannsson B, Sigurdardottir B, Löve A, Baldvinsdottir GE, Hernandez UB, Gudnason T, Heimisdottir M, Hellard M, Gottfredsson M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Jun; 6(8):628-637
- Patterns of drinking in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as self-reported on the Grog Survey App: A representative urban and remote sample.
Zheng C, Conigrave JH, Conigrave KM, Wilson S, Perry J, Chikritzhs TN, Fitts MS, Lee KSK
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jun
- Outcomes of the CT2 Study: A 'one-stop-shop' for community-based hepatitis C testing and treatment in Yangon, Myanmar.
Draper B, Htay H, Pedrana A, Yee WL, Howell J, Kyi KP, Naing W, Aung KS, Markby J, Easterbrook P, Bowring A, Aung W, Sein YY, Nwe N, Myint KT, Shilton S, Hellard M
Liver Int. 2021 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Medicinal cannabis and driving: the intersection of health and road safety policy.
Perkins D, Brophy H, McGregor IS, O'Brien P, Quilter J, McNamara L, Sarris J, Stevenson M, Gleeson P, Sinclair J, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jun; 97:103307
- Effects of Advertising: A Qualitative Analysis of Young Adults' Engagement with Social Media About Food.
Molenaar A, Saw WY, Brennan L, Reid M, Lim MSC, McCaffrey TA
Nutrients. 2021 Jun; 13(6)
- Implications of HIV self-testing for other sexually transmissible infection testing and broader sexual health needs: a mixed methods study of gay and bisexual men in Australia.
Leitinger D, Ryan K, Wilkinson AL, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Stoové M
Sex Transm Dis. 2021 Jun; 48(6):417-423
- The Presence or Absence of Symptoms Among Cases of Urethral Gonorrhoea Occurring in a Cohort of Men Taking Human Immunodeficiency Virus Pre-exposure Prophylaxis in the PrEPX Study.
Donovan LC, Fairley CK, Aung ET, Traeger MW, Wright EJ, Stoové MA, Chow EPF
Open Forum Infect Dis. 2021 Jun; 8(6):ofab263
May, 2021 (10)
- Community-based molecular and serological surveillance of subclinical malaria in Myanmar.
O'Flaherty K, Oo WH, Zaloumis SG, Cutts JC, Aung KZ, Thein MM, Drew DR, Razook Z, Barry AE, Parischa N, Zaw NN, Thu HK, Thi A, Htay WYM, Soe AP, Simpson JA, Beeson JG, Agius PA, Fowkes FJI
BMC Med. 2021 May; 19(1):121
- Injecting network structure determines the most efficient strategy to achieve Hepatitis C elimination in people who inject drugs.
Brown C, Siegele M, Wright M, Cook C, Parkes J, Khakoo SI, Sacks-Davis R, Buchanan RM
J Viral Hepat. 2021 May; 28(9):1274-1283
- "It's time!": A qualitative exploration of the acceptability of hepatitis C notification systems to help eliminate hepatitis C.
Walker S, Wallace J, Latham N, Saich F, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Treloar C, Marukutira T, Higgs P, Doyle J, Stoové M
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 May; 97:103280
- Sofosbuvir/velpatasvir for 12 vs. 6 weeks for the treatment of recently acquired hepatitis C infection.
Matthews GV, Bhagani S, Van der Valk M, Rockstroh J, Feld JJ, Rauch A, Thurnheer C, Bruneau J, Kim A, Hellard M, Shaw D, Gane E, Nelson M, Ingiliz P, Applegate TL, Grebely J, Marks P, Martinello M, Petoumenos K, Dore GJ; REACT study group; Protocol Steering Committee, van der Valk M, Hellard M, Gane E, Rauch A, Bruneau J, Kim A, Bhagani S, Dore G, Marks P, Matthews G, Grebely J, Petoumenos K, Martinello M, Applegate T, Feld J, Rockstroh J; Coordinating Centre; Site Principal Investigators.
J Hepatol. 2021 May; 75(4):829-839
- The Melbourne safe injecting room attracted people most in need of its service.
Van Den Boom W, Del Mar Quiroga M, Fetene DM, Agius PA, Higgs PG, Maher L, Hickman M, Stoové MA, Dietze PM
Am J Prev Me. 2021 May; 61(2):217-224
- Structural competency in the post-prison period for people who inject drugs: A qualitative case study.
Treloar C, Schroeder S, Lafferty L, Marshall A, Drysdale K, Higgs P, Baldry E, Stoove M, Dietze P
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 May; 95:103261
- COVID-19 vaccination among people who inject drugs: Leaving no one behind.
Iversen J, Peacock A, Price O, Byrne J, Dunlop A, Maher L
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 May; 40(4):517-520
- Priority Areas for Adolescent Health Measurement.
Guthold R, Moller AB, Adebayo E, Carvajal L, Ekman C, Fagan L, Ferguson J, Friedman HS, Ba MG, Hagell A, Kohl K, Azzopardi PS
J Adolesc Health. 2021 May; 68(5):888-898
- Barriers and facilitators to pre-exposure prophylaxis among African migrants in high income countries: a systematic review.
Mwaturura C, Traeger M, Lemoh C, Stoové M, Price B, Coelho A, Mikola M, Ryan KE, Wright E
Sex Health. 2021 May; 18(2):130-139
- Hepatitis C elimination in Myanmar: Modelling the impact, cost, cost-effectiveness and economic benefits.
Scott N, Win TM, Tidhar T, Htay H, Draper B, Aung PTZ, Xiao Y, Bowring A, Kuschel C, Shilton S, Kyi KP, Naing W, Aung KS, Hellard M
Lancet Reg Health West Pac. 2021 May; 10:100129
April, 2021 (15)
- Enablers and barriers to primary healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adolescents: study protocol for participatory mixed-methods research that builds on WHO global standards.
Ritchie T, Purcell T, Westhead S, Wenitong M, Cadet-James Y, Brown A, Kirkham R, Neville J, Saleh C, Brown N, Kennedy EC, Hennegan J, Pearson O, Azzopardi PS
BMJ Open. 2021 Apr; 11(4):e046459
- Role of masks, testing and contact tracing in preventing COVID-19 resurgences: a case study from New South Wales, Australia
Stuart RM, Abeysuriya RG, Kerr CC, Mistry D, Klein DJ, Gray RT, Hellard M, Scott N
BMJ Open. 2021 Apr; 11(4):e045941
- A new method for estimating the incidence of infectious diseases: Response to De Monte and Hudgens.
McManus H, Guy RJ, Stoové MA
Am J Epidemiol. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Patient-reported outcomes of the Treatment and Prevention Study: A real-world community-based trial of direct-acting antivirals for hepatitis C among people who inject drugs.
Goutzamanis S, Spelman T, Harney B, Dietze P, Stoové M, Higgs P, Thompson A, Doyle JS, Hellard M; Treatment, Prevention Study group.
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Apr; 28(7):1068-1077
- Increased targeted HIV testing and reduced undiagnosed HIV infections among gay and bisexual men.
Patel PG, Keen P, McManus H, Duck T, Callander D, Selvey C, Power C, Gray RT, Knight V, Asselin J, Read P, Johnson K, Bavinton BR, Bowden VJ, Grulich AE, Guy R; NSW HIV Prevention Partnership Project
HIV Med. 2021 Apr; 22(78):605-616
- Reinfection following successful direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C infection among people who inject drugs.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Hellard M, Bruneau J, Feld JJ, Cooper C, Powis J, Litwin AH, Marks P, Dalgard O, Conway B, Moriggia A, Stedman C, Read P, Bruggmann P, Lacombe K, Dunlop A, Applegate TL, Matthews GV, Fraser C, Dore GJ, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Apr; 72(8):1392-1400
- Diet quality trajectories and cardiovascular phenotypes/metabolic syndrome risk by 11-12 years.
Kerr JA, Liu RS, Gasser CE, Mensah FK, Burgner D, Lycett K, Gillespie AN, Juonala M, Clifford SA, Olds T, Saffery R, Gold L, Liu M, Azzopardi P, Edwards B, Dwyer T, Wake M
Int J Obes (Lond). 2021 Apr; 45:1392–1403
- Addressing alcohol and other drug use among young people from migrant and ethnic minority backgrounds: Perspectives of service providers in Melbourne, Australia.
Douglass CH, Block K, Horyniak D, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Health Soc Care Community. 2021 Apr; 29(6):e308-e317
- Mental health of adolescents in Myanmar: A systematic review of prevalence, determinants and interventions.
Carroll D, Wulan N, Swe ZY, Myint AA, Sanda S, Lwin AM, Oo T, Khaing LL, San CC, Tun WPP, Cini K, Win PM, Azzopardi P
Asian J Psychiatr. 2021 Apr; 61:102650
- Rethinking the use of 'vulnerable'.
Munari SC, Wilson AN, Blow NJ, Homer CSE, Ward JE
Aust N Z J Public Health. 2021 Apr; 45(3):197-199
- Prevalence and correlates of simultaneous, multiple substance injection (co-injection) amongst people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Palmer A, Higgs P, Scott N, Agius P, Maher L, Dietze P
Addiction. 2021 Apr; 116(4):876-888
- Trends in adolescent drinking across 39 high-income countries: exploring the timing and magnitude of decline.
Vashishtha R, Pennay A, Dietze P, Marzan MB, Room R, Livingston M
Eur J Public Health. 2021 Apr; 31(2):424-431
- Quantifying the evolving contribution of HIV interventions and key populations to the HIV epidemic in Yaounde, Cameroon.
Silhol R, Baral S, Bowring AL, Mukandavire C, Njindam IM, Rao A, Schwartz S, Tamoufe U, Billong SC, Njoya O, Zoung-Kanyi Bissek AC, Garcia Calleja JM, Vickerman P, Mishra S, Boily MC
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2021 Apr; 86(4):396-405
- Gender norms and the wellbeing of girls and boys - Author's reply.
Azzopardi PS, Vaughan C, Patton GC, Humphries-Waa K, Binder G, Comrie-Thomson L, Kennedy E
Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Apr; 9(4):e399
- Prevalence and correlates of multiple non-fatal opioid overdoses among people who inject drugs who utilise needle syringe programs in Australia.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Darke S, Dietze P, Maher L
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Apr; Epub ahead of print
March, 2021 (18)
- The effect of needle and syringe program and opioid agonist therapy on the risk of HIV, hepatitis B and C virus infection for people who inject drugs in Amsterdam, the Netherlands: findings from an emulated target trial.
van Santen DK, Anders B, Matser A, Maher L, Hickman M, Lodi S, Prins M
Addiction. 2021 Mar; 116(11):3115-3126
- A mobile phone application for malaria case-based reporting to advance malaria surveillance in Myanmar: a mixed methods evaluation.
Oo WH, Htike W, Cutts JC, Win KM, Thu KM, Oo MC, Hkawng GN, Agius PA, Htoon PP, Scott N, Kearney E, Moreira C, Pedrana A, Stoove M, Thi A, Aung YW, Thein MM, Rosecrans K, Lwin KT, Min AK, Fowkes FJI
Malar J. 2021 Mar; 20(1):167
- Tuberculosis in migrants to Australia: Outcomes of a national screening program.
Trauer JM, Williams B, Laemmie-Ruff I, Horyniak D, Soares Caplice LV, McBrtde ES, Majumdar SS, Graem SM, Hellard ME
Lancet Reg Health - West Pac. 2021 Mar; 10:100135
- Concordance between self-reported and current hepatitis C virus infection status in a sample of people who inject drugs in Sydney and Canberra, Australia.
Gibbs D, Grebely J, Sutherland R, Larney S, Butler K, Dietze PM, Starr M, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Low incidence of hepatitis C among a cohort of HIV-negative gay and bisexual men using HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in Melbourne, Australia, and the contribution of sexual transmission.
Cornelisse VJ, Traeger MW, Wright EJ, Murphy D, Stoove M, Hellard M, Sacks-Davis R, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Doyle J, Sasawdeusz J
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2021 Mar; 87(4):1011-1015
- Trends in MDMA-related mortality across four countries.
Roxburgh A, Sam B, Kriikku P, Mounteney J, Castanera A, Dias M, Giraudon I
Addiction. 2021 Mar; 116(11):3094-3103
- A costing analysis of a state-wide, nurse-led hepatitis C treatment model in prison.
Palmer A, Papaluca T, Stoové M, Winter R, Pedrana A, Hellard M, Wilson D, Thompson A, Scott N; EC Victoria Partnership.
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Mar; 94:103203
- Trends in adolescent alcohol and other risky health- and school-related behaviours and outcomes in Australia.
Vashishtha R, Pennay A, Dietze PM, Livingston M
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Mar; 40(6):1071-1082
- Estimating the number of new hepatitis C infections in Australia in 2015, prior to the scale-up of direct-acting antiviral treatment.
Palmer AY, Wilkinson A, Aitken C, Dietze P, Dore GJ, Maher L, Sacks-Davis R, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard M, Scott N
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Mar; 36(8):2270-2274
- Young people's needs and preferences for health resources focused on pornography and sharing of sexually explicit imagery.
Wright CJ, Davis A, Vella AM, McGrath-Lester R, Lim MS
Public Health Res Pract. 2021 Mar; 31(1)
- A qualitative exploration of enablers for hepatitis B clinical management among ethnic Chinese in Australia.
Xiao Y, Wallace J, Thompson A, Hellard M, van Gemert C, Holmes JA, Croagh C, Richmond J, Papaluca T, Hall S, Hong T, Demediuk B, Iser D, Ryan M, Desmond P, Visvanathan K, Howell J
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- A global investment framework for the elimination of hepatitis B.
Howell J, Pedrana A, Schroeder SE, Scott N, Aufegger L, Atun R, Baptista-Leite R, Hirnschal G, Hoen E', Hutchinson SJ, Lazarus JV, Olufunmilayo L, Peck R, Sharma M, Sohn AH, Thompson A, Thursz M, Wilson D, Hellard M
J Hepatol. 2021 Mar; 74(3):535-549
- Workplace intervention programmes for decreasing alcohol use in military personnel: a systematic review.
Watterson JR, Gabbe B, Rosenfeld JV, Ball H, Romero L, Dietze P
BMJ Mil Health. 2021 Mar; 167(3):192-200
- The continuing HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men and transgender women in the ASEAN region: implications for HIV policy and service programming.
van Griensven F, de Lind van Wijngaarden JW, Eustaquio PC, Wignall S, Azwa I, Veronese V, Ferradini L, Phanuphak N, Mills S
Sex Health. 2021 Mar; 18(1):21-30
- Ketamine Use Among People Who Regularly Use Ecstasy and Other Illicit Stimulants in Australia: Trends and Characteristics of Use, 2009-2019.
Stewart AC, Peacock A, Djordjevic F, Cossar R, Salom C, Lenton S, Dietze P
J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2021 Mar; 82(2):188-196
- A Systematic Review of Interventions Used to Increase Blood Donor Compliance with Deferral Criteria.
Cutts JC, Quinn B, Seed CR, Kotsiou G, Pearson R, Scott N, Wilson DP, Harrod ME, Maher L, Caris S, Thompson AJ, Farrell M, Pink J, Hellard ME
Transfus Med Hemother. 2021 Mar; 48(2):118-129
- Mycoplasma genitalium and Other Reproductive Tract Infections in Pregnant Women, Papua New Guinea, 2015-2017.
Scoullar MJL, Boeuf P, Peach E, Fidelis R, Tokmun K, Melepia P, Elijah A, Bradshaw CS, Fehler G, Siba PM, Erskine S, Mokany E, Kennedy E, Umbers AJ, Luchters S, Robinson LJ, Wong NC, Vallely AJ, Badman SG, Vallely LM, Fowkes FJI, Morgan C, Pomat W, Crabb BS, Beeson JG
Emerg Infect Dis. 2021 Mar; 27(3):894-904
- The impact of Victoria's real time prescription monitoring system (SafeScript) in a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Fetene DM, Higgs P, Nielsen S, Djordjevic F, Dietze P
Med J Aust. 2021 Mar; 214(5):234-234.e1
February, 2021 (15)
- Trends in cocaine use, markets and harms in Australia, 2003-2019.
Man N, Chrzanowska A, Price O, Bruno R, Dietze PM, Sisson SA, Degenhardt L, Salom C, Morris L, Farrell M, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Feb; 40(6):946-956
- The cost-effectiveness of tranexamic acid for treatment of postpartum hemorrhage: A systematic review.
Aziz S, Rossiter S, Homer CSE, Wilson AN, Comrie-Thomson L, Scott N, Vogel JP
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2021 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- The prevalence of alcohol and other drugs in fatal road crashes in Victoria, Australia.
Schumann J, Perkins M, Dietze P, Nambiar D, Mitra B, Gerostamoulos D, Drummer OH, Cameron P, Smith K, Beck B
Accid Anal Prev. 2021 Feb; 153:105905
- Understanding preferences for type of take-home naloxone device: international qualitative analysis of the views of people who use opioids.
Neale J, Farrugia A, Campbell AN, Dietze P, Dwyer R, Fomiatti R, Jones JD, Comer SD, Fraser S, Strang J
Drugs: Education, Prevention and Policy. 2021 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- COVID-19 in Ethiopia: a geospatial analysis of vulnerability to infection, case severity and death.
Alene KA, Gelaw YA, Fetene DM, Koye DN, Melaku YA, Gesesew H, Birhanu MM, Adane AA, Muluneh MD, Dachew BA, Abrha S, Aregay A, Ayele AA, Bezabhe WM, Gebremariam KT, Gebremedhin T, Gebremedhin AT, Gebremichael L, Geleto AB, Kassahun HT, Kibret GD, Leshargie CT, Mekonnen A, Mirkuzie AH, Mohammed H, Tegegn HG, Tesema AG, Tesfay FH, Wubishet BL, Kinfu Y
BMJ Open. 2021 Feb; 11(2):e044606
- Risk factors for COVID-19 infection, disease severity and related deaths in Africa: a systematic review.
Gesesew HA, Koye DN, Fetene DM, Woldegiorgis M, Kinfu Y, Geleto AB, Melaku YA, Mohammed H, Alene KA, Awoke MA, Birhanu MM, Gebremedhin AT, Gelaw YA, Shifti DM, Muluneh MD, Tegegne TK, Abrha S, Aregay AF, Ayalew MB, Gebre AK, Gebremariam KT, Gebremedhin T, Gebremichael L, Leshargie CT, Kibret GD, Meazaw MW, Mekonnen AB, Tekle DY, Tesema AG, Tesfay FH, Tesfaye W, Wubishet BL, Dachew BA, Adane AA.
BMJ Open. 2021 Feb; 11(2):e044618
- Adapting harm reduction services during COVID-19: lessons from the supervised injecting facilities in Australia.
Roxburgh A, Jauncey M, Day C, Bartlett M, Cogger S, Dietze P, Nielsen S, Latimer J, Clark N
Harm Reduct J. 2021 Feb; 18(1):20
- Hepatitis C treatment in a co-located mental health and alcohol and drug service using a nurse-led model of care.
Harney BL, Brereton R, Whitton B, Pietrzak D, Paige E, Roberts SK, Birks S, Saraf S, Hellard ME, Doyle JS
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Feb; 28(5):771-778
- Trends and characteristics of extra-medical use of quetiapine among people who regularly inject drugs in Australia, 2011-2018.
Sutherland R, Jayathilake R, Peacock A, Dietze P, Bruno R, Reddel S, Gisev N
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2021 Feb; 221:108636
- Alcohol consumption and illicit drug use among young music festival attendees in Australia
Douglass CH, Raggatt, M, Wright CJC, Reddan H, O'Connell H, Lim MSC, Dietze PM
Drugs - Educt Prevent Pol. 2021 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- A New Method for Estimating the Incidence of Infectious Diseases.
McManus H, Callander D, Asselin J, McMahon J, Hoy JF, Templeton DJ, Fairley CK, Donovan B, Pedrana AE, Keen P, Wilson DP, Elliott J, Kaldor J, Liaw ST, Petoumenos K, Holt M, Hellard ME, Grulich AE, Carr A, Stoové MA, Guy RJ
Am J Epidemiol. 2021 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Sharing the costs of structural interventions: What can models tell us?
Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Feb; 88:102702
- Integrating episodes of imprisonment and the cascade of care for opioid use disorder.
Cossar R, Stewart A, Winter R, Curtis M, Dietze P, Ogloff JRP, Stoové M
Addiction. 2021 Feb; 116(2):427-428
- Modelling the impact of reducing control measures on the COVID-19 pandemic in a low transmission setting.
Scott N, Palmer A, Delport D, Abeysuriya R, Stuart R, Kerr CC, Ministry D, Klein D, Sacks-Davis R, Heath K, Hainsworth S, Pedrana A, Stoové M, Wilson D, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2021 Feb; 214(2):79-83
- Coding and classification of heroin overdose calls by MPDS dispatch software: Implications for bystander response with naloxone.
Dietze P, Crossin R, Scott D, Smith K, Wilson J, Burgess S, Lubman DI, Cantwell K
Resuscitation. 2021 Feb; 159:13-18
January, 2021 (28)
- Initial Experience with the NAVIO Robotic-Assisted Total Knee Replacement-Coronal Alignment Accuracy and the Learning Curve.
Collins K, Agius PA, Fraval A, Petterwood J
J Knee Surg. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Incidence of HIV and HCV in people who inject drugs: a systematic and meta-analysis review protocol.
Sharhani A, Jorjoran Shushtari Z, Rahmani A, Armoon B, Noroozi M, Ahounbar E, Karimi SE, Higgs P
BMJ Open. 2021 Jan; 11(1):e041482
- Risk factors and knowledge associated with high unintended pregnancy rates and low family planning use among pregnant women in Papua New Guinea.
Peach E, Morgan C, Scoullar MJL, Fowkes FJI, Kennedy E, Melepia P, Homiehombo P, Au L, Luchters S, Umbers AJ, Vallely A, Vallely LM, Kelly-Hanku A, Robinson LJ, Crabb BS, Elijah A, Siba PM, Pomat W, Beeson JG
Sci Rep. 2021 Jan; 11(1):1222
- Prevalence of HIV, viral hepatitis B/C and tuberculosis and treatment outcomes among people who use drugs: Results from the implementation of the first drop-in-center in Mozambique.
Semá Baltazar C, Kellogg TA, Boothe M, Loarec A, de Abreu E, Condula M, Fazito E, Raymond HF, Temmerman M, Luchters S
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jan; 90:103095
- Lessons learned from the Amsterdam Cohort Studies among people who use drugs: a historical perspective.
van Santen DK, Coutinho RA, van den Hoek A, van Brussel G, Buster M, Prins
Harm Reduct J. 2021 Jan; 18(1):2
- ‘Censorship is cancer’. Young people’s support for pornography-related initiatives.
Lim MSC, Roode K, Davis AC, Wright CJC
Sex Educat. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- ‘Not my child’: parenting, pornography, and views on education.
Davis AC, Wright C, Curtis M, Hellard ME, Lim MSC, Temple-Smith MJ
J Fam Studies. 2021 Jan; 27(4):573-588
- Upscaling prevention, testing and treatment to control hepatitis C as a public health threat in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: A cost-effectiveness model.
Scott N, Mohamed Z, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Lemoine M, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print:102634
- Inter-relationships among key reproductive health indicators in sub-Saharan Africa focusing on the central role of maternal literacy.
Woldegiorgis MA, Meyer D, Hiller JE, Mekonnen W, Bhowmik J
Int Health. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- In support of community-based hepatitis C treatment with triage of people at risk of cirrhosis to specialist care.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Draper B, Howell J, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(1):217-218
- Efficacy and safety of sofosbuvir/velpatasvir/voxilaprevir for HCV NS5A-inhibitor experienced patients with difficult to cure characteristics.
Papaluca T, Roberts SK, Strasser SI, Stuart KA, Farrell G, MacQuillan G, Dore GJ, Wade AJ, George J, Hazeldine S, O'Beirne J, Wigg A, Fisher L, McGarity B, Sawhney R, Sinclair M, Thomas J, Valiozis I, Weltman M, Wilson M, Woodward A, Ahlenstiel G, Haque M, Levy M, Prewett E, Sievert W, Sood S, Tse E, Valaydon Z, Bowden S, Douglas M, New K, O'Keefe J, Hellard M, Doyle J, Stoové M, Thompson AJ
Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Parent and child co-resident status among an Australian community-based sample of methamphetamine smokers.
Ward B, Kippen R, Reupert A, Maybery D, Agius PA, Quinn B, Jenkinson R, Hickman M, Sutton K, Goldsmith R, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Clinical and demographic characteristics of people who smoke versus inject crystalline methamphetamine in Australia: Findings from a pharmacotherapy trial.
McKetin R, Quinn B, Higgs P, Berk M, Dean OM, Turner A, Kelly PJ, Lubman DI, Carter G, Baker AL, Manning V, Thomas T, Bathish R, Raftery D, Saunders L, Wrobel A, Meehan A, Sinclair B, Reid D, Arunogiri S, Hill H, Cordaro F, Dietze PMWrobel, Alcyone Meehan, Barbara Sinclair, David Reid, Shalini Arunogiri, Harry Hill, Frank Cordaro, Paul M Dietze
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Micro-elimination of hepatitis C among people with HIV coinfection: declining incidence and prevalence accompanying a multi-center treatment scale-up trial.
Doyle JS, van Santen DK, Iser D, Sasadeusz J, O'Reilly M, Harney B, Traeger MW, Roney J, Cutts JC, Bowring AL, Winter R, Medland N, Fairley CK, Moore R, Tee B, Asselin J, El-Hayek C, Hoy JF, Matthews GV, Prins M, Stoové MA, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2021 Jan; 73(7):e2164–e2172
- Perceptions of injectable opioid agonist treatment (iOAT) among people who regularly use opioids in Australia: Findings from a cross-sectional study in three Australian cities.
Nielsen S, Sanfilippo P, Belackova V, Day C, Silins E, Lintzeris N, Bruno R, Grebely J, Lancaster K, Ali R, Bell J, Dietze P, Degenhardt L, Farrell M, Larance B
Addiction. 2021 Jan; 116(6):1482-1494
- The Importance of Immediate Linkage to Health and Social Support Services for Deported Migrants.
Pantano B, Higgs P, Horyniak D
Med Care. 2021 Jan; 59(1):91
- Peer to peer communication about hepatitis C treatment amongst people who inject drugs: A longitudinal qualitative study.
Goutzamanis S, Doyle JS, Horyniak D, Higgs P, Hellard M; TAP study group
Int J Drug Policy. 2021 Jan; 87:102983
- A prospective cohort of people who use methamphetamine in Melbourne and non-metropolitan Victoria, Australia: Baseline characteristics and correlates of methamphetamine dependence.
Quinn B, Ward B, Agius PA, Jenkinson R, Hickman M, Sutton K, Hall C, McKetin R, Farrell M, Cossar R, Dietze PM
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Increasing hepatitis C testing and linkage to care: Results of a testing campaign with incentives at primary care clinics in Melbourne, Australia.
Chan K, Elsum I, Gold J, Layton C, Accadia L, Bryant M, Gunn J, Djordjevic F, Purcell I, Dicka J, Forrest M, Crawford S, Hellard M, Pedrana A; Eliminate Hepatitis C Partnership
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(3):569-572
- Changes in HIV preexposure prophylaxis prescribing in Australian clinical services following COVID-19 restrictions.
Traeger MW, Patel P, Guy R, Hellard ME, Stoové MA for the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance (ACCESS)
AIDS. 2021 Jan; 35(1):155-157
- The case for simplifying and using absolute targets for viral hepatitis elimination goals
Polaris Observatory Collaborators (including Joseph Doyle)
J Viral Hepat. 2021 Jan; 28(1):12-19
- Initiation of medications for opioid use disorder shortly before release from prison to promote treatment retention: Strong evidence but compromised policy.
Curtis M, Larney S, Higgs P, Cossar RD, Winter RJ, Stewart AC, Stoové M
J Addict Med. 2021 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Letter to the Editor: Recommendations for implementing hepatitis C virus care in homeless shelters: The stakeholder perspective.
Harney B, McColl R, Pedrana A, Morrison E, Doyle J, Hellard M, Higgs P
Hepatol Commun. 2021 Jan; 5(1):146-147
- Prevalence of latent tuberculosis infection and HIV among people who inject drugs in Iran.
Radfar SR, Nematollahi P, Tayeri K, Dehghan H, Janani M, Higgs P, Mohsenifar S, Noroozi A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2021 Jan; 40(4):572-579
- The phases of hepatitis C elimination: achieving WHO elimination targets.
Pedrana A, Munari S, Stoové M, Doyle J, Hellard M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021 Jan; 6(1):6-8
- Matching action to need: an analysis of Global Burden of Disease 2017 and population health data to focus adolescent health policy and actions in Myanmar.
Cini KI, Win PM, Swe ZY, Than KK, Win TM, Aung YW, Myint AA, Wulan NR, Burns LJ, Kennedy EC, Francis KL, Sanda, Myat SM, Swe S, Ko AK, Yadanar, Hellard M, Hughes CL, Patton GC, Mokdad AH, Azzopardi PS
Glob Health Action. 2021 Jan; 14(1):1844976
- Exploring the Impact of Secondary Supply Laws on Adolescent Drinking Trends in Australia.
Vashishtha R, Pennay A, Dietze P, Livingston M
J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2021 Jan; 82(1):76-83
- Guidelines for the use and interpretation of assays for monitoring autophagy (4th edition)(1).
Klionsky DJ et al (including Philippe Boeuf)
Autophagy. 2021 Jan; 17(1):1-382
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (24)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (230)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (164)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (29)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (130)
- Eliminate Malaria (22)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (82)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (7)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (1)
- HIV and AIDS (41)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (4)
- Maternal and Child Health (59)
- Malaria (38)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (4)
- Hepatitis B (13)
- Hepatitis C (38)
- Global infectious disease threats (6)
- Injecting Drug Use (29)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (34)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (9)
- Young People's Health (11)
- Justice Health (7)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (5)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (7)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (1)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (11)
- Antimicrobial resistance (1)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (55)