Support second-generation COVID-19 vaccine research at Burnet.
December, 2020 (8)
- Factors Associated with Stunting among Children under 5 Years in Five South Asian Countries (2014-2018): Analysis of Demographic Health Surveys.
Wali N, Agho KE, Renzaho AM
Nutrients. 2020 Dec; 12(12):E3875
- Assessing Australian women's knowledge and knowledge preferences about long-term health after hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: a survey study.
Roth H, Homer CSE, LeMarquand G, Roberts LM, Hanley L, Brown M, Henry A
BMJ Open. 2020 Dec; 10(12):e042920
- Loss to follow up of pregnant women with HIV and infant HIV outcomes in the prevention of maternal to child transmission of HIV programme in two high-burden provinces in Papua New Guinea: a retrospective clinical audit.
Kelly-Hanku A, Nightingale CE, Pham MD, Mek A, Homiehombo P, Bagita M, Nankinga J, Vallely A, Vallely L, Sethy G, Kaldor J, Luchters S
BMJ Open. 2020 Dec; 10(12):e038311
- Incidence and trend of preterm birth in China, 1990-2016: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
Jing S, Chen C, Gan Y, Vogel J, Zhang J
BMJ Open. 2020 Dec; 10(12):e039303
- The impact of the livelihoods and income fortification and socio-civic transformation project on the quality of life, wellbeing, self-esteem, and quality of neighbourhood social environment among the youth in slum areas of in Kampala, Uganda.
Renzaho AMN, Doh D, Mahumud RA, Galukande M, Kamara JK
BMC Public Health. 2020 Dec; 20(1):1872
- Assessing the quality of antenatal corticosteroids in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review.
Mosoro E, Wilson AN, Homer CSE, Vogel J
PLoS One. 2020 Dec; 15(12):e0243034
- The role of midwifery and other international insights for maternity care in the United States: An analysis of four countries.
Kennedy HP, Balaam MC, Dahlen H, Declercq E, de Jonge A, Downe S, Ellwood D, Homer CSE, Sandall J, Vedam S, Wolfe I
Birth. 2020 Dec; 47(4):332-345
- Clinical care of pregnant and postpartum women with COVID-19: Living recommendations from the National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce.
Vogel JP, Tendal B, Giles M, Whitehead C, Burton W, Chakraborty S, Cheyne S, Downton T, Fraile Navarro D, Gleeson G, Gordon A, Hunt J, Kitschke J, McDonald S, McDonnell N, Middleton P, Millard T, Murano M, Oats J, Tate R, White H, Elliott J, Roach V, Homer CSE; National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2020 Dec; 60(6):840-851
November, 2020 (12)
- Uterotonic agents for first-line treatment of postpartum haemorrhage: a network meta-analysis.
Parry Smith WR, Papadopoulou A, Thomas E, Tobias A, Price MJ, Meher S, Alfirevic Z, Weeks AD, Hofmeyr GJ, Gülmezoglu AM, Widmer M, Oladapo OT, Vogel JP, Althabe F, Coomarasamy A, Gallos ID
Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020 Nov; 11:CD012754
- Assessing knowledge of healthcare providers concerning cardiovascular risk after hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: an Australian national survey.
Roth H, Homer CSE, Arnott C, Roberts L, Brown M, Henry A
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020 Nov; 20(1):717
- Previous psychopathology predicted severe COVID-19 concern, anxiety, and PTSD symptoms in pregnant women during "lockdown" in Italy.
Ravaldi C, Ricca V, Wilson A, Homer C, Vannacci A
Arch Womens Ment Health. 2020 Nov; 23 :783-786
- Mobile Phone Apps in Australia for Improving Pregnancy Outcomes: Systematic Search on App Stores.
Musgrave LM, Kizirian NV, Homer CSE, Gordon A
JMIR mHealth uHealth. 2020 Nov; 8(11):e22340
- Implementation and evaluation of a quality improvement initiative to reduce late gestation stillbirths in Australia: Safer Baby Bundle study protocol.
Andrews CJ, Ellwood D, Middleton PF, Gordon A, Nicholl M, Homer CSE, Morris J, Gardener G, Coory M, Davies-Tuck M, Boyle FM, Callander E, Bauman A, Flenady VJ; Safer Baby Bundle collaborators.
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020 Nov; 20(1):694
- Risk factors associated with adverse maternal outcomes following intrapartum cesarean birth: a secondary analysis of the WHO global survey on maternal and perinatal health, 2004-2008.
Harrison MS, Betrán AP, Suresh K, Vogel JP, Goldenberg RL, Gülmezoglu AM
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020 Nov; 20(1):687
- Associations between high temperatures in pregnancy and risk of preterm birth, low birth weight, and stillbirths: systematic review and meta-analysis.
Chersich MF, Pham MD, Areal A, Haghighi MM, Manyuchi A, Swift CP, Wernecke B, Robinson M, Hetem R, Boeckmann M, Hajat S; Climate Change and Heat-Health Study Group
BMJ. 2020 Nov; 371:m3811
- Editorial: Addressing stillbirth in Australia: A national initiative.
Women Birth. 2020 Nov; 33(6):505
- Stillbirth in Australia 1: The road to now: Two decades of stillbirth research and advocacy in Australia.
Flenady VJ, Middleton P, Wallace EM, Morris J, Gordon A, Boyle FM, Homer CS, Henry S, Brezler L, Wojcieszek AM, Davies-Tuck M, Coory M, Callander E, Kumar S, Clifton V, Leisher SH, Blencowe H, Forbes M, Sexton J, Ellwood DA
Women Birth. 2020 Nov; 33(6):506-513
- Stillbirth in Australia 5: Making respectful care after stillbirth a reality: The quest for parent-centred care.
Boyle FM, Horey D, Dean JH, Loughnan S, Ludski K, Mead J, Homer CS, de Wilde D, Morris J, Flenady VJ
Women Birth. 2020 Nov; 33(6):531-536
- Stillbirth in Australia 2: Working together to reduce stillbirth in Australia: The Safer Baby Bundle initiative.
Andrews CJ, Ellwood DA, Gordon A, Middleton P, Homer CSE, Wallace EM, Nicholl MC, Marr C, Sketcher-Baker K, Weller M, Seeho SKM, Flenady VJ; Safer Baby Bundle collaborators.
Women Birth. 2020 Nov; 33(6):514-519
- Labour companionship and women's experiences of mistreatment during childbirth: results from a multi-country community-based survey.
Balde MD, Nasiri K, Mehrtash H, Soumah AM, Bohren MA, Diallo BA, Irinyenikan TA, Maung TM, Thwin SS, Aderoba AK, Vogel JP, Mon NO, Adu-Bonsaffoh K, Tunçalp Ö
BMJ Glob Health. 2020 Nov; 5(Suppl 2):e003564
October, 2020 (1)
- Birth preparedness and complication readiness among women of reproductive age in Kenya and Tanzania: a community-based cross-sectional survey.
Orwa J, Gatimu SM, Mantel M, Luchters S, Mugerwa MA, Brownie S, Subi L, Mrema S, Nyaga L, Edwards G, Mwasha L, Isangula K, Selestine E, Jadavji S, Pell R, Mbekenga C, Temmerman M
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020 Oct; 20(1):636
September, 2020 (4)
- Cost-effectiveness of uterine tamponade devices for the treatment of postpartum haemorrhage: A systematic review.
Vogel JP, Wilson AN, Scott N, Widmer M, Althabe F, Oladapo OT
Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2020 Sep; 151(3):333-340
- Reorienting Nurturing Care for Early Childhood Development during the COVID-19 Pandemic in Kenya: A Review.
Shumba C, Maina R, Mbuthia G, Kimani R, Mbugua S, Shah S, Abubakar A, Luchters S, Shaibu S, Ndirangu E
Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020 Sep; 17(19):E7028
- Self-care and remote care during pregnancy: a new paradigm?
Gülmezoglu AM, Ammerdorffer A, Narasimhan M, Wilson AN, Vogel JP, Say L, Tunçalp Ö
Health Res Policy Syst. 2020 Sep; 18(1):107
- Adverse childhood experiences should be priority in global response to COVID-19.
Sahle BW, Ofori-Asenso R, Renzaho AMN
J Paediatr Child Health. 2020 Sep; 56(10):1656-1657
August, 2020 (1)
- Global research priorities for social, behavioural and community engagement interventions for maternal, newborn and child health.
Chan G, Storey JD, Das MK, Sacks E, Johri M, Kabakian-Khasholian T, Paudel D, Yoshida S, Portela A
Health Res Policy Syst. 2020 Aug; 18(1):97
July, 2020 (1)
- Blood pressure postpartum (BP(2)) RCT protocol: Follow-up and lifestyle behaviour change strategies in the first 12 months after hypertensive pregnancy.
Henry A, Arnott C, Makris A, Davis G, Hennessy A, Beech A, Pettit F, Homer CS, Craig ME, Roberts L, Hyett J, Chambers G, Fitzgerald O, Gow M, Mann L, Challis D, Gale M, Ruhotas A, Kirwin E, Denney-Wilson E, Brown M
Pregnancy Hypertens. 2020 Jul; 22:1-6
June, 2020 (1)
- Wilson and Homer reply to Papadakis.
Wilson AN, Homer CSE
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2020 Jun; 60(3):E7
May, 2020 (4)
- Choosing vaginal birth after caesarean section: Motivating factors.
Davis D, S Homer C, Clack D, Turkmani S, Foureur M
Midwifery. 2020 May; 88:102766
- Seeing birth in a new light: The transformational effect of exposure to homebirth for hospital-based midwives.
Coddington R, Catling C, Homer C
Midwifery. 2020 May; 88:102755
- A core outcome set for pre-eclampsia research: An international consensus development study.
Duffy JMN, Cairns AE, Richards-Doran D, van 't Hooft J, Gale C, Brown M, Chappell LC, Grobman WA, Fitzpatrick R, Karumanchi SA, Khalil A, Lucas DN, Magee LA, Mol BW, Stark M, Thangaratinam S, Wilson MJ, von Dadelszen P, Williamson PR, Ziebland S, McManus RJ; International Collaboration to Harmonise Outcomes for Pre-eclampsia (iHOPE). including CSE Homer as Collaborator
BJOG. 2020 May; 127(12):1516-1526
- What would Florence think of midwives and nurses in 2020?
Homer C, Bucknall T, Farrell T
Women Birth. 2020 May; 33(5):409-410
April, 2020 (1)
- Misoprostol for the prevention of post-partum haemorrhage in Mozambique: an analysis of the interface between human rights, maternal health and development.
Hobday K, Zwi AB, Homer C, Kirkham R, Hulme J, Wate PZ, Prata N
BMC Int Health Hum Rights. 2020 Apr; 20(1):9
March, 2020 (7)
- Unmet Need for Family Planning and Experience of Unintended Pregnancy Among Female Sex Workers in Urban Cameroon: Results From a National Cross-Sectional Study.
Bowring AL, Schwartz S, Lyons C, Rao A, Olawore O, Njindam IM, Nzau J, Fouda G, Fako GH, Turpin G, Levitt D, Georges S, Tamoufe U, Billong SC, Njoya O, Zoung-Kanyi AC, Baral S
Glob Health Sci Pract. 2020 Mar; 8(1):82-99
- Midwives in a pandemic: A call for solidarity and compassion.
O'Connell M, Crowther S, Ravaldi C, Homer C
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(3):205-206
- Editorial: Words matter; language matters.
Homer C, Wilson A, Davis D
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(2):105-106
- The cost of vaginal birth at home, in a birth centre or in a hospital setting in New South Wales: A micro-costing study.
Scarf VL, Yu S, Viney R, Lavis L, Dahlen H, Foureur M, Homer C
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(3):286-293
- Survey of Australian maternity hospitals to inform development and implementation of a stillbirth prevention 'bundle of care'.
Andrews CJ, Ellwood D, Middleton PF, Homer CSE, Reinebrant HE, Donnolley N, Boyle FM, Gordon A, Nicholl M, Morris J, Gardener G, Davies-Tuck M, Wallace EM, Flenady VJ
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(3):251-258
- Induction of labour indications and timing: A systematic analysis of clinical guidelines.
Coates D, Homer C, Wilson A, Deady L, Mason E, Foureur M, Henry A
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(3):219-230
- Recognising the challenges of providing care for Thai pregnant adolescents: Healthcare professionals' views.
Jittitaworn W, Fox D, Catling C, Homer CSE
Women Birth. 2020 Mar; 33(2):e192-e190
February, 2020 (7)
- Understanding the Experiences and Needs of Migrant Women Affected by Female Genital Mutilation Using Maternity Services in Australia.
Turkmani S, Homer CSE, Dawson AJ
Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020 Feb; 17(5):E1491
- An evaluation of the benefits and harms of antenatal corticosteroid treatment for women at risk of imminent preterm birth or prior to elective Caesarean-section: Study protocol for an individual participant data meta-analysis.
Wastnedge E, Vogel J, Been JV, Bannerman-Gyamfi C, Schuit E, Roberts D, Reynolds RM, Stock S; Co_Opt collaboration
Wellcome Open Res. 2020 Feb; 5:38
- Third- and fourth-degree tears: A review of the current evidence for prevention and management.
Wilson AN, Homer CSE
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2020 Feb; 60(2):175-182
- Tuberculosis in pregnant women and neonates: A meta-review of current evidence.
Snow KJ, Bekker A, Huang GK, Graham SM
Paediatr Respir Rev. 2020 Feb; 36:27-32
- The provision of midwife-led care in low-and middle-income countries: An integrative review.
Michel-Schuldt M, McFadden A, Renfrew M, Homer C
Midwifery. 2020 Feb; 84:102659
- 2020 is the International Year of the Midwife: Announcing a special issue.
Women Birth. 2020 Feb; 33(1):1-2
- The future in their hands: Graduating student midwives' plans, job satisfaction and the desire to work in midwifery continuity of care.
Evans J, Taylor J, Browne J, Ferguson S, Atchan M, Maher P, Homer CS, Davis D
Women Birth. 2020 Feb; 33(1):e59-e66
January, 2020 (7)
- Responding to the health needs of women from migrant and refugee backgrounds-Models of maternity and postpartum care in high-income countries: A systematic scoping review.
Rogers HJ, Hogan L, Coates D, Homer CSE, Henry A
Health Soc Care Community. 2020 Jan; 28(5):1343-1365
- A systematic scoping review of clinical indications for induction of labour.
Coates D, Makris A, Catling C, Henry A, Scarf V, Watts N, Fox D, Thirukumar P, Wong V, Russell H, Homer C
PLoS One. 2020 Jan; 15(1):e0228196
- The invisible burden of malaria-attributable stillbirths.
Fowkes FJI, Davidson E, Moore KA, McGready R, Simpson JA
Lancet. 2020 Jan; 395(10220):268
- Strengthening routine immunization in Papua New Guinea: a cross-sectional provincial assessment of front-line services.
Morgan CJ, Saweri OPM, Larme N, Peach E, Melepia P, Au L, Scoullar MJL, Reza MS, Vallely LM, McPake BI, Beeson JG
BMC Public Health. 2020 Jan; 20(1):100
- Governments’ policy response to drought in Eswatini and Lesotho: A systematic review of the characteristics, comprehensiveness, and quality of existing policies to improve community resilience to drought hazards.
Kamara JK , Sahle BW, Agho KE, Renzaho AMN
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society. 2020 Jan; 2020:3294614
- Pregnancy-specific malarial immunity and risk of malaria in pregnancy and adverse birth outcomes: a systematic review.
Cutts JC, Agius PA, Zaw Lin, Powell R, Moore K, Draper B, Simpson JA, Fowkes FJI
BMC Med. 2020 Jan; 18(1):14
- Eclampsia in Australia and New Zealand: A prospective population-based study.
Pollock W, Peek MJ, Wang A, Li Z, Ellwood D, Homer CSE, Jackson Pulver L, McLintock C, Vaughan G, Knight M, Sullivan EA
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2020 Jan; 60(4):533-540
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (30)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (205)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (163)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (30)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (119)
- Eliminate Malaria (19)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (86)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (2)
- HIV and AIDS (46)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (9)
- Maternal and Child Health (54)
- Malaria (34)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (9)
- Hepatitis B (12)
- Hepatitis C (38)
- Global infectious disease threats (3)
- Injecting Drug Use (27)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (11)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (6)
- Young People's Health (18)
- Justice Health (2)
- Nutrition (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (9)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (2)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (5)
- Influenza (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (6)
- Antimicrobial resistance (2)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (22)