Support mathematical modelling at Burnet and help save lives around the world.
November, 2020 (2)
- Microbial function and genital inflammation in young South African women at high risk of HIV infection.
Alisoltani A, Manhanzva MT, Potgieter M, Balle C, Bell L, Ross E, Iranzadeh A, du Plessis M, Radzey N, McDonald Z, Calder B, Allali I, Mulder N, Dabee S, Barnabas S, Gamieldien H, Godzik A, Blackburn JM, Tabb DL, Bekker LG, Jaspan HB, Passmore JS, Masson L
Microbiome. 2020 Nov; 8(1):165
- Feasibility and acceptability of implementing early infant diagnosis of HIV in Papua New Guinea at the point of care: a qualitative exploration of health worker and key informant perspectives.
Mohamed Y, Kupul M, Gare J, Badman SG, Silim S, Vallely AJ, Luchters S, Kelly-Hanku A; AAMI Study Group.
BMJ Open. 2020 Nov; 10(11):e043679
October, 2020 (4)
- Caregiver experience and perceived acceptability of a novel near point-of-care early infant HIV diagnostic test among caregivers enrolled in the PMTCT program, Myanmar: A qualitative study.
Yee WL, Than KK, Mohamed Y, Htay H, Tin HH, Thein W, Kyaw LL, Yee WW, Aye MM, Badman SG, Vallely AJ, Luchters S, Kelly-Hanku A; AAMI study group
PLoS One. 2020 Oct; 15(10):e0241245
- Costs of providing HIV care and optimal allocation of HIV resources in Guyana.
Suraratdecha C, Stuart RM, Edwards M, Moore R, Liu N, Wilson DP, Albalak R
PLoS One. 2020 Oct; 15(10):e0238499
- HIV infections among female sex workers in Mombasa, Kenya: current prevalence and trends over 25 years.
Manguro GO, Gichuki C, Ampt FH, Agius PA, Lim MS, Jaoko WG, Hellard M, L'Engle K, Stoové M, Mandaliya K, Chersich MF, Temmerman M, Luchters S, Gichangi P
Int J STD AIDS. 2020 Oct; 31(14):1389-1397
- South Sudanese Perceptions of Health and Illness in South Australia.
Mude WW, Fisher CM, Le Gautier R, Wallace JM, Richmond J
Int J Migrat Health Soc Care. 2020 Oct; 16(4):469-479
September, 2020 (4)
- Demographic and genetic associations with markers of small and large fibre sensory neuropathy in HIV patients treated without stavudine.
Safri AY, Gaff J, Octaviana F, Dewanto Setiawan D, Imran D, Cherry CL, Laws SM, Price P
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2020 Sep; 85(5):612-616
- Improved capture of trans and gender-diverse people diagnosed with HIV infection in Victoria following refinement to notification form.
Ryan KE, Wiggins J, Higgins N, El-Hayek C, Stoové M
HIV Med. 2020 Sep; 21(10):E23-E24
- Phylogenetic clustering networks among heterosexual migrants with new HIV diagnoses post-migration in Australia.
Sacks-Davis R, Chibo D, Peach E, Aleksic E, Crowe SM, El Hayek C, Marukutira T, Higgins N, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2020 Sep; 15(9):e0237469
- Performance characteristics of an instrument-free point-of-care CD4 test (VISITECT(R)CD4) for use in resource-limited settings.
Vidhyavathi V, Iqbal HS, Kanthamani K, Solomon SS, Nandagopal P, Luchters S, Pham MD, Forbes J, Crowe SM, McMurran C, Anderson DA, Balakrishnan P
J Int Med Res. 2020 Sep; 48(9):300060520955028
August, 2020 (6)
- The impact of markers of HIV infection on change in liver stiffness in people with HIV and hepatitis C virus co-infection after treatment and cure of hepatitis C.
van Santen DK, Agius PA, Sasadeusz J, Fairley KC, Sievert W, Gane E, Iser D, O'Reilly M, Medland NA, Moore R, Hellard ME, Hoy JF, Doyle JS
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2020 Aug; 85(5):e81-e89
- The multiparametric analysis of mitochondrial dynamics in T cells from cryopreserved peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs).
Masson JJR, Ostrowski M, Duette G, Lee MKS, Murphy AJ, Crowe SM, Palmer CS
Methods Mol Biol. 2020 Aug; 2184:215-224
- A summary of the fifth annual Virology Education HIV Microbiome workshop.
Sherrill-Mix S, Connors K, Aldrovandi GM, Brenchley J, Boucher C, Bushman F, Collman R, Dandekar S, Klatt NR, Lagenaur LA, Paredes R, Tachedjian G, Turpin JA, Landay A, Ghosh M
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2020 Aug; 36(11):886-895
- Longitudinal analysis of subtype C envelope tropism for memory CD4(+) T cell subsets over the first 3 years of untreated HIV-1 infection.
Gartner MJ, Gorry PR, Tumpach C, Zhou J, Dantanarayana A, Chang JJ, Angelovich TA, Ellenberg P, Laumaea AE, Nonyane M, Moore PL, Lewin SR, Churchill MJ, Flynn JK, Roche M
Retrovirology. 2020 Aug; 17(1):24
- Potential effects of disruption to HIV programmes in sub-Saharan Africa caused by COVID-19: results from multiple mathematical models.
Jewell BL, Mudimu E, Stover J, Ten Brink D, Phillips AN, Smith JA, Martin-Hughes R, Teng Y, Glaubius R, Mahiane SG, Bansi-Matharu L, Taramusi I, Chagoma N, Morrison M, Doherty M, Marsh K, Bershteyn A, Hallett TB, Kelly SL; HIV Modelling Consortium
Lancet HIV. 2020 Aug; 7(9):e929-e940
- Sialyl-Lewis(X) Glycoantigen Is Enriched on Cells with Persistent HIV Transcription during Therapy.
Colomb F, Giron LB, Kuri-Cervantes L, Adeniji OS, Ma T, Dweep H, Battivelli E, Verdin E, Palmer CS, Tateno H, Kossenkov AV, Roan NR, Betts MR, Abdel-Mohsen M
Cell Rep. 2020 Aug; 32(5):107991
July, 2020 (9)
- Using digital communication technology to increase HIV testing among men who have sex with men and transgender women: Systematic review and meta-analysis
Veronese V, Ryan KE, Hughes C, Lim MS, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Jul; 22(7):e14230
- Opportunities for improved HIV prevention and treatment through budget optimization in Eswatini.
Minnery M, Mathabela N, Shubber Z, Mabuza K, Gorgens M, Cheikh N, Wilson DP, Kelly SL
PLoS One. 2020 Jul; 15(7):e0235664
- Sustained, low prevalence of undiagnosed HIV among gay and bisexual men in Sydney, Australia coincident with increased testing and pre-exposure prophylaxis use: results from repeated, bio-behavioural studies 2014-2018.
Keen P, Lee E, Grulich AE, Prestage G, Guy R, Stoové MA, Bavinton BR, Asselin J, Hammoud MA, Broady T, Duck T, Holt M
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2020 Jul; 85(3):e41-e47
- Advanced HIV disease in the Botswana combination prevention project: prevalence, risk factors, and outcomes.
Lebelonyane R, Mills LA, Mogorosi C, Ussery F, Marukutira T, Theu J, Kapanda M, Matambo S, Block L, Raizes E, Makhema J, Lockman S, Bachanas P, Moore J, Jarvis JN
AIDS. 2020 Jul; 34(15):2223-2230
- Low hepatitis C virus reinfection rate despite ongoing risk following universal access to direct-acting antiviral therapy among people living with HIV.
Hosseini-Hooshyar S, Martinello M, Yee J, Read P, Baker D, Post JJ, Finlayson R, Bloch M, Doyle JS, Shaw D, Hellard M, Petoumenos K, Carson J, Dore GJ, Matthews GV; CEASE study team
AIDS. 2020 Jul; 34(9):1347-1358
- Acceptability of a hypothetical preventative HIV vaccine among people who use drugs in Vancouver, Canada.
Fleming T, Valleriani J, Ng C, Maher L, Small W, McNeil R
BMC Public Health. 2020 Jul; 20(1):1081
- HIV-1 subtype C transmitted founders modulate dendritic cell inflammatory responses.
Lumngwena EN, Metenou S, Masson L, Cicala C, Arthos J, Woodman Z
Retrovirology. 2020 Jul; 17(1):17
- Hepatitis C elimination in people living with HIV - the importance of biomedical and behavioural interventions.
van Santen DK, Sacks-Davis R, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Jul; 23(7):e25589
- The Preferred Qualities of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing and Self-Testing Among Men Who Have Sex With Men: A Discrete Choice Experiment.
Ong JJ, De Abreu Lourenco R, Street D, Smith K, Jamil MS, Terris-Prestholt F, Fairley CK, McNulty A, Hynes A, Johnson K, Chow EPF, Bavinton B, Grulich A, Stoové M, Holt M, Kaldor J, Guy R
Value Health. 2020 Jul; 23(7):870-879
June, 2020 (6)
- Privacy-Preserving Record Linkage of Deidentified Records Within a Public Health Surveillance System: Evaluation Study.
Nguyen L, Stoové M, Boyle D, Callander D, McManus H, Asselin J, Guy R, Donovan B, Hellard M, El-Hayek C
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Jun; 22(6):e16757
- Editorial: Interplay of Infection and Microbiome.
Huston WM, Tachedjian G
Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2020 Jun; 10:304
- The role of CAMKK2 polymorphisms in HIV-associated sensory neuropathy in South Africans.
Gaff J, Pillay P, Cherry C, Laws SM, Price P, Kamerman P
J Neurol Sci. 2020 Jun; 416:116987
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with HIV/hepatitis B and HIV/hepatitis C co-infections among people who inject drugs in Mozambique.
Semá Baltazar C, Boothe M, Kellogg T, Ricardo P, Sathane I, Fazito E, Raymond HF, Temmerman M, Luchters S
BMC Public Health. 2020 Jun; 20(1):851
- Characteristics of gay and bisexual men who rarely use HIV risk reduction strategies during condomless anal intercourse: Results from the FLUX national online cohort study.
Kolstee J, Holt M, Jin J, Hammoud MA, Degenhardt L, Maher L, Lea T, Prestage G
PLoS One. 2020 Jun; 15(6):e0233922
- Integrating HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis and harm reduction among men who have sex with men and transgender women to address intersecting harms associated with stimulant use: a modelling study.
Bórquez A, Rich K, Farrell M, Degenhardt L, McKetin R, Tran LT, Cepeda J, Silva-Santisteban A, Konda K, Cáceres CF, Kelly S, Altice FL, Martin NK
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Jun; 23 Suppl 1:e25495
May, 2020 (1)
- Innate and Adaptive Anti-SIV Responses in Macaque Semen: Implications for Infectivity and Risk of Transmission.
Suphaphiphat K, Bernard-Stoecklin S, Gommet C, Delache B, Dereuddre-Bosquet N, Kent SJ, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Le Grand R, Cavarelli M
Front Immunol. 2020 May; 11:850
March, 2020 (3)
- Monocytes from men living with HIV exhibit heightened atherogenic potential despite long term viral suppression with ART.
Angelovich TA, Trevillyan JM, Hoy JF, Wong ME, Agius PA, Hearps AC, Jaworowski A
AIDS. 2020 Mar; 34(4):513-518
- Gaps in the HIV diagnosis and care cascade for migrants in Australia, 2013-2017: A cross-sectional study.
Marukutira T, Gray RT, Douglass C, El-Hayek C, Moreira C, Asselin J, Donovan B, Vickers T, Spelman T, Crowe S, Guy R, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS Med. 2020 Mar; 17(3):e1003044
- Potential health gains among key populations in West and Central Africa through savings from lower-cost HIV treatment.
Stuart RM, Kelly SL, Martin-Hughes R, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2020 Mar; 34(3):439-446
February, 2020 (7)
- Point-of-care HIV testing can help achieve UNAIDS targets.
Hellard M, Ryan KE, Stoové M
Lancet HIV. 2020 Feb; 7(4):e216-e217
- New Potential Axes of HIV Neuropathogenesis with Relevance to Biomarkers and Treatment.
Angelovich TA, Churchill MJ, Wright EJ, Brew BJ
Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2020 Feb; Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg:https://doi.org/10.1007/7854_2019_126
- Investigating possible syndemic relationships between structural and drug use factors, sexual HIV transmission and viral load among men of colour who have sex with men in Los Angeles County.
Quinn B, Gorbach PM, Okafor CN, Heinzerling KG, Shoptaw S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Feb; 39(2):116-127
- HIV incidence and factors associated with testing positive for HIV among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Myanmar: data from community-based HIV testing services.
Veronese V, Traeger M, Oo ZM, Tun TT, Oo NN, Maung H, Hughes C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25454
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis for female sex workers: ensuring women's family planning needs are not left behind.
Bowring AL, Ampt FH, Schwartz S, Stoové MA, Luchters S, Baral S, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25442
- Prevalence of daily tobacco smoking participation among HIV-positive and HIV-negative Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Wilkinson A, Quinn B, Draper B, White S, Hellard M, Stoové M
HIV Med. 2020 Feb; 21(2):e3-e4
- Trends in late and advanced HIV diagnoses among migrants in Australia; implications for progress on Fast-Track targets: A retrospective observational study.
Marukutira T, Gunaratnam P, Douglass C, Jamil MS, McGregor S, Guy R, Gray RT, Spelman T, Horyniak D, Higgins N, Giele C, Crowe SM, Stoové M, Hellard M
Medicine. 2020 Feb; 99(8):e19289
January, 2020 (4)
- Modelling the impact of migrants on the success of the HIV care and treatment program in Botswana.
Marukutira T, Scott N, Kelly SL, Birungi C, Makhema JM, Crowe S, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2020 Jan; 15(1):e0226422
- Distinct Immune Responses Elicited From Cervicovaginal Epithelial Cells by Lactic Acid and Short Chain Fatty Acids Associated With Optimal and Non-optimal Vaginal Microbiota.
Delgado-Diaz DJ, Tyssen D, Hayward JA, Gugasyan R, Hearps AC, Tachedjian G
Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2020 Jan; 9:446
- TNF-Block Genotypes Influence Susceptibility to HIV-Associated Sensory Neuropathy in Indonesians and South Africans.
Gaff J, Octaviana F, Pillay P, Mbenda HGN, Ariyanto IA, Gan JA, Cherry CL, Kamerman P, Laws SM, Price P
Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Jan; 21(2):E380
- CD4 T cell metabolism is a major contributor of
HIV infectivity and reservoir persistence.
Taylor HE, Palmer CS
Immunometab. 2020 Jan; 2(1)::e200005
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (30)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (205)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (163)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (30)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (119)
- Eliminate Malaria (19)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (86)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Burnet Honorary Research Fellows (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (2)
- HIV and AIDS (46)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (9)
- Maternal and Child Health (54)
- Malaria (34)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (9)
- Hepatitis B (12)
- Hepatitis C (38)
- Global infectious disease threats (3)
- Injecting Drug Use (27)
- Healthy Ageing (1)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (11)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (6)
- Young People's Health (18)
- Justice Health (2)
- Nutrition (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (9)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (2)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (5)
- Influenza (2)
- Global Adolescent Health (6)
- Antimicrobial resistance (2)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (22)