COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
July, 2020 (2)
- Low hepatitis C virus reinfection rate despite ongoing risk following universal access to direct-acting antiviral therapy among people living with HIV.
Hosseini-Hooshyar S, Martinello M, Yee J, Read P, Baker D, Post JJ, Finlayson R, Bloch M, Doyle JS, Shaw D, Hellard M, Petoumenos K, Carson J, Dore GJ, Matthews GV; CEASE study team
AIDS. 2020 Jul; 34(9):1347-1358
- HIV-1 subtype C transmitted founders modulate dendritic cell inflammatory responses.
Lumngwena EN, Metenou S, Masson L, Cicala C, Arthos J, Woodman Z
Retrovirology. 2020 Jul; 17(1):17
June, 2020 (6)
- Privacy-Preserving Record Linkage of Deidentified Records Within a Public Health Surveillance System: Evaluation Study.
Nguyen L, Stoové M, Boyle D, Callander D, McManus H, Asselin J, Guy R, Donovan B, Hellard M, El-Hayek C
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Jun; 22(6):e16757
- Editorial: Interplay of Infection and Microbiome.
Wilhelmina M Huston, Gilda Tachedjian
Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2020 Jun; 10:304
- The role of CAMKK2 polymorphisms in HIV-associated sensory neuropathy in South Africans.
Gaff J, Pillay P, Cherry C, Laws SM, Price P, Kamerman P
J Neurol Sci. 2020 Jun; 416:116987
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with HIV/hepatitis B and HIV/hepatitis C co-infections among people who inject drugs in Mozambique.
Semá Baltazar C, Boothe M, Kellogg T, Ricardo P, Sathane I, Fazito E, Raymond HF, Temmerman M, Luchters S
BMC Public Health. 2020 Jun; 20(1):851
- Characteristics of gay and bisexual men who rarely use HIV risk reduction strategies during condomless anal intercourse: Results from the FLUX national online cohort study.
Kolstee J, Holt M, Jin J, Hammoud MA, Degenhardt L, Maher L, Lea T, Prestage G
PLoS One. 2020 Jun; 15(6):e0233922
- Integrating HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis and harm reduction among men who have sex with men and transgender women to address intersecting harms associated with stimulant use: a modelling study.
Bórquez A, Rich K, Farrell M, Degenhardt L, McKetin R, Tran LT, Cepeda J, Silva-Santisteban A, Konda K, Cáceres CF, Kelly S, Altice FL, Martin NK
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Jun; 23 Suppl 1:e25495
May, 2020 (1)
- Innate and Adaptive Anti-SIV Responses in Macaque Semen: Implications for Infectivity and Risk of Transmission.
Suphaphiphat K, Bernard-Stoecklin S, Gommet C, Delache B, Dereuddre-Bosquet N, Kent SJ, Wines BD, Hogarth PM, Le Grand R, Cavarelli M
Front Immunol. 2020 May; 11:850
March, 2020 (4)
- Monocytes from men living with HIV exhibit heightened atherogenic potential despite long term viral suppression with ART.
Angelovich TA, Trevillyan JM, Hoy JF, Wong ME, Agius PA, Hearps AC, Jaworowski A
AIDS. 2020 Mar; 34(4):513-518
- Sharing the costs of structural interventions: What can models tell us?
Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Gaps in the HIV diagnosis and care cascade for migrants in Australia, 2013-2017: A cross-sectional study.
Marukutira T, Gray RT, Douglass C, El-Hayek C, Moreira C, Asselin J, Donovan B, Vickers T, Spelman T, Crowe S, Guy R, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS Med. 2020 Mar; 17(3):e1003044
- Potential health gains among key populations in West and Central Africa through savings from lower-cost HIV treatment.
Stuart RM, Kelly SL, Martin-Hughes R, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2020 Mar; 34(3):439-446
February, 2020 (7)
- Point-of-care HIV testing can help achieve UNAIDS targets.
Hellard M, Ryan KE, Stoové M
Lancet HIV. 2020 Feb; 7(4):e216-e217
- New Potential Axes of HIV Neuropathogenesis with Relevance to Biomarkers and Treatment.
Angelovich TA, Churchill MJ, Wright EJ, Brew BJ
Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Investigating possible syndemic relationships between structural and drug use factors, sexual HIV transmission and viral load among men of colour who have sex with men in Los Angeles County.
Quinn B, Gorbach PM, Okafor CN, Heinzerling KG, Shoptaw S
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Feb; 39(2):116-127
- HIV incidence and factors associated with testing positive for HIV among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Myanmar: data from community-based HIV testing services.
Veronese V, Traeger M, Oo ZM, Tun TT, Oo NN, Maung H, Hughes C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25454
- Trends in late and advanced HIV diagnoses among migrants in Australia; implications for progress on Fast-Track targets: A retrospective observational study.
Marukutira T, Gunaratnam P, Douglass C, Jamil MS, McGregor S, Guy R, Gray RT, Spelman T, Horyniak D, Higgins N, Giele C, Crowe SM, Stoove M, Hellard M
Medicine. 2020 Feb; 99(8):e19289
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis for female sex workers: ensuring women's family planning needs are not left behind.
Bowring AL, Ampt FH, Schwartz S, Stoové MA, Luchters S, Baral S, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25442
- Prevalence of daily tobacco smoking participation among HIV-positive and HIV-negative Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Wilkinson A, Quinn B, Draper B, White S, Hellard M, Stoové M
HIV Med. 2020 Feb; 21(2):e3-e4
January, 2020 (4)
- Modelling the impact of migrants on the success of the HIV care and treatment program in Botswana.
Marukutira T, Scott N, Kelly SL, Birungi C, Makhema JM, Crowe S, Stoove M, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2020 Jan; 15(1):e0226422
- Distinct Immune Responses Elicited From Cervicovaginal Epithelial Cells by Lactic Acid and Short Chain Fatty Acids Associated With Optimal and Non-optimal Vaginal Microbiota.
Delgado-Diaz DJ, Tyssen D, Hayward JA, Gugasyan R, Hearps AC, Tachedjian G
Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2020 Jan; 9:446
- TNF-Block Genotypes Influence Susceptibility to HIV-Associated Sensory Neuropathy in Indonesians and South Africans.
Gaff J, Octaviana F, Pillay P, Mbenda HGN, Ariyanto IA, Gan JA, Cherry CL, Kamerman P, Laws SM, Price P
Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Jan; 21(2)
- CD4 T cell metabolism is a major contributor of
HIV infectivity and reservoir persistence.
Taylor HE, Palmer CS
Immunometab. 2020 Jan; 2(1)::e200005
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (20)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (123)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (94)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (25)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (74)
- Eliminate Malaria (15)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (58)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (2)
- HIV and AIDS (24)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (6)
- Maternal and Child Health (26)
- Malaria (16)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (6)
- Hepatitis B (7)
- Hepatitis C (25)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (20)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (4)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Young People's Health (15)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (9)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (1)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (2)
- Influenza (1)
- Global Adolescent Health (3)
- Antimicrobial resistance (2)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (14)