COVID-19 represents an unprecedented health, social and economic challenge in Australia and around the world. Support Burnet’s COVID-19 emergency response today.
September, 2020 (1)
- The Short Barriers Questionnaire (SBQ): Validity, factor structure and correlates in an out-of-treatment sample of people dependent on methamphetamine.
Rebecca McKetin, Alexandra Voce, Richard A Burns, Brendan Quinn
J Subst Abuse Treat. 2020 Sep; 116:108029
August, 2020 (8)
- Effects of Question Type and Order When Measuring Peak Consumption of Risky Drinking Events.
Yeung JT, Livingston M, Callinan S, Wright C, Kuntsche E, Room R, Dietze P
Alcohol Alcohol. 2020 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Prevalence and correlates of simultaneous, multiple substance injection (co-injection) amongst people who inject drugs in Melbourne, Australia.
Palmer A, Higgs P, Scott N, Agius P, Maher L, Dietze P
Addiction. 2020 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Wearable Transdermal Alcohol Monitors: A Systematic Review of Detection Validity, Relationship Between Transdermal and Breath Alcohol Concentration and Influencing Factors.
van Egmond K, Wright CJC, Livingston M, Kuntsche E
Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2020 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Potential effects of disruption to HIV programmes in sub-Saharan Africa caused by COVID-19: results from multiple mathematical models.
Jewell BL, Mudimu E, Stover J, Ten Brink D, Phillips AN, Smith JA, Martin-Hughes R, Teng Y, Glaubius R, Mahiane SG, Bansi-Matharu L, Taramusi I, Chagoma N, Morrison M, Doherty M, Marsh K, Bershteyn A, Hallett TB, Kelly SL; HIV Modelling Consortium
Lancet HIV. 2020 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Adequate Analgesia and Oral Care Attendance in Opiate Dependent Individuals.
Abdelsalam S, Van Den Boom W, Dietze P, Erbas B, Higgs P
J Dent Res. 2020 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Victoria’s response to a resurgence of COVID-19 has averted 9,000-37,000 cases in July 2020.
Saul A, Scott N, Crabb BS, Majumdar SS, Coghlan B, Hellard ME
MJA. 2020 Aug; Preprint Epub ahead of print
- Cost-effectiveness of strategies to improve HCV screening, linkage-to-care and treatment in remand prison settings in England.
Mohamed Z, Scott N, Al-Kurdi D, Selvapatt N, Thursz MR, Lemoine M, Brown AS, Nayagam S.
Liver Int. 2020 Aug; Epub ahead of print
- Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted - should we be treating people with immune-tolerant chronic hepatitis B to prevent hepatocellular carcinoma?
Howell DJ, Chan HL, Feld JJ, Hellard ME, Thompson AJ
Gastroenterology. 2020 Aug; 158(8):2028-2032
July, 2020 (11)
- Using digital communication technology to increase HIV testing among men who have sex with men and transgender women: Systematic review and meta-analysis
Veronese V, Ryan KE, Hughes C, Lim MS, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Jul; 22(7):e14230
- A model of the economic benefits of global hepatitis C elimination: an investment case.
Scott N, Kuschel C, Pedrana A, Schroeder S, Howell J, Thompson A, Wilson DP, Hellard M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Global hepatitis C elimination: an investment framework.
Pedrana A, Howell J, Scott N, Schroeder S, Kuschel C, Lazarus JV, Atun R, Baptista-Leite R, 't Hoen E, Hutchinson SJ, Aufegger L, Peck R, Sohn AH, Swan T, Thursz M, Lesi O, Sharma M, Thwaites J, Wilson DP, Hellard M
Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2020 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Opportunities for improved HIV prevention and treatment through budget optimization in Eswatini.
Minnery M, Mathabela N, Shubber Z, Mabuza K, Gorgens M, Cheikh N, Wilson DP, Kelly SL
PLoS One. 2020 Jul; 15(7):e0235664
- Sustained, low prevalence of undiagnosed HIV among gay and bisexual men in Sydney, Australia coincident with increased testing and pre-exposure prophylaxis use: results from repeated, bio-behavioural studies 2014-2018.
Keen P, Lee E, Grulich AE, Prestage G, Guy R, Stoové MA, Bavinton BR, Asselin J, Hammoud MA, Broady T, Duck T, Holt M
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2020 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Low hepatitis C virus reinfection rate despite ongoing risk following universal access to direct-acting antiviral therapy among people living with HIV.
Hosseini-Hooshyar S, Martinello M, Yee J, Read P, Baker D, Post JJ, Finlayson R, Bloch M, Doyle JS, Shaw D, Hellard M, Petoumenos K, Carson J, Dore GJ, Matthews GV; CEASE study team
AIDS. 2020 Jul; 34(9):1347-1358
- Decentralized, Community-Based Hepatitis C Point-of-Care Testing and Direct-Acting Antiviral Treatment for People Who Inject Drugs and the General Population in Myanmar: Protocol for a Feasibility Study.
Draper BL, Pedrana A, Howell J, Yee WL, Htay H, Aung KS, Shilton S, Kyi KP, Naing W, Hellard M
JMIR Res Protoc. 2020 Jul; 9(7):e16863
- The potential impact of a gel-based point-of-sex intervention in reducing gonorrhoea incidence among gay and bisexual men: a modelling study.
Traeger MW, Tidhar T, Holt M, Williams C, Wright EJ, Stoové MA, Scott N, Hellard ME
Sex Transm Dis. 2020 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Achieving Hepatitis C Elimination By Using Person-Centered, Nurse-Led Models of Care: A Discussion of Four International Case Studies.
Richmond JA, Gallagher L, McDonald L, OʼSullivan M, Fitzsimmons C, Pedrana A
Gastroenterol Nurs. 2020 Jul; Epub ahead of print
- Use of controlled temperature chain and compact prefilled auto-disable devices to reach 2030 hepatitis B birth dose vaccination targets in LMICs: a modelling and cost-optimisation study.
Seaman CP, Morgan C, Howell J, Xiao Y, Spearman CW, Sonderup M, Lesi O, Andersson MI, Hellard ME, Scott N
Lancet Glob Health. 2020 Jul; 8(7):e931-e941
- The Preferred Qualities of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing and Self-Testing Among Men Who Have Sex With Men: A Discrete Choice Experiment.
Ong JJ, De Abreu Lourenco R, Street D, Smith K, Jamil MS, Terris-Prestholt F, Fairley CK, McNulty A, Hynes A, Johnson K, Chow EPF, Bavinton B, Grulich A, Stoové M, Holt M, Kaldor J, Guy R
Value Health. 2020 Jul; 23(7):870-879
June, 2020 (8)
- The impact of universal access to direct-acting antiviral therapy on the hepatitis C cascade of care among individuals attending primary and community health services.
Traeger MW, Pedrana AE, van Santen DK, Doyle JS, Howell J, Thompson AJ, El-Hayek C, Asselin J, Polkinghorne V, Membrey D, Bramwell F, Carter A, Guy R, Stoové MA, Hellard ME; EC Victoria Partnership and the Australian Collaboration for Coordinated Enhanced Sentinel Surveillance of Blood-borne Viruses and Sexually Transmitted Infections (ACCESS)
PLoS One. 2020 Jun; 15(6):e0235445
- Privacy-Preserving Record Linkage of Deidentified Records Within a Public Health Surveillance System: Evaluation Study.
Nguyen L, Stoové M, Boyle D, Callander D, McManus H, Asselin J, Guy R, Donovan B, Hellard M, El-Hayek C
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Jun; 22(6):e16757
- The response to COVID-19 in prisons must consider the broader mental health impacts for people in prison.
Stewart A, Cossar R, Stoové M
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2020 Jun; Epub ahead of print:4867420937806
- The impact of Victoria's real time prescription monitoring system (SafeScript) on a cohort of people who inject drugs.
Fetene DM, Higgs P, Nielsen S, Djordjevic F, Dietze P
Med J Aust. 2020 Jun; 213(3):141
- Frequent occurrence of low-level positive autoantibodies in chronic hepatitis C.
Deshpande P, Bundell C, McKinnon E, Hellard M, Ffrench R, Wilkinson AL, Drummer H, Gaudieri S, Lucas M
Pathology. 2020 Jun; 52(5):576-583
- Patterns and correlates of prescribed and non-prescribed pregabalin use among a sample of people who inject drugs in Australia.
Sutherland R, Dietze PM, Gisev N, Bruno R, Campbell G, Memedovic S, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Jun; Epub ahead of print
- Comparing sexual behaviours and knowledge between domestic students and Chinese international students in Australia: findings from two cross-sectional studies.
Douglass CH, Qin C, Martin F, Xiao Y, El-Hayek C, Lim MS
Int J STD AIDS. 2020 Jun; 31(8):781-790
- Integrating HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis and harm reduction among men who have sex with men and transgender women to address intersecting harms associated with stimulant use: a modelling study.
Bórquez A, Rich K, Farrell M, Degenhardt L, McKetin R, Tran LT, Cepeda J, Silva-Santisteban A, Konda K, Cáceres CF, Kelly S, Altice FL, Martin NK
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Jun; 23 Suppl 1:e25495
May, 2020 (8)
- A Mobile Phone-Based Sexual and Reproductive Health Intervention for Female Sex Workers in Kenya: Development and Qualitative Study.
Ampt FH, L'Engle K, Lim MSC, Plourde KF, Mangone E, Mukanya CM, Gichangi P, Manguro G, Hellard M, Stoové M, Chersich MF, Jaoko W, Agius PA, Temmerman M, Wangari W, Luchters S
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2020 May; 8(5):e15096
- Striving for hepatitis C elimination - the role of a vaccine.
Hellard M, Drummer H, Scott N
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 May; Epub ahead of print
- Cross-sectional metabolic profiles of mental health in population-based cohorts of 11- to 12-year-olds and mid-life adults: The Longitudinal Study of Australian Children.
Lange K, Lycett K, Ellul S, Saffery R, Mensah F, Carlin J, Gold L, Edwards B, Azzopardi P, Sawyer M, Juonala M, Burgner D, Wake M
Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2020 May; Epub ahead of print
- Sexual Behaviors and Violence in Pornography: Systematic Review and Narrative Synthesis of Video Content Analyses.
Carrotte ER, Davis AC, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2020 May; 22(5):e16702
- Psychometric properties of measures of substance use: a systematic review and meta-analysis of reliability, validity and diagnostic test accuracy.
Santos GM, Strathdee SA, El-Bassel N, Patel P, Subramanian D, Horyniak D, Cook RR, McCullagh C, Marotta P, Choksi F, Kang B, Allen I, Shoptaw S
BMC Med Res Methodol. 2020 May; 20(1):106
- Understanding mental health and its determinants from the perspective of adolescents: A qualitative study across diverse social settings in Indonesia.
Willenberg L, Wulan N, Medise BE, Devaera Y, Riyanti A, Ansariadi A, Wiguna T, Kaligis F, Fisher J, Luchters S, Jameel A, Sawyer SM, Tran T, Kennedy E, Patton GC, Wiweko B, Azzopardi PS
Asian J Psychiatr. 2020 May; 52:102148
- Enhancing the hepatitis B care cascade in Australia: a cost-effectiveness model.
Xiao Y, Howell J, van Gemert C, Thompson AJ, Seaman CP, McCulloch K, Scott N, Hellard ME
J Viral Hepat. 2020 May; 27(5):526-536
- Illicit drug use and harms in Australia in the context of COVID-19 and associated restrictions: Anticipated consequences and initial responses.
Dietze PM, Peacock A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 May; 39(4):297-300
April, 2020 (3)
- A strategic framework to ease community-wide Covid-19 suppression measures.
Coghlan B, Majumdar SS, Pedrana A, Hellard ME, Crabb BS
MJA. 2020 Apr; Epub ahead of print
- Trends in human immunodeficiency virus and sexually transmitted Infection testing among gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men after rapid scale-up of preexposure prophylaxis in Victoria, Australiaia.
Ryan KE, Asselin J, Fairley CK, Armishaw J, Lal L, Nguyen L, Murphy D, Traeger M, Hellard M, Hoy J, Stoové M, Wright E; PrEPX Study team
Sex Transm Dis. 2020 Apr; 47(8):516-552
- Non-consensual sharing of personal sexually explicit imagery among young people in Australia: results from an online survey.
Douglass CH, Wright CJC, Davis AC, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Apr; 17(2):182-186
March, 2020 (12)
- Effectiveness of an Ecological Momentary Intervention for Reducing Risky Alcohol Consumption Among Young Adults: Protocol for a Three-Arm Randomized Controlled Trial.
Wright C, Dietze PM, Kuntsche E, Livingston M, Agius PA, Room R, Raggatt M, Hellard M, Lim MSC
JMIR Res Protoc. 2020 Mar; 9(3):e14190
- Unmet Need for Family Planning and Experience of Unintended Pregnancy Among Female Sex Workers in Urban Cameroon: Results From a National Cross-Sectional Study.
Bowring AL, Schwartz S, Lyons C, Rao A, Olawore O, Njindam IM, Nzau J, Fouda G, Fako GH, Turpin G, Levitt D, Georges S, Tamoufe U, Billong SC, Njoya O, Zoung-Kanyi AC, Baral S
Glob Health Sci Pract. 2020 Mar; 8(1):82-99
- Language of Health of Young Australian Adults: A Qualitative Exploration of Perceptions of Health, Wellbeing and Health Promotion via Online Conversations.
Molenaar A, Choi TS, Brennan L, Reid M, Lim MS, Truby H, McCaffrey TA
Nutrients. 2020 Mar; 12(4)
- Measuring hepatitis C virus elimination as a public health threat:beyond global targets.
van Santen DK, Sacks-Davis R, Doyle JS, Scott N, Prins M, Hellard M
J Viral Hepat. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Direct assessment of mental health and metabolic syndrome amongst Indonesian adolescents: a study design for a mixed-methods study sampled from school and community settings.
Azzopardi PS, Willenberg L, Wulan N, Devaera Y, Medise B, Riyanti A, Ansariadi A, Sawyer S, Wiguna T, Kaligis F, Fisher J, Tran T, Agius PA, Borschmann R, Brown A, Cini K, Clifford S, Kennedy EC, Pedrana A, Pham MD, Wake M, Zimmet P, Durrant K, Wiweko B, Luchters S
Glob Health Action. 2020 Mar; 13(1):1732665
- Monocytes from men living with HIV exhibit heightened atherogenic potential despite long term viral suppression with ART.
Angelovich TA, Trevillyan JM, Hoy JF, Wong ME, Agius PA, Hearps AC, Jaworowski A
AIDS. 2020 Mar; 34(4):513-518
- Australia needs to increase testing to achieve hepatitis C elimination.
Scott N, Sacks-Davis R, Wade AJ, Stoové M, Pedrana A, Doyle JS, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME
Med J Aust. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Sharing the costs of structural interventions: What can models tell us?
Stuart RM, Wilson DP
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Reinfection following successful direct-acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C infection among people who inject drugs.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Hellard M, Bruneau J, Feld JJ, Cooper C, Powis J, Litwin AH, Marks P, Dalgard O, Conway B, Moriggia A, Stedman C, Read P, Bruggmann P, Lacombe K, Dunlop A, Applegate TL, Matthews GV, Fraser C, Dore GJ, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Mar; Epub ahead of print
- Community pharmacy naloxone supply, before and after rescheduling as an over-the-counter drug: sales and prescriptions data, 2014-2018.
Tse WC, Sanfilippo P, Lam T, Dietze P, Nielsen S
Med J Aust. 2020 Mar; 212(7):314-320
- Potential health gains among key populations in West and Central Africa through savings from lower-cost HIV treatment.
Stuart RM, Kelly SL, Martin-Hughes R, Wilson DP
AIDS. 2020 Mar; 34(3):439-446
- Gaps in the HIV diagnosis and care cascade for migrants in Australia, 2013-2017: A cross-sectional study.
Marukutira T, Gray RT, Douglass C, El-Hayek C, Moreira C, Asselin J, Donovan B, Vickers T, Spelman T, Crowe S, Guy R, Stoové M, Hellard M
PLoS Med. 2020 Mar; 17(3):e1003044
February, 2020 (15)
- Motivations for crystal methamphetamine-opioid co-injection/co-use amongst community-recruited people who inject drugs: a qualitative study.
Palmer A, Scott N, Dietze P, Higgs P
Harm Reduct J. 2020 Feb; 17(1):14
- Point-of-care HIV testing can help achieve UNAIDS targets.
Hellard M, Ryan KE, Stoové M
Lancet HIV. 2020 Feb; 7(4):e216-e217
- A digital pornography literacy resource co-designed with vulnerable young people: Development of "The Gist"
Davis AC, Wright CC, Murphy S, Dietze P, Temple-Smith MJ, Hellard ME, Lim MS
J Med Internet Res. 2020 Feb; 22(6):e15964
- Investing in the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adolescents: a foundation for achieving health equity.
Azzopardi P, Blow N, Purcell T, Brown N, Ritchie T, Brown A
Med J Aust. 2020 Feb; 212(5):202-204
- The effect of Instagram #fitspiration images on young women's mood, body image, and exercise behaviour.
Prichard I, Kavanagh E, Mulgrew KE, Lim MSC, Tiggemann M
Body Image. 2020 Feb; 33:1-6
- New Potential Axes of HIV Neuropathogenesis with Relevance to Biomarkers and Treatment.
Angelovich TA, Churchill MJ, Wright EJ, Brew BJ
Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Inter-relationships among key reproductive health indicators in sub-Saharan Africa focusing on the central role of maternal literacy.
Woldegiorgis MA, Meyer D, Hiller JE, Mekonnen W, Bhowmik J
Int Health. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- A quasi-experimental text messaging trial to improve adolescent sexual and reproductive health and smoking knowledge in Indonesia.
Pedrana AE, Pina J, Padmawati RS, Zuhrina R, Lazuardi L, Lim MSC, Hellard ME, Prabandari YS
Sex Health. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print
- Blood donation amongst people who inject drugs in Australia: research supporting policy change.
Quinn B, Pearson R, Cutts J, Seed C, Scott N, Hoad V, Dietze P, Wilson D, Maher L, Thompson A, Farrell M, Harrod M, Caris S, Pink J, Kotsiou G, Hellard M
Vox Sang. 2020 Feb; 115(3):162-70
- Prevalence of daily tobacco smoking participation among HIV-positive and HIV-negative Australian gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men.
Wilkinson A, Quinn B, Draper B, White S, Hellard M, Stoové M
HIV Med. 2020 Feb; 21(2):e3-e4
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of primary versus hospital-based specialist care for direct acting antiviral hepatitis C treatment.
Palmer AY, Wade AJ, Draper B, Howell J, Doyle JS, Petrie D, Thompson AJ, Wilson DP, Hellard ME, Scott N
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Feb; 76:102633
- Upscaling prevention, testing and treatment to control hepatitis C as a public health threat in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania: A cost-effectiveness model.
Scott N, Mohamed Z, Rwegasha J, Mbwambo J, Lemoine M, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Feb; Epub ahead of print:102634
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis for female sex workers: ensuring women's family planning needs are not left behind.
Bowring AL, Ampt FH, Schwartz S, Stoové MA, Luchters S, Baral S, Hellard M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25442
- Trends in late and advanced HIV diagnoses among migrants in Australia; implications for progress on Fast-Track targets: A retrospective observational study.
Marukutira T, Gunaratnam P, Douglass C, Jamil MS, McGregor S, Guy R, Gray RT, Spelman T, Horyniak D, Higgins N, Giele C, Crowe SM, Stoove M, Hellard M
Medicine. 2020 Feb; 99(8):e19289
- HIV incidence and factors associated with testing positive for HIV among men who have sex with men and transgender women in Myanmar: data from community-based HIV testing services.
Veronese V, Traeger M, Oo ZM, Tun TT, Oo NN, Maung H, Hughes C, Pedrana A, Stoové M
J Int AIDS Soc. 2020 Feb; 23(2):e25454
January, 2020 (25)
- Cost-effectiveness of transplanting lungs and kidneys from donors with potential hepatitis C exposure or infection.
Scott N, Snell G, Westall G, Pilcher D, Raggatt M, Walker RG, Hellard M, Peleg AY, Doyle J
Sci Rep. 2020 Jan; 10(1):1459
- Pregnancy-specific malarial immunity and risk of malaria in pregnancy and adverse birth outcomes: a systematic review.
Cutts JC, Agius PA, Zaw Lin, Powell R, Moore K, Draper B, Simpson JA, Fowkes FJI
BMC Med. 2020 Jan; 18(1):14
- Modelling the impact of migrants on the success of the HIV care and treatment program in Botswana.
Marukutira T, Scott N, Kelly SL, Birungi C, Makhema JM, Crowe S, Stoove M, Hellard M
PLoS One. 2020 Jan; 15(1):e0226422
- "That's the Lowest Place on Earth!" Experiences of the Carceral Spaces of Australian Police Custody for Marginalized Young Men.
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Qual Health Res. 2020 Jan; 30(6):880-893
- Social domains of discrimination against people who inject drugs: Links with health and wellbeing.
Couto E Cruz C, Salom C, Parsell C, Dietze P, Burns L, Alati R
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 77:102620
- Sex discrepancies in the protective effect of opioid agonist therapy on incident hepatitis C infection.
Geddes L, Iversen J, Wand H, Esmaeili A, Tsui J, Hellard M, Dore G, Grebely J, Dietze P, Bruneau J, Prins M, Morris MD, Shoukry NH, Lloyd AR, Kim AY, Lauer G, Cox AL, Page K, Maher L; InC3 Collaborative.
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; 70(1):123-131
- Directly observed hepatitis C treatment with opioid substitution therapy in community pharmacies: A qualitative study.
Gunn J, Higgs P
Res Social Adm Pharm. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Population-level diagnosis and care cascade for chlamydia in Australia.
Gray RT, Callander D, Hocking JS, McGregor S, McManus H, Dyda A, Moreira C, Braat S, Hengel B, Ward J, Wilson DP, Donovan B, Kaldor JM, Guy RJ
Sex Transm Infect. 2020 Jan; 96(2):131-136
- Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C in primary care compared to hospital-based care: a randomised controlled trial in people who inject drugs.
Wade AJ, Doyle JS, Gane E, Stedman C, Draper B, Iser D, Roberts SK, Kemp W, Petrie D, Scott N, Higgs P, Agius PA, Roney J, Stothers L, Thompson AJ, Hellard ME
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; 70(9):1900-6(9):1900-1906
- "A spray bottle and a lollipop stick": An examination of policy prohibiting sterile injecting equipment in prison and effects on young men with injecting drug use histories.
Walker S, Seear K, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 80:102532
- ‘Not my child’: parenting, pornography, and views on education.
Davis AC, Wright C, Curtis M, Hellard ME, Lim MSC, Temple-Smith MJ
J Fam Studies. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Moving towards hepatitis C micro-elimination among people living with HIV in Australia: the CEASE study.
Martinello M, Yee J, Bartlett SR, Read P, Baker D, Post JJ, 7, 8, Finlayson R, Bloch M, Doyle J, Shaw D, Hellard M, Petoumenos K, Lin L, Marks P, Applegate T, Dore GJ, Matthews GV; CEASE study team
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The prognostic significance of attenuated psychotic symptoms in help-seeking youth.
Hazan H, Spelman T, Amminger GP, Hickie I, McGorry PD, Phillips LJ, Purcell R, Wood SJ, Yung AR, Nelson B
Schizophr Res. 2020 Jan; 215:277-83
- Adherence to once-daily and twice-daily direct acting antiviral therapy for hepatitis C infection among people with recent injection drug use or current opioid agonist therapy.
Cunningham EB, Hajarizadeh B, Amin J, Litwin AH, Gane E, Cooper C, Lacombe K, Hellard M, Read P, Powis J, Dalgard O, Bruneau J, Matthews GV, Feld JJ, Dillon JF, Shaw D, Bruggmann P, Conway B, Fraser C, Marks P, Dore GJ, Grebely J
Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- The Elimination of Hepatitis C as a Public Health Threat.
Hellard M, Schroeder SE, Pedrana A, Doyle J, Aitken C
Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2020 Jan; 10(4):a036939
- Treading lightly: Finding the best way to use public health surveillance of hepatitis C diagnoses to increase access to cure.
Stoové M, Wallace J, Higgs P, Pedrana A, Goutzamanis S, Latham N, Scott N, Treloar C, Crawford S, Doyle J, Hellard M
Int J Drug Policy. 2020 Jan; 75:102596
- Designing, implementing and evaluating the overdose response with take-home naloxone model of care: An evaluation of client outcomes and perspectives.
Lintzeris N, Monds LA, Bravo M, Read P, Harrod ME, Gilliver R, Wood W, Nielsen S, Dietze PM, Lenton S, Shanahan M, Jauncey M, Jefferies M, Hazelwood S, Dunlop AJ, Greenaway M, Haber P, Ezard N, Malcom A
Drug Alcohol Rev. 2020 Jan; 39(1):55-65
- Why is adolescent drinking declining? A systematic review and narrative synthesis.
Vashishtha R, Livingston M, Pennay A, Dietze P, MacLean S, Holmes J, Herring R, Caluzzi G, Lubman D,
Addiction Res Theor. 2020 Jan; 28(4):275-288
- "They just don't care about us!": Police custody experiences for young men with histories of injecting drug use
Walker S, Higgs P, Stoové M, Wilson M
Aust NZ J Criminol. 2020 Jan; 53(1):102-120
- A descriptive analysis of young women.
Davis AC, Temple-Smith MJ, Carrotte E, Hellard ME, Lim MSC
Sex Health. 2020 Jan; 17:69-76
- Commentary on Arunogiri et al. (2019): Findings from surveillance of patterns of drug use and related harms need careful interpretation, promotion and response.
Dietze P, Horyniak D
Addiction. 2020 Jan; 115(3):480-481
- Perceptions of extended-release buprenorphine injections for opioid use disorder among people who regularly use opioids in Australia.
Larance B, Degenhardt L, Grebely J, Nielsen S, Bruno R, Dietze P, Lancaster K, Larney S, Santo T Jr, Shanahan M, Memedovic S, Ali R, Farrell M
Addiction. 2020 Jan; 115(7):1295-1305
- Commentary on Barre et al. (2019): Identifying remaining barriers to hepatitis C treatment in the DAA era.
Sacks-Davis R, van Santen DK, DoyleJS
Addiction. 2020 Jan; Epub ahead of print
- Response to Kwon et al. "Estimating the number of people who inject drugs and syringe coverage in Australia, 2005-2016".
O'Keefe D, Aitken C, Dietze P
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2020 Jan; 207:107800
- 'Think Hep B' in primary care: A before-and-after evaluation of a self-guided learning package.
Xiao Y, van Gemert C, Howell J, Adamson E, Towell V, Cowie BC, Thompson AJ, Hellard M
Aust J Gen Pract. 2020 Jan; 49(1-2):66-69
- Executive (0)
- Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies (HMHB) (0)
- Eliminate HIV (25)
- Strategic Funding & Partnerships Executive Team (0)
- Disease Elimination (149)
- Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (109)
- Philanthropy and Supporter Engagement (0)
- Eliminate Viral Hepatitis (28)
- Behaviours and Health Risks (91)
- Eliminate Malaria (17)
- Finance (0)
- Health Security (69)
- Eliminate Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Human Resources (0)
- Healthy Ageing (0)
- Research Support and Facilities (0)
- Information Technology (0)
- Laboratory Services (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Support Services Group (0)
- Project Management and Quality Assurance Office (0)
- Previous Research and Public Health Projects (0)
- Marketing and Communications (0)
- International Operations (2)
- HIV and AIDS (35)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) (8)
- Maternal and Child Health (28)
- Malaria (20)
- Immune Disease and Cancer (7)
- Hepatitis B (7)
- Hepatitis C (31)
- Global infectious disease threats (2)
- Injecting Drug Use (21)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (8)
- Tuberculosis (TB) (5)
- Young People's Health (15)
- Justice Health (2)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (9)
- Infectious Disease Modelling (2)
- Infectious Diseases Surveillance (2)
- LGBTQIA+ (3)
- Influenza (1)
- Global Adolescent Health (3)
- Antimicrobial resistance (2)
- COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) (17)